mavin

clarity.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Help the poor soul"

(Myungsoo's point-of-view)

 

 I looked at Jiyeon who was playing with the baby, which I have officially named Kim Mavin. due to the things that happened, it was hard for me to develop feelings for her. I agreed to marry her out of sympathy, I wanted to help. She was 6 years younger than I am and maybe that's the reason why I couldn't look at her as a wife.     let's cut the story short, her dad wanted to sell her. He would come by the clubs I usually go to and he always had a pocket-sized picture of her.   He went around asking drunken men if they wanted to have a taste of his daughter. I was there, I saw him asking, bugging people, to buy his daughter.     Somehow or rather, her father got suggestions from the people to meet the head of the club, that's where things get ugly. Once a female is being sold to the head, it meant that they would be sent to other countries and be sold, sometimes... for their body parts. 

I felt bad. Even though I didn't know who she was, how she looks like or her name but it seems that she's been through a lot. Her dad was going around, selling her.

 

If you don't feel sympathetic, you need to go for a check up. I remembered rushing to her dad and stopping him, telling him that I'd buy his daughter. I got married to her shortly after. What else could I do with her? Keep her as a maid? Keep her locked in my house like a pet? Yes, I married Park Jiyeon out of sympathy.

 

Hence, I found it real hard to talk to her. We had no feeling for each other and it's hard because she wasn't aware that her dad sold her. I decided to have Mavin, in a hope to change my views towards her. As an adult and not a young teenager.

 

It was hard, nobody really understands. I'm 23, she's 17. We argue over the littlest of things. I felt like a brother whenever I'm with her and I didn't like that. Now that we have Mavin, I hope that things get better. 

 

I wasn't the type of person wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter