When Tao has a birthday girl as a girlfriend...

I Love You, Even More Than This Cake

 

 

It’s her birthday. What should I do? What is the right thing to do on days like this?

Ugh, birthdays should be illegal. They’re just making life harder for boyfriends.  And the other special days too, the anniversaries, the Valentine’s day, my birthday.

Oh God! I don’t even know what I should do on my own ing birthday! How can I find something in hers?!

Should I just call her and ask what she wants? No, that wouldn’t be a good idea. It’s practically a ticket for the fastest way out of the relationship.

Think, Tao think! You have a great mind, a greater body and the greatest face. So think!

“A-ha!” I clapped my hands. “A cake!”

A cake would do right? So, from where should I buy it?

From the patisserie across the road? No, I’ve argued with the manager there and I am not allowed to set foot there ever again in my life.

From the café two streets away? No, I’ve wounded the owner’s precious dog. Also not allowed to go in. But really, why would someone give his dog a pretty fine cake when he has a costumer that wants that piece?

From the supermarket? No, their cakes are bad. And I’m the one who says this. The guy who loves every cake as long as it is named cake.

From… Wait, out of choices. .

What should I do then? I couldn’t possibly make Ally make the cake herse-

“OH!! That’s it!” I screamed.

No, I’m not actually making Ally make her birthday cake herself. I will be the baker today.

And she must love is nevertheless. Because her precious, great, handsome boyfriend is the one who made the cake. She must finish it even if it turns out bad.

“Now, time to search for a recipe and buy the indigents…”

 

~*~*~

“God! That’s just too hard! How can Ally do that at every occasion? Does she have magical powers or a fairy?”

That baking thing isn’t really for me, I tell you. I’m mixing the dough now and wow! I didn’t think holding a mixer would be this hard.

“Don’t! Come here you stupid thing! Argh!”

Like really, it’s going out of my hands every two seconds and I should have worn an apron.

“My 230$ worth t-shirt!”

It’s ruined.

You better like the cake Ally. Look at all the things I’m sacrificing just to make you this cake.

 

~*~*~

 

“Hello, cakey~!” I said, taking the cake out of the oven. “Time to cool down and I will prepare the icing, okay?”

I’m smiling at my masterpiece. Yeah, I went crazy while baking the cake. But no, my smile isn’t because of that. It’s because it looks WONDERFUL! I’m a baking genius!

“Ouch!”

Why didn’t anyone tell me that the cake mold could be hot when it’s taken out of the oven? There’s a burn on my hand and oh my God, it’s blistering!

You better like it Ally. You better like it Ally. You better like it Ally.

 

~*~*~

 

“Cooled down well?” I smiled at the cake. It seems it really cooled down well. “Okay then, come and have your icing.”

“First white… Yeah, good. I’m going good. No! , spilled on the floor.”

You better like it Ally, I loved my black tiles. They’re white now and the cleaning lady will come Monday, that means it will be like that for two days.

 

~*~*~

 

“Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday to you~ Happy birthday my dear Ally, happy birthday to you~” I sang as soon as Ally opened the door.

Oh! She’s surprised! Perfect perfect perfect!

“T-Tao? You’re making a surprise? You were able to do something like that?” she said.

Yeah, duh. I know it’s hard to believe but could you please not tell it like that?

“Yup!” I smile. “But just for you sweetie.”

“Oh, you!” she punched my arm.

Ouch! Really, ouch! She’s strong.

“Talking about sweets, I made you a cake.” I smiled at her while showing her my masterpiece.

“Woah~!” her eyes widened as soon as she saw it. “That looks awful. Are you taking lessons from Kris or what?”

She has a sharp tongue, did I ever mention that?

“But thanks, Tao! I will eat it even though it probably tastes as awful as it seems!” she continued.

Wait, I didn’t have to tell you that right? You would have already figured it out by now…

She dragged me inside her living room.

“Wait till I bring the camera. I must take a photo of it.”

Seconds later, she came back with a camera.

Click!

“Aaand! That wonderful cake my boyfriend made me will always stay with me! With the writing on it.”

Finally, I thought she didn’t notice the writing.

“I love you, even more than this cake!” she read it out loud.

“You are the best, Huang Zitao!” She hugged me.

She might have the sharpest tongue, she might have an enormous appetite, she might have the craziest mood swings but she’s my girlfriend and I love her.

“I love you, Ally. Happy birthday.” 

 

____________________

I'm really hoping you liked it Ally! ^^ Since you've been talking a lot about Tao, I used him. ^^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY DEAR DONGSAENG!!