Feelings

!!!Hidden!!!

"Sometimes hearts are broken by words left unspoken.”

 

Shin Se Kyung rose up from her bed, stretching her rigid body and went straight to the bathroom. After a while, she roamed in her room, finding perfect clothes for her class. She settled down with a pair of grey skinny jean and a white t-shirt. She walked to the kitchen and poured herself an orange juice. She took a time in devouring her meal, being oblivious of a pair of legs pacing anxiously outside her apartment.

A boy with short black hair walked back and forth in front of her door, with a bouquet of flower, firm in his hand. He looked at the door again, waiting nervously for her to come out. He needed to talk to her. He needed to do it right now or he never had the courage to do it again. He didn’t know how he can be this brave. After a lot of sleepless nights, he finally able to pluck enough courage to confessed to her- his one year older neighbour for four years whom he admires as soon as his eyes meet hers.

And now he stood with a trembled heart, tense in a very nerve-wrecking moment- even more tense compare to when he was waiting for his college acceptance result. His heart beats rocketed as the door flung open. His hand quivered as he saw her dazzling smile and he gave her the flowers with shaking hand.

Se Kyung appeared from the door, having a little difficulty in wearing her sneakers. A white back pack clung loosely onto her back and a grey jacket in her grasp. “Oh, Seungri-ah, what are you doing here? This is for me?” she took the bouquet of white roses and inhaled it sweet scent. “Thank you.”

“I-I h-have s-something...t-to tell...you,” he stammered, scratching his hair uneasily.

Se Kyung looked at him worriedly. “Hey, what’s wrong?” She ruffled his hair gently like how she always do when she around him.

He grabbed her hand and held it in his palm tightly. “I-I..l-lik...”

“Oh, look at the time,” she cried out, looking at her wristwatch. “I’m gonna be late...again. Gotta go now, see you later.” She ran halfway and turned her head to him. “Thanks for the flower,” she screamed.

Seungri stood in the hallway, watching her faded inside the elevator. “There goes my chance,” he mumbled and he sighed walking to his house. He had to gather his courage again and this time he had to do it right. She’s gonna be mine. Only mine, he thought determined.


Se Kyung sneaked into the hall from the back door, walking carefully beside the bench and sat quietly on the empty seat beside a black haired guy with deep blue t-shirt. The lecturer eyed her every movement with a deadpan expression and she smiled apologetically at him.

“What page?” she whispered to the man beside her, taking out a book from her bag.

Daesung smiled faintly and turned the pages for her. His eyes still focused to the lectures.

“You, there,” the professor called out to her. “What is the function of the heart?”

She perplexed. “Ah, that’s...” she stuttered and glanced at Daesung who was chuckling without the attention to help her. “The heart,” she began. “was for...falling in love.”

The whole hall burst in laughter but the serious professor seemed like he was about to explode. His face reddened and the veins on his neck pop up. Daesung who was seating next to her laughed uncontrollably.  She poked him hard to silent him but he still laugh quietly. Her cheeks warmed in embarrassment.

“Thank you for your help,” she muttered as she sat on a chair in the cafeteria.

“Hey, that was funny and I can’t restrain myself from laughing, even right now,” he chuckled again.

She pushed him with her books when he was about to take a seat in front of her.

“Ouch,” he yelled. He watched her pretty face turned into a pout. “Sorry,” he said softly. “So, what can I do to be forgiven, your highness? A drink perhaps?”

Her face lit up and she began to smile. “Mocha,” she said simply.

“Coming right up, your highness,” he said politely and left to do the errand.

“I answered correctly, am I?” she said as she slurped her drink. “The heart is for falling in love.”

“True, but I think he meant the most important function- to pump the blood into your vein.”

“Love shared the same equal of important. Without love we died. Just like when the heart stops pumping,” she said firmly.

He smiled in return of her romantic idea. “You should be poet rather than a doctor.”

She chuckled softly. “You know how I always thought about love being the most dangerous disease? You can’t breathe, there’re butterflies in your stomach and your heart skip a beat. That can’t be safe.”

“But still, you want to fall in love and be love.”

“I do. But I still think love is very dangerous,” she sighed. “How I wish I meet him right now, my Mr. Right, my prince charming.” she smiled adoringly. “Maybe he’s too blind to see me,” she pouted.

“Maybe he’s here. He’s close to you, standing in front of you, waiting for you to see him,” he said as he gazed to her beautiful face. “Maybe you’re the one who’s blind.”


“Ready to go?” Jiyong stood in front of her door smiling cutely like a little boy with a red jacket wrapped his slender body.

She smiled at him and closed the door behind her. They walked hand in hand to the nearest park and settle down on a bench under the shade of an old oak tree. Jiyoing rested his head on her lap while gazing into the blue sky. White puffy clouds scattered on the open sky and a few birds flying across the air.

“Oppa?” she voice out as she his hair.

“Hmmm?”

“We’ve been together since I can remember. We’re growing up together. You’re in my past, my childhood and you’re still here beside me. You know everything about me. You were there, in my lowest state and in my greatest success.”

“So?” he asked.

“So, I realized that so much thing that I don’t know about you, especially when we were separated. What happened to you when I was gone?”

“I have a lot of stories to tell you, and you’re the main character in all of them."

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she said giggling.

He remained silent as he closed his eyes with a smile on his face.


Se Kyung sat inside a cafe, munching her favourite croissant stuffed with bacon and vegetables. Her eyes fixed on a pianist playing her favourite song, Nothing Better.

The man in black vest on a white shirt stepped down from the stage and walked towards her with a smile. She applauded gratefully and smiled back at him.

“I missed coming here every day and listening to your play.”

“How about me? Don’t you miss me?” Taeyang asked as he occupying the empty seat in front of her.

“Of course, I miss you and everyone in here. I miss being yelled by a stupid customer or getting curse when I accidently shower them with soup.” Both of them chuckled quietly.

“Didn’t think you ever miss that,” he said. “Never thought of working here again. I’m sure the manager loves to take you in. The cafe still needs you. I need you,” he added. “In fact, we’re all needs you,” he said nervously.

“I love to, but you know I can’t. Things have change.”

He smiled bleakly. “So, how’s life? You seemed fine.”

“Well, if you consider a pilling homework, a tonnes of books to read and understand, and reunited with the most protective brother I ever see, building a concrete wall aound me as fine. I guess I am fine.”

He laughed softly. “Things will get better,” he said with a soothing voice.

“I hope so,” she said smiling and they spend the rest of the night reminiscing their old times.


Se Kyung got back to her home at midnight. She had a shower and came out with a towel wrapped under her arms, drying her long straight hair with another small towel. She heard a low knock on her door and she walked carefully to the door. She peeked into the hole and saw a man in black jacket standing in front of her door and when she met his eyes, her whole body shivered. Her heart beating restlessly.

“What are you doing here? I thought you were busy,” she said nonchalantly as she let the door open widely.

“I was,” the man said in raspy voice taking a step into the house.

“So, what are you doing here?” she repeated. “Shouldn’t you be out there working of something of...god knows what?”

“Looks like I owe you an apology,” Seunghyun said following her into her room.

“Why? It’s not like you have done anything wrong,” she said folding her arms on her chest.

He chuckled. “But you seem to be mad at me.” He sat on her bed, crossing his long legs.

“I’m fine,” she said without changing her expression. She walked to the mirror and brushes her damp hair.

“I know women. When they said fine, they were everything but fine.”

“Being a smartass again. You should be able to figure it out by now,” she ran her fingers through the strand of her hair.

Seunghyun walked to her side, grabbing her arms tightly. “I’m sorry for not spending time with you,” he said softly sending a tingling sensation to her. “What can I do to make up for it?”

Se Kyung stayed muted in between her strong arms, marvelling his perfect face.

“I think I know,” he said with a smirk staring at her pouted face. He cradled her face and leaned in for a kiss. He moved his hand to her towel and his fingers untie the knot slowly and the towel slipped through her bare skin.