"Fanfic"

{Oneshot} "Fanfic"

~Author: Po2403

~Rating: PG-15

~Pairing: RicSyung (Eric x Hyesung)

~Category: Pinky, happy ending

~Disclaimer: I do not own the characters.

 

~A/N: I’m so sorry for not updating in such a long time. Something urgent came up and I couldn’t make it :( The idea of this oneshot popped up in my mind while I was writing chapter 7 of “Love” :) Guys, I’ll update “Love” soon so I hope you’ll be patiently waiting for just a little bit longer! :)

 

And this story is a small gift for sarspirishinhwa, a dear friend who have been waiting and supporting me from the day I started writing on AFF till now! :) Hi dear, I hope you like this story since I wrote it with all my heart for you – my favorite author and reader!! Enjoy! <3

 

~let’s start~

 

Shinhwa is now on vacation after the Asia tour.

 

Dongwan is in New Zeland now since Minbong refused to play with him and went on a trip to Busan with his family, Andy is taking his time planning for Teen Top’s comeback and Hyesung and JunJin go drinking together almost everyday. Mama bird said he wanted to take a really good care for his Baby bird since he couldn’t during the Asia tour.

 

Oh, we almost forget Eric.

 

Eric, our respectful leader, the one who has worked hardest for the succeed of the tour, actually feels deadly bored, because he has nothing to do and no one to play with. All what he has been doing on the vacation is lying on the floor and look blankly on to the ceiling. That’s kinda sad right.

 

The leader starts wandering around Internet, hoping he’ll find something interesting to spend the rest of the time with until the vacation ends. Drama? Too long. Movie? Too boring to watch alone. Music? He’s been working with music for 15 years! Game? He advanced to the highest level of almost every games that he’s interested in.

 

And then all of sudden, he finds a Shinhwa’s fanfic site.

 

Actually, Eric knows these kinds of stuffs do exist, because Minwoo and Dongwan also read fanfics when they’re free, but Eric wasn’t that interested in these fan-written stories before. He goes for a search of “RicSyung” as a keyword and after a few seconds there’re like thousands of fanfics appear on his screen.

 

Hmmm…

He should try to read one. At least he’ll have something to do before the day passes meaninglessly and all he does is playing with Gomdori and watching TV. Minwoo and Dongwan asked him before that he should read some fanfics since many of them are interesting and really, really, really well-written. That’s why they always read WooDong fanfics and discuss about the story endlessly, then do all the cheesy things to each other. S.u.p.e.r. C.h.e.e.s.y.

 

Anyways, Eric just randomly clicks on a link of a story.

 

And just like that, the story begins.

 

.

 

.

 

.

 

At the moment, Hyesung is at home playing games with JunJin. They are having some beer, chatting nonsense, eating snack and having fun together. Recently JunJin has a bad headache so Hyesung thinks he should try to get Choong Jae to something to do to forget about the pain, that’s why he called Junjin to come over. Mama bird is also having fun as well. Like no one can ever disturb them mother and son.

 

“How is it with Andy these days?”

 

“Nothing special, really. He’s still working hard on Teen Top’s new concept though”

 

“Don’t you feel lonely when you’re not with him?”

 

“We have our own lives so I respect his privacy. I also need my time, too. Wait, why are you asking me that? Is there something wrong with Eric hyung?”

 

Hyesung can’t hide a small worry sigh, he takes a gulp of beer then answers JunJin slowly.

 

“I also think we should need some private time so I let him enjoy his vacation alone, but I’m worried if he’d be lonely.”

 

“Aishhh… you two have been together for almost 10 years but why still seem like a newly-wed couple worrying about those things?!”

 

“I know right. I can’t help but keep thinking about those ridiculous things endlessly.”

 

JunJin spots a sudden sad expression in Hyesung’s eyes, so he pauses the game and tries to get his Mama Bird to a serious talk.

 

“Hyung, you don’t have faith in your relationship? Why do you keep worrying about things?”

 

“It’s not like I don’t want to believe in Eric, neither in our relationship but isn’t it a little bit miserable? You know, he’s been giving hint about getting married to fans these days, on Beatles Code he said he found his ideal type but they’re NOT in a relationship yet and so on………”

 

JunJin shakes head at his Mama Bird’s sensitiveness. He’s so good and so smart at everything but why is he extremely stupid in these kinds of stuffs???

 

“You know why he did that! It was you who told him not to publish your relationship! He’s protecting you and doing what you want.”

 

“What if he really did find a girl and…”

 

“Aishhh stop talking nonsense like seriously. You’re wayyy too sensitive! Just enjoy your time with him! If you’re worrying about him feeling lonely that much, then just bump into his apartment, run to him and sit on his lap, telling him you want to enjoy the vacation with him or else, instead of being here and…”

 

“…You’re right.”

 

Hyesung smiles awkwardly as he tries to avoid Baby Bird’s eyes. Right at that awkward moment, the phone rings.

 

“Eric?”

 

“Are you home?”

 

“Yes. What happened?”

 

“Alone?”

 

“No, I’m with Jinnie now. Why?”

 

“You two seem close huh.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Nevermind. I’m hanging up.”

 

After Eric hangs up the phone for 3 minutes, Hyesung still has his “WHAT THE HECK WAS HE TALKING ABOUT???!!!” expression on his face. JunJin gets curious, so he asks his Mama Bird what happened. Hyesung answers in an annoying tone:

 

“Like seriously is he going all his 4D way now since he’s on vacation?! Asking such weird question if I was home alone and then when I said I was with you he got mad and hung up all of sudden!”

 

JunJin’ like O____o at the moment.

 

“Aishhhhhh seriously. Jinnie, I think I have to go to his place for a moment, will you wait?”

 

“Hyung I’m about to go home now so take your time.”

 

“Then I’ll see you later.”

 

.

.

.

 

Hyesung is so surprised that Eric’s apartment isn’t locked up. He walks straight inside and finds the leader sitting silently in a corner in front of his laptop. Eric must be doing something really interesting, because he doesn’t even notice that Hyesung have walked in minutes ago.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Hyesung ahhh~~~ you love me or not?”

 

The leader doesn’t answer the question but looks up at Hyesung’s eyes with his teary eyes, asking such nonsense question. Hyesung was so worried as he hung up all of sudden before but now he’s just plainly angry. What’s with this weirdo!

 

“I’m asking you what.are.you.doing???”

 

“Hyesung ahhh~~~ they said Minwoo will steal you away from me and me, you and JunJin will get stuck in a triangle loveeee~~~”

 

Eric suddenly jumps to Hyesung and hugs his lover in “octupus style”. Hyesung is hardly breathing because Eric is squishing him way too tight.

 

“L…let me..ee.. go.. I..c..an’t b..b…breatheeeee~~!!”

 

“Hyesung ahhh~~~ they even said you’ll get marrieddddd and leave me behind~~~ You won’t, right?? Tell me you won’t!!!”

 

The respectful leader of Shinhwa suddenly transforms into a crybaby. He clings to Hyesung’s legs and starts talking nonsense, makes the little prince gets totally mad, that he kicks his lover with all his Taekwondo skills.

 

Hyesung slowly sits down and looks straight into Eric’s eyes. He can see the complicating mixed feelings in his Eric’s eyes that makes him feels bitter for no reason.

 

“Tell me, why are you getting emotional all of sudden?”

 

“Hyesung ahhh~~~ do you hate me that much? Even if you really do hate me, then you don’t have to show it obviously in front of our fans!”

 

“Did anyone say anything about us? What did they say?!”

 

“Our fans don’t want us to be together~~~~!!!”

 

Hyesung can’t help but getting angry because Eric keeps mumbling nonsense things instead of telling him what happened in details.

 

He lets out a soft sigh and hugs Eric tightly. Hyesung pats on Eric’s back, like he’s trying to comfort a baby.

 

“Who will ever involve in our relationship, though? Don’t worry.”

 

“But…but in the fanfics, they keep making me and you break up, or let me or you getting married and we end up living our separate lives…”

 

“F.A.N.F.I.C.s????????!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO IT WAS BECAUSE OF ALL THOSE DRAMATIC FANFICS??????”

 

“But that seems so TRUE!! Our fans even found many hints of JinSyung and MinSyung but RICSYUNG is incredibly RAREEE!!!”

 

“Yes I love JunJin but it’s because he’s MY SON and he needs me to take care of him!!! And Minwoo already has Dongwan and he does the same to everyone, kissing, hugging and else…”

 

“No, Hyesung. You’ve never looked at me with those eyes like when you look at JunJin! And when I read the stories, I feel like I can see what’s going to happen to our relationship in the NEAR FUTURE!!! That triangle love!!!”

 

Hyesung is totally speechless as he can’t believe Eric would believe in such ridiculous things. He stands up and walks straightly out of Eric’s apartment, leaving the leader alone. Hyesung has no time to deal with these stupidness of Eric, even when they’re lovers.

 

.

.

.

Few days later, Hyesung still goes out with JunJin and seems like he’s enjoying every minute of his vacation. But actually, he’s getting worried as Eric didn’t even call him once since that day. Hyesung can’t even tell JunJin about what happened, because things happened way too fast and when he calms down and thinks about it, it was really ridiculous.

 

Hyesung wants to call Eric but he has his pride. He asks Minwoo to help to get some news about what’s Eric doing. And Minwoo said he sounds so strange, as he’s obsessed with something and can’t pull himself together.

 

Hyesung lets himself have time to think about it carefully. Minwoo and Dongwan also read fanfics, but why didn’t they get obsessed like Eric? Why did Eric have those thoughts that Hyesung hates him and else? Did he really think that Hyesung said ‘yes’ to him 10 years ago just because he pitied him?

 

Doesn’t he know how much Hyesung loves him?

 

No.

 

Totally NO.

 

Hyesung realizes he was so obsessed about his prince-like image that he keeps playing hard to get with Eric and acts like he doesn’t really care about him. Hyesung acts cold even when he’s burning inside because of Eric. Hyesung is shy. Hyesung is not brave enough to show the world how much he loves him. He’s afraid of being judged.

 

To be honest, Eric loves him unconditionally and so does Hyesung. It’s not like Eric got all panic when he reads those fanfics just because he has a weird mind. Actually it seems like he has always been afraid of something doesn’t even exist, because Hyesung always acts cold, always ignores him, always kicks him away when he tries to hug him and else.

 

Because Hyesung has always passively received Eric’s love without realizing that “love” means feelings from both sides.

 

He feels regretful and sad. Maybe he’s too sensitive but he really gets to know more about Eric’s feelings.

 

That’s why Hyesung decided to do something about this.

 

.

 

Eric can’t help but keep wandering on internet and reads more and more fanfics. When he finds a happy-ending fanfic, he’s happy but he becomes totally desprate whenever he finishes a sad story.

 

Hyesung’s reaction on that day is understandable, though. Eric knows himself that he seems weird when he overacts about those ridiculous fanfics in Hyesung’s eyes that made the little prince reacts that way, but deep inside, he’s still hurted.

 

If Hyesung really loves him, he’d have asked him why did he get obsessed about those breaking up things. He should have been more understanding of how Eric feels.

 

Sigh.

 

The leader, on the last day of the vacation, still wanders around and finds fanfics to read. And his eyes are widely opened now when he sees a story from an author named “EricPleaseReadThis”. Isn’t it too weird for an user name?

 

He curiously clicks on the link, and the story appears right on the screen. It’s quite short. Only 3 lines.

 

“Once upon a time, there was a person named Shin Hye Sung.

And there also was a person named Eric.

They live happily ever after.

 

Eric smiles widely. He thinks he knows who wrote this one. And he can surely say he knows who it was, when he reads the very small P/S at the end.

 

“P/s: I’m making some kimbab. Would you like some?

 Nevermind, I’ll just bring it over your place.

 

.

.

.

 

Eric leans his head peacefully on Hyesung’s shoulder, when his lover feeds him the well-made kimbab he brought over. Hyesung feels sooo shy but he’s glad that his Eric is happy. He lightly smiles and doesn’t complain anything, just lets the leader leans on him lazily.

 

“Hyesung ah~”

 

“What?”

 

“If you weren’t a singer, you might be a writer…”

 

Eric suddenly grabs a bite of the piece of kimbab Hyesung is eating, makes the their lips meet lightly, but sweet. The flavor of love.

 

“…and I’ll forever be your only loyal reader.”

 

~end~

 

4:AM - August 28, 2013

Done by Po2403 with love.