Final

My Two Best Friends

It's a really nice day to have a picnic,Eunji thinks,while walking to the bathroom and wash up herself.

Today,she has a picnic date with Daehyun and Amber ,her two childhood friends since 7 years old.

And now,Daehyun and Amber are a couple.

Eunji slightly sighs,there's no reason for the sweet little two to invite her to their picnic date,she'll be like a extra person there.

She can even imagine, Daehyun and Amber will be sticking each other like chewing gum and...she will be that 'light pole' standing far away from them.

Huh,she wants to reject that date but...

Daehyun will be there too.

So she will just go and stay away from them.

 

 

"Eunji ah,here!"Amber waves happily to Eunji who is still finding their picnic place.

"Ah,it's so hot here!"Eunji runs to Amber and complains.

"So we picked a shady place!Right Daehyun?"Amber looks at Daehyun sweetly.

"I better walk around and get myself some fresh air."Eunji says then quickly walks away.

"Remember to come back when you're hungry,Eunji!"Amber adds.

"Okay."Eunji answers without turning her head back,she puts on her earphone and listens to her MP4.

She picks a bench that can have a view of the beach then sits on it.Soft music flows through her ear,and slowly to her heart,and slowly...

She falls asleep.

 

 

When Eunji wakes up,she found herself laying on Daehyun's shoulder.

"Omo!"Eunji screams and found that Amber is laying on the other side of Daehyun's shoulder.

"Why are you screaming?"Amber asks.

"I thought...I fell asleep on the bench...?"Eunji asks.

"Well,yes you did fall asleep on the bench,but your head is falling to the side so...!To prevent your head falling to the side,we decided to let you lay on Daehyun's shoulder."Amber says.

Eunji looks at Daehyun suspiciously,but Daehyun smiles widely to Eunji.

"Now you're awake,and we can go for a walk along the beach.Right Daehyun?"Amber asks,Daehyun looks at Amber then nods sweetly.

"Bye!"Amber and Daehyun waves to Eunji then walks to the beach.

"Bye..."Eunji waves back.

Looking at Amber and Daehyun holding hands and walking on the sand sweetly,Eunji sighs.

The reason she screamed,it's because...

It's because she's blushing just now.

As a friend,she never lays on Daehyun's shoulder,and now...

She lied on his shoulder!!That's why she blushed so hard.

And now...she's hungry.

 

 

"Nomnomnomnomnom..."Eunji is eating a sandwich made of tuna and oat bread.Although Amber is Daehyun's girlfriend(plus Eunji is a little jealous),but her skills of making sandwich is AMAZING.

While Eunji is enjoying her sandwich...

 

 

"Help!!Help!!"It's Daehyun voice!!

Eunji quickly puts down her sandwich then runs to the beach.

Daehyun is standing on the sand yelling for help,and Amber...

She's drowning in the sea!!

Eunji quickly jumps into the sea and swims to Amber.

Amber is waving her hands like crazy,Eunji holds her neck then quickly swims to the land.

"Amber!!"Daehyun runs to Amber when Eunji saved her.

"Are you okay?"Daehyun cups Amber's face and asks worriedly.

"I'm...I'm okay..."Amber says weakly.

Looking at this situation,Eunji sighs in relieve then walks back to their picnic place.

"Awwww..."Eunji feels a little pain on her right arm.

She takes a look,then feels shocked!

A wound that she got long time ago starts bleeding!!!!!Maybe just now...

"Aish..."Eunji gets a little frustrated then walks away.

 

 

"Where's Eunji?"Amber asks when she looks around.

"Yeah,where is she?"Daehyun asks curiously.

"Let me call her."Amber suggests.

 

 

"Happy Birthday to you~My beautiful lover~Baby only for you~"Eunji's ringtone plays in the taxi.

"Miss,do you want to pick up your phone?"The taxi driver asks caringly.

"Yes,but..."

"Let me take your phone for you."The taxi driver stops the taxi beside the road then takes Eunji's phone,presses the 'Answer' button.

"Eunji!Where are you?"Amber asks in a worried tone.

"Uh...I'm going back home..."

"We can take you back,Eunji!Now where are you?"

"I'm taking a taxi and is now on the way home,I'll be okay."

"Really?"Amber asks.

"Yes."

"Okay,we will meet you at your house,bye!"Amber says then hangs up the phone.

"Thank you."Eunji takes her phone and says.

"You're welcome."The taxi driver says then continue drives the taxi.

 

 

-At home-

Eunji is trying to bandage her wound as fast as she could,she don't want Amber and Daehyun to be worried about her when they see her.

After bandaging her wound,Eunji changes into a long sleeve shirt to cover her wound.

And so coincidence...

"Ding Dong!!"

 

 

"Eunji!Are you okay?"Amber grabs Eunji's hands and asks.

"Ah...I'm okay..."Eunji tries to bear the pain of her wound because Amber is pressing it.

"Can we have a sit inside?"Daehyun who barely talks suddenly asks.

"Uh,of course!"Eunji stands aside to make way for Amber and Daehyun.

"We are so worried about you,you know..."Amber starts her nagging.

"Amber ah,I...I feel a little tired,I...I will go to sleep for a while.You can leave whenever you want."Eunji says then walks to upstairs.

"O...okay..."Amber stutters.

 

 

Eunji walks to her room then lays on her bed,the strength that she used today to save Amber is making her exhausting.

Soon,she falls asleep.

 

 

"Daehyun ah,I will go upstairs and check Eunji for a while."Amber says.

"Let me go and check her.Today you already suffered a lot of shock,so let me go,okay?."Daehyun says then walks up the stairs.

Daehyun slowly and softly opens Eunji's door,then takes a peek inside.

Looking at Eunji sleeping soundly,Daehyun smiles.

"Uh?"Daehyun seems to see something then softly walks into Eunji's room.

What's this?Daehyun mentally asks when he sees a little part of bandage leaks out from Eunji's long sleeve.

When he slowly pulls down that long sleeve,his eyes widened.

A long piece of bandage with some blood on it sticks on Eunji's arm,Daehyun is totally surprised when he saw that bandage.

Did Eunji get hurt just now?Because of saving Amber?

Poor Eunji...Daehyun thinks while pulling back that long sleeve,but then stops his action.

So familiar,that wound's place...

 

 

"How is Eunji?"Amber asks when she sees Daehyun.

"She is sleeping soundly,I guess she's really tired."Daehyun says.

"Maybe today she used a lot of strength to save me."Amber says.

"Let's go,we better don't disturb Eunji."Daehyun says.

"Yeah,let's go."Amber and Daehyun walks out of Eunji's house then closes the door.

 

 

-At night-

Daehyun sends Amber home then drives back to his own house.

He steps in his house,eyes fixed on the drawings on the wall.

These are drawings drawn by himself,these are memories between he and Amber.

 

 

-Flashback-

"Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!Help me!!!!Help me!!!!"Young Daehyun screams in the swimming pool,his leg hurts because of cramping.

"Let me save you!!"A little girl jumps into the swimming pool and pulls Daehyun to the edge of the swimming pool.

"Thank...thank you..."Daehyun says to the little girl.But then Daehyun notices a long wound on that little girl's arm.

"Does it hurt?"Daehyun asks.

"It's okay,it doesn't even hurt!"The little girl says cheerfully.

"Really?"Daehyun asks.

"Yes it's okay,because doing a good deed everyday never hurts!!"The little girl says  happily then runs away.

-Flashback ends-

 

 

That little girl is Amber.Amber saved him who is scared about water and he sweared that he never wanted to step into any swimming pools anymore.

That wound,looks familiar to the wound that he found on Eunji's arm.

"I never heard that Eunji has a wound like that..."Daehyun mumbles.

 

 

-The next day-

"Here."Daehyun passes a plastic bag to Eunji.

"What is it?"Eunji asks while taking a look inside the plastic bag.

"It is some ointment,I saw your wound on your arm yesterday."

"Oh..."

"Did you got that wound because of yesterday's matter?"

"U-uh...y-yes...."Eunji stutters.

"Oh..."Daehyun suspiciously looks at Eunji after he heard Eunji's answer.

 

 

-Flashback-

"Hi!!!"A little girl with long brown hair says happily to Daehyun when he walks into his kindergarten class.

"Hi!!!Aren't you...the girl who saved me?"Daehyun says.

"Yes I am!!!"The little girl says happily.

"How is your wound?"Daehyun caringly asks.

"It's okay,look!"The little girl shows Daehyun her wound.The wound is a little brownish,means that it's almost recovered.

"So...you study here?"Daehyun asks.

"Yup!!You too?"The little girl asks.

"Yes!!!!!"Daehyun says,then he cheers happily with the little girl and hop around.

-Flashback ends-

 

 

Amber and him met in the kindergarten,then they met Eunji.

What a wonderful meeting for these three childhood friends.

"Why...Amber and Eunji have the same wound?"Daehyun mumbles,then Amber hops to him.

"Daehyun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"Amber yells.

"You scared me!!!"Daehyun pouts.

"Sorry..."Amber touches Daehyun's hair and says softly.

"It's okay."Daehyun smiles.

"Let's go home!"Amber says.

"Okay."Daehyun smiles again then holds Amber's hand.

 

 

"This girl..."Daehyun mumbles,his hand gently touches Amber's hair who is asleep on his thigh.

His eyes suddenly fixed on Amber's arm.

Amber's arm is fair and...

Smooth like silk?!

There's no wound on Amber's hand!!!!!

 

 

Daehyun walks into his house,the fact that he saw just now is still a big shock to him.

How could that be?!

 

Amber's arm has no wound?!

Logically,that kind of wound will leave a scar on the arm,but...

What happen?!

Suddenly,Amber's image in Daehyun's brain becomes into Eunji...

 

 

"Daehyun!!!"Amber runs to Daehyun while screaming happily.

"Amber ah..."Daehyun says.

"What happen?"Amber notices Daehyun's strange tone.

"Can I ask you a question?"Daehyun asks.

"Ask what?"Amber is feeling strange.

"Did you save me in a swimming pool when I was young?"

 

 

"No,why?"Amber asks.

"No?"Daehyun is a little disappointed.

"I can't even swim,how could I save you that time?"

"You don't know how to swim?"

"Yeah,the only one who knows how to swim among three of us is Eunji!"

 

 

"Amber,I have something to say..."

"What is it?"

"I...I made a very big mistake..."

"A mistake?"

"I...I got you mixed with Eunji..."

"What?"

"I fell into a public swimming pool around my house when I was 7 years old...A little girl saved me that time...And I liked her..."

"And that girl is Eunji?"

"...Y-Yes..."

"Ah,I think I know the whole thing."

"Huh?"

"You thought that girl is me,so you asked me to be your girlfriend,and...all of these happen."

"..."

"I give up."

"Huh?"

"Let's break up."

"Amber..."

"I can't sacrifice your happiness,and I wish that you can be happy."

"Amber..."

"If you are happy,I will be happy,that is the only thing I could say."

 

 

 

 

 

-One year later-

"Eunji ah,how much have you prepared?"

"I brought some fruits and salads,and something you like!!Guess what is it?"

"Cheesecake?"

"Bingo!!"

"Wow!!!Cheesecake!!!!"

"You can eat it later,now focus on driving,Jung Daehyun!!"

 

 

"Eunji~~"

"Yeesh,what are you doing?"

"One peck,just one peck,okay?"

"...Just one peck."

"Chu~!Chu!"

"Yah!!Jung Daehyun!! I said just one peck!!"

"Lalalalalala~~"

"Yah~!!!!Jung Daehyun~~!!!!"

 

 

"Jung Eunji!!Jung Daehyun!!Why are you two so late?"Amber asks angrily.

"Sorry Amber,the reason that we were late...you must ask this guy."Eunji points at Daehyun.

"Now you see that Daehyun is the one who is being late right?Not me Jagiya~~"A man sitting beside 

Amber says with an aegyo tone.

"Yah!Kris Wu!!You,shut up~!"Amber says with a angry tone,but Eunji can hear the sweetness in her voice.

 

 

"Amber ah,you shall treat Kris better,don't always scold at him."

"Eunji ah,you shall treat Daehyun better,don't always scold at him."

"Amber~!!"

"Eunji~!!"

Suddenly two of them keep quiet,after a while two of them laugh like crazy.

"Yah~Do all women treat their boyfriends like that?"Eunji asks.

"Maybe~"Amber says.

"Even though my boyfriend seems perfect in others' eyes,but to me..."Amber says.

"He's a total jerk."

"It happens on me too!!"Eunji almost screams.

"I guess,our boyfriends are doing this only to us,right?"

"Actually...it's because they love us,so they're willing to let us scold them as jerks."

"Daehyun said that to you?"

"Nope,I realized that myself."

"Maybe?"

Amber and Eunji laugh happily,Kris and Daehyun who are standing far way look at them suspiciously.

"Kris,do you think that they are crazy?"

"Yes,maybe."

"Let me tell you a secret....Actually,I only make pranks on Eunji."

"Me too...I only do aegyo to Amber.Although she doesn't really like it,but I'm willing to do it to her everyday."

"Same feeling with me.My Eunji doesn't like pranks,but she like pranks made by me."

"Really?"

"I guess so."

Suddenly,Kris and Daehyun laugh happily too.

Now Eunji and Amber look at them suspiciously.

"What are they talking?"

"Probrably y girls,or y bodies..."

"Jerks."

Amber and Eunji laugh again.Looking at Daehyun,Eunji smiles.

 

 

"In the past,I got two best friends."

"And now,one of them is still my best friend."

"What about the other one?"

"He becomes MY JERK."