Stalk 1 : JungLi [ The Photographs ]

Shadows

 

"Your hair color is weird. What is that? Brownish-orange?"

"You too. Pink was always making my eyes hurt."

"You have no right to talk back to me!"

"And i believe that you think you have any to insult me, right? Please get lost now, i'm busy."

"Yah!! Who are you to speak like that to me?!"

"My name is Choi Jinri. And i think you should check your brain since you always asking about me whenever we have some sweet conversation here. Are you sure that you alright?"

 

And the two girls kept continuing their 'good morning' bickering of that day in the hallway. At first, all of the students found it was amusing and would stop on their track just for watching how the beautiful pink headed girl insulting the brownish-orange haired one first, but always ended by raising her voice up all the way and stomped her feet in defeat. But now, since they know how it would end -they had been watched too much for the past six months- no one bothered to stop and just passing by them as though there were nothing special happened.

 

"The point is, YOUR HAIR COLOUR IS WEIRD AND SOMEWHAT GIVE ME AN EYESORE!!" Krystal shouted frantically at the emotionless girl who stood before her.

"Then? I can tell you one thing obvious which i hope could make you feel better," the girl stated flatly while crossed her arm, there was even no little hint which show neither her emotion nor dejection as her calm voice echoed through the air. "Don't look at me. It's not like i'm the one who begging for you to staring at me, Krystal Jung."

The pink head's eyes widened when heard such the brave answer from the latter since she didn't expecting it would coming. She blinked a few times before open again, "Watch your mouth, Choi!"

Sulli just looked straight into Krystal dark orbs and hissed, "Listen, Jung. I don't have any problem with you and i don't know why on earth you are so care with my being in this school. So stop irritating me like this!!"

"Ohh, am i irritating you?" the slightly shorter girl threw a devilish grin, "It's my pleasure, Jinri-ssi. And i won't stop."

Sulli gritted her teeth as her eyes finally glittered with an emotion; hatred.

"... I hate you, Krystal Jung," she hissed again. "Do what do you want to do, i will never care with you. I have my own life, too busy to give even just a single glance for you."

With that, she furiously walked away, left Krystal who just stared at the air with cloudy eyes.

 

-

 

The Jung flopped her on her seat with a deep sigh after slammed her backpack against the marbled floor. Class would start in ten minutes and she noticed that it was already full with her classmates sat neatly on their own seat.

"Hhh.." she sighed again then lied her head down on the table with closed eyes, "It's hurt.."

"And why are you feel hurt?"

A familiar mocking voice could be heard from her left side and Krystal never needs to open her eyes to see the intruder.

She groaned, still with eyes shut tightly, "Get lost, Amber. I'm not in the mood."

The blonde tomboy grinned widely at her best friend response, "Good morning too, Krys~" she pulled a chair and sat next to the grumpy pink head, "Did something happened before?"

"Nothing," finally, Krystal sat up straight and rubbed her eyes. "Just.. Just give her my morning greeting and.. She said that she was too busy even just to give me a glance!!"

Amber rolled her eyes, but said nothing.

"How dare she talk like that to me! How dare that Choi girl left me like a fool there!!" she slammed her head to the wooden table hardly, elicited a loud thud from the impact. Amber cringed her face when heard the sound, but Krystal seemed didn't feel the pain at all as she started crying dramatically, "She hate me.. She didn't want to give me even a single damn and it's hurt! Do you know how much my heart aching right now, Amber-ssi?!"

"You hurt her first, Pabo Jung," Amber scoffed nonchalantly. "That's your fault."

Krystal jumped from her seat with anger written clearly all over her face, "MY FAULT?!"

"Yeah."

"I was just told her what in my mind!!"

Amber couldn't do anything except rolled her eyes again as her response for her friend's silly answer.

"Whatever, Krys," she shrugged before pulled out a bulky envelope from her jacket's pocket and gave it to Krystal. "Here are the photos. I've printed them yesterday."

When saw the envelope, the young girl's eyes immediately sparkling with happiness and seemed like all of her anger faded away to lala-land or somewhere around it. She snatched it from Amber's hand with full eager, "Aww, thanks Amber!!"

The latter chuckled while went back to her table since the bell was already rang, alarmed the students to get ready with their first lesson.

"You know, Krystal?" she spoke softly. "You can't attract someone by insult them about everything nonsense almost everyday. You should stop it."

 

-

 

Class was just dismissed around thirty seconds ago, but certain pink and blonde head could be seen running all of their way passed the hallway, crossed the school's field, straight to another building which placed in other side of their school; gymnasium. The younger one held a tiny digital-camera on her both hand while the tomboy who ran along with her just remained seemingly unstoppable groans, obvious that she was being dragged with force by the stubborn pink head.

"Hurry, Amber!!" Krystal quickened her pace when her eyes caught the sight of the gym's door, "I don't want missing this moment again!"

The latter snorted, but still tried to catching up with her friend's flash steps, "What?! Tell me again, you have a box of them already, Jung Soojung!!"

Krystal didn't bother to give a reply her best friend's complain since they've already arrived at their destination. She tiptoed closer and sneaked into the indoor area carefully with Amber followed her every moves. There, they saw a group of girls were chit-chatted happily while walking toward the lockers direction. Amber took a glance at Krystal who stood next to her like a statue, staring straight without any blink at certain someone with jaw slightly hung open. She knew where the Jung's eyes had landed on; those brownish-orange haired girl.

"Yah," she whispered. "We come here not for staring at her, remember?"

Heard Amber's voice, Krystal snapped out from her day dreaming and immediately turned her camera on with her eyes still glued to that girl.

"Look at her," she giggled at the sight how those girl smile widely while talking to her friends. "She's so cute, isn't" she?"

"Yeah."

Once her camera was ready, Krystal quickly zoomed in the lens so the gadget could get the closer and clearer picture of the target. She focused it at the girl's face and started snapping the pictures of her from various angels, the best that she could take secretly from behind the wall. Krystal got about five photos of Choi Jinri before she lost from her sight into the locker room.

"Aish.." she growled while stared at the display, "I want more of her in training uniform though.."

The blonde tomboy peeked through Krystal's shoulder, glanced at the camera's screen which showed Choi Jinri with overly wide smile.

"You can see those smile everyday if she's be your girlfriend, Buddy," she shrugged. "Just confess to her."

The pink haired girl sighed before shook her head weakly, "She hate me, remember?"

"Then? You know that you can't taking picture of her like this forever, Krys.."

"And what?" Krystal turned her body and started walking desperately toward the door's direction, let Amber trailed after her behind, "You want me to come to her face and casually say 'Hi Jinri, actually i love you from our ing first day in this damn school and my rudeness all of this time was just because i want to talk to you. Now do you want to be my lover?', right?! I can't, Amber!!"

The latter chuckled when heard her friend's desperate gibberish. She pulled Krystal's hand gently, made her stop walking and turned her body again for facing the older girl.

"But you should stop all of this, nevertheless."

"... I will, someday.. When i believe that i have no chance again.." she beamed the tomboy a faint smile as she continued, "But now.. Let me be her shadow for a while.. At least.. I could be happy by following her, guarding her in silence, and taking her pictures like this.."

 

 

*Let’s turn back the pendulum*

 

In this whole galaxy, just Amber who know that Krystal Jung was actually head over heels with Choi Jinri, the girl with weird brownish-orange colored hair. The Mighty Jung never tell anyone, obviously she was not that type of person.

Well, if you asked since when she crazy over those girl, she couldn't answer it properly since she didn't know about that too. She just found herself couldn't stop staring and admiring Choi Jinri since their first day as freshmen, and then she just started following her everywhere. Stalk, literally. At first, she was just shadowing her steps whenever they crossed path accidentally. But soon, she started looking for her in purpose. Krystal couldn't get enough of those wide smiles. Day by day passed, her admiration changed into something deeper; love. She really want to be friend with her, but the latter seemed didn't even know that there were a living creature who named Jung Soojung breathing in this world. She had tried to make Jinri notice her presence by bump into her purposely or simply standing next to her whenever they were in the line for get some lunch. But it was zero. Choi Jinri even never took a single glance at her. Krystal got frustrated, Amber as well since the young girl always burst into her room and started weeping like a mad woman every time her plan wasn't working. Then, the tomboy came out with an idea about months ago, when she thought that Krystal's disturbance was getting unbearable.

 

"You should-" Amber closed her eyes while massaged her aching temple, "You should talk to her, that's final. Maybe you could bumping into her body everyday, like everybody did in the bus stop, in the shopping center, everywhere! She will never ever think about you if you keep doing this."

Krystal, who still had her brown hair that time, wiped her tears with a tissue dramatically, "But i don't know what to say!!" she sobbed, "I'm not good with words, you know that.."

The taller girl flopped her on her bed and crossed her legs, "You just need to tell her what's in your mind, Krys."

"In.. In my mind?"

"Yeah. The first thing which cross your mind once your eyes landed on her face," Amber stated while bobbed her head. "Don't be cheesy, casual greeting will be fine. Then it will be the gate for your next relationship with her, Krys.."

 

Krystal Jung had prepared as though she prepared herself for entrance exam. She even practiced how to speak nicely by 'compliment' her sister that night.

"Unnie," she peeked into Jessica's room through the slightly opened wooden door.

The blonde girl looked up from her book and found her little sister standing on the doorway, "What?"

The brown headed girl's eyes roamed around the latter's face, trying to find something to say. She was about arranged a line of sweet words when suddenly Amber's voice echoed on her head.

'The first thing which crossed your mind once your eyes landed on her face.'

"... You are so scary, Unnie," she spoke softly with un-match sparkles glistened on her eyes. "Your coldness makes me freeze.."

"WHAT THE HELL, KRYSTAL JUNG?!"

"I was just... Give you a compliment?"

An over-sized teddy bear which thrown over her head obviously the clear answer that she did something wrong with her 'compliment'.

 

The next morning, Krystal leaned her back against the wall while crossed her arms with gaze glued at the entrance gate, waiting for Choi Jinri who still had her long black hair. Amber sat on the bench not far from her, close enough to eavesdropping.

After straight three minutes of waiting, a familiar figure could be seen stepped into the hallway with a pink backpack hung on her shoulder. Wide smile was plastered on her face and Krystal lost on them in a second.

'Let's see..' she scanned the goddess before her eyes, 'First thing cross my mind is.. Oh my, i can't do this..'

She came closer.

'What to say?! Oh crap!!'

Ten steps remained and Krystal got sweaty as though she had ran around the field.

Five.

 

Three.

 

Two.

 

One.

 

Zero.

 

"Yah!!" Krystal opened right when the girl passed her.

Sulli stopped on her track and turned her face to see the caller, "Yes?"

'... First thing in my mind.. Her bag is nice. Her sneaker is cool. Her face is cute as usual. Her smile is beautiful as always. Which one?!'

"Hello?" she narrowed her eyebrows, got confused when saw the brown haired girl in front of her started daze out while staring at her face, "Can i help you?"

 

Then everything seemed like happened out from Krystal's control. Once opened up, she started blabbering things which opposite from what was actually in her mind.

"Yes," she never planned it, but they were slipped out from almost unconsciously. "... Can you change your sneakers? They're come from same factory with mine."

"Excuse me?" Sulli's smile faded away immediately, "There are a bunch of people here who using Converse too!! It's not like just you who have right for using them!"

"I don't care with them. I'm talking with you now!"

"You're sick!"

The black haired girl gritted her teeth before walked away, leaving Krystal behind.

 

Otherwise, The Jung knew that finally her angel noticed her existence, even though within very friendly way. She grinned widely while looked at Amber who still on her seat.

"Now she knew me!! Yeah!"

The tomboy just face-palmed and sighed heavily, "It'll not going to be easy.."

 

Since that day, Krystal would stood with same position in that hallway and waiting for her Jinri just to pick the latter on a stupid bickering about nothing.

That wasn't the way she wanted to be, but she admitted that she enjoyed this. She liked it when all of Jinri's attention just for her.

Just a little attention, too little to compared with what Krystal had given to her.

 

Oh, about the camera. Krystal realized that every night she always craving to see Jinri's face. Stalking the latter all day long in the school even until 'walking her home' everyday weren't enough. It was Amber again who came up with an idea.

"Maybe you should buy a digital camera.."

Krystal wrinkled her nose when heard what Amber said and answered, "I don't have that much money, Amber.."

"Hmm.." she rubbed her chin, "I think i can lend my digicam to you for a while.."

 

She realized it soon, that her oh so kind offer would just give her more headache since every three days Krystal would crawling to her room with puppy eyes and begging her to print the photos.

If she have a digital photo-printing business, Krystal would really give her an early bankruptcy considered to her amount of photos and she didn't want to pay.

 

Together with the camera, Krystal was always there, walking carefully behind Choi Jinri after taking safe distant about three meters or four or maybe five or whatever as long as the girl still on her sight. She was always there, guarding her every steps in silent. Trailed after her, make sure that no one could harm her smiling-angel from behind.

 

Krystal Jung, happy with the role as Choi Jinri's unnotice shadow, officially six months.

 

 

*Back to present time*

 

A certain girl with pink head could be seen hid behind a telephone-box while tightened her bright-yellow colored jacket, tried to protecting her body from the cold breeze of the rainy weather.

"It's cold.." she breathed out and clasped her hands together. Her hazel orbs glued at certain grocery shop's door not far from her spot, waiting for Jinri to show up. The latter was gone inside for ten minutes already, and Krystal knew that she must shop to fulfill her almost-empty refrigerator. Oh yes, Krystal knew about everything as long it has relation with her smiling angle, like; Jinri live by her own in the small apartment, she was shopping in that grocery shop every Monday, she loves wearing her blue jacket, sometimes she like to stopped by an ice cream parlor near their school and her favorite flavor was chocolate, and many more. Krystal Jung didn't stalking her for nothing for this past six months.

After waiting for another five minutes, finally Krystal saw Jinri marched happily from that place with two medium-sized plastic bags hung on her both hands and heading straight to her house direction.

"Finally.." she giggled softly while moved her legs to get out from behind the box, started following the latter again. Although they were separated almost ten meters away, Krystal could see Jinri's short brownish-orange hair was waving along with the smooth wind blow as she kept walking in normal speed. For a few times, she also could see that the girl's smile never leave her beautiful face.

'Stop smiling, Pabo Jinri..' Krystal pouted at the sight, 'You just make the whole people in this town fall for you.. And if they're fall for you, i hope they're not stalking you like i do because the telephone-boxes here are too small in Korea..'

After gave a light chuckle at her silly own thought, Krystal quickened her pace since Jinri had crossed the street's zebra cross and she didn't want to losing her track. But right when she want to step into the asphalt, she saw the slightly taller girl stopped in front of a closed shop and bent down to pick up something from the ground.

'... A kitten?' Krystal cocked her eyebrows, tried to get better vision of the thing which now placed securely on Jinri's palm. 'She'd better--'

Suddenly, thunder roared in the gray-cloudy sky above, followed by sprinkles and within a minute, it changed into a very heavy rain. The pink head cursed silently as her hand reached for an umbrella from her bag. She was about want to open those purple thing when she noticed that Jinri just stood under the shop's canopy and stared blankly at the pouring rain instead of get her own umbrella.

'What on earth- Wait, don't tell me she's forgetting her umbrella!!' Krystal's mind shrieked hysterically, 'I won't let her standing there for hours.. What should i do?'

 

 

Sulli pouted while hugged the tiny fury creature tighter. Her eyes pondered around, scanned the people who walking -almost running on the street in front of her. A heavy sigh escaped as she leaned her back at the shop's rolling door.

"i'm so stupid," she mumbled while caressed the little cat's soft paw, "How could i forget my umbrella, in this weather? Genius, Choi Jinri.."

She closed her eyes after let out another heavy sigh, "... I want to go home now.."

"Oh my~" suddenly, a familiar annoying voice could be heard from her left side and she immediately opened her eyes and turned to see the voice's owner, "Looks like you're trapped here."

"... Krystal Jung.." Sulli gritted her teeth angrily. Those girl had annoyed her this morning and wasn't that enough?

Krystal came closer with smirk on her face, "I know that look, so stop saying that you hate me, i knew it already."

"What do you want?" Sulli decided to ignore what she just said and asked coldly as her eyes kept glaring sharply at the latter's face.

"... Just.." Krystal pulled out an umbrella from her back, "Just want to know if this thing is yours."

Sulli blinked a few times and looked at the purple umbrella, "What? That's not mine."

"Oh, really?" the pink head seemed surprise, "Well i think this is yours, since it's so old-fashioned and suits you very well."

The short haired girl was tired like a hell and not in the mood for kept calm for facing Krystal's hurtful words this time. She clenched her fist and shouted, "Well i'm sorry if that was bothering you so much!! But i have nothing to do with you and--"

Suddenly, Krystal leaned the umbrella to the rolling door, next to Sulli's groceries bags which scattered on the floor. That movement made Sulli immediately shut and watched the latter's action carefully.

"... Cute kitten."

With that last strange comment, Krystal turned around and left the confused Sulli with the umbrella there.

"... What?" she blinked again before stared blankly at the now empty spot before her. Was her eyes having some problems or she really saw that usually annoying and arrogant Krystal Jung was smiling softly at her just now?

Then her gaze drifted to the poor umbrella.

 

 

Krystal was just stood behind the wall, perfectly soaked and cold. That was the only thing she could do for her angel even though she wanted to do more. She really wanted to give everything to the slightly older girl, not a worn-out old umbrella.

"Please," she breathed out while wiped her wet face with her almost frozen palm. Droplets of rain waters was pouring so badly and hurting her body, but she didn't care at all. "Please take the umbrella and go home.. You'll get sick if you stay outside in the middle of the cold like this.."

Even though her head started feel dizzy due to the coldness, Krystal stayed still in that position for next good five minutes until finally she saw a figure came out from under the canopy with a purple umbrella protecting her body from the rain which going heavier.

A small, grateful smile crept on her face as her gaze trailed after that girl, "Thanks, God.."

**

 

"Oh my god, Krys!!"

Jessica who opened the door was so surprised when saw her little sister came home with totally soaked-shivered body. She quickly ushered the girl to come inside and removed her yellow jacket before get a towel to drying Krystal's hair.

"Where's your umbrella?"

The youngest Jung just shook her dizzy head as her reply. Her vision was blurry and everything seemed vagued on her eyes.

"Krys?" Jessica worriedly touched her sister's forehead and found that it felt very hot, "You catch fever, Krystal! Come on, i'll help you to get rid of this wet clothes!!"

 

Later that night, the pink haired girl was just lying under her thick comforter while stared at the ceilings above her head. She was officially got sick and Jessica strictly forbid her from going to school tomorrow morning. Although she had reasoned the older girl that she'll have an exam, she just got a cold glare as her answer. Krystal had known Jessica long enough to understand the meant behind her sister's every glare, and those one meant that complains are not allowed.

"Hahh.." she exhaled loudly, "I really want to meet Jinri tomorrow.."

Thought about Jinri, suddenly she remembered about the bulky envelope which Amber gave her this morning. She crawled out from the bed and grabbed her backpack on the floor.

"Lucky that i've wrapped it with a plastic bag.." Krystal mumbled while d, searched for the envelope. Then, her hand found it placed securely on the bottom of the bag. She pulled it out and immediately ripped all of the wrappers, couldn't wait to see the contents. There, a bunch of photos fell down and scattered on her bed. All of those photos were just shown -or at least focused at one figure; Choi Jinri.

Krystal couldn't help but giggled at the sight of the photos she have and started examining them one by one, still with smile plastered on her pale face. Looked at them was simply make her forgot her dizzy head, replaced with just pure happiness.

"... You're cute with your new hair color.." her slender fingers caressed the soft surface of the photo paper, "Aish, just if i could say it properly to you.."

With a sigh, Krystal bent down and this time she pulled out a medium-sized carton box from beneath her bed. She took the box and placed it on her lap after opened it first. That was her treasure, where she saved all of Jinri's photos from the very first time until now, the one which Amber mentioned before. The Jung's eyes sparkled as she stared at them in amuse. Jinri when she was still in her long black hair, when she was eating, when she was at the gym. But most of all, they framed Jinri's wide smile, Krystal's favorite expression.

Her eyes kept wandering around the box, until she caught a photos that she hate the most. It was Jinri, with a boy named Taemin standing close to her. Actually, Krystal really wanted to throw it away, but she was just simply can't since Jinri's smile on those photo was so beautiful.

"Jinri.." she bit her lower lip. That was another reason why she couldn't just confess to her easily. Krystal knew that Taemin boy also like her Jinri and she didn't have much confident to compete against him. He's a boy after all, and maybe Jinri didn't think that... A girl who love another girl was normal.

Helplessly, Krystal threw her back against the bed's headboard and closed her eyes. It has always been better being an object of hatred instead of being an object of disgust.

 

The next morning, Sulli stood silently on the middle of hallway, stared blankly at the empty spot where the annoying Krystal supposed to be standing by. Where's that pink head? Sulli tightened her grip at the purple umbrella in her hand as her eyes kept glued to the empty space before her. What's wrong with her? Krystal wasn't there and she supposed to be happy because at least she would be having one day with peaceful morning, right? But why she felt this uneasy feeling in her heart?

"... Where's that Jung?" she murmured and threw her gaze around the hallway. Suddenly, she saw a sight of white-blonde tomboy walked to her direction with headphone plugged on her ears. The tomboy had her eyes closed and bobbed her head, obviously totally drowned on the music she listening to. Sulli noticed that she was Krystal's best friend, but why she was alone?

"Excuse me!!" without thinking, the short haired girl tapped her shoulder, tried to get the latter's attention.

Amber startled a little with the sudden action and she immediately threw her headphone until it circled around her neck.

"Excuse me," Sulli repeated after cleared groggily. What the hell is she doing?

"Yeah?" Amber grinned widely when realized the fact that her best friend's biggest crush was the one who have inisiative of talking to her.

"I was.." Sulli cleared throat again, "I was wondering.. Urm.."

The tomboy was waited patiently for Sulli's next word when suddenly her eyes landed upon a thing on the younger girls hand.

"Wait," she snatched it from Sulli. "This is Krystal's umbrella, right?"

Sulli's eyes twitched, "What? It's not hers.."

"This is hers," Amber nodded confidently and pointed at the stick. "See? This 'K' is her initial. She was always give name after her things.. Where did you get this?"

"... But.." the younger girl blinked a few times, "But she said.. She found it somewhere and..."

"... Found it.. Somewhere?"

The two girls stared blankly at each other as different sudden realization hit their mind hardly.

"We-well, maybe i'm wrong! Yes, i must be wrong!! Ahahahaha!!" Amber waved her hands frantically, almost looked like panic, "Yes, there are a bunch of people here who had K as their initial, right? So yeah i think i'd mistook it as Krystal's!"

The latter kept silent and bit her lower lip. At a glance she knew that Amber was a bad liar, and she was so thankful of that.

"Is that so?" she nodded and snatched the umbrella from Amber again, "By the way, where is that pink head?"

"Huh?"

The poor Amber was really lost. She was still in panic, thought that she had discovered her best friend feeling toward the girl before her. And her mind was totally messed up that time until she couldn't process Sulli's question.

"Pink.. Did you mean Krystal?"

Sulli shrugged casually, tried to ignoring the uncontrollable heartbeats on her chest, "Yeah, Krystal."

"Oh," the blonde sighed. "She's absent today. Her sister said that she's catch a very bad fever."

Sulli felt like her heart was about to jumped out from it place when heard Amber's explanation.

"Ohh.. And i was almost celebrate it since i thought she had lost her interest of make fun of me.." she chuckled before turned her body and headed toward her class, "Okay then, Amber-ssi.. Thanks, for the info."

 

That's make a sense. Sulli clutched the umbrella near to her chest as she kept walking. Krystal showed up from nowhere with an umbrella yesterday, right when she had forgotten hers. Although she said that she found it somewhere, Amber said that it was Krystal's. Heck, she knew that Amber was lying when she panicly waved her hands recently. And now, Krystal was sick. Too much coincidences.

"Was she stalking me?" Sulli questioned to no one in particular, "... If it's true.. For what?"

 

The next day, Krystal wasn't in the mood to have a bickering with her smiling angel since her head was still dizzy. Thus, when they were accidentally crossed path in the hallway, she just glanced at the latter with her tired eyes and kept walking toward her classroom. Not even bothered to give any comment about Sulli's hair, Sulli's shirt, or everything. Krystal would have P.E class later and didn't think that she had much energy left to walk the latter home if she must spent most of them for bickering now.

 

The Choi was freeze on her spot as her gaze trailed after The Jung who simply passed her without any single word. What's wrong? Again, she should be happy for another morning without any shout and scream, right? But why the heavy feeling sneaked into her heart again?

"... Krystal.." she whispered silently while drifted her eyes to the floor, "It's weird but.. Why does it feel empty when you're not standing here and insult me?"

Yesterday, she was lost. Something was wrong and she knew it; she felt uncomplete, a part of her wasn't there. When the lunch time came and she walked toward cafetaria, why on earth she felt like her space became wider? As active girl she was, she always wandered everywhere whenever the break time was coming; music room, her friend’s classes, toilet, every place where her legs lead her to. But she was strangely felt lonely. Her friends were around, but why she felt that way? Something -or maybe someone was missing and she couldn't figure who was that. Then the strange feeling still followed her when she was walking down the street to going back to her apartment. She was often turned her face to her back, thought that she was losing something. What was that? Just an ordinary weird feeling when there was something which used to be there and now that thing is gone. Sulli confused, there was something supposed to be on her back, but again, she didn't even know what that wa.

And this morning when she saw the pink head, honestly her heart started to rose up. But the girl just passed by and make it dropped again.

"This is really really crazy!!" Sulli pulled her hair frustratedly, "I'm not missing her, am i?!"

Because if it is, she believe that she's going crazy.

 

* 10.25 a.m

 

P.E class had ended fifteen minutes ago and Krystal was already in changing room when she noticed that she had losing her precious thing. The Panic Jung lately realized that her training pants pocket felt empty, something which supposed to be there must be fell somewhere. She had sticking her hands into the both pockets plenty times but still she couldn't find it. With horror written all over her pale face, Krystal quickly undressed from her P.E shirt into her school uniform before ran out from the room to search for Amber.

Within a minute, she found the tomboy was standing outside while leaned her back against the wall with crossed arms, obviously waiting for Krystal to come out.

"Amber!!" Krystal approached the older girl and started shouting uncontrollable, "It's gone, Amber!! I couldn't find it in my pocket and it must be fell somewhere!! Oh my, what to do now?! I'm so stupid, how could i didn't notice that it was gone earlier?! Now what should i--"

The blonde wrinkled her nose since she didn't understand even a word of Krystal's panic gibberish. She immediately shut the latter's mouth with her palm and narrowed her eyebrows, "Speak slowly, Jung Soojung," she demanded as her hand slowly leaving Krystal's face. "I don't understand even a word!!"

The pink haired girl nodded and inhaled deeply, "... It's.. It's gone.."

"What is that?"

"... The camera."

Then a long pause filled the air. Amber just stared at the younger girl with jaw slightly hung open when Krystal bit her lower lip and looked like wanted to burst out in tears soon.

"But- But that's my camera!!"

Thus, Amber's sudden exclamation made Krystal really burst out, but not in tears.

"THAT'S NOT THE MAIN PROBLEM, STUPID BLONDE!!" she grabbed the latter's collar and shook her body violently with full power, "THE PROBLEM IS, THE PICTURES!! CAN YOU REMEMBER ABOUT THEM?! THAT'S THE REAL PROBLEM!!"

"W-well," Amber released herself from the mad pink head before her. "Million of Jinri's photos are there.."

Krystal flopped her on the wooden bench helplessly, "... What if someone find it?"

The tomboy suddenly pulled Krystal's hand gently, "Let's go."

"Huh?"

"Who are you?" she made a mocking face, "My very best friend Krystal Jung is the most determine person in the world! So if you are Krystal Jung so get up and let's searching for those ing camera!!"

Heard how Amber's convinced her, finally she gave up and her face creased into small smile as she got up from the bench, "Let's go!!"

 

* 10.40 a.m / at another place

 

Two girls could be seen strolled along the hallway while carried various thick books in their hands.

"Tell me again," the one with caramel colored hair groaned while stomped her feet furiously. "Why teachers ALWAYS demanding us to send back their book to the library?"

The other one with brownish-orange colored hair -Sulli- just chuckled at her best friend's complain.

"Well, actually this is our honor, Jiyoung-ah.."

"What honor?!" she snorted, "This is heavy!!"

Sulli chuckled even more, "True. Like our soldiers, die in the middle of the war is their honor. And obviously their duty to protect the country is heavy though.."

Jiyoung let out a sinister smile as she quickened her pace, "Yeah, and if we die in the middle of this long journey to go to the library, we will be the honored soldiers of this school."

Then their soft laughter filled the air. The two continued walking side by side to the library which placed right the gym. Thus, they were decided to get the shorter way by crossed the indoor field arena.

"Hey," Jiyoung suddenly stopped on her track and stared at the floor. "What is that?"

Sulli squinted her eyes and also followed her friend's gaze below there, "Seems like a camera.."

The slightly younger girl bent down and took the tiny camera so the two of them could see it clearer.

"It must be cost much fortune, this is have very big memory capacity.." she stated after examined it, "What to do now, Ssul?"

The latter hesitantly reached for the camera, "We must give this back to the owner, of course.."

Excited, Jiyoung quickly put the books on the floor before snatched the little thing back from Sulli's hand.

"Then we must see the picture inside it!!" she exclaimed eagerly while pushed the on button.

"Hey, don't! That's privacy!!"

Sulli was about to get back the camera when suddenly the screen shined brightly, notified that it was already on.

"Too late~" the childish caramel haired girl sticked out her tongue, "Now let's see who's the owner of this..."

Her voice trailed off after she set the camera to show the saved pictures. She gulped and drifted her gaze toward her best friend who sat in front of her with obvious disagreement written clearly on her face.

"What? It's a picture?"

She gulped again, "... Worse. It's.. You.."

Sulli's expression went blank for a moment before she slowly reached for the camera. Her eyes widened when she saw herself, smiling widely in that picture. It was obvious that the photo was taken when she didn't notice.

"It can't be.." she shook her head in unbelievable. She didn't care about privacy again and went to the next slide. It was her again. Same with the next, next, next, and the ten next after. There were more than five hundred pictures on it and she couldn't even think that it was just contented with just her face.

"Whoa.." Jiyoung looked stunned, "The owner must be really really like you, Ssul.."

Sulli just could nod her head as her trembled finger slowly turned the little gadget off.

"... Who?"

"Maybe Taemin-oppa!!" suddenly the younger girl came out with an idea, "Reconsidered that he likes you so much, it might be him!"

"Taemin.." she mumbled. That was make a sense. But.. What with this unsatisfied feeling in her chest? Yes the boy is cute and all, but she didn't like him in that way. Just if the owner of the camera was someone else...

"Ssul?"

"Y-yeah," she nodded. "It might be him. Maybe.. I will give this back to him later.."

 

 

Krystal stared blankly at the two girls who headed straight to the exit door in silent. She clenched her fist until it turned pale and her lower lip started bleeding since she had bit it so hard from minutes ago.

"Krys.." Amber caressed her best friend's shoulder with full concern, knowing the huge storm in the latter's chest just now, "It's okay.."

"It's not okay.." she shook her head, tried so hard to holding back the tears which already gathered on her eyes, "It's not okay.."

"Listen, Buddy--"

"IT'S NOT GOING TO BE OKAY!!" Krystal turned her body and punched the wall hard as finally she let droplet of tears rolled down on her cheeks, "It's over, Amber.. It's over.. They thought that was Taemin's and i'm here just help him to get my angel!! HE'S SO LUCKY BRAT!!"

The youngest Jung was about punch the wall again when suddenly Amber grabbed her hand and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"Relax, Krys.. Don't hurting yourself.." she rubbed Krystal's back gently, let the latter cried her heart out in her shoulder, "You didn't really thought that all of your effort all of this hella time are useless, right?"

"... I.. Did."

"You stupid," the tomboy chuckled softly. "Believe me, there's nothing gonna be totally useless.."

 

*

 

Jiyoung had forced her to give the camera back right away after they found it, but she was just simply couldn't believe that it was Taemin's. Thus, she just sat alone there that noon, under the tree in the backyard of their school building. Her friends were having their lunch and she decided to skip that since the camera really took almost all of her attention until she didn't think that she was in the mood for eating some food.

Sulli stared at the small gadged back and forth, up and down, left and right, observing every corner of it.

"Maybe.." she uttered, "It won't be hurt if i check the photos one more time. Maybe the owner have some interest with another object besides me.."

The Choi turned those tiny little square on and started pushing the right joy pad which lead her to the older pictures. Then her view was greeted with something unbelievable. That was showing her on her way home, bluntly explained that there was someone DID stalking her. Gasped, she went to next slide. It was her again. And still her until to the next fifty pictures.

"What?" she shook her head, "Whoever the person was.. Seems like have nothing to do except follow me everywhere.."

Her thumb was tired, but she was so determined to get to know who her secret admirer was. Then finally after 200 photos passed, she saw the screen displayed different scene. No, it was still her, but with another 'guest' there. It was her, smiling widely with Taemin standing close to her. That was clear now. If that was him who took all of these photos, then couldn't be his figure also captured here.

"... It's not belongs to Taemin.." she bit her lower lip nervously, "Then.. Who?"

Sulli was skipping almost twenty photos when suddenly her eyes caught a glimpse of another creature being the focus of the photographer. She quickly pushed the left button and her eyes greeted with a cute little kitten sleeping on the street. In the corner of the screen she could see a sight of purple umbrella leaned on something.

"A cat?"

She rolled to the next photo and found another cute cat being captured.

"That person must be liking cat so much.."

Thus, sudden realization hit her hard.

"Purple umbrella and.. Cute kitten?"

She thought that she knew who the person was. Pushed by her acknowledge of this person, she immediately flipped the camera and examining the bottom side of the gadget carefully. There, she found what she was looking for; a K initial written on it by a grey shadowed marker, couldn't be seen easily since the camera color was grey itself.

Her heart throbbed with unreasonable speed as this weird-happy feeling sneaked into her chest.

"Krystal Jung.." she smiled softly, "What's actually in your mind, rude girl?"

It's time for spill the beans.

 

---------

 

That evening, rain was pouring again when Krystal in the middle of her way home. The young Jung noticed that droplets of waters are started soaking her dizzy head, but she didn't care. She kept walking slowly with gaze glued to the ground, stared at nothing. Amber had offered her a ride but she politely rejected it since she knew that she need some times for thinking, or maybe she was just simply wanted to be alone for a while. The mature tomboy understood and left her best friend to have her mind for herself. And then, here she was, in the middle of the street, under the pouring rain.

"It's over.." she murmured, "Finally it's over.. My chance is gone and it's about the time for stopping all of this drama, forever.."

Krystal dragged her heavy body to the nearby park and flopped her on the wet wooden bench. Rain was going heavier and once again, she didn't care. Her jacket and clothes were already perfectly soaked, make her skin looked paler because of the coldness. She leaned her back and threw her head for facing the cloudy sky, savored the pain from the waters which hitting her face hardly.

"Amber was right.." she closed her eyes, "I should stop all of this from the very first time.."

"Stop what?"

An angelic familiar voice suddenly echoed from above and Krystal's eyes immediately shot opened. Her pair of hazel orbs was greeted with a wide-opened purple umbrella and a girl with orange hair.

"Ji-Jinri?" she quickly sat up straight as the latter approached her and placed the umbrella above both of them.

"Krystal," the slightly older girl smiled sadly. "What are you doing here?"

"None of your business, Missy," Krystal answered harshly while looked away. "Leave me alone. Your boyfriend must be waiting for you, right?"

Sulli chuckled a little after heard what Krystal said. She closed the umbrella, let herself getting drenched by the rain water as well as the pink head.

"What are you doing?!" Krystal unconsciously jolted up and snatched the umbrella from Sulli's hand, "You shouldn't get yourself under the downpour like this!!"

"Oh?" Sulli let out a soft giggle, "What with the sudden concern?"

Krystal frozen when she realized what was she doing. In return, she shoved the umbrella to the latter and walked away furiously.

"Krystal!!"

"Leave me alone!!" she shouted while quickened her pace, "I'm not in the mood for bickering with you!!"

Sulli sighed deeply before put all of her power to chased after the stubborn girl who almost lost from her sight. Within a minute, she could catch up with Krystal and she quickly grabbed the latter's arm harshly.

"YAH!!" Krystal yanked Sulli's hand away, "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!"

They both had their body drenched and cold, but no one seemed want to give any single care about that.

"I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOUR THINGS BACK!!" Sulli shouted back while threw the umbrella to Krystal's feet. She wiped the waters from her face with her palm before slowly reached for the slightly shorter girl's arm again.

Krystal stunned and gazed toward the purple thing which covered with mud now, "... My... Things?"

"I knew everything, Krystal Jung.." she stated with her crack voice, "So stop pretending!"

"What are you talking about?!"

Sulli stepped closer, "Those camera. And the umbrella! They are yours, right?!"

Krystal hit the wall. She gulped as her eyes slowly drifted to the muddy ground.

"I don't understand--"

"QUIT LYING, JUNG!!" she slapped the latter's cold cheek once, "Now tell me the truth!!"

"What truth do you want to know?!" finally, Krystal understood that she must spill the beans now toward this smiling angel. She sighed heavily before continued, "You've seen the photos, right? Then why on earth you still asking me to tell you about the damn truth?!"

Sulli's expression was indescribable as she spoke softly, "I don't understand."

"Which part you don't understand?! Aren't they obviously clear?! I've always stalking you everywhere! I'm taking picture of you plenty times already and you never notice, are you not satisfied with me?!" she helplessly blabbered everything, "I've always picked you up for nonsense fighting just because i wanted talk to you! I really really wanted to be with you, but this ing mouth just could spit various rude words to you! You still don't understand?! THIS RUDE AND ANNOYING KRYSTAL JUNG IS FALLING FOR YOU!! ARE WE CLEAR NOW, STUPID CHOI?!"

Sulli's face still remained the same with before, indescribable.

"... Since when?"

Krystal looked around the empty park as she answered silently, "... I don't know.. Six months ago.. I just found myself couldn't stop staring at you. Then together with the wind blows, you started being the focus of my eyes, Jinri-yah.."

The orange haired one left stunned. Six months.. Six months wasn't a short periode of time and Krystal kept doing that for every single day. Something which never could be done if her feeling for her wasn't really deep.

"I'm disgusting, i knew that.." The Jung whispered, "No need to spat at my face.. Just.. Leave me alone.."

At first she thought that Sulli would leave her immediately, but instead she felt a pair of cold hand cupped her cheeks.

"... You never leave me alone.. Why should i leave you now?" Sulli beamed her eye-smile and caressed Krystal's wet face gently.

"What- What are you doing?" she stuttered, surprised much with the latter's sudden affection.

"Now i'm understands. That's why i felt this empty feeling when you're not around.. You are already being the part of my daily life, Jung.."

"What do you mean?"

Sulli smiled again, "I can't say that i love you, Krystal. But.. I needs your presence to complete me.."

"... Jinri.."

"You love me, right?" she giggled with her hand never leave Krystal's face.

"Y-yes.. I- I've always do.."

"Then.. What if we try this out? Let's see if you can make me fall for you.."

Krystal's eyes widened, totally couldn’t believe her own ears.

"But- Taemin-"

"Who cares with Taemin, i'm talking to you now, Jung!" she chuckled after mimicked Krystal's sentences two days ago.

After let out a small smile finally Krystal voiced out, "Do you think it will working?"

Giggled, Sulli leaned closer and planted a light kiss on Krystal's nose, "Yes it will, if you promise that you will stop insult me about everything nonsense."

Krystal's cheek tinted with bright pink as she looked away shyly, "Urm.. Okay then.."

"Oh, you're blushing!" Sulli gasped and stared at Krystal face, "I don't know that you are so cute, Jung.."

The latter's face reddened even more after heard what Sulli said. She chewed her lower lip nervously and looked for another topic to talking about. Fortunately, the rain was stop pouring and Krystal released herself from Sulli's gentle grip.

"Oh, rain is finally stop.." she stated groggily, "L-let's go home.."

"Krystal?" the orange head suddenly called her softly, "I want to tell you something."

"Hm?"

"Actually.. Pink is my favourite colour."

 

 

* One week later

 

They were stared at the newly made couple who entered the gate while holding hand with evidently jealous eyes. Their dramatic tale was already spread out in the whole school and everyone seemed very touched by that. Oh yes, the pink headed girl's faithfulness and patient of stalking the love of her life for half a year were being headline of their gossips recently. No one thought that was actually really creepy.

Then, the stares became more intense when the two girls seemed like they were couldn't remember again that earth still have around six billion people who living in there. Krystal and Sulli were grinned at each other, stared deeply at each other, and maybe the thought that they had reserved the whole school for the whole day. Everyone who stood and watched them was just unworthy statues.

"Okaaay," Amber's mocking voice snapped the two from their day dreaming. "I see something new here. Let's spill the beans~ Are you two dating now?"

The orange haired girl giggled shyly as she tightened her lock with Krystal's hand, "Yes, Jjung asked me out yesterday.."

"Woah.." the tomboy looked at Krystal with amused as she  pulled her into a 'brotherly' hug, "I'm so truly happy for you, Krys!! And i'm so happy for me, HAHAHA!!"

"Huh?" Sulli seemed confused, "What do you mean?"

Amber pushed the poor Krystal away and she dragged the confuse girl to walk with her, "Let me tell you her secrets," she winked.

"YAH!! DON'T YOU DARE, AMBER!!" Krystal's panic voice echoed in the whole hallway, but Amber didn't care.

The latter kept talking, "You know, Jinri-ssi? There's a bunch of your photos under her bed! She said that they were her treasure, you must looki for them someday if you get a chance to come inside her room!"

"My photos? Did she print them?"

"I did print them," she chuckled and took a glance toward Krystal who just could glaring daggers at her direction. "Your lover over there is so poor and she was always crawled to my room whenever she needed new pictures of you, HAHA!! Even she didn't have camera!! Mwahahaha!!"

"STOP TALKING, AMBER!!"

No one cared with Krystal being over there.

"But.." Sulli cocked her eyebrows, "That was her camera, right?"

"Ah? No, that was my brother camera, Kris."

"Ohh.." small intrigued smile crept on Sulli's face as she somehow could understand something.

"But still," Amber winked again. "She loves you so much, Jinri-ssi. Take care of her, yeah?"

She beamed her eye-smile to the older girl, "Sure. I knew that."

"Then excuse me before Krystal's glare burn a hole in my back! See you later, lovebirds!!"

With that, Amber ran away to somewhere, save her very soul from Krystal's anger. Sulli let out a small chuckle before turned her body and walked back to the slightly younger girl who had puffed cheek and depressed expression.

"Do you want to mock me now?" Krystal pouted even more, "Go ahead then let's forget about it."

"I don't want to do that, Silly Jjung.." she pinched Krystal's cheek gently, "I think.. I'm really lucky to be loved by a tough person like you."

"R-really?"

"Uh-huh. I love you, Jjung.."

"We-well," as usual, Krystal's face turned into damn red and she walked away. "Let's go, class will start in any minutes.."

Sulli let out her nth chuckle of that morning as she stared at the sight of Krystal's back with loving gaze.

 

My rude yet shy girlfriend. Our story is really going to be very interesting…

 

"Hey!" she chased after the pink head, "You're forgetting something, Missy."

"What is that?"

"Your girlfriend."

With a small giggle, Krystal reached for Sulli's hand and held it securely, "She's with me now."

 

We are meant to be.

 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Like it had mentioned before, the two lovebirds were forgotten the fact that they were still on earth where a bunch of people were still breathing around them. Various kinds of eyes -mostly jealous- were following their steps to the class, and they still didn't notice that.

"Guys," a boy who seemed hopeless with his love life stated when the new couple already gone from their sight. "If it'll be turn as happy as them.." he sighed deeply before continued, "Let's start stalking our crushes."

 

 

 

 

- - - - -

 

So yeah! xD

JungLi long-shot from me :3

 

I've planning of working on LunToria for the next chapter and Hwayoung x Jiyeon after that. But if you guys have another couple which you thought will be fit with stalking thingy, just tell me and i'll write about them! xD

 

Leave some comments, okay? :3

 

A/N : The "turn back the pendulum" sentences credit to Tite Kubo, the mangaka of Bleach. If you like bleach too, i know that you knew xD