Oneshot.

Soul Stealer
Oneshot.
"Soul Stealer"

[notreallyproofreadxD]

 

"Eunhyuk, could you please stop it?" Donghae repeated, for the hundredth time already, unable to hide the annoyed tone in his voice. He was watching the guy with bright red hair before him, who kept staring at the TV with narrowed eyes, sitting perfectly still. Whenever something on the screen moved abruptly, he would jump backwards, growling at the foreign thing before him. Donghae had been observing that repetitive game for a while now, and he grew tired of it. Instead of fully focusing on the show that was airing, Eunhyuk kept distracting him. If he hadn't known that the other literally wasn't from this world, he'd have proclaimed him as an insane person by now. Not like Eunhyuk being something far from human made things easier. Finally, the redhead turned towards him, frown on his face, and it was hard for Donghae not to burst out laughing. How could he keep that serious face on all the time?

"Hae, something's inside that box." Eunhyuk declared, glancing at the TV in suspicion. Donghae rolled his eyes.

"Well of course. It's called technology." He wasn't in the mood to explain how a TV worked just to make the other stop, and he wouldn't have been able to anyway. Donghae wasn't very fond of technical devices, and for some weird reason, they seemed to hate him, too. Eunhyuk narrowed his eyes even more, then let himself fall onto the sofa beside the human boy. He was still tense, that much Donghae could see, but at least he kept quiet and only lightly flinched when something surprised him. In moments like this, it was hard to imagine what the red haired boys true nature and purpose was. For what he'd come to find him. And much harder to understand why he'd once been so afraid of Eunhyuk- though that fear hadn't completely vanished yet. There were moments in which he reminded Donghae of the way he'd been like when they first met, and he hated those times. That was why he simply didn't think of them. Unconsciously, though, he recalled their very first meeting in his mind.

 

It hadn't been very spectacular in itself, when he thought about it. His day had started as it always did. He'd went to university, he'd attended lectures, and he'd done most of his work in the library on the campus as every so often. It had been the start of autumn, with the first few trees losing their colorful leaves. Donghae remembered that very well, since Eunhyuk's hair had strongly resembled the red color of some of them. And not only his hair- the blood, too.

As usual, it had gotten late before he knew it, and the library was about to close, so he'd been more or less forced to go home. Apart from some girls chilling outside alone, which he found a bit risky, the campus had been empty. Not a single soul had been around, yet the boy didn't dislike it nor lost his calm. The way to the subway station wasn't far, and he didn't even need to change lines on the way, living pretty close to the uni. The feeling on that night had been different then normally though- Donghae now realized that better than he had back then, when he was still clueless as to what was going to happen. Making his way down towards the subway with his bag around the shoulders and hands stuffed into the pockets of his pants (it had gotten quite cold), he hadn't noticed the figure stalking behind him, following him closely. Neither had he seen  nor heard it; it moved without making a sound, completely silent. That was until it had decided to reveal itself.

And that was when he laid eyes on the demon called Eunhyuk for the first time.

At first glance, a regular person would've mistaken him for some random, ordinary guy who was waiting for the train as well. Donghae though, apparently not being as normal as he'd believed, didn't need to take a second look to realize that there was something wrong about the red haired stranger. The first thing he'd noticed were his claw like hands drenched in red, and he didn't want to know where that red come from. The corners of the strangers lips, too, were tainted by it, and had turned into a wicked smirk in the exact moment Donghae had noticed all that. Revealing rows of pearly white, sharp looking fangs that clearly weren't human. Much more like a carnivores teeth. And then, his eyes, not brown, or green, but grey, the color of ashes. Emitting a creepy glow. Frightening, yes, but also fascinating. It didn't take a second for Donghae to fear that stranger, a very human reaction, and yet he had been unable to run. Whether it was a spell of Eunhyuk that had bound him at that time or his own, sleeping powers that were telling him to stay- he couldn't tell. All he remembered was that he'd stood there, immobile, as the stranger kept staring at him out of those inhuman eyes, like an animal eyeing it's prey. And that was probably exactly what he was to the red haired male. The thought struck Donghae pretty late, considering that he'd noticed the dried blood way earlier and that there had to be a source of it. It had been only then that he turned around to walk up the stairs at a normal pace again, trying to not raise any suspicion, even though his train had arrived. For a second there, he'd been considering to enter the wagon, to get under people, but what if that caused even more of a ruckus- and more deaths beside his own? Abandoning the idea, he kept moving without looking back, when a hand suddenly grazed his shoulder and rested on it. From the corners of his eyes, he could see enough to figure where this was going. Blood stained hands. His heartbeat fastened, and it was hard to keep his breathing regular. Exhaling deeply to keep his calm, his lips formed the words that came to his mind first.

"What do you want with me?" Too afraid to whirl around and face the monster like stranger, and also too afraid to brush the hand of his shoulder, he awaited any kind of answer.

"I want to eat you up whole." The voice was husky and low, reminding him of an animals growl, and he felt sharp nails digging into his flesh. Donghae shuddered, but his mind had been astonishingly clear considering the situation, which surprised him even today. And what he did after that, it was still a mystery to him. He had turned around to face Eunhyuk, overcome by a sudden wave of confidence and strength, gazing into the mesmerizing orbs of his opposer, whose eyes widened unremarkably.

"I'm sorry, but I can't let you do that."

 

After that, for some unexplainable reason, Eunhyuk had backed away, staring at Donghae in disbelief without saying a word, not attempting to touch him anymore, but not leaving either. For a while they'd been standing there like this, observing each other, as the tension between them faded. And so did the dangerous aura that had surrounded the red haired boy, who later claimed to be a soul stealing demon.

Said demon was now sitting right beside him, on a sofa, in his apartment, watching TV. Donghae still didn't know why he wouldn't leave. But he'd noticed that there seemed to be an invisible barrier that didn't allow Eunhyuk to touch him. Of course that was a good thing, it meant he was safe around a creature that surely wouldn't have any problems eating him up alive. At the same time though, it meant that every other person out there was in danger of experiencing exactly that fate. Donghae sighed, placing a hand on Eunhyuk's red hair that stood in such a great contrast to the boys perfect pale skin. his head softly, gaining Eunhyuk's attention, Donghae asked:

"You. You won't hurt a person anymore now, right?" Secretly, he'd been scared of that ever since they started living together, for the past three weeks. Which was why he hadn't brought the demon outside yet. Since Donghae didn't allow it, it seemed like Eunhyuk couldn't do it. As if he was to obey the rules set by the other. Eunhyuk backed away from Donghae's touch, reminding the boy once again that the demon wasn't a pet he could play with as he wanted. Well, he didn't really look like a pet either, more like- a normal human. Now that he'd hidden his fearsome fangs and claws. With those swift and cat like movements of his, Eunhyuk arose, his gaze directed towards the ground. He hadn't given any response.

It was amazing how the kind of funny and lighthearted atmosphere from before had changed into this rather heavy one.

"Answer me." Donghae kept pushing, he needed to hear it. He needed to be 100% sure before taking him outside, because honestly it hurt him to see the demon stroll around the apartment like a caged wildcat. Eunhyuk's expression was unreadable when he reluctantly returned Donghae's gaze.

"I can't promise that." A truthful answer, and yet he would've liked a lie better. Eunhyuk wasn't done yet, though, and Donghae wished he would've left it at that. "I'm a demon. You know that I survive on souls."  Yes, of course he knew, he didn't need to remind him. It was a reality Donghae couldn't escape, though he would've given up a lot if he could. Somewhere along their stay together, he'd grown weirdly attached to the red haired boy. In a way that made him feel uncomfortable- since he wasn't sure if this was to put under the category of the regular 'like' or something more than that. He blamed it on his lack of social contacts. Why else would a sane person think of a demon that way? Donghae pouted, giving Eunhyuk a sad look.

"Couldn't you at least try to make it seem as if you wouldn't?" Yes, he knew he was behaving like a stubborn child, but he couldn't help it. He wanted to go out with the other male. He wanted to- well, what exactly did he want? Bring Eunhyuk along to the campus to show him around? Eat out with him? Or even more ridiculous - introduce him to his parents, who'd been calling daily for weeks now? None of that could ever happen. He kept forgetting. And yet he was being so peristant. Eunhyuk hadn't moved yet, but now he fully turned around towards Donghae again, who'd stood up on his part, too. He stepped closer towards the human, raised an arm to place his hand on the other male's shoulder, but he couldn't. He couldn't touch Donghae. Of course. Heaving a sigh, Eunhyuk said, half-heartedly:

"Alright then. I won't hurt anyone." Donghae could tell it wasn't a sincere answer this time, but he ignored it. As well as the fact that the demon kept avoiding his gaze.

 

***

 

The next morning, after a night of way too less sleep, came after what had felt like ages to Eunhyuk. As soon as the first sunrays made their way past the closed curtains, the demon awoke, being pretty sensitive to light. It didn't particularly harm him, but it hurt his eyes that were adapted to the night, and he didn't like the feeling of it on his human skin either. Yawning while stretching comfortably, the red haired sat up from his sleeping position. At some point during the night, he'd sneaked into Donghae's room, curling up against the bed, dozing off on the floor, as he did pretty often. The human must've been used to that by now, if he'd noticed it at all. Eunhyuk could just not stay away from the warm glow that the other emitted, much less from the delicious scent of his. Inhaling deeply with his eyes shut, he enjoyed the moment a little longer, before he got moving soundlessly. Slipping out of the room like a shadow, he decided to rest on the sofa until Donghae would wake up and prepare food. Though he disliked the food humans ate a lot, the demon had grown used to that procedure, it had become a daily habit. And he didn't want to disappoint the other male in any way. Plopping down onto the sofa, Eunhyuk shot the front door a short glance. He hadn't gotten past that border for weeks now. Normally he wouldn't care. The human world didn't interest him much, apart the food it offered for soul stealers like him. And that was actually the point. He was a creature with high endurance related to hunger, but even he would sooner or later feel the aftereffects of starving. Not a word had he told Donghae about that. It would've ruined his plan. Eunhyuk his lips and slightly bit them, until his own blood seeped into his mouth. It reminded him, he should keep his disguise up before the other awoke. Then again, he'd probably notice early enough. Leaning back into the soft pillows, ignoring the hollow feeling in his chest area, Eunhyuk waited.

 

***

 

Stepping out of his room wearing nothing but his plain boxers, the first thing Donghae laid eyes on was - who else - but Eunhyuk. His eyes were closed, he seemed to be asleep, which was why the brown haired male did his best at tippy-toeing towards the kitchen to make breakfast. He did fail, however, as the demon's eyes flicked open, resting on him. Donghae smiled awkwardly.

"Good morning." He said, while the other male simply averted his gaze, halfway closing his jet-black eyes. It bothered Donghae a little that he didn't get any kind of reaction at all.  "Yeah, I also slept well, thanks for asking." He said, sounding a tiny bit huffy, though he knew it was stupid of him. Examining the demon's expression closely, he tried to find any clue, anything that might indicate whether there was something wrong with him. He'd become quieter, though Eunhyuk hadn't been very communicative from the beginning. And occasionally, he'd catch him staring out of the window, down onto the street. 'Occasionally' had turned into 'often' by now. Chewing on his lower lip to fight the bad consciousness he started developing, Donghae entered the kitchen and started rummaging in there, searching for two clean bowls and chopsticks. While he was at it, he raised his voice to speak with the one waiting in the living room, speaking just about loud enough for his sensitive ears to pick up his words.

"I've been thinking, you know" He started, unsure on how to put it best, "I feel bad for making you stay in here for so long." Several weeks, to be precise, and if Eunhyuk hadn't been a not-so-ordinary person, this might as well count as some kind of torture or imprisonment. Another part of Donghae tried to defend his decisions through reason. After all, the red haired male was a possible danger. Either way, he'd made a choice. Taking a deep breath, Donghae declared: "Let's go out today." There was nothing but silence responding to him, and he grew annoyed. "What do you think?"

"I think it's a bad idea." The answer came so fast it startled him for a second, and he almost dropped the bowl he was holding. After safely placing it on the table, Donghae flatly stated:

 "I believe it's a great idea." Even if the other resisted, he'd have him tag along. So that he'd no longer feel guilty.

After finishing the food quietly, handing one bowl to Eunhyuk while keeping the other to himself, he sat opposite to the other, watching him. Waiting for him to start eating. He didn't. Instead, Eunhyuk shoved the fried rice away from him, heaving a sigh.

"Stop trying so hard," he said, "Just eat."

"I want to eat together with you."

"But I don't." The two were glaring at each other by then, the demon's expression serious and calm, whilst Donghae wore a frown on his face. He couldn't stand it.

"What's wrong with you?" he wanted to know, sounding way more offensive than he intended to, but it was too late anyway. Eunhyuk slightly tilted his head.

"I should be asking that. Be honest with yourself, Donghae. Why are you trying so much to see me as a human? Wake up already." Donghae opened his mouth to talk back, but the male opposite to him wouldn't let him. "I tried to eat you. I've come to steal your soul. I'm bad for you, and you should know it. I don't even belong here." Swallowing the mouthful of rice he'd taken, Donghae stared at Eunhyuk in disbelief. His words were true, and it hurt. Who was he kidding. All this time he'd been deceiving himself. Having lost his appetite, he arose, carrying both bowls into the kitchen and carelessly placing them in the sink before wordlessly crossing the living room, vanishing into the bathroom. After getting ready, Donghae slipped on his jacket and put on a cap, just to decide afterwards that it'd be better to let Eunhyuk wear that. His haircolor really was too eye-catching.

"Come here," he ordered, and the demon proved pretty obedient, standing before him a few seconds later. Without even asking, he put the cap onto the taller one's head, happy with the outcome. Looking down on Eunhyuk, he also found his clothes to be acceptable. Anything else but black skinny jeans along with a black, close fitting shirt wouldn't match the demon anyway. There was something dark about him already, it couldn't be wrong to underline that, since it made him look kind of mysterious, dangerous, and cool at the same time. Handsome, Donghae though, eyeing the other male who wore an indifferent expression. The atmosphere between them couldn't be worse.

 

Shortly after, they were strolling down the street after having caught the subway downtown. The station remembered Donghae of their first meeting, and he had to admit he felt a little nervous walking around with Eunhyuk like this. With other people passing them unknowingly, he kept glancing over to the demon who looked as calm as ever. His charcoal colored orbs scanning the surroundings while his ears probably picked up sounds Donghae couldn't even dream of hearing. The silence was killing him, and so, he blurted out:

"I'm sorry, okay?" He had stopped in his tracks, so did Eunhyuk, whose attention he'd gotten again. "I'm probably being selfish, but I can't just treat you like-" He was at at a loss of words "How am I even supposed to treat you?" The desperation overcoming him was bittersweet. Never before had his feelings messed him up that much, and he was unable to change that. He liked the red haired demon. He liked him even though he shouldn't. Eunhyuk's eyes darkened as he looked down at Donghae, though the latter couldn't tell what it was that bothered the male. Again, Eunhyuk raised one hand to touch Donghae's shaking shoulder; again, he was unable to. They never touched. Though that was okay, he didn't want that kind of comfort. Donghae just wanted- he didn't know. Whatever it was he longed for, it was destroying him.

"You should've hated me. Or told me to leave and never return." Eunhyuk's voice was low and didn't hold any kind of emotion, but there was sadness showing on his face- or was it regret?

"How am I supposed to do that when there's finally someone willing to stay with me," Donghae mumbled, frustrated, biting his lips again. Eunhyuk sighed, then a smirk appeared on his lips for the first time in a long while.

"Listen, I'm also sorry, alright? I - overdid it," he said out of the blue, and although it sounded like an excuse to get over with the topic, Donghae playfully hit his shoulder.

"Just don't ever mention all this again, I feel like I'm the only one happy about us living together." What was he, an overly attached girlfriend? This seemed so much like a lover's quarrel, it was becoming embarrassing.

"Let's just- move on." With that, the to boys continued their stroll, without any fixed goal on mind. Donghae hadn't planned anything, since no matter what he'd thought of, it'd have felt too much like a date to him- when it wasn't supposed to be anything close to that. At least they weren't fighting anymore. A thud resounded next to him, and Donghae turned to the source of the noise, actually the side on which Eunhyuk was walking. Said one was now facing a woman that was eagerly bowing and apologizing, apparently for bumping into the red haired boy. If it wasn't for a bad feeling arising in his stomach, Donghae would've chuckled at the sight. But Eunhyuk's behavior unsettled him considerably. The demon was standing perfectly still, gaze fixed on the woman, eyes lightly squinted. That stance, it reeked of trouble. As Donghae approached Eunhyuk to drag him along, the latter let out a deep, inhuman snarl, scaring the poor woman who didn't seem to have recognized Eunhyuk as the source of the sound. Panicking, the smaller male's eyes darted to the demon's hands that looked way more like claws by then, and his eyes that were grey like ashes again. Before Eunhyuk could reach out and grab the woman, or bare his fangs at her, Donghae had locked arms with him, dragging him away, whispering:

"Get your act together, what are you thinking?" Frightening strangers like that- If he hadn't been around, the woman would've been very unlucky. He doubted that there was anything else capable of stopping the demon if he was serious. Eunhyuk blinked, looking confused for a second before regaining his posture. Then he suggested:

"We should maybe head back. I feel terrible out here."

Donghae could only agree.

***

 

As soon as the door closed behind them, Eunhyuk felt a little better. Staying sane out there, it'd been pure torture. A fight with himself and his needs. All the souls surrounding him had made him crazy enough with their scent alone, and when one of them had been so close he could've almost touched it, all self control had been lost. He was, after all, a ruthless monster. And the bigger part of his conscience didn't even feel bad about it. Donghae, though- he did feel bad for his sake. Great start into the day. So, Eunhyuk apologized once again, which Donghae waved aside.

"I was actually prepared for that." He claimed, shrugging. Judging from the calm state he was in, that seemed to be the truth. Had he been underestimating the human? The demon couldn't tell, but he noticed the faint glimmer of sadness in the other's eyes nevertheless. So it had affected him. Seeing Donghae all depressed was a sight he disliked, so Eunhyuk closed the few steps distance between them, caging the smaller between him and the wall, trying to cup his face with his hands, in vain. Donghae peeked up at him with his warm, brown, sad-looking eyes.

"Can you imagine how much I hate this?" he suddenly wondered aloud, causing Eunhyuk to raise an eyebrow.

"Hate what?" He sure hoped it wasn't him he hated- though that soon wouldn't matter anymore.

"This. That you can't touch me,"  the human clarified, leaving Eunhyuk flabbergasted. Not because he'd been thinking the same, not exactly at least. It was just that he had thought it'd take Donghae longer to admit that. And now that he did, and he was so close, Eunhyuk was overtaxed with the situation he'd been imagining on his mind a thousand times.

"I wish you could touch me," Donghae spoke, his words like a magical spell to the demon, who finally was able to feel the other's slim face between his hands. his cheeks with his thumb gently, Eunhyuk smiled down at Donghae, who in return beamed at him and placed a peck on his forehead, stretching his body to reach it. Eunhyuk let it happen with mixed thoughts, a warm feeling overcame him,  it must've been longing. Automatically, his hands slid down to the other males waist, and he pulled him against his chest, so close he could hear the other male's heart beating. Closing his eyes, intoxicated by the human's sweet scent, enjoying the warmth and the sound of his steady heartbeat, he rested his chin on the other's shoulder. They stayed like that for a while, until he felt Donghae's hands first ghost over his chest, then over his defined abs under the shirt he wore. This action was like a cue to him, or a trigger- Eunhyuk lifted the other male up effortlessly, carrying him the few steps towards the sofa, where he carefully placed him while he himself kept standing. Still smirking, he gazed down at the one before his eyes. In all honesty, he'd come to like those brown orbs and handsome features in a way he had never done before. He felt bad for only realizing now.

"What, that's all I get?" Donghae teased, provocative tone in his voice, and the demon shook his head. He bent down to the other, who on his part looked up in expectation. Eunhyuk crashed his lips onto the male's soft ones. They tasted sweet and a little salty at the same time, a nice combination. He found himself intensifying the kiss, softly on the other's lower lip. Without parting even once, they soon laid on the sofa together, Eunhyuk hovering over Donghae, who was a fairly good kisser. The demon didn't have that much experience, but seemingly, Donghae did. His body was heating up. And so was Eunhyuk's, though most likely for another reason. The hole in his chest ached, waiting to be filled. At the point the pain became unbearable, he broke the kiss. Their lips separated. Donghae looked disappointed and happy at the same time, his eyes sparkling from - love? But Eunhyuk was hurting. In agony. He groaned, a sound easily misinterpreted by the other, but he didn't care. He couldn't withstand any longer as the demon broke through. Donghae's eyes, he saw them widen, and yet they were still filled with that one feeling that made people blind and stupid. Eunhyuk didn't understand. Why didn't that change even when his claws dug into the his vulnerable skin, creating wounds from which lots of blood seeped onto the sofa? Why did Donghae show no fear, even when Eunhyuk bared his fangs at him, growling and piercing him with his glare? How could he, when he was all monster, still smile at him? Eunhyuk would've thought about that further if his mind hadn't  been as clouded by hunger.

"I'm going to take what's mine. Your soul," he muttered, their gazes entwined for a last, painful moment, and then Eunhyuk leaned in to deliver Donghae's last kiss. This time, it was a pure, simple one. He awaited the human's struggle as the life flowed out of him, but there wasn't anything like that. Donghae's heart was beating, beating for him, and he couldn't stand the sight, so Eunhyuk closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the pain to fade.

*******

[END]

 

 

 


Okay. So this was it xD

Interpret the end however you want it, I left it a bit open ~

So now what has been bugging me- I can't seem to decide who I prefer to top in Eunhae xD I mean, look at those boys, they both are hot y and cute at the same time haha :> That's why I tried to not let one of them be too much on the 'female' side (though Eunhyuk is kind of 'manlier' in this one Cx). I hope you get what I mean >_<

Either way I had fun writing this and I'm definitely going to write something longer with Donghae next.

Thanks a lot for reading!