~1~

Red Strings Attached

(A/N) So...the character mini-profs. in the foreword are terribly organized, but it's just enough for you to get the basics about these wonderful mind-children of mind. I promise to fix it soon.

Chapter stats:

1108 Words

6145 Characters

77 Paragraphs

Sujin's POV


President of the astrology club. Writer for the school newspaper for the horoscope section. Strong believer in zodiac and chinese signs. Yep, that's me, Sujin. I prefer to spend my time behind a desk or a computer than in front of other people. Unless you're my best friend Nichole, that is. I am one of those people that almost everyone knows about, but no one really knows on a personal level. They mainly know me as "Sujin, the smart honor student who runs an amazing section and successful club", "Sujin, the horrible romantic who spends her 'off-days' reading romance novels and fantasicing about being with the man her dreams"...

Around here, social status is everything. If you're rich, beautiful, foreign, a combanation of any or all of the above, you're mainly considered "1st class". Even though you dont get official perks (since it isn't an official status), the "lower classmen" will mainly let you get away with anything in their books. 

Did you try to take lunch money from the poor nerd that talks to her pencils? Even though she may look upset on the outside, chances are she forgave you instantly and in fact feels honored that you even considered harrasing her. 

If you are pretty, but you have a personality trait or talent that makes you stand out (in a good way) you are "2nd class". Following with the example above, even though you aren't as high as the 1Cs, you still get pretty much of the same advantages they do...only toned down a little. People will notice and take offense of your actions.

And lastly, if you are average-looking and smart, with no traits, money, or connections (basically me), you are "3rd class". You don't have to worry about anyone taking offense to your actions because you're probably the one that is taking the offense! HA! 

Of course, 1Cs only interact with other 1Cs, 2Cs with other 2Cs and so on. All of my friends are on the same level as me...well all except for Nichole.

In fact, we don't know where she stands.

She's amazingly gorgeous and she was born in England, so you would think she would be in the 1Cs. But, because she's bipolar and doesnt talk much, most 1Cs want nothing to do with her. And due to her having nothing else going for her but her looks and brains, some consider her a 3C. 

So she goes with it. And we met. And we've been friends  ever since.

It was last Friday at lunch when we had heard the news. Well, it wasn't much, but it was about as much as the 2Cs were going to tell us. Apparently some famous boy was going to start school here starting tomorrow (and by tomorrow, I mean the current one...not last Friday's tomorrow). He had been accepted to the equally prestigious Republic of Korea Youth High School, but he decided here was as close as he could get to a normal life without going to some strange run-down school. The 1C girls warned the  girls--who, in turn, warned us--to not talk to him at all. If he wanted a good first impression, it was better we stayed still with our mouths shut and just let them handle everything.

Like. Always.

So, the next day, Nichole and I planned meeting him at the front gates to greet him first. We always do this when we recieve a statement like that from the upper classmen. Naturally, I knew we weren't going to follow through with said plan and we were just going to stay in the far back of the crowd and hope nobody will notice that we didn't really belong there. The crowd was full of excited whispers and giggles from eager girls waiting to greet the new guy. The female leader of the 1Cs, Lee Ahreum, stood with her hands crossed and face tight towards the other girls. She barked instructions on how to act when he arrived like some sort of military general, then turned around.

I imagined she had already painted that fake smile of hers on.

Soon, the limo had arrived. Leave it to a celebrity to make his entrance known. The girls grew more excited as he stepped out of the car. However, instead of smiling and gloating like I thought he was going to do, his face was somewhat emotionless and he made no actions at all. He starred at Ahreum for about 3 seconds, then started to walk through the crowd. Ahreum, who had just recovered from the shock of sudden eye contact, raced her way towards him.

Nichole's grip tightened around my arm. They were pretty close to where we were.

"Um, hi. My name is Lee Ahreum. I'd like to welcome you to Geoseong Academy on the behalf of the student body. If you would like, I could show you...around the...school..." she said.

He turned to her, confused, "Why you?"

"Well...um since this school is sort of divided, and I'm pretty much the highest you can get...I consider us equals."

"Equals? Equals? I've been singing, acting, and modeling since the age of 3 and I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have survived in this world without daddy's money. You consider us equal? I'll just find my own guide." he retorted. I grinned, amazed at the rare sight I was seeing: someone finally putting Ahreum in her nasty place.

For added effect, he leaned in closer to her face, "If that's okay with you." Ahreum was at lost for words, but pretty soon, dozens of girls surrounded the boy to volunteer. 

"Aigoo...he's so tall. It's like a giant tree surrounded by ugly, rich shrubs." I joked. Nichole and I laughed rather loudly, since we assumed our voices were drowned out by the commotion in front of us.

"I choose her." the young male said. 

The noise stopped. I abruptly stopped laughing and looked up.

He was pointing at me.


(A/N) Oh, you guys expected this ending? My clever little Nabi...you get smarter and smarter every day. Well expect this whole story to be pretty damn predictable since the whole "love is fate" storyline is as old as my grandma. But please continue to love me as I enter the downward spiral of my fanfiction career.

PS: Wow , okay, um....Kim Sora has to be the most beautiful person alive right now *imo* okay she is my offical girl crush