Short Night and Favorite Place

Favorite Place

Korea, Mid April 2013

 

A guy with black hair and white skin was standing in front of the mirror. He checked himself, sprayed his bleu de chanel perfume, and in a minute he’s ready. He wore a navy blue t-shirt, with grey blazer, and blue navy jeans. He looked so perfectly neat and handsome that night. He glanced his watch once again and suddenly a bit shocked, “Oh Sh*t!”, he cursed himself after looking at his watch that showed some numbers, 8:13 pm. He was actually late 13 minutes. Quickly, he grabbed his car keys and run out of the room. “YAH! Odiga?”, someone yelled at him from the living room. He stopped his steps and turned his head into that person, “Oh Yonghwa hyung, I want to go to my girl’s apartment”

“Don’t you feel tired?”, his hyung asked him suddenly, “We just came back and you wanna go?”

“Hyung, this is the only chance to meet her, we will be busy start from tomorrow”, He explained the reason excitedly. “Don’t you have a date?”

“No, she has her dinner with her family”, His hyung said it calmly while watching the TV. Looking there was no intention from his hyung to continue the conversation, he run quickly to the front door. He could hear his hyung telling something from a far, “YAH! Don’t be too long, we’ll be back to Japan tomorrow!”

***

 

Cheongdam-dong, at night

He parked his car in the basement of a big apartment building in Cheongdam-dong. He already texted his girlfriend, informed her that he’s arrived and waited for her. A shadow slowly walked to his car. The shadow was getting closer when he changed his favorite radio channel. The silhouette of a woman could be seen through his rear view mirror. She’s getting closer and looked so gorgeous with only soft pink dress, white bag and red plastic bag. She then took a look inside and knocked the window. She looked so happy seeing her boyfriend inside. He opened the lock. Suddenly, a song could be heard inside the car, “Nothing Better” by Jung Yeop.

“Annyooong my guitar freak!”, she entered the car while imitating a guitarist hand gesture. The guy chuckled and his girlfriend slowly leaned her head a bit closer, kissing his cheek. After that he showed his dimples, felt so happy to meet his girlfriend again.

“I miss my beautiful girl”, he patted her head softly. His girlfriend showed him a sweet smile.

“Where are we going now?”, she said with her aegyo voice, fastening her seat belt.

He winked his right eye, “Our favorite place” His action made the woman giggled. She realized that her boyfriend can be funny and flirty at the same time. He moved the hand brake and steering the wheel, moving the car outside from the apartment. For the first ten minutes, they’re only listening to the music, “P.D.A” and “Save Room” by John Legend on the radio, talked about this and that, while his eyes were focusing on the road. The woman turned her head to reach something in the back, a magazine actually, and found it so interesting. She looked at the cover and smile widely, “AN.AN”, She said it out loud, made her boyfriend turned his head to face her. She flipped through the pages, looking for her boyfriend’s picture, “CNBLUE…LEE JONGHYUN”, she said it slowly yet loudly in teasing tone.

“Ah~ You already saw it?”, Jonghyun glanced at her face for a while. She couldn’t keep her smile after seeing the pictures, “OMO~ Why he is so handsome?”, she mumbled but could be heard by Jonghyun. Jonghyun smiled widely hearing that statement. “My Jonghyun”, she said while raising her left hand, caressing his right cheek. Jonghyun showed his dimples again, tilted his head a bit to see his girlfriend’s face. Suddenly, she leaned her head closer and pecked his lips. Jonghyun took a back a little, he’s startled actually. “Yah, Im Yoona! Do you want to die? I’m driving now.” He then focused on the road again.

“Wae?”, she pouted. “You don’t like it?”

“I…like it”, he glanced at her and then laughed, “but it just made me surprised”

Yoona just grimaced, her thin fingers rubbed the picture as if the person inside could be out from the magazine. “But I don’t understand the meaning, I want to know what are you talking about here”, she pouted her lips again while pointing the interviewing section.

“I’ll tell you later, Ok? We almost there”, He said it softly and she just nodded while holding Jonghyun’s right hand tightly.

***

 

Their Favorite Place,

They arrived at the beautiful mountain, close to Myeongdong. The sky was so dark but the stars made it more beautiful. Jonghyun parked the car not too far from the bench because it made them easier too runaway if some fans or journalists noticed them. They walked hand in hand to the bench. Yoona run towards the bench, while squeezing Jonghyun’s hands. After reaching the bench, Yoona was so amazed and excited seeing the beautiful view in front of them, the dark sky which contains millions of stars, city lights and trees. Jonghyun just smiled looking at his girlfriend. He motioned her to sit down, covering her lap with a Rilakkuma blanket that he brought before. He knew it is her favorite. His left hand embraced her shoulder, starting to enjoy the view.

“Ah! I almost forget~”, Yoona said, busy with her red plastic bag. Jonghyun raised his eyebrows. “One hot chocolate for me and one hot caramel macchiato for you!”, then she served the cups. Jonghyun curved his lips, “Thank you, it’d better if it’s cool”, and he ruffled her hair. Suddenly, Yoona gave him a death glare, “Hell no! you have to take care of your throat”

Jonghyun chuckled, “Arasso, my love”, and then pinched her nose while sipping the coffee. “I’m sorry”

Yoona moved her head to the right, caressing his cheek, “Wae?”

“I’m sorry to bring you here. I should prepare a romantic dinner with candle light”, He said it softly, made his embrace even tighter.

“This is just enough for me, for us. Actually, I love this kind of dating”, she smiled, exploring his eyes.

“What kind of dating?”

“A normal one. You know, we both idols, we are very busy with our schedules. We cannot date publicly, and this is like a normal couple can do”, She sighed and leaned her head on his shoulder, made Jonghyun even felt guiltier, “I am blessed that I have you. The one who can understand me the best”

Jonghyun kissed her hair softly, “I always want to bring you to a beautiful place like Santorini Island in Greece”

“I know that place, I want to go there, too”, she admitted that she really wants to go to Greece, spending her vacation there, enjoying the view and maybe it will be better if she can spend her holiday with Jonghyun. She always has an imagination like that. 

“Someday, we’ll go there”, he squeezed Yoona’s right hand, convinced her that it would happen sooner or later, “Just the two of us”

Yoona straightened her body, sipping her hot chocolate for a while and then back to her position before. “And what are we gonna do there?” She asked as if they already entered their own Santorini island.

Jonghyun looked at the beautiful view in front of them, imagining scene after scene that would happen there. “Hmm… perhaps we will go to the beach, swimming and playing there, go shopping together, enjoying our time together”, he said slowly yet clearly.

Yoona also affected with his imagination, “having a candle light dinner together”

“Should we sleep together? And having a baby, too?”, Jonghyun said it bluntly, made him get a soft slap from Yoona.

“You wish!”, Yoona raised her head, looking at Jonghyun’s face with her pouting mouth. “You have to marry me first!”

He looked at her face and suddenly pecked her lips, “I will”, it made Yoona blushed so hard. Luckily, the surroundings are dark so he couldn’t look at it clearly. Jonghyun then wrapped her with his blazer. It’s relaxing actually. They seldom experienced this kind of situation since they’re so busy in Korea and overseas, just a call and a text that can reduce their longing. Perhaps, this is not the perfect place for them. They can have a date in exclusive restaurant or hotel but this is the best place that can offer them relax, comfort, and love, even though they cannot stay there as long as they want.

Imperceptibly, they spent almost two hours there, enjoying the view and silence around them. “I think we should go home now”, Jonghyun stared at his watch and slowly straightened up his body. Yoona also did the same. “Now?”, she pouted her lips. Jonghyun just smiled and held her hands tightly, guiding her to follow him into the car. They got in the car, fastening the seatbelt. Jonghyun moved his body a bit, searching for something at the back and gave it to Yoona, “This is for you”, and he smiled widely. Yoona opened the wrapping paper, it’s an album. CNBLUE’s Blind Love album, Yoona’s eyes looked sparkled.

“I am the producer for this album, and this song is for you”, he pointed on the title Blind Love. Yoona smiled sweetly and stared at his eyes intensely. She felt blessed and honored. Jonghyun replied her smile by showing his dimples, while starting the engine and steering the wheel.

“Wah! And there is a message here, too. Love message. Can I play the CD here?”

“Hmm… I think you should listen to it at home”, he smirked.

“Wae?”

“Because it’s more private and you should find out the meaning by yourself”, he , Yoona pouted his lips but she felt so damn happy inside.

“Ah! I almost forgot!”, Jonghyun suddenly smacked his head softly. Yoona looked at him confusedly.

“You asked about my interview, right?”

Yoona then remembered, “Ah!”

“They asked me about CNBLUE and the member’s character. I told them that Yonghwa hyung is the funniest. They also asked about the concert activities. Also, asked me about my favorite place”, he explained it clearly.

Yoona nodded her head. “Then I said I often go to a mountain near Myeongdong, and it’s good for dating”, he said nonchalantly. Yoona suddenly widened her eyes and slapped Jonghyun’s arm a bit hard. “Wae? Why you always make me surprised when I’m driving?”, he said, a bit surprised.

“Why you had to reveal our favorite place publicly?” she blurted it out. Jonghyun’s confused, but his eyes still focused on the road. “What if crazy fans follow us? What if paparazzi know about our relationship?”, she added.

He then realized and a bit regret actually with his statement, “Should we find another place?”, added him innocently. Strangely, it made Yoona laughed. “Never mind. I think we just go to Japan if we want to have a date” make them chuckled together. Thirty minutes later they arrived at her apartment. It means the happy short night is over.

“We arrived.”, Jonghyun said with unwilling eyes, not ready to say goodbye.

“Thank you for tonight and thank you for the album. I will listen to that song whole-heartedly”, She said while kissing both of his cheeks. After that Jonghyun cupped her face and kissed her forehead, “I’ll call you when I arrive. Good night and I love you”

“I love you too” she replied. She went out of his car and waved her hand, looking at his car leave her slowly. After that she turned over her body, aiming her comfortable bed with happy thought.

 

Hope you guys like this story :)