Prologue

The more I love you..

Sungjong POV
A very grim expression is surrounding the dark circles under my eyes as I put my ballpoint pen on the scary looking white paper. I can do this. In the past couple of days (and nights for that matter) I have studied all the required materials, and even the materials that weren’t exactly required. This exam should be a breeze for me, besides the chance of graduating of course. But why is it then, that my hands are trembling and my heart is pounding? I let out a subtle sigh as I dart my eyes towards the obnoxiously ticking clock. Almost half an hour has passed and even though the papers of my neighbors are filled with blue or black words, mine remains empty.

With my sweaty hands I hold up the assignment paper to eye-height and I read it for the fourth time, nodding at the end as I understand every single word it’s saying. The assignment is simple, write an analytical essay of more than 700 words about Weapons and North-Korea. It’s an easy subject, but maybe that’s just because my father is a soldier. For the second time in a relatively short time I sigh as I try to calm down and finally write the first words on my yet-to-be-filled paper. Time moves quickly after that, and luckily a miracle occurs so that I finish it in time. A proud smile graces my face as I lift my word-filled paper, reading parts of it again. It’s perfect. It’s my ticket out of here, to a new exciting life somewhere outside of Korea.

With a beaming smile I get up from my seat, not even bothering to check if I left something behind, and walk upfront to officially hand in my essay. My beaming smile triggers a suspicious glance from the supervisor but he nods and I’m out of there. The whiff of fresh air outside is a welcoming one, and for a moment I close my eyes to enjoy my first minute of well-deserved vacation. Nothing is going to stop me now, I’m going to live somewhere in Europe and be some high-end boss, known for his stern yet subtle way of handling his subordinates. And make lots of money, that I will of course donate to the people in need. But a man has to live to right? I dart off smiling all the way home.

---

Little did I know..

---

I’m dashing my way to school. What’s going on? Why does the principal want to suddenly see me? Why did he say it was urgent and why is it that he sounded so serious, not as if he were going to give me an award or something? I come to a sudden halt in front of the school, on the same spot that I was standing a few days ago, enjoying the start of my vacation. And I was enjoying my vacation, until that weird call last night, asking me to come to school tomorrow, saying that it was urgent. I didn’t have the guts to ask what it was about, which now leaves me in worry and anxiety. I sigh, take a very deep breath and move myself from the spot I’m on, to in front of the principal’s office. His assistant tells me to wait and so I do, pacing up and down the hallway. As I’m starting to feel a little nauseous, I stop pacing and I start staring at the door. I can hear a soft voice talking calmly while another voice sounds more irritated. Sounds like they’re having an argument about something. I sigh and patiently wait what seems like hours but is actually only five minutes, until the door swings open.

Two pairs of eyes are now staring at me, the one behind the desk (my principal) and a fairly good looking man standing next to it. The principal invites me in and with a small hesitant smile I go inside the office watching the door get closed behind me as I do. I turn my attention first to the guy who is now standing next to me, looming over me as he’s staring outside the window behind me. As I can sense no hint of a greeting from his side, I just bow slightly turning my head to the warm smiling principal. ''Sit down Sungjong''.  I obey, my eyes darting from the man still standing to the principal in front of me. ''You’re probably wondering why you are here, aren’t you?'' Before I get the chance to even answer that question with a nod, the serious looking guy sternly asks: ''Didn’t think we would find out did you?!'' I look up in shock. What did he just say? Find out? ''Find what out?'' They’re both silent for a moment, the younger man gnawing his lip furiously. Finally he mumbles, his voice trembling with calm anger. ''Don’t play coy, Sungjong. Or is that even your name ?'' My eyes widen as I stare in disbelief at the two men. What are they suggesting? What.. WHAT IS GOING ON!?

---

Myungsoo POV
I clench my fists as I stare upon this boy, this boy not much younger than myself. How could we have missed this in the first place? His connections, his wishes, his actions and now his essay. Hell, the boy even has a black band in Taikwando. I grab my hair in frustration turning it over and up again. What did he come here for? What are his plans? I scoff as he flutters his bambi-like eyes into mine, hmf, you’re going to need a lot more than that if you want to sneak your way out of this one, boy.  ''What was your plan coming here, boy!?'' I ask him, as I reluctantly cast my eyes into his innocence. His lower lip starts trembling as I hover over him, my face close to his. ''I-I-'' is the only thing he says causing me to pound my fist furiously on the principal’s desk. ''You little .'' I curse, as I lift my hand in a way that I could hit him. ''That’s enough Myungsoo!'' are the strong words that vibrate through the room after I lifted my hand. I snort, staring with rigid eyes into those of the principal. The fool. ''You are playing right into his little hands.'' I tell him, turning my face abruptly the other way, not wanting to see or hear this anymore. I push my clenched fists deep into my pockets and walk out of the office, slamming the door behind me. I will take him down. I will figure him out. He. Will. Talk.
 

I will see to it.