Final

A Warm Confession

I Like You..


A Warm Confession

Baro laughed with Eunji as they walked down the street, nothing but the street lamps lighting their way. It was getting pretty late out and seeing as they'd spent the whole day clowning around in various places, it was safe to say they both felt pretty tired. At first, Baro wasn't sure about the whole 'zoo' idea since he knew how Eunji felt about animals, but it seemed to him that she liked it a lot more than planned, especially when he was able to buy her a huge stuffed panda bear from one of the gift shops.

They stopped walking upon reaching Eunji's dorm room, Eunji standing up a little higher due to being on the steps of her dorm room's nonexistent porch.

Both stood in silence, exchanging silent glances at each other before Eunji bowed her head and started to walk away. She immediately stopped in her tracks however, after hearing his voice.

"I think I like you." Baro muttered, rubbing the back of his head.

Eunji stopped and turned towards the boy again, not saying a word as she only blinked. A frown spread across her face as she looked to Baro with a blank expression that wasn't easily readable.  She'd been holding a huge stuffed bear in her arms that somewhat got in the way, nearly covering over half of her face. Though this was inconvenient to Baro who liked Eunji's face--it fit perfectly for her who felt like shriveling up in a corner.

Her lips gradually begin to part as she started speaking, "What?" She asked, tilting her head a little.

Baro's face warmed up as he placed his hands inside the depths of his jean pockets, "I-I think I like you.."

"Oh, I like you too." Eunji said, smiling a little. "But you know that, right? I mean we've been best friends for yea--"

"No, not like that." Baro interrupted, his face the color of a cherry tomato. "I like like you.. as more than a friend."

Another awkward silence swept over the two as they stood there, not knowing what to say. Baro was hoping for some kind of miracle that she'd accept his heart or at least try and see his heart.. while Eunji only tried to piece things together, taking the issue much lighter. A small laugh rolled off her tongue as she slapped her knee once before trudging down the two steps, going over to flick Baro's forehead.

"Paboya!" She exclaimed, smiling warmly. "Don't joke around so much."

Baro squinted, "I'm not joking this time, I'm serious Eunji." He said, keeping a straight face.

His hand ventured up towards his forehead, giving the spot that had been flicked a gentle rub while looking at Eunji who was giggling childishly. She held up the huge bear and moved it around to each side of his face, pressing the bears mouth gently against each of his cheeks once as to give him a kiss. "How can I take you serious when you're like this?" She asked.

"Like what?"

"This." She said, motioning towards his stature. "We've been friends forever. I know everything about you and you're always there to make me laugh.. I've always thought of you as a brother. Plus.. we're almost never serious with each other so how could you like someone like me?" Eunji tilted her head a little, awaiting a reply.

The boy sighed deeply, pushing his hands further into his pockets, nearly bursting the seams--" I like you because of all those reasons I guess, I don't know.. I just feel like we should be together, is that wrong?"

"Well, yeah." She said with a nonchalant voice, rolling her eyes playfully. "I can't be the one you like."

"What aren't you understanding about this?" Baro said, his voice growing a bit louder. "Eunji.."

"Baro.." Eunji chimed in a sing-song voice. "Heheh."

As Eunji stood there, laughing and toying around carelessly, she failed to realize that Baro had been drawing himself closer and closer. He stood only inches from the girl now and without a word--took the teddy bear from her hands, sitting it on the ground near the steps. Like a flower that was wilting, Eunji's body seemed to tense up as she attempted to step backwards nearly stumbling over the porch steps that she'd been standing on moments ago. Baro reached  around with his left arm to catch her, looking her seriously in the eyes.

The girl's eyes widened as she clung to Baro's neck for support, her cheeks reddening all the while.

Slowly, he started to lean in. "Do you think this is a game?" Baro muttered, growing closer and closer towards Eunji's face.

She gulped and shook her head lightly, "I--"

Eunji's words were quickly cut off as Baro pressed his lips against her's firmly. The warm from his breathe sent chills down her spine as her eyes widened once more upon sudden surprise. She mumbled in between the kissed and stuck out both her hands, placing them against his chest in attempt to push him away. After breaking the kiss she only looked at Baro with resentment. "YAH!" She exclaimed, furrowing her eyebrows. "WHAT THE HELL?"

"What?" Baro questioned, rubbing his thumb across his bottom lip. "Was it that bad?"

"No, not that you idiot." She said, letting out a heavy sigh. "Why did you kiss me?"

Baro let Eunji go, watching as she almost stumbled over again before turning away to walk in same direction in which they'd came. He didn't say anything, but instead slumped away--rubbing at the back of his head. Was there really even a point in trying to get through to a girl with such a thick head? He was wrong to confess and after gathering so much curious for weeks and weeks, this was all he had to show for it; an obvious rejection. Baro had already made it halfway down the street but came to a halt after a pair of arms wrapped themselves tightly around his waist, a warm body adding to the pressure on his back as well. 

"Hajima." A voice whispered, hugging tightly.

"Eunji, let go." Baro said. His voice was quieter now, filling the air with a melancholy feel. He grabbed Eunji's hands that had wrapped themselves around his gut almost, attempting to pry them apart.

The more he pulled, the tighter she clung. "Ani. I won't.."

He sighed once more, "And why is that?"

There was another silence that fell between them as they stood there in the middle of the street, Eunji awkwardly hugging and clinging onto Baro's back. Baro waited for his answered, looking up at the night sky that was filled with stars. The moon was just above them but was quickly covered by a small cloud passing by. His head dropped again as he rand in hand over the fringe of his bangs, attempting to smooth them out neatly.

"Because.." Eunji started, tightening her grip a little. "I think I like you too."

 


☑ Author Notes:

Well, that's the end I suppose.. or is it?

That's all folks so I hope you enjoyed this short little drabble of how Eunro came to be.

GIF credits to their rightful owner; eunjio@tumblr.