Introducing Matsushima Sou

Spin-off : Badminton !

Shori’s Point Of View

It was right after Marius and Rin-chan died, everything was in a chaos for a little while. The girls were crying hard and some of them even tried to commit suicide after the rumours about Marius death is true but now, everything is under control. I never expect it will be this bad and how much influence Marius had made until they are really a true following. Some of them met me, they gave me a note with handwritten asking..

   “Senpai, can I follow Marius-kun? Do you allow me to go and follow him to heaven? Please answer me senpai. I can’t accept the fact Marius-kun is dead now. Should I commit a suicide and live happily with him in the other world? I’m sure he is lonely right now. And I’m pretty sure he needs company and I’m ready to go with him.”

There were four girls with their eyes swollen in red. Their appearance showed they have no life anymore. They love Marius so much until they don’t even care they look haggard or ugly. I was so shock when they gave me the notes.

“No. Marius will be sad if you commit a suicide. Remember, he is dead not because of a purpose but it was in an accident. Please don’t do this.” I pleaded. The girls doesn’t want to listen and the one who is standing in the center took out a knife from under their sleeve and was about to stab but then it stopped.

I looked up and saw Sayuri held her wrist from behind. She looked angry and was not please with what the girl is trying to do. “Do you think killing yourself can solve everything? Do you think Marius-kun will like this? Killing yourself will lead you to hell not heaven!”

The girl started and she fell on her knees; crying as loud as she can. I squat and patted her shoulder, trying my best to confront her and I’m sure she is a fan of Marius since from the start.

“Listen, Marius-kun told me before.” I started. The girl looked up, looking forward to what am I going to say.

“Marius-kun said he loves his friends, his school and everybody. He even said to me, he loves his fan so much. If anything happen to him until death comes please tell them that he loves them so much. Marius said again, don’t ever do something stupid just because of me. Life must go on. Okay?” I said, the girl wiped her tears away and flashed a smile to me. Even I faked the whole sentence but at least it didn’t cause any death anymore. I’m so sorry. It is for everyone’s sake.

“Thank you senpai.” The rest said and helped the girl stands on her feet. They walked away while making themselves up; correcting their hair and attire.

“Well that helps a little.” Sayuri said.

“Yeah. But Marius lost is really a huge impact to everyone especially his fans.” I said.

I walked to the lobby and found myself having my eyes stick to the board. It was Marius and Rin-chan’s picture hang with flowers on the frame. I couldn’t think anything much as my heart is really painful and my body moved towards the board and starred at the photos. I didn’t realize I had my fingers Rin-chan’s photo and tears started to fall again.

“It is so unfair. How could you go without letting me know your answer? At least tell me that you still want me to stay by your side and play with you. This is so unfair.” Punching the wall without the tears stop from falling down. It is hard to accept. She is gone. My love is gone. And she even left me just for her lover. Unfair.

-during assembly-

“Attention students, I’m here to invite our new student and please give him an applause. Matsushima Sou-kun, please introduce yourself” Said the MC and a new male student walked up the staircase and stopped at the microphone stand in the centre.

“My name is Matsushima Sou and I just transferred to Osaka 3 days ago. Hope I can get along with you all and please guide me. Thank you.” He said and walked down from the stage. The way he walked is so…….arrogant.

It was unexpectedly that new student is in my class and sat next to me which was supposed to be Marius seat. Some of the girls just starred at the seat with solemnly face and turned front hopelessly. Our homeroom teacher asked me to show him our club and society and our school.

When we were walking around, the girls started to wave at him and giggling to themselves and some of them were peeking to see him. Okay… New Marius era? Suddenly we stopped at the lounge; he was staring at our Marius and Rin-chan’s funeral photos.

“Who are they?” He asked.

“The legend popularity kid named Marius Yo and our best friend Haruka Rin.” I said.

“But why they put this as the memorial section? Where are they? I have never seen them.” He asked again.

“Marius and Rin-chan were already dead last winter due to accident. Because of Marius’s popularity, his photo requested by his fans to put it as a memorial in the lounge. Rin-chan was Marius girlfriend and they died together in a car crash.” I said.

“Oh. Sorry to hear that.”

“It is okay.”

“Which class he was in?” He asked.

“In our class. The seat that you took was his place. And the locker that you used was belongs to Marius too.” I replied again.

“I see. No wonder the girls in our class were staring at me with some kind of unpleased expression and even some of the girls cried when they saw I was putting my things into the locker. This kid must be very popular before and I found something in his locker. I guess I should give this to you since it has your name on it.” He said and took a few photos from his pocket.

He thanked me and walked away. I took a look at the photos and it was my picture with Rin-chan; together and alone. All the photos were about me and Rin-chan. None of them has his face or Sayuri. I flipped the back of the photos and found a short handwritten message.

I’m jealous. Yes I am jealous. I couldn’t stop myself watching Shori with Rin-chan together.

I can’t do this. I can’t betray Sayuri-chan.

Rin-chan’s smiles were the most beautiful smile that I’ve ever seen after my mother. Everytime I see her smile, it gives me a one kind feeling that I will never get from other girl. A feeling of an endless happiness and eternity. I can’t stand to see Rin-chan gives her smiles to Shori. I just want that smile. That smile is just for me not for Shori or any other guy that she knows. No. Only me.

The last photo with a longer message knocked me down. It was heartbreaking to know Marius had been following us everywhere. He loved Rin-chan so much until he couldn’t calm himself. Marius, the last photo is about you. Rin-chan was smiling is because of you. We were talking about you and she smiled happily after she said something about you. It was not for me. It was for you, Marius…


The first chapter is up! Yay! Hope to see more feedback and sorry if there is any grammar or spelling mistakes because I will only check again a few days after I post a chapter. Oh my, Shori. I feel sorry to him because he loves Rin so much but what to do? Rin is already die.. :(