Chapter 1

Trespassing Thresholds

 

Luhan glanced around at his surroundings apprehensively. This was a completely new school, with a new environment, new people- No don’t think about him, no one else can do as much damage to me. He was a senior now, and most high school students didn’t transfer to another school just before their last year in their school. Not like Luhan.

 

Chatter and laughter filled the area as students piled into the hallway, almost all at least with a friend or two, chortling loudly as they briskly walked past Luhan, as if he was nonexistent. He guessed he’d rather it that way, preferring to stay in the shadows and keep to himself. After the horrifying change in his life, he’d learnt to not trust anybody.

 

Luhan was a werewolf. Even after two months, he still felt uncomfortable in his own skin. It was still shocking, to himself, how he could suddenly turn into a giant furry dog, and have paws and claws and a snout and a heightened sense of smell and sight and oh- even now, he could smell the scents of people far away, which was rather unpleasant to some degree because normal people smelt mildly disgusting, like burned coal and smoke. Luhan wrinkled his nose as he made his way to his first class, after staring at the schedule the squeaky secretary had given him earlier.

 

While trying ardently to find his homeroom, he hadn’t realized that the crowd in the hallway had dissipated and that the bell had already rung, making him late for his first class of the year. Luhan panicked and flung open the first door he found, hoping that this was his classroom. He was just preparing his apology when a shocking sight awaited him.

 

A tall, broad-shouldered guy was kissing a blonde girl fiercely, pushing her back against the wall as he tilted his head to kiss her deeper. The guy was probably a senior too, judging by the way he held himself confidently and how he was kissing the girl so intensely. From where Luhan was standing, the guy looked ridiculously attractive, even his side profile looked pretty, if not rather y. His skin was as pale as anyone could imagine, snow soft skin stretching across an immaculate bone structure, where all the spaces between his features fit perfectly. His hair was a bright outrageous red, although it looked so soft and rumpled up that Luhan wanted desperately to run his fingers through it. Trailing his gaze down his body, Luhan could immediately tell that the guy was in good shape, almost lust-worthy. His tight cotton shirt fit his torso like a glove, making Luhan almost lose his breath as he noticed the stitching that spread over his abdominal region perfectly. His scent too, was the best he had ever smelled, it felt heady and hot, like liquor and wine, making him think of things he should not have been thinking of. Truthfully, it made Luhan sort of aroused. Luhan watched intensely as he dipped his head lower, planting kisses slowly down her jaw, towards the soft curve of her neck, and stopped at just before her collarbone. The girl sighed softly and seemed to be craning her neck forward so he could have better access. Luhan could sympathize – if he was in her position he would certainly do the sa – no.

 

The redhead seemed to have latched on to that particular sweet spot, and until the girl was almost out of breath. For a split-second, the guy detached his head from her neck, and grinned. Luhan thought it was a mere trick of the light, but somehow something sharp glinted in his mouth, something that looked scarily like fangs, but Luhan knew he was hallucinating, because there was only one supernatural creature in the world, werewolves, and that only consisted of him and Kai, that had to be the truth right, because there was no way that were such other creatures out there with powers beyond what he could imagine and there was absolutely no way that guy was a vampire, for goodness’ sake, vampires only appeared in Twilight and stupid movies and –

 

Luhan was staring at the mysterious guy with so much focus that he gasped when the guy finally looked up and realized there was another presence in the room. The guy – Luhan had to find out his name – looked evenly at him in the eye and smirked, as the girl whimpered, in what Luhan assumed was frustration. He opened his mouth to say something, anything – an apology or excuse, but nothing came out. The guy’s eyes were a captivating smoked topaz, and he felt as if he could gaze and drown in them forever, and they were pearls of swirling seas and full of promises that said forever –

 

Luhan’s daydream was broken abruptly when the guy pecked the girl lightly on the mouth and whispered lightly into her ears, as the girl flushed red, like the guy’s hair. Luhan had a sudden urge of anger, wanting to rip her away from him and keep the guy to himself. With his new powers he could just –

 

Luhan’s thoughts were again cut off as the guy ran his hands through his hair and strode past him. He towered over Luhan, which wasn’t much of a compliment. Luhan caught the ghost of a smirk, the faintest sign of acknowledgement, which he thought was so damn y he almost blushed. And the way he looked at him almost killed Luhan, the deep, almost compelling stare that made him shudder, his whole body reacting to his one glance. It was also the confident, almost cocky manner in which he moved, gracefully gliding across the floor, making Luhan’s eyes darken with lust as he followed the guy’s movement with an intense stare. It was as if the particles in Luhan’s body had suddenly started vibrating nervously and screaming to get closer and closer to the boy whose name he didn’t even know. Then came the slamming of the door, the finality of the sound of wood against concrete that brought Luhan back into coherency.

 

With a jolt, Luhan realized that the girl was still in the room, looking a little worked up, hair messed up from being pushed up roughly against the wall, cheeks rosy. She turned around and seemed to calm herself down, shooting an amused glance at Luhan, who was still processing what had just happened. She suddenly walked towards Luhan and gave him a sultry smile, which caused him to blush and take a hasty step back.  

 

‘Sorry you had to see all of that, I’m Krystal, you should’ve said something, I didn’t know you were here. What’s more, you look like that.’ The blonde – Krystal – slowly looked him up and down, while he stood awkwardly, not used to getting comments like these. Were they compliments? Or a nicer way to say that he wasn’t much of a pleasant sight?

 

‘Anyway, that was Sehun. I assume it’s your first day here, because you didn’t run away immediately or anything. But it’s fine. By the way, you better hurry get to class, you’re already late.’ With that, she sashayed out of the room, leaving Luhan standing alone in the middle of the classroom. Sehun. So that’s his name. Luhan reveled from how the name rolled off his lips so easily and comfortably, as if it was always meant to be. He thought about how fitting it was, how the name Sehun sounded so sophisticated and charming, wrapping itself perfectly around the dark, beautifully pale person, and he remembered how Sehun had gazed at him, feeling so lost in his eyes that he needed to get a grip on himself and reality, and Luhan realized that when they looked at each other in the eye, he felt safe and protected.

 

But… the fangs. The fleeting glimpse of the pointed, sharp teeth still haunted his mind, whispering snarky words of doubt and uneasiness. Luhan shook his head violently, willing himself to not think about him – Sehun – anymore, firstly, he needed to get to class.

 

He would find out more about Sehun in time.