Chapter one

Tempted

 

You and Seunghyun stand face to face in silence. The only thing that can be heard is the lack of words running back and forth as you and him exchange deadly glares - that, and the high strung tension in the air. No words were needed. No words had to be spoken, for one thought, one accusation and one denial was hanging in the air between the two of you like a thick cloud of suffocating fog.
 
"Tell me why," you asked bluntly, slipping on a cool facade in place of the girl inside of you, fighting to get out. Inside, you were screaming.
 
Why her? Why was it the two of you? 
 
Why did you kiss my cousin? Why did you whisper in her ear? Why did she giggle shyly at you?
 
Why did I have to see it? Why did I have to catch my boyfriend and my cousin on my bed, a mass of tangled bodies under the sheets?
 
Why?
 
Seunghyun breathed out and sat on the bed - the bed you shared with him every night, the bed you had caught them together in. You flinched at the memory. Seunghyun pinched his nose bridge and turned away as if he hadn’t seen you nor heard you.
 
You laughed mirthlessly. 
 
If something hadn’t changed in the past few months, it was Seunghyun’s turning away. As usual of him now. Refusing to see what needed to be seen, to hear what needed to be said, to acknowledge that the woman he loved, the relationship that used to be the envy of every couple was now changed forever - pushed past the point of repair. 
 
One word; destruction.
 
The cause? Temptation.
 
Calmly, Seunghyun smoothed out the deep maroon linen covers on the bed, as if he had all the time, all the patience in the world. You didn’t.
 
ing tell me, Choi Seunghyun!" You yelled, shoving his chest with your palms. 
 
If it was anything, you hated his calmness. You despised his blank, vacant look. You wanted to slap him senseless, to shake him and scream at him. To hurt him like he hurt you, to inflict the pain he inflicted, to rip his heart from his chest and trample all over it. 
 
Just like he did to you.
 
"Was I just a toy to you?" You sneered, hitting his chest again. He was a stone beneath your hands. "Were you just trying to see how many Jung heiresses you could play at once?" You spat, pummelling him with your fists. "I have another cousin, want me to call her up as well?"
 
Stop it," 
 
It wasn’t a plea, it wasn’t a request. It wasn’t a begging for forgiveness. It was a command. You saw it hard and cold in his eyes that bored right into your soul, shredding it to pieces. A small choke escaped, escaped your mouth. You let your fists fall to your sides, tired. 
 
"I want you to leave now," he spoke again. "I don’t need this,"
 
Voice steely. Gaze piercing. Face void of emotion. He was T.O.P, not Choi Seunghyun - not the man you dated, the man you loved.
 
You realised it, finally understanding that the man you thought you knew was gone. You stood up and righted yourself. Chin up, shoulders straight. Like your mother had drilled into you when you were young. 
 
You were Jung Jiyoon. Sister of the famous Jung Jinwoon and art prodigy Jung Jihoon, you were the heiress of Jung Corporations, one of the big three enterprises of Korea. Your mother was ranked the third most influential woman in Korea, and your father had raked in the highest grossing income in 2011 among South-Korean companies.
 
You were the it girl. 
 
If one man - Choi Seunghyun didn’t want you, it was no problem, you fed yourself the one deadly lie.
 
You were an unfeeling, stone-hearted with no conscience before you met Seunghyun, so why not go back? At least it didn’t hurt. At least your heart stayed intact. At least no one walked away from you, when there was no one there in the first place.
 
You hated what Seunghyun did to you. He peeled back your layers one by one, promising never to hurt you when you let him in, past your walls. Then when you were open, exposed, vulnerable, he hit you where it hurt the most.
 
Your family.
 
You wanted to drill some sense into him, to make him realise what he had done to you. You wanted to cry, to break down. You wanted to let go, to beg him for answers, to ask why.
 
But of course, you didn’t. 
 
You were Jung Jiyoon.
 
Jungs never cry. To cry would be to show weakness, and Jungs are far from weak," as your father loved to say.
 
You blinked and then turned around to face Seunghyun one last time before you left. “I deserve to know why, why her?” You asked, knowing that the question would not leave your mind until you knew. You had to know before you left his life completely - as was his wish.
 
At last Seunghyun looked up to face you. From the way his eyes drilled into you, it seemed he, too, knew that it would be the last time. ”Ask her. She came to me,” he said quietly, you almost didn’t catch it.
 
You smirked, slipping on your shades, letting the old Jiyoon fall back into place.
 
"The same excuse every time - men,” you sneered. “I hope you live well T.O.P.,” you called as you walked down the long hallway leading to the door that would take you away from his life forever.
 
Seunghyun watched your back disappear. 
 
He didn’t go after you, he didn’t shout your name. He let you walk right out, he let you go.
 
And not once did you turn back.