Step 1. Know the basics

Connect the Dots

“Guys, what are you doing?” Leeteuk screamed. He threw the file on the table. Yuri and Siwon stood there, looking down.

“Not only did you get one operative killed, you sent two into the hospital, the city has already lost faith in the police force.” Leeteuk said.

“Sir, Kangin is always a step ahead of us, we have been trying.” Siwon said.

“I don’t care. You guys have been working on this case for 3 years when are we going to finally get the enough evidence for his arrest.” Leeteuk said.

“You are right, we have been fighting with him for 3 years, he knows us too well.” Yuri said.

“What are you trying to tell me?” Leeteuk said.

“We need to try a different approach.” Yuri said.

“Continue.” Leeteuk said, sitting in his seat. Siwon and Yuri gave him a proposal.

“Hmm… this is a good idea. I will pick the operatives for this mission.” Leeteuk said.

“Yes Sir!”Siwon and Yuri left the office. Leeteuk sighed.

--

“I can’t believe we made it.” Jessica said out of breath. They just ran 6 miles.

“Come on, we have like a week left.” Sungmin said.

 “Jessica you still haven’t improved on your breathing.” Eunhyuk said. He took out his gameboy and was playing with it.

“You don’t have pressure to do well.” Sungmin said. Eunhyuk looked at Sungmin.

“Who came into the academy so his best friend wouldn’t suffer?” Eunhyuk said, pointing himself.

“You.” Sungmin said, getting up.

“Who was it when you needed help on that test?” Eunhyuk said, looking at Sungmin.

“You! You! Ok. I couldn’t do anything without you!” Sungmin said.

“But didn’t you need a job anyways.” Jessica asked. Sungmin nodded.

“That’s right. And who would of known, you would like it.” Sungmin said.

“Whatever.” Eunhyuk said.

“Who’s that girl?” Sungmin said, pointing to a girl across the field.

“She can’t be a cadet, there are only 4 other girls.” Jessica said.

“She is cute.” Sungmin said, about to run over. Eunhyuk held him back.

“What are you doing?” Sungmin said. Eunhyuk let go.

“Look.” Eunhyuk said, pointing to the girl and the male with her.

“UGH! Donghae? WHY?” Sungmin said.

“There is more fish in the sea.” Eunhyuk said. Sungmin sat on the ground.

“Don’t be so mean, Sungmin.” Jessica said.

“Mean, he is like a walking robot. He thinks because he is the top student he can do whatever he wants.” Sungmin said.

“It kinda means you shouldn’t talk down on him.” Eunhyuk said.

“He doesn’t even look interested in her.” Sungmin said, spying at them.

“He smiled.” Jessica said, taking a peek. Eunhyuk just continued playing with his gameboy.

“I need to beat him once.” Sungmin said, staring on at the girl.

--

“Donghae!” Sunny screamed.

“Hey Sunny.” Donghae said.

“Are you happy? You are about to get out!” Sunny said, giving Donghae a hug.

“You know you shouldn’t be here. It’s not protocol.” Donghae said.

“You don’t want lunch, the canteen has nasty food, I can’t believe my brother had to eat that for half a year.” Sunny said, showing him a box of food.

“It’s fine, I can still come home on Saturdays for decent food.” Donghae said.

“How are you? Make any friends.” Sunny said, looking around. No one. Donghae looks at Sunny.

“Donghae, you are almost out of the police academy and you still haven’t made a single friend. You are always giving people a cold stare. No one is going to like you.” Sunny said.

“It doesn’t matter, I’m here to become a cop, not to be friends with fools.” Donghae said.

“Donghae, be reasonable, to be the top student you need the bad. To be rich there has to be poor.” Sunny said.

“Yea, and we happen to be the poor.” Donghae said. He stabbed a grape.

“We are fine. I’m getting my medic license in a couple months.” Sunny said.

“You are finally going to pass.” Donghae said.

“Hey! I coulda passed the first time. I just forgot my stuff.” Sunny said.

“Sure, how is home?” Donghae asked.

“Good. Taeyeon is doing better.” Sunny said.

“How is the store? Getting customers?” Donghae said.

“Taeyeon is familiar to the store now. She still doesn’t go out much though. She is so white now.” Sunny said.

“It’s better that she doesn’t run around and get herself hurt.” Donghae said.

“It’s fine. She is adjusting, Leeteuk is with her too.” Sunny said.

“I’m going to get that bastard.” Donghae said.

“You shouldn’t be so mean, since you been at the academy, he comes over a lot to help.” Sunny said.

“He is the reason Taeyeon went blind. Don’t forget that.” Donghae said.

“It was an accident, Donghae.” Sunny said, standing up.

--

“They are fighting. They are fighting.” Sungmin said, whacking Jessica.

“Really?” Jessica said.

“You guys should really stop his habit.” Eunhyuk said.

“Shhh.” Sungmin said.

“It’s not like you guys can even hear their conversation.” Eunhyuk said. It was quiet. He looked up and Sungmin and Jessica were gone.

“Where did they go?” Eunhyuk said. He saw Sungmin and Jessica going across the field.

“Those village idiots!” Eunhyuk said, going after them.