= Voicebox =

First Love Never Fades ( ONE SHOT )
" Yah! Krystal! Come back here!!! "
 
 
" You can't catch me!!! HAHAHAHA! "
 
 
 
 
 
 
15 year old Jessica and 9 year old Krystal was at the park chasing after each other.. It was a bright sunny day. No wonder there's so many kids who came out to play by the playground..
 
 
 
Jessica got tired after several minutes and sat down under a tree to cool down a bit..
 
 
 
 
" Wow. It's so hot~~ " Jessica fans herself with her hands.. Then Krystal runs to her Unnie..
 
 
" Awww. C'mon Unnie~~~ One more round pweaaassseeee???? " Krystal putting on a lot of aegyo while tugging Jessica's shirt..
 
 
" Sit for awhile Krys~~ I'm soooo tiiireeedddd~~~ " Jessica whined lazily..
 
 
 
" Hey kid! I'll play with you! " a tall teen showed up..
 
 
 
" YAAAAAAAAAAYYY!! I'll be back Unnie~~ WEEEEEEEEE!!!~~~ " Krystal waved happily at her tired sister as she runs to her new friend..
 
 
 
That girl is really nice~ :)
 
 
 
Jessica was smiling from afar watching her younger sister having fun.. And her playmate was showing nice smiles too..
 
 
 
= AFTER AN HOUR =
 
 
 
Krystal grew tired and is now sleeping at Jessica's lap.. Her tall playmate joined the two under the tree while drinking water after a tiring play of hide and seek..
 
 
 
" I've never seen Krystal this happy before.. Gamsahamnida~ - - - Uhmm. "
 
 
" Choi Sooyoung~ Yeah.. I love playing with kids~ " Sooyoung smiled as she offered a hand.. Jessica shook it feeling kinda shy..
 
 
" Jessica Jung.. Nice to meet you~ " Jessica smiled as she adjusted her specs.
 
 
" Nice meeting you too~~ I like your name by the way " Sooyoung pulled a thumb up..
 
 
" T-Thanks ( checks her watch ) O-Omo~ We have to go now Sooyoung.. I guess I'll see you around then~ " Jessica was about to wake Krystal when Sooyoung stopped the elder's hand..
 
 
" A-Andwae~ Don't wake her sleep~~ I'll carry her instead " Sooyoung insisted..
 
 
" A-Ani~~ Kwenchanna~~ Besides, our house is just 5 blocks away from here.. It's totally fine.. " 
 
 
" I can carry her I swear! Look! I have muscles!!! " Sooyoung mimicked a buff man flexing her small biceps and puffing her cheeks in the process..
 
 
 
 
Aigooo~~~ Kyeopta~~ >w<"""  Jessica blushed a little..
 
 
 
" A-Alright then~ Stop it. Your cheeks will turn blue any minute if you keep that up " Jessica pointed. It made Sooyoung burst into laughter puffing out the air she held.. They laughed at each other..
 
 
 
 
" Sooo.. Do you live nearby? " Jessica asked as they were walking home..
 
 
" Yeah~ Mine is only 2 blocks down the other side of the park.. I haven't gotten around here before~ Hehe. " Sooyoung chuckled..
 
 
 
 
= REACHING THE JUNG RESIDENCE =
 
 
 
 
 
* DING! * DONG! * the maid answered the door..
 
 
" Ms. Lee can you please carry Krystal for me? " the maid bowed and picked Krystal still sleeping soundly on Sooyoung's back..
 
 
" Phew! ( arches her back ) Whatta workout! ( chuckles ) Well. I'll get going now~ " Sooyoung waved goodbye..
 
 
" W-Wait! "
 
 
" Dae? " Sooyoung turned around..
 
 
" I was kinda wondering - - - I-If you're free again t-tomorrow~ You know - - Krystal m-might look for y-you~ " Jessica stuttering..
 
" Ah~~ Arasso! Same time? " Sooyoung smiled
 
" Y-Yeah.. " Jessica smiles back..
 
" Play date it is then! See ya!~~ " Sooyoung waved again and goes home..
 
 
 
Jessica stood still as she watches the tall, slim being walk away..
 
 
 
Too bad it had to be soon.. * THUMP * THUMP * THUMP * Omo.. What was that? >w<"" Aish. Okay.. Calm down Jessica..
 
 
 
The blonde inhaled deeply and exhales smoothly and goes inside the house with a satisfied smile..
 
 
 
= TOMORROW AFTERNOON =
 
 
 
" Sooyoung Unnie!!! " Krystal ran to Sooyoung with open arms..
 
 
" Hey kiddo~ How's your morning? " she ruffled the kid's hair.. Then she looked at Jessica waving hello.. Jessica waved back..
 
 
She's really something~ :3
 
 
" I was bored. HAHA. Good thing it's playtime! Let's play tag Unnie~~!!! " Krystal tugging Sooyoung..
 
" Arasso arasso~ " Sooyoung smiled
 
 
 
" KAI - BAI - BO! " Krystal was rock and Sooyoung was paper..
 
 
 
" TAG! YOU'RE IT! HAHAHAHAHA!!! " Krystal ran off like crazy..
 
" Y-YAH! I WASN'T EVEN READY YET!!! " Sooyoung laughed as she chased after the crazy kid..
 
 
 
Hahaha. Silly~ I hope she'll like the sandwiches I made :3  Jessica was setting up a small picnic under the same tree they were at yesterday..
 
 
 
= MINUTES LATER =
 
 
 
The three of them sat down on the soft grass..
 
 
" Wow Unnie~ You never packed sandwiches when we play.. EVUR~ " Krystal mocked..
 
 
" Aish. Just eat yours okay? " Jessica hands her sister her piece while Krystal was smirking..
 
 
" Mmmmmmmm~~~ It's a - - - ( munch ) Tuna? - - " Sooyoung analyzing her tastebuds.. " And mayonnaise? Kekeke~ It's delicious! " she praised..
 
 
 
OMO~~ SHE LIKES IT!!! SHE SAID SHE LIKES IT!!! >W<""""  Jessica spaced out staring at Sooyoung..
 
 
" It's her hobby~ She's always like that so don't be surprised how weird Unnie can get " Krystal laughed
 
 
 
" Jessica-sshi " Sooyoung called staring back at the older..
 
 
" D-Da-e? " Jessica snaps back to her senses..
 
 
" Your glasses are fogging up~ Here.. Let me help~ " Sooyoung puts down her sandwich and leaned over Jessica to get her glasses.. She wipes it with her handkerchief..
 
 
" You know.. You look better without these.. " Sooyoung wears the glasses and smiled at Jessica.. She finds it cute..
 
 
 
Aigooo~~ What's wrong with me?? >w<""""
 
 
 
=   =   =   =   =
 
 
 
" Unnie~ I'm going out a bit.. See you~ " Krystal walked by Jessica..
 
 
" Where to? " Jessica asked..
 
 
" To the mall with Amber.. The silence is so loud here.. Hehe.. " Jessica just nodded returning her attention back to her old camera..
 
The blonde was scanning through some pictures.. Smiling to herself..
 
 
 
These are pretty good shots.. :)
 
 
 
" Omo~ I'll be late! " Jessica runs to her room to collect her things.. Along with her camera to photography class..
 
 
 
= PHOTOGRAPHY 101 =
 
 
 
" Good morning Ms. Jessica~ " everyone greeted..
 
 
" Morning~ " Jessica smiled as she puts down her bag on the table..
 
 
 
 
" Oh!!! Seonsang-nim!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! " one student stood up and raised both arms
 
 
 
Everyone looked at him weirdly.. Until his seatmate pulls him down to her seat..
 
 
 
 
" Sungjae. You pabo. It's tomorrow.. " earning a smack in the head by Taeyeon..
 
 
 
 
Everybody laughed at Sungjae's embarrassment leaving the boy scratching his neck..
 
 
" M-Mianhe Seonsang-nim~ " Sungjae said smiling..
 
 
 
 
" Hehehe~ Kwenchanna~ Actually I'm touched.. Thanks.. " Jessica smiles at her student..
 
 
" So what are your plans Seonsang-nim? " Seohyun raised a hand..
 
 
" Hmmm.. I don't know.. I guess I'll celebrate it with my sister.. " Jessica adjusts her glasses..
 
 
" Aren't we invited Ms. Jessica?? Hehehe " Hyoyeon added
 
 
" It'll be just a small dinner I guess~ I don't have that much money.. Hehehe "
 
 
 
 
Another empty year.. ( sighs ) :((((
 
 
 
 
=   =   =   =   =
 
 
 
 
" Happy  Sweet 16 Jessica!!! " Sooyoung greeted.. They were at the park.. Sooyoung wanted to see Jessica early today .. ( 9am )
 
" Thank you Sooyoung~ " Jessica faked a smile..
 
 
" Oh~ Anything wrong? Where's Krys? " Sooyoung sat beside her friend..
 
 
" Krys is still sleeping.. - - I-It's nothing serious.. Don't mind me.. " Jessica hugged her knees..
 
" Aw c'mon. You can't lie to me like that~ We can't have a sad birthday girl now can we? " Sooyoung trying to cheer up Jessica..
 
" I-It's just that my parents are never home.. They attend every matter at work but on my birthday - - They're always away.. Krystal gets a different treatment and I admit that I'm kinda jealous.. ( sighs ) Either way.. I got used to it.. " Jessica frowned..
 
 
Sooyoung stood up..
 
 
 
" Kaja~ " Sooyoung extended a hand.. Jessica just looked up sadly at her..
 
 
" Jebal? Promise~ I'll do everything to make this day special.. " Sooyoung smiled warmly.. Jessica had a small tear in her eye.. She took her friend's hand and stood up..
 
 
" Right on! Hahaha! Come with me~ I'll show you something cool~~ " the youngerpulled Jessica to running.. To her it was all slow.. Looking at their hands interlocked.. Seeing Sooyoung smile wide with excitement..
 
 
* THUMP * THUMP * THUMP * So this is what it feels like to admire someone.. I blush.. I always miss her.. I always think about her.. And here I am in-denial of my feelings.. It really does strike - - No person in particular - - It just happens.. * THUMP * THUMP * THUMP *
 
 
 
" Tadaaaa~~~ " Sooyoung spread her arms under her own treehouse..
 
 
" Wow! Is this yours Sooyoung?? I wish I had one too~~ " Jessica was astounded..
 
 
" Come on up~ I'll show you something~ " Sooyoung lead Jessica and climbed up..
 
 
 
Sooyoung's treehouse was filled with polaroid pictures.. Random ones on her wall.. A small table and a couple of blankets.. Sooyoung placed pillows and let Jessica sit down..
 
 
 
" This treehouse is so cool Sooyoung~~ You take great pictures too! " Jessica waslooking around her checking out all the pictures Sooyoung took..
 
 
" You might hurt your neck~ Hehehe Yeah.. I like em too.. Actually, I wanted to be a photographer one day " Sooyoung sat beside Jessica..
 
 
" Wanted? Wae? Did you change your mind? " 
 
 
" I guess so.. I'm thinking of being an eye-doctor.. "
 
 
" Oh~ B-But why give up all this? "
 
 
" Well.. Mom has this thing in her eyes.. It's so frustrating that mom can't even see me nor Unnie or Appa.. And so I thought of being a doctor to help her out one day.. " Sooyoung in a sad tone and lowered her head..
 
 
 
 
" Kwenchanna~ That's so sweet of you Sooyoung.. " Jessica puts an arm on Sooyoung's shoulder in comfort..
 
 
" Well. I hope It'll all go right.. - - - OH! I ALMOST FORGOT! " Sooyoung excused herself and stood up.. She reached for something on top of a shelf in her treehouse..
 
 
" Jessica~ I want you to have this.. I don't have much but - - Here.. Hehe. Happy birthday bestfriend.. " Sooyoung handing Jessica her own camera..
 
 
" O-OMO~ You didn't h-have to Sooyoung~ This is your hobby~~ I-I can't take this.. " 
 
 
 
Sooyoung reaches for Jessica's hand and puts her precious camera on her soft palm..
 
 
 
 
" K-Keep this instead.. If I can't be a photographer in the future.. I want you to take care of my prized possession.. It made me happy taking all these photos around us.. I want it to have an effect on you too~ " Sooyoung smiled..
 
 
" G-Gomawo.. I-I can't thank you enough Sooyoung.. " Jessica pulled the younger to a tight hug tearing up..
 
 
 
" Shhh~ Don't cry~ I don't like seeing your eyes swollen.. " Sooyoung rubs Jessica's back..
 
 
 
 
=   =   =   =   =
 
 
 
 
" Unnie~ "
 
 
 
" Hmm? "
 
 
 
" Do you miss Sooyoung Unnie? " 
 
 
 
Jessica and Krystal were at the park.. Since Jessica works at Krystal's university, they go to the park every afternoon before heading home..
 
 
 
" You can say that.. "
 
 
 
" Nado.. " 
 
 
 
" Hmmmm.. Just stay here.. I'll take some shots over there then we can go.. " Jessica patted Krystal's lap pulling up a small smile.. The younger just nodded..
 
 
Jessica went to the patch of flowers nearby.. She was about to take a picture when one of the kids accidentally bumped her while running..
 
 
" Omo~~ My camera!!! " Landing on her knees she caught the camera on time..
 
 
 
 
Phew! Good thing the camera is safe~~ Aish. These kids.
 
 
 
 
 
Then a hand appeared by her right peripheral view.. She turned to look at the person and to her surprise..
 
 
 
 
 
* THUMP * THUMP * THUMP * THUMP *
 
 
 
" S-Sooyoung??? " the tall being just nodded.. Jessica took her hand..
 
 
 
She stood up with a blurred vision.. Realizing that she lost her glasses..Then Sooyoung reveals the specs she found on the ground and puts them on Jessica to make her see better..
 
 
 
" It- - It really is y-you~ " Jessica hugs the person in front of her like there's no tomorrow.. Sooyoung returns the hug warmly closing her eyes..
 
 
 
 
=   =   =   =   =
 
 
 
 
" Unnie~~ Is Sooyoung Unnie coming today?? " Krystal playing with her dolls..
 
 
" Molla.. She didn't say anything.. " Jessica in a sad tone..
 
 
" Oh~ I'll be up in my room then.. Bye Unnie~~ " Krystal skipped going upstairs..
 
 
 
Hmmm.. Maybe I should visit her.. :(((
 
 
 
Jessica went out to Sooyoung's house..
 
 
 
 
" Hi Soojin Unnie~ Is Sooyoung home? " Jessica greeted..
 
" Oh~ Hi Jessica.. - - W-Well.. She's up in her treehouse all night.. G-Go on ahead.. "
 
" Thanks Unnie~ " Jessica bowed
 
 
 
 
" Sooyoung! Sooyoung it's me Jessica!! " Jessica shouted but there was no answer..
 
 
 
She decided to climb up getting really worried..Sooyoung was in the corner with a blanket..
 
 
 
 
" W-What happened? I was worried about you~ " Jessica went to her friend..
 
 
" M-Mom just p-passed ( sobs ) And Appa is so depressed h-he won't s-stop drinking.. I-I dunno w-what to do n-now ( sobs ) " Sooyoung barely said slowly laying her head on Jessica's lap..
 
 
" I-I'm just here Sooyoung.. I won't leave you~ " Jessica said while wiping the younger's tears..
 
 
 
Several moments later Sooyoung finally stopped crying.. Jessica was still there  the younger's long hair..
 
 
 
 
 
" Unnie~ Can I ask you something? "
 
 
" Hmmm? "
 
 
" Have you ever liked someone?? " Sooyoung looked up to Jessica..
 
 
" W-Well.. I.. Y-Yes.. " Jessica blushed..
 
 
" Jjinja? W-Who's the lucky person? " Sooyoung sat up straight..
 
 
" Uhhhmm. Just s-some student from school.. " she lied..
 
 
" I-Is that so? " Sooyoung looked away with a sad look..
 
 
" W-Wae? "
 
 
" Unreqruited love is lonely.. - - - S-So I'll stop it now.. "
 
 
" Huh? What are y-you saying? " Jessica was getting nervous..
 
 
 
Sooyoung answered no words.. She went straight for Jessica's lips.. Pouring a lot of affection to the woman in front of her.. While for the older.. Her eyes were wide..
 
 
The younger pulled off the kiss..
 
 
 
" I.. " Jessica composing her words..
 
 
" Mianhe~ I'm sorry I did that.. It's kinda weird falling in love with the same gender as mine.. B-But - - - I'm glad my first love was you Unnie.. " Sooyoung stood up with a straight face..
 
 
" W-WAIT! Where are you going??? "
 
 
" Soojin Unnie is waiting for me since last night.. I'll be fine.. Be home safely.. Arasso? " Sooyoung faked a smile and climbed down before Jessica could even answer..
 
 
 
 
OMO~ PABO.PABO.PABO! JUNG SOOYEON PABOOOO >W<" I should've told the truth!!! 
 
 
 
 
Jessica was mentally killing herself.. She touched her lips remembering how soft and warm Sooyoung's lips were..
 
 
 
 
She had no choice but to leave and give her friend some time alone..
 
 
 
 
A week had already passed and still no sign of Sooyoung.. Krystal had met new friends in the park but she couldn't forget her tallest playmate that she misses a lot.. One afternoon Jessica went back to the Shoi Residence.. This time.. No one answered Jessica's doorbells..
 
 
" Hey kid.. You looking for someone? " a boy was standing behind her.. Probably their neighbor..
 
 
" Oh~ Uhmm.. Did you by any chance see a tall woman here? " Jessica asked..
 
 
" Sooyoung Noona?? - - She and her sister left last night.. I don't know where but she was really down after Mrs. Choi's death.. " the boy answered and walked off..
 
 
 
Jessica's eyes watered so fast.. She ran home crying..
 
 
 
 
WHY'D SHE HAVE TO LEAVE? T^T I DIDN'T EVEN GOT THE CHANCE TO MAKE UP FOR HER.. THAT - - I LIKE HER BACK :((( 
 
 
 
 
 
=   =   =   =   =
 
 
 
 
" 5 Years Sooyoung.. ( sobs ) W-Wae??? " Jessica pulled off the hug to see Sooyoung's face she missed a lot.. But the younger is still quiet..
 
 
" Oh~ Seems that you've found Sooyoung for me~ " Soojin walked up to the two..
 
 
" N-Noona~~ " Jessica wiped her tears..
 
 
" Hey Jessica.. You've grown beautiful.. Hehehe.. A-Anyways.. I'll let Sooyoung off tomorrow but we have an appointment somewhere~ Kaja.. " Sooyoung waved goodbye with a smile on her face..
 
 
" Wait in the car Sooyoung.. And please.. I know you missed this place.. Don't go off by yourself okay? " Sooyoung nodded and went to the car..
 
 
 
 
Jessica was so confused..
 
 
 
 
 
" You're probably wondering right?? " Soojin turned to Jessica..
 
 
" D-Dae.. What happened Unnie? "
 
 
" After mom died.. Dad was depressed and always drunk.. He almost hit Sooyoung once with a chair and she got scared.. She didn't speak for days.. Weeks.. She wouldn't even eat.. So I had to take responsibility.. Dad is in rehab now but he's kinda recovering slow.. And I took Sooyoung to America to get her checked.. They 
said it was massive trauma and depression and suggested to see a Speech Pathologist.. But the therapist already called it permanent so I had her learned sign languages.. But don't worry.. She can still hear things.. " Soojin relayed..
 
 
" Omo~~ S-Sign language? At least she's all better.. "
 
 
" You can say that.. Here - - - ( hands a book ) You might need this for her.. See you around Jessica~ " Soojin waved goodbye and went to her car..
 
 
 
She gave Jessica a book about Sign Languages.. Her heart was filled with hope and studied it right away.. She even told the story to Krystal and the younger pitied Sooyoung's situation..
 
 
 
 
 
= THE NEXT DAY ( JESSICA'S BIRTHDAY ) =
 
( 5PM ) After Jessica and Krystal's classes..
 
 
 
 
 
" Happy Birthday Unnie! " Krystal greeted as she handed Jessica her present..
 
 
" Thank you Krys " she glady took the gift..
 
 
" Happy Birthday~ " Amber greeted and gave her present.. She also cooked the food they had for the dinner..
 
 
" Thanks Amber~ I bet your cooking is great~ " Jessica smiled..
 
 
 
 
Other students from Jessica's class came to celebrate too and offered their gifts..
 
 
 
Where could Sooyoung be? :(((
 
 
 
" Unnie! " Krystal called pulling back Jessica to her senses..
 
 
" D-Dae?? "
 
 
" Wear this blindfold for me! We will play a game~~ " Krystal was eager and puts on the handkerchief as the blindfold..
 
 
" Arasso Arasso~ But what are we playing??? " Jessica stretched her arms forward..
 
 
" The trust game! I'll lead you to the finish line but we have to hurry to win~~~ " Krystal pushes her Unnie to the ' finish line ' located at the backyard..
 
 
 
 
Little did Jessica know.. It was all a bluff.. The students tried to keep quiet watching the two with anticipation..
 
 
" Unnie!! WE WON! " Krystal shouted.. Then runs back to her fellow students by the glass door..
 
 
 
" Jjinja??? " Jessica took off her blindfold.. She was even more happier to see Sooyoung standing in front of her.. It was her idea for the fake game..
 
 
 
Jessica looked back and see her students and Krystal smiling at them.. Krystal winked at her Unnie and Jessica smiles back as a thank you..
 
 
 
She turned to Sooyoung again wearing a loose shirt and jeans.. She began to gesture what she wants to say.. Jessica studied all night so she can somehow understand Sooyoung..
 
 
 
 
* Happy Birthday Jessica *
 
 
 
" Thank you~ But hey.. You owe me 5 - - Ani.. 6 GIFTS for missing out my birthdays! " Jessica joked..
 
 
 
Sooyoung smiled and handed her a simple box..
 
 
 
" What's this?? " Jessica shaking the box.. Sooyoung immediately held Jessica's hand to stop her action..
 
 
 
* Don't shake it~ Just open to find out.. *
 
 
Jessica opened the lid and read aloud.. " Sooyoung's voicebox? "
 
 
Sooyoung nodded..
 
 
 
The older looked again and see a 6 letters inside.. Sooyoung picked the 6th letter and offered Jessica to read it first..
 
 
 
* Dearest Jung Sooyeon,
 
It's been long. I've written these letters to you everytime your birthday comes..
And each year, I only miss you more.. I lost my voice.. I learnt Sign Language so I can talk to people.. But still there are things that I can't act out - -  I wanted to say it but I can't.. You know, I imagined me standing in front of you the day I go back to Korea.. But the memory still remained the day I kissed you.. I know it was a mistake and you probably thought I was foolish.. Whoever the person was.. I'm still envious.. But still.. I wanna see you again.. I want to try my luck..
 
 
- Sooyoung *
 
 
 
 
After reading the letter Jessica initiated a kiss..  Jessica's students clapped in support to their teacher same goes to Amber and Krystal - - Another couple unknown to Jessica..
 
 
" Our plan worked love~ Thanks for helping me.. " Krystal smiled
 
 
" It's nothing.. After all.. Your sister is nothing different in our situation~ " Amber cuddled closer to her girlfriend..
 
 
 
 
Going to the mall that day wasn't just for shopping.. Krystal knew that Sooyoung was arriving thanks to Amber's research.. They were able to reach Soojin and Krystal thought it was a perfect gift she could at least prepare for her Unnie..
 
 
 
* Why did you kiss me? * Sooyoung's face had confusion all over her..
 
 
 
" You pabo. When you asked me whom I liked.. I only lied. And I regret it.. "
 
 
 
 
Jessica cups Sooyoung's face..
 
 
 
 
" ( whispers ) It was you all the time dear.. I just didn't have the courage to say it~ 
 
Mianhe~ " Jessica had sparkle in her eyes..
 
 
 
* So.. I'm your first love? * Sooyoung smirked
 
 
 
" Aish. Quit grinning~~ Yes. And I love you~ " Jessica said sweetly
 
 
 
* I love you too *  Sooyoung smiled back with true happiness..
 
 
 
 
 
 
=   =   =   =   =
 
 
 
 
 
Heyo! :D
 
 
Lol. I can't contain myself. :3 
 
So how's the story for ya? :))))
 
I just sneaked online and I can't stay long xD I had it typed already so it was fast 
 
:DDD
 
 
 
Any comments? :) 
 
 
 
I think this is quite long xD
 
 
I'll be updating the 2 fics anytime this week ^w^
 
 
 
-DorkyAuthor in Ninja mode xD