The Chef's Princess { Kyuhyun x Yumi }

K-Galaxy [ 'Oneshots' Collection ]

Written for: gamermaknaekyu

Song Used: Cho Kyuhyun's LISTEN TO YOU { http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXykNNn0K3Y }


 

"Kyuii~" Yumi happily chirped as she took small skips to the shop while bringing along the basket that contained the ingredients she has just bought from the mart that afternoon.

"Aigoo, the princess is here." The ahjumma, who was a regular customer in the restaurant, and a neighbor, declared.

"Princess? Where?" Kyuhyun teased and laughed as he looked around the place before taking the basket from Yumi, placing it on the counter. "Aigoo, why is this so heavy?" He tried peeking inside the basket. "What did you buy?"

Yumi took the comb out from her pocket and faced the full-length mirror to her right then retouched her braided hair. "Hmm.. just the usual ingredients we need for all the food here." She combed her hair for a bit more then put a little amount of gloss on her lips. "The princess is now prettier, isn't she?" She turned around to face the ahjumma and Kyuhyun, grinning like a kid.

"Yes, definitely prettier." The ajumma agreed with a smile. Kyuhyun also agreed, giving her a 'thumb's up' sign, before he continued scanning the basket for its contents. "Ya, why are these too many?" He slowly took out the noodle packs one by one.

"Don't worry, I paid for those separately." She went to his side and helped him unpack the contents.

"But still, don't eat too much of it." Kyuhyun laughed and Yumi made a face.

"You know how much I enjoy eating noodles."

"But still..."

The two continued arguing and the ahjumma just shook her head while smilng at the scene. Kyuhyun and Yumi have been friends not long ago but anyone who would see them can say they look good together.

"Just let me have those. Pleaseee~" Yumi pleaded and Kyuhyun ended up agreeing, feeling defeated.

Yumi took the items one by one and placed it to the shelves in the kitchen. Only Kyuhyun is there to cook because some of his employees took a break for a few days while Yumi can't cook.. or actually, she can but Kyuhyun doesn't trust her with it. The restaurant just ran out of cooked dishes but luckily, there was not much people that time. She grabbed an apron and tied her hair up before she heated the pan and got some ingredients ready. Then taking out a chopping board and knife, she began slicing tomatoes, onions, and garlic but just as she was about to put all those in the heated pan, a hand held her arm.

"What are you doing?" Kyuhyun asked with a smile and poked her waist, making her flinch a little.

"Aigoo, ya! Can't you tell? I'm going to cook~" She replied and pinched his nose.

"Ani, step aside. I will cook instead."

"Waeeee~?" She whined and he smiled at how cute she looked at the moment.

"Just let me handle this and stay at the side, okay? I will cook noodles for you after."

Yumi stayed there as instructed. She settled on the high stool and propped her elbows on the table as she watched Kyuhyun cooking, swaying her legs lightly. "Oppa, I want the noodles to be extra extra spicy." She requested.

"Wait, did you just call me 'oppa'? You never called me that."

"Ohh.. did I? Ah well, I guess it just slipped." Yumi chuckled and continued watching him. Kyuhyun couldn't help but smile at the fact that he finally heard her call him that for the first time.

Soon he was done cooking new dishes after double-timing. He cleared the workplace off of peels and other messes then took out another casserole and 2 packs of noodles. "Here it goes." He declared before starting to cook.. and Yumi clapped her hands excitedly.

Originally, the little restaurant was owned by Kyuhyun's mother, but some years later after meeting her best friend in school -- Yumi's mother -- she agreed to be business partners with her thus the joint ownership of the restaurant..  and that's how Kyuhyun and Yumi first knew each other. And this is one of the reasons why he treasures the restaurant.. because it's the reason she met her. Even for the short time they have been together, Kyuhyun has developed feelings for Yumi but of course, wouldn't let her know. Ever since he realized his feelings, he started feeling more lively and happier. He also convinced his mom to let him help in taking care of the business.. and cooking as well. So starting that moment, he became the main cook of the restaurant.. and became Yumi's personal chef too. It's not that anyone asked him to but he volunteered himself. He always asked Yumi what her favorites and likes are and makes it a point to prepare those for her. To him, it's like serving a princess.. his princess.

"Tada!" Kyuhyun presented his masterpiece to Yumi after he was done. "Here is your extra extra spicy noodles." He laughed and placed it on the table.

 

 

"Tell me if it's good, okay?" He told Yumi before sitting beside her and and placing a glass of water and a spoon beside the bowl.

Yumi took the spoon and scooped some soup, blowing on it lightly before taking it in. Then she picked the chopsticks up and started eating, chewing the food slowly as if she is on a cooking show and evaluating a contestant's dish. Kyuhyun can't help but smile at her as he watched her. She squinted her eyes and tapped her chin as she pretended to think on what to say.

"So, how is it?" Kyuhyun asked her, feeling a little nervous.

"Hmm..." Yumi prolonged the suspense a little longer before finally speaking her thoughts, "Of course it's good!" and gave him a 'thumb's up' before she continued eating.

"That's a relief then.. I thought you wouldn't.." Kyuhyun ruffled her hair, making her gasp. "Ya! I told you not my hair.." then she started chasing him around the kitchen and he ran away as he kept laughing at her.

 

-oOo-

 

Meanwhile in the restaurant, the old lady is still there even after a long stay and she was busy with her phone talking to someone. She stayed on a corner away from the other customers to make sure that no one would hear her. "Ne, everything is going fine so far. When are you coming home?" She asked the person on the other line. "Really? Aww.. alright then." Then she put the phone down. Unknown to her, Yumi had already finished her meal and sneaked behind her, trying to listen to her phone conversation.

"Omona! Yumi-ah, you gave me a shock." She said in a surprised tone when she turned around and saw her. "When did you get there?" She asked, trying to confirm if the young lady could have possibly heard something.

"Hmm.. not that long ago~" Yumi smiled and leaned her chin on her arm. "But grandma, who was that you're talking to? I heard you asking about a return." She asked back out of curiosity.

"Oh, that?" The ahjumma laughed, "So you heard nothing else? Aigoo, that's nothing.. don't mind it." She smiled at Yumi and tapped her hand lightly. "Well anyway, I need to go now. Just tell Kyuhyun, okay? And I've already paid, don't worry." She hurriedly made her way out of the restaurant. "But.." Yumi was going to say something more but the grandma had already left. "Aigoo, grandma is being weird today." She commented while shaking her head a litle as she watched her walk outside.

Moments later, Kyuhyun showed up bringing two glasses of cold orange juice. He placed one on the table then handed the other to Yumi. "Yumi-ah, I prepared fresh juice.. let's drink."

"Oh?" Yumi turned around and faced him. "Arasseo. Ah by the way, grandma seems weird today. I asked her who she was on the phone with but she suddenly said she's leaving and hurriedly walked away." She puffed her cheeks as she sat down on the stool and took a sip of her juice.

"Aigoo, stop being curious over such little things, ne?" Kyuhyun leaned forward and messed her hair up.

"Ya, not my hair again!" She tried to glare at him but broke into laughter when he made silly faces at her.

The rest of the day went on fine. When it was already time to close the restaurant, Yumi cleaned up the place first and made sure everything is in order before leaving.

"See you tomorrow~!" She told Kyuhyun before walking out and closing the door behind her.

 

-oOo-

 

The next morning, Yumi was still on her bed, stretching around with her eyes closed when her alarm clock buzzed again.. for the 5th time. Still feeling sleepy, she stretched her hand and pounded the clock's top, not minding to look at the time. She turned around to face her left side and hugged the blanket closer to her neck. Seconds later, it was her cellphone that buzzed, disturbing her from her nice sleep. Rubbing her tired eyes, she slowly opened it and took at a glance on her phone, making her jolt up. "Omo omo! It's 8:00 now, I'm late." She panicked and immediately shot up from the bed and ran to the bathroom to take a quick shower. As soon as she was done, she headed straight to her closet and picked something nice to wear. She decided to put on a light flowery dress

 

 

then dried her hair before braiding it. After touching up, she stood in front of the mirror and examined her reflection, slowly turning sideways to have a better look of the dress on her. Lastly, she wore one of the doll shoes that are at the foot of her bed, grabbed her sling bag, and headed out of the room.

After making sure all doors and windows are securely locked, Yumi hurriedly made her way to the restaurant which is only at the next block of the street. She can not believe she is actually running late. It worried her because of the fact that the restaurant had already opened an hour ago and there might be lots of customers but no one else aside from Kyuhyun is there to work. 

She rushed to the restaurant's entrance and saw a lot of people inside, eating and enjoying with their companions. She slowly walked inside and straight to the kitchen. "Kyui, I'm sorry I'm late. I hope you're not mad." She apologized to Kyuhyun the moment she saw him there, cooking yet another dish. "I-I overslept. I don't even know why." She scratched her forehead lightly, feeling embarrassed about the situation. Kyuhyun turned to her and smiled, "Why is the princess late today?" He was about to ruffle her hair but remembered that she does not like her hair to get messed so he pulled his hand back.

"I must have been really tired so I have slept a little longer. I'm really sorry. Did you do all the stuff here?" Yumi asked, curious, as she looked at all the dishes prepared.

"Grandma helped me in serving and cleaning." Kyuhyun replied.

"Grandma is here again today?" She asked, surprised. "That's a relief then. Now it's my time to help. What can I do?" She placed her brown sling bag on the shelf at the side and stood beside Kyuhyun.

"Hmm just stay there and be my inspiration.. and everything will be okay." Kyuhyun whispered to himself with a smile but Yumi heard part of it. "What? Stay here and..?" She tilted her head as she took a seat near him. "What? Oh, I mean stay there for now. Let's see what you can do to help later." He smiled at her. He didn't think Yumi heard part of the sentence. Luckily, she didn't hear the whole thing.

And so she stayed there like what Kyuhyun requested, playing games on her phone so she won't feel bored. She really didn't notice it but Kyuhyun has been stealing glances at her from time to time. Good thing he doesn't get distracted for too long because his dishes will surely burn if he loses focus.

"Have you eaten breakfast?" Kyuhyun suddenly asked, distracting Yumi from her game.

"No, I haven't because I rushed here and I wasn't able to grab some snack on the way either." She replied as she continued browsing on her phone.

"Alright then.. let's have some brunch together. You know, breakfast and lunch combined." He laughed and took another glance at her.

It's always like that.. well, almost. Kyuhyun would cook from Yumi most of the time, when they are in the restaurant at least, and serve her.. take care of her. That's also the reason why people will say that they look together as a couple, some would think that they are a pair, and others would wish for them to end up together. Although every time Yumi hears about this, she will only say that they are just normally good friends.

After cooking few more dishes, Kyuhyun prepared the meal for him and Yumi next. And when he was done, he readied it on one of the tables in the restaurant before calling Yumi. "Grandma, you want to join us for lunch?" He smiled and invited the ahjumma too who never failed to visit the restaurant each day. "Who will tend to the customers when they need assistance then?" The ahjumma asked worriedly but he said he will take care of it. If there's someone who needs help or additional food, he will just go to the kitchen and serve it to them.

The three shared the sumptuous lunch together while talking and laughing. For the first time, the ahjumma told jokes that made them laugh really loudly and they didn't think she would be able to think of those at her age.

Yumi was still laughing at the jokes, as well as Kyuhyun. The ahjumma was about to take another bite of her food when he phone rang so she excused herself and walked outside to take the call.

"Annyeong halmeoni~ I know I called you just yesterday but I want to check on things. How are the kids?" The voice on the other line spoke.

"Aigoo, Mari.. I'm glad you called again. They are doing really really fine. I guess if they spend more time with each other like this, feelings will surely develop sooner or later." The ahjumma happily told the person she is talking to. "I think your plan is working well." She smiled through the phone.

"Really? I hope so." Mari sighed happily.

"Yes, really. I can clearly see how Kyuhyun acts whenever your daughter is around. I can tell she is really his big inspiration and the reason behind his smiles everyday."

"Omona! I can't wait to see them both." Mari squealed on the other line. "Oh and about your question yesterday, I will only return after I hear the news that those two are already together as a couple."

 

-oOo-

 

Yumi kept streching her neck and looking outside the restaurant, trying to see where the ahjumma is. "I wonder what's taking grandma so long. Hmm maybe the one who called her is the same person who called yesterday." Then she stood up from the sofa. "Wait, I'm gonna go check." "Ya, stop meddling on other people's business." Kyuhyun tried to stop her, but too late for she was already on her way outside. She opened the door and stood there just behind the ahjumma.

"Okay then, see you soon.. Mari." The ahjumma said before putting her phone down. Then turning around, she was once again surprised with Yumi standing there. "Omo, you scared me." She placed her right hand over her chest. "What did you hear this time?"

"I heard my mom's name. Grandma, tell me, is she also the one who called you yesterday?" Yumi asked as she followed the ahjumma walking back inside the restaurant and to the table. "What did she say? What did you two talk about? Why are you keeping in in secrecy?" She shot those questions one after the other and the ahjumma just laughed at her. "Calm down, Yumi. You better ask your mother about that when she's back." The ahjumma was about to take her seat again when Yumi insisted. Kyuhyun on the other side, was just watching them, wondering what was going on. Then he stood up and interrupted. "What's the matter, grandma?" The ahjumma sighed in defeat and told them.

"Alright, Kim Mari called me today.. and yes, it's also her yesterday. Well, ayou think your mothers are just out of the country for some business matters? Actually no. They just want to set you up that's why they left. Also, they asked a favor from me to look after you here everyday and check on things." She grinned, feeling that the plan seems to take effect somehow.

"Set up? Like... set up for each other?" Kyuhyun asked then chuckled. "Whoa, then it means Mari imo is in favor of us too. She's also one of those shippers we have." He told Yumi as he looked at her.

"Wait, what shippers? And no, grandma I don't understand. Please explain further." Yumi demanded, pretending not to understand the situation.

"Isn't it clear?" The ahjumma asked. "Your mom wants you to fall for each other. And since I'm sure Kyuhyun already has feelings for you, then we are just waiting for you to fall for him then everything will be perfect. Your mom can also can back when that happens. I bet it will be perfect." She clapped and Yumi looked at her with wide, surprised eyes.

"W-what? Kyui has feelings for me?" She pointed to Kyuhyun. "And no, I wouldn't fall for this guy right here."

"Ouch.. that hurt." Kyuhyuan tapped his chest. "Look, since it's our mothers' wish after all, let's just make it come true." He told Yumi and she playfuly glared at him. "No!" She declined the idea. "Ya, why not?" He started to go after her and Yumi tried hiding behind the ahjumma.

"Just because no.."

"Are you afraid to fall for someone as handsome as me?"

"Ya, you are over confident about your looks, aren't you?" They continued to go around, Yumi trying to avoid Kyuhyun and Kyuhyun trying to get her.

"I just know how to tell the truth." Kyuhyun laughed. At that point, Yumi stopped going around the place but refused to looked at Kyuhyun. "Hey Yumi, I have something to tell you.." He poked Yumi's arm but she still did not look at him.

"I..'' then he poked Yumi again.

"You what?" Yumi finally turned to him and the moment she did, he pecked her lips.

".. like you." He continued.

Yumi instantly blushed multiple shades of pink and started chasing him around the restaurant, catching the people's attention.

"Ya, come back here! You stole my first kiss."

"No, not until you admit that you like me too.." Kyuhyun laughed as he continued to run to the streets, with Yumi still after him.