Denial

Love, Love, Love

L Joe's POV

It was just a usual Saturday morning when it happened. I was just taking a walk in the park, as I usually do every Saturday morning. The sun was shining, the birds were singing, people here and there, it was cliche, I know, but it's true.

Anyway, I was just walking around, not knowing what to do. Long story short, I was bored. Until I saw HIM. He was Lee Chanhee, my classmate who sits 2 seats away to my left in math, science, and literature classes. It was an assigned seating arrangement, but still...

Something else caught my attention. It was the puppy. He was bringing his little baby doggie for a walk. Aww, how cute... When I saw him with the puppy, my heart beat faster, and my palms started to sweat. A LOT. Was I actually afraid of DOGS? I didn't even know...

"Hey, Byunghun, is that you?" He yelled at me. I turned away, my heart was still beating superfast, so I just turned around and walked the other way, hoping that he thought he got the wrong person, or something like that. I guess I was right, since the next thing I heard was him saying to himself, "I guess it wasn't him after all."


The next Saturday, I walked in the park once more. Part of me was-strangely-hoping to meet Chanhee once more, but another part of me felt nervous due to my newfound fear of dogs. Would he think that it's lame to be afraid of dogs? I mean, he owns one, so how would he react if he knew that one of his classmates-namely me-is afraid of his pet?

And I can't say that I was surprised when I saw him at the same spot, with his dog walking beside him. It doesn't even have a leash, what if it escapes? Isn't it kind of dangerous? Then I saw him walking towards me. DANGER ZONE, DANGER ZOOONE!!!! I yelled to myself, in my head, of course.

Ah, Byunghun! IT REALLY IS YOU I SAW LAST WEEK! How come you didn't stop by and talk to me?" He said, pouting and puffing out his cheeks slightly. And my heart started to malfunction once more. What's even worse is that my brain and my mouth doesn't seem to want to cooperate! Everything I say just comes out as stutters! Great. Just great.

"I, um, yeah well, had s-some... Errands to do, yeah, so... Y-you know, I.. I didn't h-have that much t-time to.. Uh.. Chat, and... Stuff..." I mumbled. My voice just got quieter and slower each time! It must be the dog. It can't be what I think it is, can it? It's the dog, right? I'm afraid of the dog, so I want to get away from it as soon as possible! Yeah, that's it, it's not like I'm nervous around Chanhee because I have a crush on him, or anything like that, really. It's the dog. That's GOT to be it.

"And, uh, I kinda sorta maybe have to go, like, right now, gotta do that math worksheet due in three days, remember? So yeah gotta go and... Haha, see you at school on Monday, bye, later, gotta go, uh, just... BYE!!".

Aaand... My voice just started speaking on its own. Now my brain and my voice are cooperating really well. A little TOO well, in fact. Then I left him and ran off like the coward I was. And the most embarrassing thing was that I heard him say quietly to himself, in a confused voice, "But... We don't even have any math homework due next week, and we're in the same math class..."


The next Saturday, I went to the park once more. On the way to the park, I saw a couple walking a dog together. Those two are Changjo and Ricky, and they have been publicly dating for around 3 months. Nobody objects though, since they're really cute together, they even have fangirls who nicknamed the couple Changrick.

But for some reason, I wasn't scared of their dog, even though I know that the dog was actually Chanhee's dog. It had the same light blue collar with golden carving that says "Chanhee". Why wasn't I scared? Shouldn't I be scared?

A few minutes later, I saw Chanhee walking towards me. "Hey, you're here again, huh?" He asked me, smiling softly. NOOO!! He's smiling, what should I do? CUTENESS OVERLOAD!! I had an inner turmoil that time, and I really have no idea what to do.

"I, um, I come here every Saturday morning..." I said, completely aware of the warmth spreading in my body. "So, uh, I saw Ricky and Changjo earlier, why were they walking your dog?" I asked hesitantly.

"You seem to be nervous around me, and I don't want that." He replied casually. "I thought the reason was my dog. You're always so nervous and fidgety around me, and I thought that maybe you're afraid of dogs, because I so I asked Changrick to walk them for me just for today. Because today... I just want to spend my time with you."

"Ohmygosh, you call them by CHANGRICK? I can't believe it! Hahaha..." Suddenly, that just tumbled out of my mouth. Oh my God what if he thought I was being stupid? Wait what do I care? Oh, Chanhee's laughing. In a good way, I think. Wow... Since when did he look so good? What if maybe, just maybe, it wasn't the dog? Because even though I'm here with Chanhee and only him, without his dog around, my heart was still thundering against my chest... I think... I think I'm in love...

"Ch-chanhee, I... Don't think it's your dog that makes me nervous... I think it's you.."

"Wh-what? You're afraid.. Of me?" Chanhee said. He frowned, and his expression suddenly turned into a sad one.

"No, I think you make me nervous, and not out of fear, but... Out of love.. Chanhee, I think.. I'm in love with you.."

- End


Wordcount: 1011 words

I decided to do a word count, kekeke...

Hoe you liked it, leave a comment if you feel like it~!