Chapter 14

The Angel's Song

After a two hour flight, SM had finally set foot on JejU airport.

"WAHHHH IT'S JEJU ISLAND!" Sehun and Chanyeol squealed. They jumped on eachothers backs and clapped happily. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and growled but on the inside he was squealing along with them. *JejU island is beautiful. I'm so happy I get to be here for a week.* He thought. "Come on Baekhyun. Still growling when we're at JEJU?!" D.O. asked good-naturedly as he clapped the latter on the back.

"Whatever." Baekhyun mumbled in reply. Instead of smiling like Baekhyun expected, D.O.'s face darkened as he watched Krystal shove her carry-on bag to Byul. Following Krystal was the rest of f(X) who threw their bags on the poor girl's pile. 

Baekhyun looked towards where D.O's eyes were and found Byul struggling to hold all the bags. He almost frowned in sympathy but stopped himself. D.O growled and dragged Baekhyun along with him to Byul.

"hey..do you need some help?" D.O walked over to her and grabbed 3 bags from her pile. Byul's mouth hung open. Didn't he hate her? What happened? She took a hand and shook it over D.O's face. "D.O-shi? Are you sick?" She asked worriedly. She took her hand and put the back of it gently on his forehead. "No fever. Do you feel faint? Can you breathe?" She asked again. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and smirked. *idiot.*

D.O just smiled as he took another bag from her pile. "No. I'm not sick. I'm not blind. Your Kim byul. And your not a burden." He said as he looked at her meaningfully.

Byul fidgeted her fingers as she eyed D.O. She couldn't trust him yet. He never acted like she was a burden before. But what was that recording? 

"That recording was all Krystal's doing." D.O said as his eyes darkened just a bit.

"what recording?" Baekhyun muttered as his ears perked up.

"She recorded us practicing a script and used it against me. Against Byul. Byul you know I would never say something about you like that. And I know you didn't steal the song. well.. Now I do. I apologize for not believing in you before." D.O. explained while looking at his feet.

Byul smiled as she lifted his head just slightly. "D.O-shi.. I forgave you a long time ago. I was just scared that you hated me. That was all. I never was worthy of your kindness in the first place. You were too nice to me and I didn't know if it was a dream. To talk and introduce me to your friends. Someone like me D.O.-shi." Byul replied in that soft tone of hers. D.O. just smiled and nodded.

Baekhyun cleared his throat to let the two know he was still there. Byul stiffened at the sight of Baekhyun. She looked at him with unreadable eyes. To be honest, she was still scared of him. He was the complete opposite of D.O. D.O was warm and easygoing, easy to approach while Baekhyun knew nothing except growling and grumbling and frowning and being a cold wall. But she knew there was good in him. He had brought her jook when she was sick and added his phone number in her contacts.

D.O. just nudged Baekhyun slightly while looking at Byul. "this retard knew the song was yours before everything even started and didn't even do anything about it. Don't worry Byul. Before I kill him we'll clear your name." He smiled.

Byul smiled brightly back at him. She couldn't be the happiest. She got her best friend back. And her dad. Baekhyun and D.o. stopped a little at her smile. It was bright. It wasn't a slight smile or a forced smile or a pained smile. It was a bright smile that reached her eyes. 

"Thank you D.O-shi.. thank you Baekhyun-shi.." she said as she looked down to hide her blush.

"BOARD THE BUS SM! WE'LL BE GOING TO OUR HOTEL NOW!" The teacher yelled out. Byul took f(x)'s suitcases from the conveyer belt and heaved them onto the carts. She struggled to push it as she frowned a little. If only f(x) was a little nicer to her. before she could even walk 10 steps D.O. walked in and pushed the cart with her. She looked at him shocked a little. "DO-shi I'm fine.." She said. "No your not. I'll help you." 

Baekhyun just followed wordlessly behind the two. *psh. they look like a couple.* When he thought that he felt a slight pain in his chest. *What was that? Am I having a asthma attack?*

The bus ride was a long one. About an hour or so. But Byul looked out the window at the passing scenery and had her head stuck to the window like a child. was hanging open as her eyes sparkled. the sea color was a pastel green color with the brightest blue sky ever. the grandfather stones that jeju was famous for were scattered all over the island.

"pretty right?" D.O. asked as he chuckled at Byul. Byul's eyes never left the window as she nodded slowly. D.O. had made sure to inform exo about Byul's innocence. Kai looked skeptical at first but gave in while Sehun jumped around happy. "I knew it! I knew it!" He yelped. Suho just smiled good-naturedly while Chanyeol's eyes sparkled. They knew Byul wasn't that type of person.

Baekhyun was on the opposite side of the bus as Byul and was looking out of the bus window also. But instead of being like a child he just stared mindlessly, his mind flowing off into the waves of the sea. *Why am I acting so weird these days? I used to not have any problem with being cold to girls. But.. Byul makes me feel.. different. I feel the old Baekhyun coming back. But he can't.*

"we've arrived students!" The SM students rolled out of the bus as they expected a fancy hotel.

but in front of them was a folk village. an ancient one. Jaws dropped everywhere.

"You've got to be kidding me.." Minho started.

"Nope! I'm not! In fact, you guys will be living life like they did back then! You'll wash dishes like they did back then, get water in the vases, harvest your own food, live in the houses, clean horse poop, it'll be great!" The teacher chirped.

"what?" Krystal spat as the imagination of a 60 story hotel faded out of her mind.

"Yup! This MT is not for sight-seeing but teamwork. YOu should feel honored that the country allowed us to use this historical artifact. It'll be important to know what it felt like to live back then."

While f(x) and Shinee grumbled, Byul just smiled.

She agreed with the teacher. It was important to feel connections with the past. She smiled up at D.O. who was next to her who smiled back. She didn't forget to smile at Baekhyun also.

"It's alright with me if I get to spend time with Chunsa Noona!" Sehun squealed. Krystal's head turned back rapidly. Chunsa Noona? She haven't heard that nickname in weeks. After the incident. She fumed when she found Byul being surrounded by exo again.

*no.. I'm not going to let this off so easily.* She thought as she turned back around.

 

A/N: thank you for your comments and upvotes! I appreciate them so much!
You know, writing is nothing when I don't get to get feedback from ya'll!
Don't hesitate to criticize the writing either! If you think something in the story is too unoriginal or too cliche or whatevver don't hesitate to write about it! I don't expect you guys to think positive things about all the chapters I write.

Even after I write and I read the chapter again I face-palm myself thinking "What the heck was I writing?" Ahaha.

Thank you again!