Chapter 12

The Angel's Song

"Bye Dad!"

"Bye my star!" Byul's dad adjusted the scarf wrapped around Byul's neck.

"Have a great day at school!"

Byul smiled one of her expensive bright smiles as she closed the door to her apartment.

She grabbed the straps of her backpack as she walked to the bus stop.

The last few weeks were amazing. Things at school were worse though. D.O. would not even look at her and even Sehun's annoying choking/hugging were gone. Even Baekhyun's nasty glares were all gone. Instead, he would always look at her with an unreadable expression. Krystal and f(x) would torment her and there was no way Byul could prove her innocence.

But her home-life made up for it. she always looked forward to going to her house, her dad would always waiting for her in the living room couch. It was 3 years since she last had a person in the house waiting for her. She would always tell him about the events of the day, making sure to cut out the bullying parts.

She got off the bus and walked into the school building. The students all turned silent as Byul walked in. *Byul.. stay strong.* She thought to herself as the student's nasty glares were all thrown at her. A ruckus from the back of the hallway caused Byul to lift up her head. Exo was there, playing around as usual but once Chanyeol's big and bright eyes landed on Byul they looked down. Byul bit her lip as the rest of exo looked way from her and quieted down. D.O., who used to be the most eager to see her bit his lip and looked at the ground. Only Baekhyun looked straight at her.

 

*Why can't she stand up for herself? Why can't she say anything in defense?!* He yelled in his mind as he growled slightly. *I hate pitiful girls like her. Who aren't strong.*

But to exo's surprise Byul walked up to D.O. and muttered lowly only so that exo could hear.

"Let me just ask you one question D.O-shi.." She started, still looking down at her shoes.

D.O. just looked up slightly looking at her. "Was I really just a burden to you? A pitiful creature you took ultimate pity on? Was I really a pain in the ? Was I just an annoying attention seeker? I'm sorry if you saw me that way. Because that definitely wasn't my intent."

D.O's eyes widened. "what are you talking about?" He asked as his eyebrows pinched in confusion, to which a pained smile appeared on Byul's lips.

"Ask yourself D.O-shi." With that, Byul walked away leaving exo shocked and bewildered.

"what.. just.. happened..." Kai muttered as he eyed Byul's retreating figure.

"Hyung.. did you really say those stuff about her?" Sehun asked a slight disappointment in his voice.

*i'm disappointed in Chunsa noona but I hate seeing her being hurt like that all the time. I hate it when Krystal and f(x) always torment her. I know she deserves it after what she did but I can't believe it. It can't be true. Chunsa Noona is definitely not that kind of person. UGH I'M SO CONFUSED!* Sehun ran a frustrated hand through his hair.

"No.. I didn't! Even if I'm disappointed about Byul I would NEVER say those things about her."

"that's true.. Even when you cracked one of D.O.'s special plates he never said anything mean about anyone." Suho said nodding.

"I don't know what she's talking about." D.O. said as his eyebrows furrowed in confused.

*D.O. would never say something like that. And Byul would never make up lies and say he said something like that. She would never even talk to us in the first place if she did something wrong. She would run away if she did something wrong. She's just that type of person. The bravery she had to say that to D.O. means she relaly didn't do anything wrong. If that prideless girl had really stolen the piece she wouldn't have the pride to even step foot in the school anymore. Something is fishy.* Baekhyun thought as he tapped his chin. 

*Augh. her problem. Not dealing with it.* He quickly shook his head and put his straight and stone cold face on again. *it's funny though. I feel like D.O. and I switched roles. Now I'm worrying about her and he's cold to her. Heh. WAIT WHO SAID I WAS WORRIED ABOUT HER? aish it's all D.O's fault.*

 

"appa.." Byul ran into her father's arms when she returned back home from another dramatic school day.

"Ah my star.. Welcome back!" He said tightening his grip around her.

"Appa. what do you want for dinner?" 

"oh my daughter is going to cook?"

"No.. I'm going to order hehe. I at cooking dad."

"Really? That is the same as your mother too. Her toast tasted like bricks." He said chuckling slightly at the memory.

"really? That's funny."

"Well! i guess it's dad's turn to cook for his star."

"YOU CAN COOK DAD?!" 

"Yes I can.. Let's eat kimchi fried rice for dinner!"

Byul smiled brightly as she went to her room changing out of her school uniform. She had taken a break on fridays from angel's cafe. Just to spend more time with her father.

Soon enough, delicious smells came from the kitchen.

"My star! Dinner's ready!"

Byul hurriedly sat on their little folding table on the ground. "THANK YOU FOR THE FOOD!" She dug in and smiled brightly, her rare eyesmile showing. She chewed and smiled and beamed. "it's so good appa."

"That's good."

they ate in a comfortable silence as Byul thought. *This is such a humble meal, but it tastes so good. It tastes like real food. Full of love.*

"Byul.."

"yes?"

"I'm so sorry."

"come on appa.. I told you not to be sorry. I've forgiven you a long time ago."

"But I can't get the guilt out of my heart. The guilt of coming home drunk and angry. For leaving your mom and you. For not coming to the funeral. For making you live alone for 3 years. I just couldn't bring my face to you again. After all I did I'm sure you would hate me but I couldn't take not seeing how you've grown up. I feel ashamed for even bringing my face to you."

"appa.." Byul felt tears b her eyes.

"If I could turn back time.. I would." He said as he looked at his daughter with a heartfelt gaze.

"I wouldn't. Because I'm the happiest right now. I'm the happiest I've ever been."

"My sweet daughter. My sweet star. I love you so much." Byul's father walked over to her and brought her into his arms.

"I love you too appa.. I love you too"

 

The day of the MT came. Byul had packed her suitcase for the weeklong trip. Nobody told them where in jeju Island they would go. 

"Are you sure you'll be fine?" Her dad asked for the nth time.

"yes..appa i'm a big girl. I took care of myself for 3 years. I can do it for a week."

"Okay my star.. Stay safe okay? don't come back with a thousand broken bones."

"Don't worry dad. Bye!"

She waved and rolled her luggage towards the bus stop. She enjoyed the 45 minute bus ride. It let her think alot.

*I miss exo. I miss exo a lot. I miss my first friends. I miss D.O.-shi.. I miss... yeah I guess I miss Baekhyun-shi too.*

She got up from her seat once the bus reached the school. She rolled her luggage out and took a deep breath. 

*Let's just hope this trip isn't hell.*

 

 

A/N: I apologize for the boring chapter. I'm a er for father-daughter moments so i added a bunch in here. I'm sorry there aren't a lot of exo moments but there are going to be a TON! hehe dont' worry! :)