o n e

Phone Call

 

Phone Call

 

"... Jjarithan jotsarang, saeroun gyeongheom... Rum pum pum pum ... "

The rhythm of the music finally stopped after the last line of the lyrics sung by a bright red-haired girl and the sound changed into a loud applause from all three people in the room, including the radio announcer. "Wow daebak!" praise the announcer who was the senior  in the same management with two girls in that room, Super Junior's Shindong.

Today, Krystal and Sulli had the opportunity to be a guest star in a radio broadcast, Shim Shim Ta Pa. Other three members couldn’t attend because they have to do a photo shoot in other place, but without the other three members, the atmosphere is very pleasant during the broadcast.

"I've listened to this song hundreds of times but I’m still not bored," said Shindong who invite the unbelievable gaze from the two young girls, "I'm not lying. C'mon, you have to believe me." he continued.

Then both girls were laughing after seeing Shindong expressions that are eager to convince them both.

"And I think not only me who faithfully listen to this song, but also the listeners, you don’t get tired of hearing this song, right?" Shindong asked the loyal listeners who currently may be cheering to answer the questions wherever they are.

"Thank you so much for your support and please to continue to give us a lots of love." Sulli added and give a big smile at the camera that recording their activities.

"And we also apologize for the other three members who couldn’t attend this time, next time we will come with full member." Krystal added.

"So, what will we do now?" Shindong rubbed his palms, looked at Krystal and Sulli alternately.

Krystal shook her head in response to Shindong's questions, while Sulli looked busy with her phone. Since the broadcast begins, her fingers didn’t stop dancing on her phone screen while occasionally smiling and laughing at the mobile screen.

"Why don’t we call someone?"

"Mwoya? Oppa, do you mean to call someone and fool that person? Gosh, Oppa, you're a genius." Sulli praised then chuckled.

"But isn’t it too bad? Maybe the person we call is busy." Krystal said with a furrowed brow.

"So we can call people we close to, so that they will not angry, hm... let's just call them to measure your relationship with them."

"Ah yes, like what you did to me at the past, Oppa," Sulli pouted, "You asked Sohyun to call me and set me up, I was very lucky not to get caught at it even though I was almost crying."

Krystal couldn't help but laugh when she remembered at that incident which was  aired on television. She also saw a piece of the variety show with Sulli at website and laughed out loud after watching it. Shindong was also laughing as he remembered the same incident. "Ahh Sulli, jinjja mianhae." he said.

"So who will be the next victim, Oppa?" asked Krystal who looked leaned her back in the chair and threw her head back, staring at the ceiling. She was a bit sleepy at the time, since they released a new album, they get a busy schedule, Krystal should also shooting new drama.

Sulli who knows if Krystal is in a problem this time really wanted to comfort her, help her solve the problems that interfere her friend, a problem which was able to make Krystal didn't want to sleep and didn't want to eat. However, she doesn’t know the best way to help her friend, she was even afraid that if she did the wrong way and make the problem bigger. However, she also can’t bear to see Krystal like this, the girl's body might be right in front of her eyes but her mind is in somewhere.

"Well, why don’t we fool the other members?"

"No. How about Taemin Oppa?" Sulli giving ideas. Although she wasn’t sure when the name came out of , but this is the only way she could help Krystal.

"Taemin?" Shindong confused, as well as Krystal who directly straightened up and gave Sulli signs to stop her crazy idea.

"Ya, Taemin Oppa," Sulli ignored her. "Taemin Oppa is very gullible but he was never angry. He's too naive and innocent, so he could be easily trapped. Meanwhile our members, they are too hard to fool." she explains.

Krystal scratching her forehead which not itchy. Suddenly a cold sweat appear out of somewhere when the name was mentioned, the name that makes her neck choked until couldn’t breathe. Sulli, she promised that she would give a deadly kiss on her if something stupid will happen later.

"Would it be all right if we fool the other members?" Shindong asked while occasionally stealing glances at a man with glasses who watched them from outside the room.

The man is the boss.

Sulli nodded, "Shinee and f(x) is very close, we relate very well so I guess there is no problem." Sulli smiled briefly when she saw Krystal began overreact.

Since earlier, that red-haired girl gave her a death gaze and threats through her eyes, but Sulli simply ignored her.

The man standing outdoors nodded on Shindong, gave a hint that he can do what Sulli said. Shindong nodded, then glanced at the Krystal. He could see how she was feeling uneasy, but she had already entered into Sulli's trap.

Yes, maybe it's a trap or maybe this is the only way to help Krystal.

"Well, it looks like it will be very interesting," Shindong said, "Then we can call Taemin and provide an entertainment to our listeners, Ssul."

"Me? Aniyo, I'm too predictable, I'm not good at lying." Sulli refused.

Shindong frowned, "Then, should I do it?"

"Of course not, Krystal can do it."

Krystal closed her eyes and bowed her head down when Sulli saying that. She combed her hair with her fingers and gave an expressions that are difficult to explain to the two people in front of her. In contrast, Sulli seem smiled with satisfaction when she saw her like this. Smile that makes Krystal wants beat her. It seemed she wanted to jump onto the table and pulled the collar of her shirt.

"Mianhae." Sulli whispered followed by a wink which is able to hold Krystal's anger. They both are like that, they often fight like Tom and Jerry but just by the way they looked at each other, then everyone will know that they care for each other.

"Well if it's like this," Shindong sighed, "Krystal, are you ready?"

"Do I have a choice?" Krystal joked.

"Of course you don’t have," Shindong said which caused a laugh, "and listeners, don’t let your laughter be heard by Taemin, okay? Please hold your breath."

 

**

 

Sulli cover so that her sound of laughter didn't filled the room, and Shindong gave a strange gaze to Sulli and Krystal. Those two people must have been enjoying the cool fresh breeze that blew at their faces, while Krystal had collapsed while holding her phone with her shaking hands.

"Yeoboseo ..."

Krystal sighed when that voice came. She was silently praying that Taemin will not lift the phone, but all was in vain. How could God heard Sulli pray and let her down like this.

"Yeoboseo, Oppa ..." Krystal stuttered.

"Soojung, what's happened?"

That sound grabbed her neck, prevented her to breathe and live longer. Even that man called her with her real name made her phone fell off from her hand on the table and making a sound that is quite loud.

"Soojung, what sound it is? Did something happen?"

Krystal looked up. She found that Sulli's face changed drastically, she no longer laughed, she looked worried. Yes, Sulli must be very worried about her at this time. And like Sulli, the man on the phone also very worried after hearing the sound, also with Krystal who didn’t answer the question.

"Soojung, are you still there?"

Shindong nodded, convinced her to continue this show because all of this is going to be weird if it is stopped. Before all of this invites suspicions from his audience, then Krystal had to bend over backwards to balance her emotions in her heart. Sulli and Shindong is in her side to help her do that. Shindong was not blind, he knows exactly what happened in that room, not just Sulli. He knows what happened between Sulli and Krystal, and what happened between Krystal and the man on the phone.

"Yeah, I'm still here," Krystal holding the phone back. "Oppa, what are you doing now?" Krystal asked, trying to be nice.

"Me? ... I'm shooting now."

Anyone can catch if there is sense of guilty when Taemin answering Krystal's questions. The long pause that he gave when he answer that questions implying how much he doesn’t want to make the girl misunderstood or something.

"We got married?" Krystal asked again who then answered with ahem by Taemin who sounded weak. "Oppa, can you help me?"

"What is it?"

Krystal took a deep breath. She glanced at Sulli and Shindong who are not releasing their eyes of her face. She bit her lip, still stuck in her mind to determine whether she should continue this joke or not.

"I'm in trouble now," she said. And finally she decided to continue this joke. Shindong is right, it could be used as a measure of their relationship. Whatever the answer later, at least Krystal has tried, she couldn’t live forever in excessive curiosity. "I'm driving alone and now my car breaking down. I don’t know what to do." she continued.

"You're driving alone? Are you with Sulli? Soojung, how many times I've told you not to drive alone?!"

Sulli scratched her head when the sound of Taemin who almost scream made the whole room was amazed. A little taste of regret came after Krystal's face changed panic and grew increasingly sad.

"Now where are you?"

"I ... I'm in Ilsan now. Oppa, you're going to come here?"

Then, Taemin sighed.

"Oppa, it's okay if you can’t come. I will call technician-"

"I'm a little far from Ilsan now. Is it okay if you wait for me? I will come soon, Soojung, do not go anywhere until I come, understand?"

Krystal couldn’t help, but she was smiling happily. There's a words that she couldn’t say at this time to Taemin, and she could only imply the happiness on Sulli and Shindong through her smiles and her glassy eyes.

Taemin worried about her. The man on the phone was still care to her.

"Hmm ..." she muttered, "I'll be waiting."

"Don’t turn off your phone!"

Then, Krystal and two people in the room and perhaps hundreds or even thousands of people who are listening to the radio broadcast didn’t hear anything again except a sounds of wind blow and commotion on the phone. A few minutes later, the sound of a woman screaming asking where Taemin would go sounding tinny. Krystal couldn’t lie, she immediately put her hands on her chest after hearing that voice. A familiar voice. Her heart was beating faster and faster.

Sulli hold Krystal's hand when she was about to hung up the phone and she whispered to Krystal, "He said you can’t turn off the phone."

"Soojung, can you hear me?"

Krystal didn’t know how long she could hold her feelings when he heard Taemin calling her name. She didn’t know how long she can hold up the tears of joy in her eyes and until when her lips can forming a smile that looks so pretty.

"Don’t turn off the phone before I got to your place, ah no, don’t turn off the phone before you see my face. Now, if you're not in the car, go into your car, lock the door and don’t open the door or even the window before I came there."

Somehow her feeling when she heard Taemin gave her a command. At first, he panted to call her name, it indicates that wind sound was a sound which was caused by the man who running to get to his car and the woman's voice, whoever she is .. it indicates that the man on the phone left her to come into her place. And his voice ... a voice that called her with worries made she burst into the tears.

"Did you get in the car?"

"Hm ..." Krystal looked up, saw Sulli and Shindong with her glassy eyes. Sulli took her hand and held it tightly. The short-haired girl smiling while Krystal gave her a warm smile that hasn’t been seen adorning her beautiful face for the last days before.

"Wait for me there, Soojung, wait for me ..."

"Ya, I'll be waiting for you."

"And I'm sorry ..."

Krystal's eyes widened when Taemin mention the word of apology. She didn’t think he was going to mention that word first.

"The argument we had yesterday, I'm sorry ... I know if I'm wrong,"

And immediately tears running down in her cheeks. Even so, she was still smiling. Tears do not always mean sadness. Like what she felt right now, she cried with joy. And tears are the only way she knows to vent her happiness.

"I know this is hard for you, the truth is this is also too much for me. I'm afraid I'm going to hurt you, I'm afraid you've misunderstood, but I swear that between me and that woman was not anything to do. I just think of her as work colleagues and our relationship just as a virtual relationship. I married her not because I love her, but because it is my job, and because ... I love you, Soojung."

Now, not only Krystal's eyes which getting widen , but also thousands eyes of Korean people who were listening to the radio broadcast. And not just Krystal who smiled brightly, Sulli and Shindong also happy.

The happiness was also a response to the sharp eyes of a man with glasses who oversees the broadcast at the time. He tapped the glass that separates him and the three people in a room and ask them to finish the call before chaos arises.

Sulli chuckled at the sight of that man was panic, while Krystal seemed happy even though she was quite aware of what chaos would greet her as she came out of the room, but it is not an important issue for her. Her heart had found the answer she was looking for, and she was very satisfied with that answer.

The man on the phone loves her, as she loves him.

"Oppa ..."

"Soojung, do you hear me? I said that I love you, I want you, I'm afraid of losing you, I really love you. I could not resist not to say those words. Jung Soojung, I love you."

"Oppa, listen to me-"

"No, you listen to me. I know this is my fault, but can you wait for me? Cause I've signed the contract, I can’t stop now. I will finish it to the end, then I'll come to you. I promise you, when all these complete, you're the first person I'm going to go. So, will you wait for me? "

Sulli and Shindong share their thoughts, then nodded at the Krystal. However, before Krystal could answer, bespectacled man finally came into the room after his patience runs out. He gave the order to stop the phone calls because in front of the building, there are so many journalists had gathered to welcome Krystal.

"Soojung ..."

"Yaa! Taemin! You're easily fooled, huh?!" Shindong takes over Krystal's phone while the girl look busy express her feelings with Sulli.

"Mwo? Who is this?"

"It's me, your hyung ..." Shindong replied.

"Hyung? Shindong Hyung?  What's going on exactly?"

"Taemin Oppa, you get into our trap." Sulli said.

"Mworago? Sulli, is that you?"

Sulli laugh, "Yeah, it's me, Oppa."

"Aish ..."

"Taemin, thank you for joining us on this opportunity," said Shindong. "But do not worry, I'll make sure that Krystal will wait until you come back."

"Yes, Hyung, you have to make sure that she will wait for me until I came to her. You also have to do it, Ssul."

 

**