Sway. With. Me.

Sway With Me ( Oneshot )

*Flashback*

14 year old Kyuhyun was sitting at the playground, feeling alone and melancholy.  His parents were about to divorce and he was afraid; afraid that his parents were divorcing because they didn’t love him anymore.  He cried, tears rolling down his cheeks and staining his “I LOVE HER” T-shirt.

That was when he saw his best friend, Sooyoung.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Kyuhyun!  It’s such a beautiful day, why are you crying?  Aish, you’re always so weird!” Sooyoung chirped in cheery little tones.

Kyuhyun poured his heart out to Sooyoung.  “MY PARENTS ARE DIVORCING! IS IT WEIRD TO CRY ABOUT IT?! HOW WOULD YOU FEEL IF YOUR PARENTS DIDN’T LOVE EACH OTHER ANYMORE AND WANTED TO FILE FOR DIVORCE?!”

“I-I’m so sorry, Kyuhyun…I didn’t know-“

“Yah! If you’re here to make fun of me, then go away!”

Sooyoung was shocked and hurt.  Very hurt.

“I’M NOT HERE TO MAKE FUN OF YOU!! I’M YOUR BEST FRIEND! WHY WOULD I WANT TO DO THAT?! LOOK, IF YOU WANT TO CRY AND BE A SISSY, GO AHEAD! NO ONE’S STOPPING YOU!” Sooyoung nearly shouted in exasperation.

“Soo-Sooyoung…I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to be so mean to you…”

Sooyoung calmed down and smiled at the distraught boy.  She wiped a tear off Kyuhyun’s face and said,” Hey…don’t be so depressed.  Your parents will always love you.  They are still your parents, no matter what.  Don’t cry, unless you want the other boys to make fun of you!  And remember, no matter what, I’ll always be there for you, okay?”

That was the day Kyuhyun swore that he would only love and protect Sooyoung and no other girl.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sooyoung was alone in the dance studio.

She was wearing a tracksuit and practicing her dance steps in front of the glass mirror.

“One, two, three…”

In a few days time Sooyoung and the rest of SNSD would be leaving for Japan for a month in preparation for their Japan Arena Tour concerts.  Every girl had a solo, and of course, Sooyoung’s solo was “Sway”.

 ”When marimba rhythms start to play, dance with me, make me sway…”

Sooyoung flung her arms in the air, dancing gracefully.  Her body swayed in sensual patterns with eloquence.  She was an exceptionally great dancer, possibly even better than Yuri and Yoona.

Meanwhile, Kyuhyun was just outside the dance studio and he heard music being played.  Curiosity got the better of him and he took a little peek into the dance studio. 

“That looks like Sooyoung…” Kyuhyun muttered to himself and he felt his cheeks reddening.  It wasn’t like he was seeing anything dirty, but he was blushing and his heart beat faster.

“She’s beautiful…”

As he continued to ogle admire Sooyoung, he was leaning towards the ajar door and he was unaware of it.

“Ow!”

Kyuhyun leaned onto the door too much and fell through the door, stunning Sooyoung, who immediately turned the music off.

“Er…are you okay, Kyuhyun?” Sooyoung asked as she helped Kyuhyun up.

“Yeah, thanks. I’m fine.”

“So…what are you doing here?” Sooyoung asked again.

Kyuhyun, at a loss for what to say, stammered,”Um…just seeing if my cell phone was here.” He pretended to look around the studio.  “Nope, not here.” he chuckled sheepishly.  At this point Kyuhyun was blushing furiously and Sooyoung could not help but stifle a tiny giggle.

“Practicing for ‘Sway’?” Kyuhyun tried to break the uncomfortable silence.

“Mm-hm.” Sooyoung nodded her head.

Sooyoung suddenly had a flashback of Kyuhyun and herself spending time alone in the dance studios when they were younger.  Oh, how she missed the old days where the two of them would goof around in the studio and laugh at each others’ jokes and antics.  It was just like their second home.  Now, it was just a studio that harboured old memories because Kyuhyun and Sooyoung were not as close as before due to packed schedules.

But even if the distance between them was getting bigger, Kyuhyun still loved Sooyoung.  Just that…he hasn’t confessed yet.

“Should I confess now?  Since we’re all alone and…no.  I can’t. I just can’t.” Kyuhyun pondered.  But the other half of him said, “Come on Kyu, man up!  You’ve gotta tell her or it’ll be too late!”

Kyuhyun wasn’t stupid.  He wanted to confess, but he had to take it step by step.

“You don’t have a dance partner now, do you?  I thought the dance of ‘Sway’ was meant for two people.” Kyuhyun remarked casually.

“Yeah.  But I guess I can handle on my own.”

“Well…okay.  I’ll go off then.”

“Kyuhyun, wait-” Sooyoung hesitated as Kyuhyun made his way to the door.

“Hmm?”

“Um…do you wanna practice with me?  That is, if you’re free and you know the steps.”

“Sure.” Kyuhyun smirked.  My plan is going perfectly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When marimba rhythms start to play dance with me, make me sway, like a lazy ocean hugs the shore, hold me close, sway me more~ like a flower bending in the breeze, bend with me~ sway with ease, when we dance you have a way with me, stay with me sway with me~”

Kyuhyun and Sooyoung began to dance and, my, how sensual it was.  Sooyoung sat on Kyuhyun’s lap and wrapped her arms around his neck, turning her head and then suddenly staring right into his eye at the last note of the first verse. Her stare had some sort of seductive aura to it, which slightly gave shivers to Kyuhyun.

Other dancers may be on the floor, dear, but my eyes will see only you~ only you have that magic technique, when we sway I go weak~ I can hear the sounds of violin, long before it begins, make me thrill as only you know how~ sway me smooth, sway me now~”

Sooyoung proceeded to twirl around Kyuhyun.  Kyuhyun held on to her waist while she placed her arms on his shoulders and began to turn her torso.  She then continued to twirl with Kyuhyun.  Then, with Kyuhyun’s naughty  hands on her waist, Sooyoung grinded her hips and spun around once more before Kyuhyun carried her and twirled across the studio.  

“Sway with me…” 

The two ended their dance with Kyuhyun holding onto her waist and slowly leaning down on Sooyoung while she comfortably placed her arms on his shoulders.  Their lips were just centimetres apart; but forget it, they weren’t going to kiss.

“That was…exhausting.” Kyuhyun panted, his face slightly flushed.

Sooyoung nodded her head and handed Kyuhyun a bottle of mineral water for him to cool down.

Kyuhyun had never danced such a provocative dance before, and it was certainly exhilarating for him, especially he was dancing with Sooyoung.  Her stares, her hips grinds and everything about her were oh so pleasuring for him.  His heart was beating so quickly throughout and at some moments he couldn’t catch his breath.

Although he had planned his confession carefully, his heart was still dugeun dugeun, beating crazily.  He cheeks were deep red and he could feel his face getting hotter and hotter.

 

 

 He couldn’t take it anymore.

He had to confess.

 

 

“Sooyoung…before you go, I-I have something to say.”

“Hmm?”

“Remember that day when I was 14?  When I was crying about my parents’ divorce?”

“Yeah.  What about it?”

“Well, on that day…you told me to be strong and that you would always be there for me…”

There was a short silence.

“You were like my guardian angel back then, my best friend and confidante…ever since that day, I fell in love with you.  Up till today the only girl I’ve fallen for is…you.  And I still love you.  I don’t know if you will accept my feelings or not, but I just want to say-“

 

“Say no more, Kyu.” Sooyoung whispered, pulling him closer until their faces were just about to touch.

Kyuhyun took her move as the cue.  He leaned towards her and kissed her on the lips.  The touch of his lips were warm and soft to Sooyoung, and she was enjoying it, in fact, a lot.  His hands slowly slid down to her waist and their kiss became deeper and deeper.  Her hands were wrapped around his neck and she could feel Kyuhyun’s warm breath on her. 

 

 

They stopped their lip-lock and just stared at each other contentedly in silence.

 

 

 

After what seemed like eternity, Sooyoung whispered slyly, “Let’s sway together again, shall we?”

“Be my guest.”