End

Love Blossom

“I know I’ve said it umpteenth times already today, but God knows I’m just happy. Happy Birthday to my lovely girlfriend who turns 23 today,” Sehun said. “I wish you nothing but the best. And also, I wish I could spend my entire life with you until death break us apart.” Sangmi smiled sweetly as she then circled her arms around Sehun’s neck, kissing his boyfriend on the lips.

 

It was Sangmi’s birthday and all the people knew how Sehun loves to spent his money to makes his girlfriend happy. The party was thrown in one of the biggest club in Seoul and everyone was barely sober from glasses of whiskey and wine. Sangmi had her body against the sofa with Sehun hovered on top of her, shoving his tongue down into .

 

“Bet Sangmi and Sehun will end up in the hotel and tomorrow she can’t walk properly because overused.” Aerin laughed.

“Really? I don’t think Sangmi will be alone though,”

“What do you mean, Hanin?” Hanin moved her gaze across their table where there two guys sat and laughing at however things they talked about. “You see them? Suho and Chen if I’m not wrong, they’re Sehun’s friends.”

“What about them?” Aerin asked while shipping her wine.

“Suho been checking on you since we arrived here, you know. Don’t be an innocent while you’re not,” Hanin gulped down her wine and then realized that Chen was staring at her.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

The clock showed 7.30A.M when she walked out from the bathroom. Dressing, she thought about what she should cook when suddenly Chen’s image from last night flashed on her mind.

She didn’t know anything about the guy, only he was one of Sehun’s friends. It surprised her when suddenly he smiled towards her. Usually it was Aerin who took all the attention, being a half Korean and Germany she was. But last night, Chen was smiling to her and even raised his glass towards her.

 

“Maybe he just was being kind.” She mumbled to herself.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

The day ran like usual except the absence of Sangmi in the morning class. Hanin knew exactly why the latter skipped the lecturer and she didn’t need to send her text because right after the bell rang, her phone buzzed and there was a message from Sangmi.

 

“If you wondering where I am I’m in the canteen with Sehun. Come here fast because there’s something I need to tell you.”

 

 

 

 

Hanin thought it would be just Sangmi, Sehun and her but turned out there were Seohae and Chanyeol, Aerin and Suho−which Hanin guessed they became a thing after Sangmi’s party, and also Chen.

 

“Did I miss something?” Hanin asked once she sat beside Sangmi.

“Aerin and Suho is an official now,” Sangmi excitedly said. “So now, Suho is going to treat us.”

 

To say she’s out of the place was an understatement. Actually, she felt like she’s going to die because she was the only one who didn’t have a boyfriend whilst the other had.

 

“You’re Hanin, right?” She turned her head only to greet by Chen’s smiling face. “I’m Chen, nice to meet you.” He held out his hand and she took it for a handshake. “Nice to meet you too, Chen.” She said, smiling.

They pulled their hands afterwards and became silent. Hanin wasn’t type who likes to start a conversation moreover with a stranger. She was the type who will open and started blabbering if she met with a person who clicks with her. And now, she chose to be a good listener instead.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

The table covered with floor and her hand busy whisked the dough. It was another cooking time and Hanin found peace whenever she spent her time to make something new to experiment with. Today’s classes were enough to give her a headache and the only thing that could relieve her from stress was cooking.

Hanin put the dough on the brass, starting to mold and garnished it beautifully. She didn’t know what she would do with the cookies once she has done to bake it. Sometimes it left untouched, sometimes she would give it to her friends, and sometimes she would eat all of it.

She put the tray carefully on the oven and set the timer. She leaned on the table when suddenly someone surprised her.

 

“Hey,”

 

There stood Chen on the door, smiling widely. “We meet again,” Hanin just stared at him when he entered the cooking room. “What are you doing here?”

“Cooking, obviously.” She rolled her eyes. “And what are you doing here?”

“I was about to going to home from vocal practice and I see you here.” He smiled.

Hanin looked at him quizzically, thinking that musical room was in another building with cooking room. “Are you baking cookies now?” She followed his gaze and nodded. “Can I try it?” Hanin wanted to refuse but suddenly the oven beeping.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

She didn’t know why every times she spent her time for cooking Chen always showed up and he ended up trying at whatever she cooked or baked. At first, she would just stare him while he ate or just listening to his blabbering. But now, it wasn’t him who usually starts the conversation; it was Hanin who would start the topic.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“This tastes wonderful, Hanin.” Hanin ducked her head, smiling shyly. “Thank you.” She whispered.

“You should join Master Chef you know,” Chen suggested while munching the last cookies.

“I don’t think I would pass though. I’m still not good enough.” Hanin muttered while passing Chen a glass of water.

Chen gulped down his water and then looked straight into Hanin’s eyes, “Lee Hanin,” Hanin gulped. The way Chen calling her name somehow sent shiver to her body. His eyes, it pierced deep down her heart as it thumped like a drum under her ribcage. “You shouldn’t look down on yourself,” He said. “You’re an amazing cooker that I ever met in this world, beside my mother of course.” And she burst out laughing.

“Thank you … for the compliment,”

“You’re welcome.” He grinned. “And you know, I think it won’t be good if we always have a date in here. How about we go somewhere tomorrow? My treat of course,” Hanin looked at Chen and blushed furiously once she took the meaning of Chen’s words. She was too stunned to even produce a word so she just nods. “Great. I’ll text you tomorrow.” With that Chen bid goodbye and winked to her.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Hanin didn’t know how Chen could have her number and her class schedule because every times he sent a message, it was right after the bell rings signaling the class is over.

Their date was like a typical date everyone have, go to movie then eat and going home. But it changed as they were no longer go to movie, instead they went to bakery shop or to a candy shop. Sometimes Chen would bring her to go to café where they serve various cakes and cookies. And sometimes they went into a Western restaurant or Italian or Japanese and Hanin knew it didn’t cost cheap. But no matter how hard she tries Chen would end up paid for both of them.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“Chen, why are you always brought me to a food place?”

“Oh, isn’t the reason obvious?” Hanin shook her head. “It’s because you’re a cooker. I mean, my mother always loves to go to a new place to taste new foods and later she would try to make it at home. So I guess if I take you to a food place you’ll get a new inspiration?” Her cheeks painted pink as she muttered a soft thank you to him.

“I always want to have someone like you as a wife, Hanin. So every time I come home from work, there’ll be always you and your homemade cooking. And I think it would be enough for me.”

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“I saw you with Chen yesterday.” Hanin snapped her head and saw Sangmi smiling mischievously at her. “Why are you hiding your relationship with him? I thought we were friends?” Sangmi pouted.

“I … We’re just friends, Sangmi.” Hanin tried to explain.

“Lie. I can say that you’re in love with Chen because the way you smile and blush, well, I never see that part of yours.” Sangmi stated.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

Sangmi’s words kept ringing on her head like a mantra. Did she love Chen in that way? What exactly love means? She even didn’t know what it feels like when loving someone. The thing that she knew is her heart would always skip a beat whenever Chen smiled, her cheeks would blush whenever Chen compliment her cooking skill, she would laugh whenever Chen laughed, and her body would feel so warm whenever Chen held her hand so tightly.

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

She got a message from Chen that he would be waiting for her in musical room. She sent a reply, asking why he wanted to meet her in there. But she got no answer and when she tried to reach him by calling his phone, it was off.

 

The room was dark and the only lights illuminated were from the stage. Hanin walked closer and was about to call Chen when the said guy appeared.

“Hi, Hanin.”

He was like a blinding sight in Hanin’s eyes. He wore a white suit and his hair styled, God, Hanin thought she would fainted right now because Chen is so breathtaking.

“I’m sorry for asking you to go here but there’s something that I need to tell you.” Hanin could see the nervousness in Chen’s eyes and how his hand shook slightly. “You could sit there while enjoying the show.” So she sat and there were another guys walked into the stage, Chanyeol, holding a guitar and Baekhyun−that Hanin remembered he was Sangmi’s bestfriend.

 

Chanyol strummed the guitar and Hanin knew what the song is.

 

I like you so much and I want to tell you
But I don’t have the courage
I like you too and I want to tell you
But I don’t have the courage

*I want to tell you that I love you
I’m afraid that if I hold it in and don’t make a move
You’ll just leave
We just keep worrying

I’m going to control my fluttering heart
And tell you how I feel today
I’m going to muster up my courage too
And tell you how I feel today

*I want to tell you that I love you
I’m afraid that if I hold it in and don’t make a move
You’ll just leave
We just keep worrying


When my eyes meet yours, I become flustered and turn away
When I stand in front of you, I turn red like a fool
I love you
I practiced these words over and over again
But I can’t even say it

*I want to tell you that I love you
I’m afraid that if I hold it in and don’t make a move
You’ll just leave
We just keep worrying

 

As the song ended, Chen opened his eyes and smiled to her. The way Chen’s voice harmonized with Baekhyun and with Chanyeol played the guitar, it was just perfect. Hanin could only clap her hands as words couldn’t describe how she mesmerized by them.

 

“Hanin,” Chen stood up and started to walk down from the stage, towards her. “I know we only met for a while but I couldn’t help this feeling whenever I see you. That time, in Sangmi’s party, I was spellbound at the first sight. You’re so quiet but when you’re with your friends, you can smile and laugh so freely and that time I think, you’re so beautiful.” Chen suddenly bent down on his knee in front of Hanin.

 

“Lee Hanin, would you be my girlfriend?”

 

 

 

*

 

 

 

“I’m so happy that you finally dating with Chen.”

Hanin chuckled, “Thank you, Sangmi. Thank you.”

“I wish you could last long with him because Chen is a kind person.”

“Yeah, I know.” Hanin smiled. “It feels like I’m the luckiest girl in this world to have him as a boyfriend.”

“But before I forget about this, you should seriously tie your boyfriend because I don’t want him disturbing my time with Sehun again.”

Hanin looked at her friends questioningly, “What do you mean?”

“Don’t you feel it weird when Chen suddenly showed up in the cooking room and started to hanging out there with you? And when suddenly he texted you while you hasn’t given your number to him?” Hanin just shook her head and Sangmi let a tired sigh. “Chen, that boyfriend of yours, is always come to Sehun’s apartment in such a wrong time only to bugging me about your information. And he actually blackmailing me and Sehun if I said I don’t want to help him.” Hanin’s jaw dropped as Sangmi continued. “He said that time he finally found his love when he saw you. He knew that you’re the right person for him to spend his life with.” And Hanin could only blush.

 

 

a/n : i don't know what is this teehee