Final: Red Rose

"ʀose"
FINAL CHAPTER.
My Love is like a RED ROSE
 
 
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
"Song Jieun, I love you! Please go out with me!" A man bowed 90 degrees before me. I looked down to the man before me, speaking.
This man was no different from the rest. His look was different, he had blonde hair and a stud earing on both ears. His voice sounded raspy and deep, a senior most likely.
I parted my lips and spoke, "I cannot recibrocate nor accept your love. I am sorry." Before he could say anything else, I walked away from the man and left him there as he was still bowing down.
He is no different. He would just end up like the others.
I don't even understand why they bother anymore...
 
The man whose name I cannot recall, confessed to me in the garden that was behind the bricked school building.
I turned the corner, only to find my long time friend, Xi Luhan waiting for me as he had his arms crossed over his chest and his back on the side of the building.
"So, you turned another man down, Jieun?" As if he needed to ask. He was probably listening in on the confession again. He has been with me my whole life almost, we have known each other since we were young.
I did not answer Luhan, instead I kept on walking, only to hear footsteps following behind me.
"You don't have to be so "cold" to me as well, I thought we have known each other long enough that you can tell me anything. I am truly hurt, Jieun." I could tell he was mocking me with his sarcastic words. I was not in the mood to play Luhan's games. I kept on ignoring him and his words.
After a while of walking, we had re-entered the school building, it was the afternoon already and most likely all of the kids who did not take a sport nor were in a club, have gone home. Except for Luhan and myself obviously.
"Luhan, I do not understand why you follow me when I am being confessed to. Is it that enjoyable to watch me turn them down? Plus, don't you have practice this evening? Why are you here?" I asked, he was indeed on the soccer team and he was indeed quite a good player. Sports are not my forte, I choose to stick with a more subtle type of activity.
"Ah, seems like you have finally talked to me. I am so happy~ And about practice, I decided to ditch today. Well, just for the first half hour that is." Luhan is a very laid-back kind of guy in my opinion. Over the years I have known him, his personality has changed many times. Although, the one thing that hasn't changed is that he is always by my side.
I believe that without Luhan, I will truly be lonely.
 
"Hmm, why do you take things so lightly? Don't you know it will one day come back to haunt you if you accidentally let something so easily slip through your fingers." We arrived at our classroom so I could go and pick up my things and book bag.
"Heh, I already know that..." I heard Luhan mumble something, but I could not truly make out all the words he spoke.
"Hmm?" I asked.
"Nothing. Nothing. I should probably go to soccer practice now, I think my half hour is almost up. You are going to the music room, right? I will meet you there after practice. Bye!" Luhan ran out of the room before I could reply. I wonder what he wanted to say? I shrugged off the thought, wondering if it was anything important.
I grabbed my bag and slung it onto my shoulder. I walked out of the classroom and started to venture down the hallway. I did indeed plan on heading to the music room, so I did exactly that.
 
My walking came to a halt when I was standing in front of a brown door that had a sign in the middle of it reading out, "MUSIC ROOM." I pushed down on the door handle and pushed the door open. Upon entering the room, I was surrounded by many music intruments and chairs the were lined up in rows in the front of the room where the white board was. Four giant glass windows took up one side of the wall, while on the side where I was(where the door/entre way was) had posters of famous musicians scattered on the wall, living none of the white paint under it showing.
I stepped into the spacious room as I set my bag against the wall of posters.
I walked to the far back of the room where all the instruments were lined up against the wall and where the piano laid in the middle of it all. I walked up to the piano and stared at it for a second as I saw my reflection upon it. I cracked a small smile before taking a seat infront of the piano keys.
I lifted up the cover only for many black and white piano keys to be revealed.
 
I took a deep inhale before slowly exhaling. My fingers laid gently upon the keys as I closed my eyes and started to play. The notes and rhythm engulfed me and I was no longer aware of my surroundings.
My lips parted and my voice started to come out. I sung out the song that I had committed to memory. The song that was filled with all my passion and love for performing.
To anyone else, it might've just been another regular slow song, but to me..it was a song that portrayed my dreams.
 
"???'s POV"
"Crap, crap, where is it?!" I started to panic a bit within myself, trying desperately to find where my homework assignment was.
"Yo, Baekhyun! We're leaving, are you coming or what?" A couple of my friends and I were going to go out to eat together, until I found out I lost my homework assignment.
"GO ON WITHOUT ME! I'M STILL LOOKING! I'LL CATCH UP LATER!" I shouted out to them as I was still searching through my desk and on the ground of the classroom.
"Okay." I heard their footsteps going farther and farther away from the room. CRAP! Where the hell is that homework assignment! GAAAHH!
 
After what felt like an hour(but turned out to only be 10 minutes) I finally found the goddamn assignment. I jumped up in joy, until I hit my head on the bottom of the desk. I rubbed my head in pain, knowing that there will be a bruise there later. But who cares! I found my homework!
I grabbed my bag and ran out of the classroom as fast as I could. Speeding down the hall until something caught my ear.
"Huh? What was that?" I heard music coming from somewhere nearby, it sounded quite lovely. I could tell it was a slow song, yet it felt very soothing and melodic. I wonder where it's coming from?
 
I followed the noise and it led me to where the music room was, obviously. I slowly opened the door, trying not to make a sound nor disturb whoever was inside. I took a peek into the room. I couldn't really see who was playing, but I could also hear singing.
I opened the door a little more, enough for my head and shoulders to go through. I looked to the back of the room and saw a girl. I couldn't see her face, since her back was facing me. She had a sweet and soothing voice and her piano skills seemed quite good.
I tip-toed into the classroom, not wanting to disturb her, yet still wanting to listen in on the wonderful mini-concert before me. I tried to walk a bit over to the side, to see if I could see who she was. When walking a bit over, her playing came to a sudden pause until it kept going. That caught me off guard, I thought she knew I was here for a second.
I still peeked a bit over and saw the profile of her face. My eyes widened a bit, though I could not see all of her face, she still looked beautiful. Her beauty was bewitching. Her long eye lashes and curved lips made my face heat up. My heart beat quickened. I took another peek and noticed that her eyes were closed.
Closed? Is she doing this all from memory?
 
I felt at peace when she played, though this is the first time actually listening to her play.
I felt as though I yearned for the sound. I loved her voice and I could feel her passion towards playing. I could tell she put love into her music and voice.
That's the word. Love.
 
I love her music. I love her calming beauty. I think I may love her...
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
I felt as though someone was watching me play from behind, but I shrugged off the feeling. Not wanting to be distracted by such a petty thing. There is no way that someone is still here. Everyone is out doing there own thing. I know I am alone, right?
 
When the song came to an end, so did my playing. I re-opened my eyes and smiled a little to myself. This song was one of the many songs that I have composed before. That was the "not-so-secret" passion of mine. I loved to sing and write music, but that is not what I was destined to do. At least, according to my parents...
 
I stood up from the paino bench, I heard a chair squeak behind me against the tiled floor. I immediately shot my head back only to see a guy that was holding his knee and had a scrunched up face as though in pain. Probably tried to make a run for it and hit his knee on the wooden chair that is now laying on the floor.
 
"BAEKHYUN's POV"
Damn it! I hit my knee on that damn wooden chair beside me.
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
I waited until the guy before me was done bouncing up and down in pain, on his one good foot. My hands stood firmly upon my hips.
 
When the guy stopped being such a baby about hitting his knee on a chair, I started to speak up.
"What are you doing here? Everyone is suppose to be gone!! Explain yourself! Were you eavesdropping?!" I was furious with the random guy before me. I did not know who he was nor did I recognize his face. Why is he here anyhow? Is he from one of the sports or clubs?
I stood there, not moving and inch nor changing my stance.
 
He finally spoke up, "I was just going home, but I passed by this room and heard you playing. You are a really good singer and pianist you know!" He gave me a big smile that showed many of his teeth. I felt my face start to get hot, so I put both my hands over my cheeks to cover it.
Why does my face and ears feel hot? What the heck is happening?
 
I finally was able to compose myself and spoke once more, "That does not mean you have the right to just randomly sneak in and listen to me playing. You were not suppose to hear it anyway!" I stomped my foot in the process to emphasize my words and present hw angry I was at the moment.
"Well, if you don't want anyone to listen, then why play in such a public area with giant glass windows and thin walls that people care clearly hear through? Plus, why can't I hear it? I really liked it! You should perform in front of others too!" Darn, I did not think this guy would have some logic inside of him.
I decided to ignore his first remark and instead answer the second one, "Perform? Hah, yea right. If only I was allowed to." I wanted to mumble that last part to myself but I guess that guy's ears are pretty sharp as well.
"What do you mean? Why can't you?" He said this in a much sadder tone. It sounded as though he was pitying me. I don't want this kid's pity.
My blood boiled and in the next moment, I exploded.
 
"IT'S NONE OF YOUR BUISINESS! GO AWAY!" My eyes started to get teary as my visions slowly blurred. I tried to discreetly rub the tears away so this guy wouldn't see I was crying. I honestly had no idea why I was crying, it just happened. I do not know why I even yelled at the man before me. It just happened.
 
I guess I was just too tired...of everything.
 
Everything moved so quickly. The next moment I was by the poster wall grabbing my bag and slinging it onto my shoulder. I could subtly hear footsteps coming closer to me. As I had my hand on the door handle, I felt someone lay their hand gently upon my shoulder until I swatted it off fiercly. I looked back to the person that stood behind me, my tears now rapidly falling from my tear ducts to my cheek and making it's way down.
I saw pity in his eyes. That it was "abnormal" and "rare" to see me crying. That I looked pitiful. I agree, since I feel pathetic.
As I closed my eyes so the tears would only keep falling, the guy lifted up his hand and it upon my cheek, swiping away the tear.
My eyes widened a bit at the sudden contact, and before he could do anything else, I opened the door and escaped into the hallways. Running down one way and not caring where I ended up at the moment.
 
When out of breath and my eyes a bit red and puffy from the constant tears, I laid my back onto the wall and slid down to the floor as the water works started up again.
I pulled my knees in close to me as my arms were crossed on top of them. I hid away my head/face in my arms so no one else could see how pathetic I was. How pathetic I am.
 
"BAEKHYUN's POV"
My voice was hitched in my throat when she left. I wanted to call out to her and stop her, but yet I knew that she needed to be alone though.
 
"GAH! What was I thinking?! Listening in on her playing. Pft, nice one, Baekhyun." I smacked my forehead in annoyance, knowing it was partially my fault that she is outside crying about now. Ugh, the guilt was killing me and eating me from the inside out. I felt I should do something.
 
I grabbed my bag and that was resting on another wooden chair, and slung it over my shoulder. I went out into the hall and ran down the way where I believe I saw her go. I really hope she is okay.
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
I sat there, still trying to wipe away the last of my tears. I took deep breaths and tried to recompose myself. Though, because of my crying I started to hiccup a bit, which annoyed the heck out of me.
 
"Jieun?" I looked up only to see a familiar face. I was accustomed to this voice already, considering I hear it practically every day.
"Ah, Luhan. Is practice already over?" I tried to steer away from him asking why my eyes are red and puffy or if I was crying.
"Uh, yea. Jieun, are you alright? What happened?" Luhan extended out his hand and touched one of my puffy eyes. I held onto his hand as it slowly went down to touching my cheek.
"It's nothing. Don't worry about it. I'm fine. Just something came up so I had to leave the music room early." I did not fully tell him everything, since I felt there was no need to. Even if Luhan is a dear friend of mine, he does not need to know everything.
"Hmm, alright. Would you like to head home now?" Luhan quickly grabbed my hand and pulled it away from my face. His hand felt warm and comforting, it was a familiar feeling; considering this is not the first time we have held hands.
I nodded in agreement. Before turning around to go back down the hallway to get to the front of the school, I heard shoes squeaking and quickly seem to run farther away from where would stood. I turned my head only to see the back of someone. I could not make out who that person was, but I had a feeling I knew them. I shrugged the thought off as Luhan started to guide me down the hallway.
 
"BAEKHYUN's POV"
I knew it. I knew it. I had a feeling. I knew I shouldn't have gone to see her.
I knew it.
 
I ran as fast as I could, wanting to get out of the hallway and out of this building. I didn't feel like meeting up with my friends any longer, so I decided to just go home.
I took out my cellphone from my pocket. I scrolled down through the names until I came upon Chanyeol's number. I was about to push "call" until a droplet fell onto my phone.
"What the?" I looked up into the sky and saw it was like any other evening day, with the sunsetting. But, there were no rainclouds to be seen nor do I remember hearing it would rain today.
*drip* *drip* There were now three water droplets on my phone, I started to wipe them away with my sleeve by grabbing onto the cuff and dragging it over the glass covering. While doing so, the top of my sleeve started to become wet as it was covering my phone.
My chest tighened and my breath once again hitched in my throat. I felt something slide down my cheeks. I touched my face and felt..tears? Why was I crying? I quickly wiped them away with my sleeve, but as I did I felt more tears start to come out. What's wrong with me?
My chest was heavy and started to hurt. I remembered what I saw previously. I remember when that guy touched her face. The face that I fell in love with. Of the person who I fell for.
I started to sniffle as my tears were not constantly coming out now. I don't want to cry, but I couldn't stop.....
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
"Jieun-ssi, wake up. It's time for school." I felt someone shaking my shoulder, but I just groaned in response and brought the blanket up higher, hiding my face from the light that shined through the shades of the window.
But, I should've known that in the next second, I would be stripped of my warmth from my blanket. I felt my blanket slide- no, more like pulled off of me. "Jieun-ssi, you are going to be late, now wake up from your slumber. Breakfast is ready as well." I rised up from my bed and was now stretching out my arms. Oh, how I despise mornings, today was no exception. But, none of the less, I got up and headed to the bathroom.
"I have such a terrible feeling about today." I stated to no one is particular.
 
"Ah, Jieun-ssi, it's good to see you are up. Your breakfast is on the table." It was my personal maid that spoke to me. Her name is Jung Hana, but I don't really see her as a "maid," she is more like a sister to me. She is older than I, and has been here taking care of me while my parents were gone. Which is most of the time.
"Morning, unnie. What time is it?" I sat down at the end of the long dining room table and started to munch on my toast then taking a sip of my orange juice.
"It's 7:40. Class starts at 8:00, correct? Would you like for me to call the chauffer?" Hana unnie asked as she was taking away the empty plate and glass from in front of me.
"No, that is fine. School is close. I plan on walking with Luhan again today." I stood up from my seat and started to head to the front door.
"Take care, Jieun-ssi." Unnie shouted out before I waved goodbye and headed out the door. Upon closing the door, I saw Luhan waiting at the front of the gates. His back was facing me as he leaned on the wall that surrounded the house.
I opened the gates, yet did not get a response from Luhan. I walked out through the gates and turned to see his face. His eyes were closed and he was breathing at a steady pace, *sigh* how can he sleep in a place like this?
I walked in front of him and looked at his straight in the face. "Luhan, we are going to be late. Wake up." No response. I sighed once more before taking a deep breath and shouting it out. "XI LUHAN! WAKE UP! WE'RE GOING TO BE LATE!!" That seemed to have gotten his attention, since in the next moment, his eyes shot open and he looked a mix of surprised, shock, and..anger? I tried to hold in my laugh after seeing him so frantic looking. I put my hand over my mouth to surpress the oncoming giggle.
"Ha ha, very funny. Now lets go before you have a laughing fit." I could tell Luhan seemed a bit angry that I awoke the poor guy from his slumber, but to be honest, I know he would've done the same if he found me sleeping and we were in a rush.
 
We arrived at school at exactly 7:55, just enough time to relax for five minutes before the teacher comes in. Upon waking into our homeroom class, it was quite silent for a second when I stepped in. It also felt as though the tempature had gone down. I looked around the class, some guys were gawking at me, while some girls were shying away or glaring in my direction. I shrugged off the looks and headed straight to my seat.
Upon sitting down and taking out my book from my bag, and starting to read it, the conversations soon started to pick up once again. My seat was in the back of the class by the giant windows. From my seat I had a clear look of the soccer field below.
Luhan's seat was placed in the third row(there being five rows) spot on in the middle of the class. However, usually, for some reason, he hangs out by my seat in the morning and during breaks. Just leaning on the window sill, and relaxing I suppose.
"YO, LUHAN! Some girl is here to ask you something!" A guy from our class shouted out to Luhan. I took a peek up from my book and saw that the guy was shouting out near the door way and was standing next to a blushing girl that seemed to be shying away. Nothing out of the ordinary, I suppose. My guess is that she is probably here to ask out Luhan; not very surprising considering he is quite caring and handsome. At least, that is what I hear around.
Luhan started to walk over to the door way. I saw Luhan and the girl conversing before Luhan fully stepped out of the class and went down the hall. Hmm, another private confession. I paid no mind to what they were talking about, considering it was obvious, and went back to reading my book.
 
"LUHAN's POV"
"YO, LUHAN! Some girl is here to ask you something!" Xiumin called out. I looked towards the door way and saw and underclassman fidgeting with her uniform while having a deep blush. *sigh* I wonder how this will go.
I took a side glance towards Jieun to see if she had any reaction to this. But, I saw nothing except her being immersed in her book. My chest started to hurt a bit, realizing that she probably felt no jealousy towards the girl.
I stood up and walked towards where Xiumin and the gir stood. I thanked Xiumin and he just nodded as he started to walk away and do what he was doing before.
My attention was slightly on the girl's words, but I felt my mind wondering to how Jieun responded to this girl asking me over here.
"Umm...ah...Lu-Luhan-ah, may I ask you something in private?" The girl stuttered and was still refusing to make eye contact with me.
"Sure." Then we both started to walk away from the classroom to a more secluded area. More like underneathe the staircase.
"So what did you want to ask?" As though I was oblivious to her confession.
"Um..ah...I j-just w-wanted to s-say t-that I really really like you. So..umm..Please go out with me!" She shouted out the last part. She hid her read face behind her hands and closed her eyes. My guess is that she feared rejection and did not want to see it coming.
"I'm sorry. But I can't return your feelings. I have someone else I already have in my heart. Also, I am sorry but I do not know your name?" To be honest, many girls that I don't know or have yet to met prior their confession, have tried to ask me out.
"B-but..you can learn my name! I'm Son Naeun! I already figured that you like someone else. It's that girl, Song Jieun, right? B-but, what if I make you fall for me?" This girl was pretty desperate, I could tell. Make me fall for her? I don't like to ruin people's chances and destroy their hope, but I can tell that she will not succeed with her initial plan.
"I'm sorry, Naeun-ah. But, my heart is dead on set. I do not feel I can waver away from the person I love. I am truly sorry." I tried letting the girl down gently, but I guess she will also not waver away from her heart.
"I know you love her. I can tell. B-but, can I at least try? Can I try before I know it's hopeless?" This girl was now looking at me straight in the eyes and I could see tears b her bottom eyelid.
"Fine. You can try. But, I am sorry if you are not able to succeed." I could give the girl a chance at the very least. Many girls are like this one, confessing and then trying to cling on to me to gain my heart. To make me look their way. I truly feel sorry that I will never return their feelings.
"Thank you. But, I must warn you that I do not give up easily. My plan will start sooner than you think.~" She stated this is a very bubbly way, it also made me a bit worried as to what she may do.
"Well, I wish you the best of-" but I was cut off by this girl kissing me on the lips. It was a forced kiss and it made my lip bump into my teeth. It hurt quite a bit and it gave me chills. I pushed her off and held my arm up to my lips. I furiously wiped the kiss off. Many have tried to confess, force themselves upon me, hug me; but not many have tried to steal my first kiss. This girl stole the kiss I was saving. Saving for my love. Saving for her.
"Hehehe, told ya~ I won't give up so easily, so be prepared." She winked at me before skipping off to her class. I was left stunned in my place. I did not know what to say or feel. The only thought in my mind was "Jieun."
 
"BAEKHYUN's POV" (rewind a bit. Back to the kiss)
Ugh, damn errand.
I head down the stairs to go to the Teachers' offices on the first floor. I have to return this notebook for a friend. Damn lazy Yeol. He should do his own dirty work.
"My plan will start sooner than you think.~" Hmm? I hear someone talking. It sounds like a girl. I start to travel slowly down the steps, so my steps would be quieter and so it won't be awkward if they find me out.
I make it down to the last set of stairs when I hear, "Well, I wish you the best of-" I heard a guy's voice this time and it seemed to have been cut off. I take a quick peak over the stair's railing and see two figures under the stairs. They seem rather close. I take a closer look to see what they are doing(okay, maybe this is getting a bit too weird). I then notice that they are kissing. But, that is not what shocked me the most. Since, I noticed that the guy the girl was kissing was the same guy that was with the beauty yesterday. Meaning..he's cheating on her?!
 
I ran back up the stairs quickly, hoping to get away and not be noticed. Why would he cheat on his girlfriend? What a piece of crap! My anger started to rise and all I was thinking of was that girl from yesterday, and how she was crying. If she were to find out, then she would have that same expression again...
 
The day went on and my mind was completely occupied with thoughts of that girl from yesterday. I remembered her peaceful expression and beautiful playing. I also remember her sad and angered expressions. My heart renched a bit in remembering of her "boyfriend." Why would she date someone that would cheat on her?
"Hey, Baaaeeekkkkiiiiieeee!!!" I was snapped out of my thoughts by someone calling out in my ear. I turned my head and saw Chanyeol. That little son of a bi-
"Baekkie, Baekkie, Baeeeekkkkiiiieeeee~ What are you thinking about? Pay attention to meee~" Chanyeol started to act as though he was a very whiny girl, sometimes I believe it's not an act. He is just a sarcastic guy though. We were in between classes and at the moment we were by our lockers getting our things for our next class.
"Haha, sure. If you were worth something to think about." I shout back with a small grin.
"How rude! So, what are you really thinking bout though?" He changed back to his "normal" self. At least, what is "normal" by Chanyeol's standards.
"Just whatever, I guess." My mind slowly started to wander away from this conversation and back onto the mysterious girl.
"Pffttt, you're no fun. Is it a test?" I didn't answer.
"Is it a new video game?" I ignored what he was saying to me.
"OH! Is it a girl!" That gained my attention. I still didn't answer, but I covered my face with my left hand to hide my growing blush.
"AH! So I was right! Sooo, who's the lucky girl that's got my Baekkie all up in a mess? Oh~ My Baekkie is growing up." He fake cried and wiped away his "tears."
"It's none of your-" But I automatically forgot what I was gonna say as the girl that has been occupying my mind all day passed by and was walking through the hall. I wasn't the only one caught staring at the girl, the other guys in the hall turned their heads in her direction, but her expression stayed stoic. Some of the guys that even had girlfriends already started to look her way with a sly smile.
"Ah, so it's Song Jieun you're crushing on. Figures." Chanyeol spoke up and snapped me out of my trance.
"Who?" I asked, did he say a name?
"Ya'know, Song Jieun. The "ice princess" of the school. She's quite popular, don't you know her?" Chanyeol looked at me in surprisement and shock.
I shook my head. "Am I suppose to? "Ice Princess"? What kind of name is that?" Why would she be called an "Ice Princess"? She didn't seem that way when I saw her yesterday.
"*sigh* How long have you been in this school? Anyways, Song Jieun. A Junior, like us, but placed in the "A" class since she is smart as well as pretty. She is popular for her beauty and voice. I think it was said that she out-shined everyone when she was in  chorus. Either way, she is called the "ice princess" since she has the beauty and grace of a princess, but she is distant and as cold as ice. Many guys have tried to confess to her, but she turns them all down. I think recently that Senior, Bang Yongguk confessed to her even." It was as though we were gossiping like middle school girls.
"And that is also why I was not surprised when it seemed you like her. Many guys do, including myself a bit." Chanyeol stated with a smile.
"Pft, so you're not drooling over that Senior anymore?" I stated with a smirk lining my face.
"NO! My Dara will always be in my heart." He said with a happy expression and a bit of a sigh as though he were in love. Which I'm guessing he is.
"Yea, yea. Stop fanboying. We should get to class." I try to make sure that Yeol forgets we had this conversation about our love lives and all that junk.
"Okay, okay. We'll talk about your failed chances- I mean crush on Jieun, later." He gave me a smirk, while I gave him a glare in return. What a bast-
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
It was finally the end of the day. Classes were over and the great part was that it was Friday, meaning tomorrow is the start of the weekend. I'm glad to be honest. It has been a weird week.
I start to pack up my bag as I remember what happened after Luhan came back.
 
~Flashback~
Luhan re-enters the room before the teacher comes. I look up from my book only to see that it seemed as though Luhan was spacing out quite a bit. He looked a bit scared, shocked, worried, and other emotions that I could not clearly tell. I wonder what happened? Wasn't it just another confession?
Hmm, maybe he actually found someone he likes? I wonder if he is okay?
I put my book down and went to go over to Luhan's seat where he was spacing out at the moment. But as soon as I stood up the teacher came in. I sat back down and put my book away. I'll ask him later.
 
After class I went up to Luhan so we could walk to class together as usual, considering we have most of our classes together anyway. I walked up to his seat with my bag slung on my shoulder and I tapped on his shoulder to gain his attention. Since he was packing up for the next class and his back was turned to me. He looked my way and I saw that he immediately tensed up and a wave of worry washed over him.
"H-hey, Jieun. What's wrong?" He stuttered a bit, that's strange.
"I could be asking you the same thing. Why do you seem so "jumpy"? What happened during the confession?" I wanted to cut out the "middle man" and get straight to the point.
"How do you know it was a confession? It could have just been her asking a que-"
"Luhan, I'm not an idiot nor am I blind. So cut the crap and answer the question." My straightforwardness seemed to have made his worry and fear rise. What is he hiding?
"Umm..Jieun, sorry I can't walk to class with you today. I have to go ask a teacher something. I'll see you later." Before I could respond he had already turned his back on me and headed out the door. What's wrong with him?
~End Flashback~
 
I have still yet to hear from or talk to him all day. I do wonder if he is okay though?
 
I grab my bag and walk out of the classroom. Luhan is probably at soccer practice again. I head directly to the "music room," until something stops me. More like someone.
The person was behind me and grabbed onto my shoulder. I did not hesitate when I quickly spun around, grabbing their arm and twisting it behind their back. The only good thing I got out of self-denfense classes.
"OW OW OW OOOOWWWW!! LET GOO!" I look down and see that it is the guy from yesterday. My eyes widen and I automatically let him go and step as far away from him. He re-stands up and massages his arm, being quite dramatic about saying that I broke it. I rolled my eyes at him being a wuss at the moment.
"Then don't touch me if you didn't want to get hurt." My tone turned serious and was sharp and straight to the point. My words came out very "icy" and cold, though I do not always initially try to make it seem like that.
"I just wanted to catch your attention. I've been calling your name but you weren't responding." He was still holding onto his arm. My name? How does he know my name without me telling him? *Sigh* probably another damn rumor or something.
"Have you thought that maybe I didn't respond since I--oh I don't know--didn't want to?" My hands were on my hips again and I was in no mood to talk with this guy again.
"Well, I don't see that as the case. You seemed pretty spaced out. You were even about to go into the janitor's closet." What? I look at the door that I was about to open before and see the sign read "Janitor's Closet." I started to blush a little out of embarrassment and my heel, going to the correct direction this time. Leaving what's-his-face behind.
 
"BAEKHYUN's POV"
I just saw her in the hall and I do not know what came over me. I just felt compelled to call out to her. To gain her attention. To see her.
 
She started to walk away from me. Something just took over me, I don't know why I just shouted that out. My mind and mouth were not in sync. Since in the next second I said something I had a feeling I may regret:
"YOUR BOYFRIEND'S CHEATING ON YOU!" No one else was in the hallway besides the two of us, they were either already heading home or at their respected clubs.
She stopped in her tracks. She made no movement for a minute. This gave me the chance to catch up to her. I felt guilty for saying that aloud, but I knew that she would find out sooner or later. I just didn't think she wanted to find out from a person she just met.
I hold onto her shoulder since I thought she was in shock or sad to know the "truth" but as soon as I was about to place my hand on her shoulder to comfort her, her head shot up with a confused look. What?
"What boyfriend? I don't have one." She was now turned to me with a confused look on her face and awaiting me to respond. Once again, what?
"Ya'know, your boyfriend. The guy that always hangs out with you. With the blonde hair and all?" I felt a little embarrassed that I needed to explain this to her.
"My boyfriend..Ah. Now I see what you mean. He is not my boyfriend. He is my best friend." Her look of confusion soon turned to a soft and natural expression of happiness, as though she were remembering good times/memories. My heart started to ache again seeing her in such a happy state over someone else. I held onto my chest to calm it down a bit, yet my chest was still tensing up. I tried to put on my poker-face and gave her an understanding smile.
"Ah. Just your best friend. Do you like him?" I had to ask. I needed to know.
"Like him? Yes, I do like him.."She was still not looking at me but instead out the window to where it, coincidentally, showed a good view of the soccer field. I looked in the same direction as she, and saw the guy that I saw from before that was kissing that girl earlier. I turned to look back at Song Jieun and saw her eyes soften a bit, she had drasticly changed from before when her "icy" facade was up.
"Oh." I didn't know how to respond, I felt as though my heart was stomped on enough already.
"..He is my best friend after all. He is my dear friend." She said in a very soft voice. My eyes widened. So she only seems to like him as a friend? I inwardly cheered, thinking I may have a chance. I look at her and finally notice that her expression is not one of "love" but instead for "caring for a dear person." I gently smiled as I turned to look outside as well.
 
I have decided.
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
It feel a bit weirdtalking about Luhan so much. I notice that the guy standing next to me has stopped talking. I take a quick glance to my side, where he was standing, and saw he was smiling so naturally. I could sense he was a bit of a free-spirit. I could feel he was one of those happy people with greatness in their lives where ever they turn. How envious I am.
Looking at his gentle smile sorta made me feel comfort. He looked to me again and my eyes went back to looking outside. I hope he did not catch me accidentally staring. How horribly embarrassing that would be. My face started to heat up a bit from the thought.
"I need to go." I adjusted my bag and started to head back down the hall to the music room.
"WAIT!" The guy's voice made me pause in my tracks. I looked back and saw him looking straight at me in the eyes. In his eyes I saw a bit of worry, fear, yet some confidence showed through.
"What?" I said in a sharp tone. It sounded as though it unintentionally came out a lot meaner than I had meant.
"Go out with me." What? I was now fully facing him. Did I hear him correctly? Either way, I start to once again speak.
"I can not reciprocate nor accept your love. I am sor-"
"NO! I don't want to hear that!" He came up to me and got in my face. Our noses were almost touching and my eyes went wide upon the close contact.
"I-I am s-sorry. I d-do not f-feel the sa-"
"Stop!" He once again shouted. I jumped a bit and was a little scared. I even stuttered, which rarely ever happens. What's going on?!
"Then what do you want to hear?! I am just telling you-" I started to shout back, not knowing what this guy is asking for.
"Let me court you." He looked up to me with determination in his eyes. I could tell this guy was dead serious.
"I-uh..I don't even know who you are!" Wow, what a great excuse. But to be honest, he knew who I was yet I was stumped on who he was.
"I'm Byun Baekhyun. Junior in class B. And determined to be your boyfriend." He said this all in a serious and strong tone. Even though he looks weak, he seemed too serious at the time.
"Let me court you." He asked the same thing once again. I didn't know how to respond. Some of the men that have asked me out were never this determined. Usually when I first tell them "no" they take the answer and go. What is with this guy?
"Why will you not give up?" I asked, truly curious.
"I don't give up. Let me court you." He kept repeating the same thing.
"What if I say "no"?"
"I will still not give up and go for it." His seriousness was respectable, I knew he wasn't giving in anytime soon.
"Then if you plan to already go through with it, then why ask?"
"I want to give you a heads up. A heads up that I will try my best to make you look my way one day." He made some space between us by stepping back a bit.
I looked at him, not yet responding. I looked at him from top to bottom. Though he seems to have the fighting spirit, I believe this guy won't last. All I need to do is say "no" to him everytime he tries, right? Should not be too hard.
A grin starts to form along my lips. "Fine." With that simple word I turn around not saying another word.
" 'Fine' What?" He asks back.
I smile a bit to myself. "Fine, I allow it." Then begin to walk away again. I would like to see what this guy does. Maybe he may be different than the rest? Don't dissapoint me, Byun Baekhyun.
 
"BAEKHYUN's POV"
I stand there stunned before pumping my fist into the air. "YES!" I cheer out of victory. I look at Jieun's disappearing figure as she walks further away.
I have a determined smile on my face and my fist clenched.
I will be sure to make you look at me.
 
(next day)
I yawn loudly as I walk out of the house to go run some errands for my mom.
I stretch my arms up in the air. I was too hyped up about yesterday that I didn't sleep much.
 
My first stop is the grocery store. I walk in as I grab a basket.
I take out the list of things needed, from my jean's pocket. I scroll down the list of things and start my shopping then.
 
When about to go onto the check out line and pay for my groceries, in the corner of my eye I see someone familiar.
I turn around to see who just passed me. I look and see that it was...
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
Hana unnie and I are going to the market to buy groceries. I decided to tag along since I had nothing else to do, also it seemed Luhan needed some alone time.
 
"Okay, Jieun-ssi, this is the groceries list. To make things faster, lets split up and meet back at the front. Is that alright?" I just nodded at her plan and looked over the list before going off to find the first thing I needed to get.
 
As I walk down through the aisles, I see Baekhyun looking down on a piece of paper. My eyes widen for a second and unconsciously my heart rate begins to pick up. I decide to look the other way so we do not accidentally make eye contact. The encounter from yesterday flashed in my head again as his words replayed in my mind. A blush started to form across my face.
As we walk pass each other, I feel that he has seen me but I just keep on walking. I try to act as though I didn't even see him and was too immersed in shopping.
"SONG JIEUN!" I heard him shout out my name, I almost stopped. Almost. But I ignored him and kept walking.
"SONG JIEUN! SONG JIEUN!" He wouldn't stop shouting down the aisle. Is he mad?! Does he know he is in a public place?!
"SONG JIEUN SONG JIEUN SONG JIEUN SONG JIEUN SONG JIEEEUUUNNN!" He kept calling my name.
I finally turned around, cause I figured that was the only way it would make him shut up! My hands were on my hips(I feel that has become a habit now) and I icy glare was shot at him from at the end of the aisle.
He started to walk up to me with that "goofy" and cute smile of his. My glare never faltered, yet neither did his smile. His smile was contagious, I almost felt a little wave of giving up and smiling as well. Once again, almost.
"What do you want? Why the heck do you keep shouting?!" I scolded him as though he were a child. Since, in truth, he does act as one.
"I just wanted to see if it was you. And it was!" He smiled happily as he raised him arms up for emphasis. In truth, he looked like a jumpy, energetic puppy.
"What if it turned out to be it wasn't me?" I asked. Wouldn't he be embarrassed?
"I know it's you. As creepy as it sounds, of course I would know the one I love anywhere." His smile grew bigger and so did my blush. My face, neck, and ears felt warm.
"T-that's irrelevant. What are you doing here anyway?" I mentally face-palmed when I asked that. Of course he is here to shop. Ugh, what is this guy doing to me.
"Running some errands for my mom. I'm guessing you are shopping as well?"
"Yes."
"Cool! I'm done with shopping, maybe I can help you out with getting through your list faster. Are you here alone?" Oh God, that last thing I want is this guy following me around like a lost puppy.
"No, actually-"
"Jieun-ssi! Are you alright?! I heard your name being screamed!" I turned and saw Hana running towards me with worry over her features.
"I'm fine." I said. I looked over to Baekhyun and saw that he had a confused expression on as he saw Hana.
"That's good. Oh! Who is this young man?" Hana was standing beside me as she pointed straight to Baekhyun.
"This is-"
"I am Byun Baekhyun. I am a Junior and one of Jieun's suitors to being her boyfriend." He bowed politely.
"Oh my, a suitor? Jieun-ssi, you did not tell me this." Hana looked over at me with a huge smile and I could detect that she was giggling a bit.
"No, he is just an aquaintance from school. Nothing else." I said with a straight tone.
"Really? Hmm." Hana was now in her "thinking" pose. I never like it when she is in her "thinking" pose, since it always means trouble is a brewing.
"Ah! Now I remember!" Hana went over to Baekhyun and whispered something into his ear. I couldn't make out what she was saying. Oh boy.
 
"BAEKHYUN's POV"
Ms. Hana came over to me and went close to my ear. I was a bit scared yet curious as to what she was going to say.
"Hmm, seems like you are not the only suitor. You have some tough competition." She whispered. Competition? Who?
She backed away and I looked up at her with a confused expression. She just gave me a grin in return.
"Also, Jieun-ssi is a bit dense, so good luck. You're gonna need it." She said that aloud where Jieun could hear.
"HEY!" Jieun shouted, but Hana just giggled.
"You seem like a good guy. So I wish you the best of luck." She gave me an encouraging pat on the shoulder and wink before going off to stand beside Jieun again. I looked to Jieun and saw that she was a mixture of being annoyed and confused. She was pouting a bit and had her brows furrowed. I laughed a bit to myself at her cute expression. She just keeps doing things that make me want to hug her.
"Hana unnie, we have to do shopping, right? So lets go." Jieun seemed as though she wanted to get away as soon as possible. Jieun was already gone and probably off to another aisle while Hana gave me another smile before following.
I thought I saw a hint of a blush on Jieun, maybe it was just my imagination.
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
I start to quickly walk away from Baekhyun, before the heat in my face gets any worse.
"Why run away?" Hana unnie started to speed walk next to me as well.
"Just got too annoyed." My tone turned cold and one could tell I was not in the mood. Well, that's how I tried to make it seem.
"Sure, sure. Jieun-ssi, I have known you for too long. But the question is, do you know yourself? Have you noticed something different?" Know myself? Why would she ask such a thing. Of course I know who I am. I know myself better than anyone else.
"Of course, I know who I am." I said with a bit of a harsh tone. I did not mean to make it sound as mean as I did.
"Not what I mean. But, I suppose I am not in the right place to tell you. You should figure it out." Hana unnie started to walk ahead of me. I was left dumbfounded and didn't understand what she meant. I caught up to her then.
"What do you mean then? I do not fully understand. Please do tell me." My tone softened and curiousity over took me.
"I have a feeling you on't want to hear it." Is she testing me?
"Just tell me, please."
"Very well. I asked how well you know yourself. I believe you haven't paid close enough attention yet. Or maybe you are denying it. Have you noticed how different you seem to act since you met that boy from before? Byun Baekhyun, right? I think he is having an affect on you. Same as-"
"Stop. Just stop. Please." I knew who she was talking about. I just didn't want to hear his name.
"But, you even know it yourself." Hana stated.
"All the more reason why I did not want to associate myself with Baekhyun." I said in a low voice.
"All guys are different. How do you know that he is like him?" Hana argued.
"I can tell. Now lets end this discussion." I said nothing more and when Hana unnie tried to start up a conversation, I just ignored it and did not reply back.
 
When we returned home, I went straight up the stairs and went to my room. Slamming and locking the door. I fell onto my bed as my face was facing the ceiling. The artificial lighting was shining on me as my hands and arms were outstretched to semi-block out the light from shining in my eyes.
*drip* *drip* Unconsciously I felt my dears fall from the sides of my eyes and land on the comforter of my bed.
I closed my eyes, ultimately making more tears drip down.
The darkness engulfed me and sooner or later I drifted asleep...
 
( skips Sunday; now Monday )
The weekend felt as though it had come and gone.
It was not as relaxing at I had planned it would be. It gave me more stress than I had planned. I have not spoken to Luhan all weekend, to which I found odd considering I am use to him hanging around me. Hmm, sort of a lonely feeling.
 
I start walking up the street to school. Luhan was not at the front gates this morning, so I wonder if he is alright. We have first period together, so I will see for myself.
Today I plan to try and avoid that Baekhyun. I feel his presence is not good for my mental state nor heart. I calmly walk up on the side walk to the school gates. Until I feel someone slip their hand into mine. I look down and see that I was correct. I look up to the owner of the hand and see that it was none other than Byun Baekhyun. Well, there goes my plan of wanting to avoid him.
"Morning, Jieunnie~" Baekhyun smiled widely at me.
"Jieunnie?" That nickname struck me hard. I used to love being called that, but now I just feel sick whenever I hear it.
"Yea, it's a cute nickname, right? You can call me Baekkie if you want." I guess idiots think alike. He was not the first one to come up with such a bad nickname.
"I will not." I re-obtained my hand by pulling away from his grasp. His expression changed to one of sadness until he put on his happy appearance again. What can I do to make this guy go away?!
"Why are you here?" I plainly asked. I have never seen him take this route to school before.
"I live nearby. I saw you, so I thought we could walk to school together." His smile did not falter.
"What gave you the idea I would want to walk with you?" My cold tone and harsh words usually give people quite obvious hints to go away. But he did not leave my side.
"I never said you did. But, I want to walk with you." He smiled brightly at me again before re-grabbing my hand. "C'mon, we're gonna be late. Let's go!" He started to drag me by my arm to the school gates. He was running in front of me with his arm behind him to keep on holding my hand. What is up with this guy? Why can't he just take a hint?
 
"Yea, well thanks for walking me to school? So you can go to class now." I tried to be as straight forward as I could without hurting the guy too badly. Since I didn't want to straight up say 'Go away, you nuisance.' That would be too harsh. Wait. Did I just say 'too harsh'? I have never thought like that before. WHAT'S HAPPENING?!
"Nope, I am going to walk you to your class to. Since that is what a guy should do for the person he likes, right?" Before I could respond, he was dragging me now to my class. I told him to let go, but he was deaf to my orders.
 
We both stepped into the classroom and instead of everyone just being flat out silent. They were stunned and surprised as well. Heh, I inwardly laughed at their expressions as I outwardly rolled my eyes to them. Probably thinking how much Baekhyun and I contrast with each other. I looked to Baekhyun, thinking that he probably gets the hint to get out of the class and leave me alone if he doesn't want to be judged.
How wrong I was.
In the next second he shouted out, "Hey, Class A!! I'm Byun Baekhyun, if you don't already know! Don't hurt or make my Jieunnie sad, cause then I will not forgive you. I love my Jieunnie, so take care of her!!" Baekhyun pulled my arm towards him and slid his arm around my waist. He embraced me gently as I subtly tried to break free. He gave me a kiss on the head before he let go of me. He headed to the door and walked out after waving goodbye to the class.
Everyone, even myself, was stunned and confused as to what just happened. But a little later, everyone broke into laughter. Laughing out phrases such as "Classic Baekhyun." or "Haha, Oh my gosh, Baekhyun really does lighten up the mood."
Some even started to come up to me "apologizing" for Baekhyun's rowdy and somewhat childish behavior. People that usually kept their distance and "feared" me, were now patting me on the back and talking casually to me. I started to blush a little bit from the close contact and from so many people being around me. Just because of Baekhyun.
 
"LUHAN's POV"
Our classmates started to swarm around Jieun. Openly talking to her and laughing with her. I could see a hint of a blush on Jieun's face. I could tell she felt a bit out of place with so many talking to her casually.
I smiled to myself a bit at witnessing Jieun socalize freely with the others. I was glad to see her happy. But, my heart wrenched as the thought of that Baekhyun kissing and hugging Jieun, replayed in my mind. My chest tensed up and I was close to standing up from my seat once he pulled her towards him. I felt bad vibes from that guy. But...I take a look back at Jieun with the others and smile a bit...I am glad that he was able to make her smile. However, that doesn't mean I am giving up.
 
"BAEKHYUN's POV"
I started to quickly run down the hall to my class.
Jieun, I can tell that you don't have your heart set on me yet. But that won't stop me to keep trying.
I can tell that you seem to be a bit distant and cold at first, but that won't prevent me from holding you close and wanting to make you smile brightly.
Jieun, seeing you smile makes me want to smile as well. Holding you close makes me want to never let go.
I know that someone else likes you, I don't know who it is. But whoever they are doesn't matter. Cause I sure as hell do not plan on giving up.
 
"SONG JIEUN's POV"
I sneezed a bit. I feel as though someone is talking about me. I get a bad feeling that something is starting, and somehow I am caught in the middle of it.
Oh gosh, I just hope that I know what I am doing when the time comes.
I look around me and see people smiling and laughing. Talking with me normally and calling out my name. My expression softens as I smile a bit to myself.

For now, I just want to enjoy the moment.
 
 
AUTHOR'S NOTE.
So this was my first one shot! I wrote a lot a lot a lot and all in one chapter :P so new to me  TT o TT
I was pretty much switching ideas here and there when I was writing this xP so sorry if it ><
Anyways, I hoped you liked it! I decided to end it the way I did, cause I thought it would make things interesting that way! And so no fights would break out... I did not make an "official" end, since if I went any longer it would just be dragging on and soon turn into a whooole long essay or story that is squished in one chapter. I ended it like so also cause it means that the two are now still fighting over Jieunnie. But, her heart is yet to be set.
Btw, I am not an EXOPink shipper, I just needed to use someone :L sorry...
If you want me to do a sequel(or not) or make a series out of it, tell me in the comments belooooww!
Please give me feed back and tell me how you felt about this little one shot ^^
Uhh..sorrry for rushing a lot of things, since usually I am used to making long lengthy stories, so sorry for squishing a lot together and speeding up the whole process xP
That's it really.
 
Ta-ta for now~
-Panda3093-