Chapter 1

Marriage For Debt
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As his eyes slowly adjusted to the dim lights in the room, he realized there was a small fire burning on one side of the wall, surrounded by a huge, brown couch and a rocking chair. He looked to his left and found Anna, his fiance was sitting there while bowing her head.

 

It took him by surprise when he saw her presence in his house as he arrived back home from work. He wondered why did she come to his house that late when the fact that they were not allowed to meet each other until the wedding day arrived.

 

Immediately, he put down his bag on the living room's table as he slowly approached his fiancee who's still didn't notice his arrival.

 

"Hey babe, why did you come here? Is there something happening at your house or did you miss me that bad?" he joked but his humor didn't affect her at all.

 

She clenched her fist and bit her lower lips so that she won't pounce at him at that time or not he will be dead by now. She was so furious inside seeing him so calm like he never did anything wrong behind her back. But then again, she thought that she shouldn't attack him just like that. She needed some explanation from him if she didn't want the conversation that they were having ended in an ugly situation.

 

"I need to tell you something," she said firmly; trying not to have any eye contact with Sehun. There was a slight tremble in her voice but she tried so hard to hide it.

 

He froze for like a minute, maybe thinking what will she told him until she's willing to come to his house that late. He suddenly felt uneasy about it when he realized that serious look she had on her face.

 

Slowly he walked toward her direction and sat down just beside her.

 

"What is it, babe? Is there something that bothering you right now?" he asked as he brushed away her hair that nearly covered her side face to the back of her ear. She couldn't hide her expression anymore because she's so hurt inside.

 

Her eyes started to become glassy so she bowed her head down and immediately broke into tears. She was not strong enough to face reality and it's hurt so much. She cried and cried as loud as she could.

 

He froze. Quickly he pulled her into his embrace and patted her head gently.

 

"Shh..it's okay babe it's okay...I'm here," he said as he hummed a song to keep her calm but she couldn't calm. She's so angry inside and her heart broke into a million little pieces at that time.

 

"How could you...how could you cheated on me!" she said between her cries.

 

Sehun snapped. He stopped patting her head and she could feel his heartbeat really fast than its usual phase.

 

She raised her face up to look at him with her glassy eyes.

 

Seeing him bowing his head in guilty, she's pretty sure that she was right about him. He didn't even try to deny it when the fact she was hoping he would deny her words. Not that she wanted him to lie but she was hoping that she was wrong by assuming Sehun was cheating on her.

 

Slowly, she lifted his chin up to face her but he still can't look at her in the eyes. She barely can think straight at that time. Seeing him in silence like this really broke her heart; a lot. It's like a flame has burnt through everything that she believed in.
 

 

"Do I look that cheap to you?!" she asked him in anger. But still, he didn't answer any of her questions and just sat there in silence. His silence seemed to tear her apart making the situation that they were in became more unbearable as time passed by.

 

She really wanted to slap that face of his and threatened him to speak the truth but she can't. She loves him so much. She does but she can't marry someone who was not fully in love with her. She's in despair and she can't think straight right now. It seems like her dream of becoming his wife has crushed. Little by little her fantasy love started to collapse.

 

"I'm hurt," she said to break the silence that they were in.

 

"We are getting married the day after tomorrow Sehun. Did you realize that? I thought that the reason that you wanted to marry me was because you love me. But I was wrong." She took a deep breath before she continued her words.

 

"I love you so much..." she said with a low voice as her tears slowly broke down like a mainstream.

 

Sehun snapped. His mouth was widely gapped. He looked at her in disbelief. It was something that he can never believe to happen but it did. He didn't believe that she would fall for him although all this time he was faking it when he treated her so nicely.

 

He wanted to say something to her but it was so hard for him to let the words out from his mouth.

 

She cannot bear to stay there longer with him so she took the courage to tell him straight to the point. 

 

"I know that I'm not your choice but you should at least

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter