A New World

The Secret and the Wish

Woah~ My mouth was practically hanging open at the sight of the city of Seoul. I never thought I would actually be here, especially as a trainee! My mind was blown. I had always convinced myself I was a bad singer and dancer, which forced me to practice harder and get better, so I didn't think I would be accepted as a trainee already! I'm still a teenager for crying out loud. Not to mention the fact that I had my hopes brought down because of one fact:

I'm not Asian.

Not in the least bit.

My ethnicity is 100% Italian. I've never seen a non-Asian trainee or kpop start before, let alone a full Italian one. That was the main reason I was surprised. I kept saying to myself, As long as I get better, I will eventually make it in the music business. That motivated me for the past two years. That's how long I've been self-training. Dance practicing in spare time, lessons for singing, piano, guitar, drums, and violin, and even staying after school to practice. My parents got me a personal trainer and everything. I'm happy they've been supporting me, unlike a lot of other parents do with their kids hoping to become idols.

My parents drove me to the SMEnt building, where I was kindly escorted through and given a tour. When I stepped in the building, the first thing I thought was Aww shiet, this is the same place that EXO walks in and out of every day. This triggered a question in my major fangirl mind. "Excuse me, is EXO anywhere around?" I asked my trainer.

She let out a quick laugh. "They should be practicing a dance in the practice room. You shouldn't disturb them, but you're welcome to say hi to them. I'm sure they would welcome you."

"but you're welcome to say hi to them"

"but you're welcome to say hi to them"

"you're welcome to say hi to them"

I stood in shock for at least thirty seconds. I.. could say hi.. to EXO? wAT. "So, uhm.. where is the practice room exactly?" I asked my trainer.

"On the second floor. I don't even need to tell you which door. Just listen for the room blasting 'Growl' at full volume." she replied. I started running, but stopped on my first step.

"What's your name, by the way? I don't think I caught it." I asked her.

"That's because I didn't throw it." she replied. Silence. My parents and my little sister just stood there. And almost everything made my sister laugh. Don't even get me started on how she bursts out into psychotic laughter at the dinner table. Every. Night.

"Okay, I'm sorry, I know I'm not funny. It's SaRang." Good, her name was one of the few Korean words I knew.

"Thank you, eonni!" I ran to the stairs because aint nobody got time for waiting for elevators when EXO is only a floor above you. I was on the second floor before I even knew my foot touched the staircase. I probably ran up the steps like a dog...

The moment I opened the door was the same moment my life changed forever.

EXO. Was. In. Front. Of. Me.

wAT.

But compared to now, just being in front of them is nothing.

I opened the door slowly, trying not to overpower the music.

I was watching EXO practice Growl in front of me without them knowing I was there.

However, when the bridge of the song came and they all turned around, they were pretty surprised to see a foreigner sitting there clapping in amusement. "Hm.. You're Kalel, right?" Kris, the only English speaker, asked me. I widened my eyes.

"H-How.." is all that came out.  I can't speak. 

While I was trying to remember my words, Tao asked LuHan something in Chinese. They were probably wondering if they should call security. Then again, there is security everywhere. They should have figured out that I belong here, or else I would have been taken away already.

Then I remembered, Oppas won't like you if you seem too stalkerish or if you seem too clingy or if you're admiring them too much. So I immediately stopped and remembered my words. Some of them, at least. I cleared my throat. "How'd you know?" I ask, directing my question to Kris.

"I was told there would be a new trainee soon, and that she was different from the others. Now I figure that means you're our first non-Asian trainee." I nodded my head in response. Kris said something in Korean, and they all responded with "Oooohhhhh", so I guess he explaned why I was here. "Well, in that case, welcome. You just gave them a scare. We don't need any more sasaeng fans, do we?" That made me laugh. "How about we meet back here tonight at 8 and I'll give you a little welcome present?"

Lolwhat

Did he just

Did Kris just

Erhmagerd

My eyes were about to fall out of their sockets.

I stuttered a lot before replying. Even then, I just nodded my head. Kris smiled and patted my head. "Can I still watch practice though?" I asked.

"Sure."

He told them something in Korean again, and they just restarted the song and practiced again.

 


 

At 8 PM sharp, I met Kris in the practice room again. He was there before me. He surprised me, but I also felt bad. "I-'m sorry, am I late?! How long have you been waiting?!" I worried I upset him.

"It's okay, I just got here." Kris said, laughing. When he was done, there was an awkward almost silence. There was only the noise of the air conditioner, which suddenly shut off, causing Kris to make it look like the end of the world.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nothing," Kris almost whispered, "I just get hot easily, that's all." I guess he didn't want me to get worried.

"So why'd you want to see me here?" I asked, since it's been running in my mind all day.

"Hm.. I just wanted some alone time, get to know you is all. I would feel a little awkward around the other members, even though they can't understand us." He seemed happier in real life than he did on interview shows and stuff like that.

"Just wondering.. would we be seeing each other much?" I asked. I didn't want this to end up being our last time seeing each other for a long time.

"We'll see each other a lot. Especially when you debut. We may even do a song together like SHINee and f(x) did." Kris told me. I was full of joy and excitement inside. I wondered if we would ever become close friends.

"Now that I answered your question, how about you answer mine?" He said.

"Hm?" I asked, signing him to tell me his question.

"Who's your EXO bias?"

wait he knows about that stuff? Do all kpop idols know about biases and fanfics? Has he read any fanfics? Has he read any of my fanfics?

.

And not to mention, he's my bias. I like tall guys, so I looked more into him. I found out he spoke English and that he was from Canada and there my obsession began. Since then it's always been my dream for him to draw me one of his masterpieces.

I coughed to clear my throat. I looked away from him awkwardly and whispered "..you."

Kris must have heard me, because he shouted "Really?!" in a voice of triumph. That was when I noticed the sweat dripping from his forehead, even in the dim light in the room.

"Are you sure you're okay with the air conditioning off? We should get somewhere cooler, shouldn't w-" I was cut off by a cloud of smoke where Kris was just standing, and in his place, when the smoke cleared, I saw a 6-foot tall dragon.