Meet HeeYeon

Older Woman

Ahn Heeyeon is a 23 year old girl who has recently graduated from Korea University. Heeyeon comes from a family consisting of her parents and older brother.

From an early age, Heeyeon knew she was slightly different. Choosing S.E.S albums over H.O.T albums when her mother asked her what she wanted, following Wonder Girls when all her female classmates were following Big Bang, getting excited when having young female teachers for classes instead of male teachers; Heeyeon knew there was something different from her friends. After going through puberty, she realized it wasn't that she preferred girls or thought they were better, it's just that she liked girls. Coming from a more liberal family then others, Heeyeon was never raised to believe there was anything wrong with same attraction. However, she knew other people did so she kept to herself and only told those she felt closest to. Being naturally a shy person, she didn't have much close friends and was scared to tell her family even though she knew they would accept her.

In middle school, a month after school begun, a new girl walked into the class. She introduced herself as Park Junghwa to the class took a seat next to Heeyeon. Heeyeon was at the top of her class and was involved in trialthons which landed her the spot of class president. Before the class began, the teacher took Heeyeon aside and asked her if she would take Junghwa around the school, explain how it works and eat lunch with her so she doesn't feel uncomfortable. Being timid, Heeyeon wanted to say no but not wanting to disappoint her teacher, she told her she would. When Junghwa sat down, Heeyeon introduced herself to her and spent the first day with her. Once it got to lunchtime, the girls were able to talk more freely with one another and got comfortable, realizing they shared many similar interests. Heeyeon felt very comfortable around the energetic girl and wanted for the two of them to be friends. They decided to eat lunch together everyday from now on, which lead the pair to become inseperable. It was to the point where Heeyeon's mom felt as if Junghwa became a second daugther to her.

Heeyeon was finally happy to make a friend as special as Junghwa but felt guilty for not telling her about her attraction to girls as it was something that made her feel as if she had a glass wall up with Junghwa. She didn't know Junghwa's opinion on gay people and was scared that she wouldn't want to be friends with her anymore because of it or that she would think that this whole time she had feelings for her and it would ruin the friendship. She kept it to herself until the moment felt right and well one day, it finally did.

On Heeyeon's 17th birthday, her parents decided to finally get her a cellphone, a Samsung Tocco to be exact. Being so excited about it, she instantly put Junghwa's number on speed dial and waited to tell her the news for when she got home after her birthday dinner. The two got accepted into the same high school and have remained extremely close since. Getting home, Heeyeon ran up to her room, she put her other presents on her desk and then laid on her bed, taking out her new phone and calling Junghwa. As the phone rang, Heeyeon could feel her heart pounding as the thought of telling her friend her big secret popped into her head. She didn't know why today she felt the moment was right but she knew she had to as she has waited too long to do this.

"Hello? Who is this? Hello? Is there anyone there?"

Heeyeon had been so preoccupied in her thoughts she failed to realize Junghwa had answered.

"Junghwa-ah, I sound pretty cool on this right."

"Unnie, they finally got it for you! This so exciting, now we can call eachother whenever we want, I'm so happy!"

The pair continued to talk for the rest of the night, their conversation falling deeper and deeper. Exposing things to eachother they never knew about one another before, their conversation began getting intimate and Heeyeon's heart beat harder and harder as she knew their friendship now rested on this secret. She had been waiting for too long and she didn't want to wait anymore.

"Junghwa-ah, there's something important you need to know. There's something really important I need to tell you."

"Unnie was is it? You're scaring me, what's going on?"

Heeyeon could hear the panic in Junghwa's voice and hesitated a bit but finally she came right out and finally said,

"I'm gay."

"Unnie is that all? Wow! I've been waiting so long for you to tell me."

"What? Wait, you've known all this time?!"

"Of course I have! I'm your best friend. Do you think I don't realize when you look at girls just a couple of more seconds longer or how excited you get when Miss Choi praises you? Of course I realize, I've just been waiting for you to tell me. I didn't know if you were confused or you just were keeping it a secret so I didn't want to say anything."

"....... Honestly I thought I was a lot more subtle than that."

"Try harder next time Unnie. Maybe don't invite people up to your room unless you take down every Wonder Girls poster you have, but that would take hours to do"

Heeyeon was really speechless, realizing it would make sense that the younger girl would know after knowing Heeyeon for all these years. Heeyeon was at a complete euphoric state that she told Junghwa she would call her later and went down to the living room where her parents and brother sat. She procedded to tell them, which ended in a crying fest where they all held eachother and ended watching a movie that was on tv all together.

After telling the people she was closest to and loved with everything in her heart, Heeyeon began to gain confidence in herself more, believing she could do anything she set her heart to. She began to set her sights on getting into the SKY univeristies and studied as hard as she could to ace her acceptance exams. She ended up getting into Korea University. Since getting in. Heeyeon has grown into her own skin and making friends other than just Junghwa. She has dabbled in meeting girls with interest in her but Heeyeon's lack of expirence and awkward nature around people she likes has caused her to recieve the short end of the stick. She currently lives with Junghwa in small aparment which their families pay for.