6. On the Mission

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

6. On the Mission

---

Dara tried not to get too excited, but she couldn't help it as time for her appointment had finally arrived. Bom who was again accompanying her grimaced seeing her friend too happy. Too happy that it scares the hell out of her. But she didn't say anything about it knowing it's the only time her friend was actually this happy.

"Calm down Dara," Bom muttered annoyed. Even though the girl next to her hated clinics and hospitals it didn't affect how happy she is right now. Dara turned to her friend and gave her a big smile instead. "As far as I remember, the last time I called you, you were ready to return the you got in the bank."

"Oh unnie!" Dara laughed. "I was just talking nonsense and you know that! And plus how can I return the when it's already in me attached to my ing eggs. Right now it could possibly be a growing fetus!"

"Wow! I can already tell the future of your kid Dee!" Bom grimaced hearing such answers from her. "I can imagine you telling your child when your are mad at him or her, 'Go back to your daddy's balls! No wait go back to the bank where I got you from!'"

"Unnie!" she blushed hearing what Bom said.

"What? I'm just telling the truth!" she exclaimed. "You can't tell your kid go back to your father, because the father doesn't even know he is a father... well he does, but not to the woman. You get what I mean?! And to think your child was donated. That's an OUCH right there!"

"Why do you always burst my bubble unnie?" Dara gesture her invisible bubble. "Can't you at least be happy for me? I mean, my child will not, I repeat ask for its daddy. And if it do, then I'll just tell them their daddy doesn't know she or he exist."

"Oh god! It's like telling them, well you just popped out of nowhere!" her friend threw her hands all over. "That my friend is welcoming your child's to the real world!"

Just before Dara could reply, the door burst open revealing Nurse Kim. The anger on her face diminished the moment the nurse came in. Her lips quirked into a huge smile welcoming Nurse Kim's presence.

"Hello Nurse Kim!" Dara cheerfully uttered.

"Oh shoot me please!" Bom whispered which Dara heard, but ignored it.

"I see you are excited for this appointment," Nurse Kim said making Dara nod like a child. "Well that's good to hear after all it is an exciting day."

"It is!" she answered making Bom roll her eyes. "So when are we going to see the baby?"

"Aigoo Dara," the nurse softly laughed. "We'll get there, but for now I need to check you vitals."

After getting her vitals checked, Dara was led to a room where she had to change to one of the hospital gown. The girl grew more and more excited for the ultrasound that changing was no problem for her. Quickly, she was back out waiting with Bom again.

"Unnie, what do you think my baby will be? A boy or a girl?" she asked wondering what her friend thinks.

"I don't know Dara," Bom answered. "But whatever it is, I know he or she will be beautiful..."

"Awww..." Dara's face turned touched with her friend's answer. "That means a lot to me."

"Don't start with me Dara," she warned making Dara smile. Before Bom could utter another warning, the doctor arrived. Dr. Kang had recommended Dr. Hwang as her new OB GYN which made the girl happy. She did extensive research on this doctor and she was satisfied with what she found out.

"Ms. Park," she  called making Dara stand up. "I'm Dr. Hwang, and I heard so much about you from Dr. Kang. And I'm glad you are excited for this."

"Oh I am Dr. Hwang, but please you can call me Dara," she took her hanging hand for a shake. "I heard many good things about you too. I'm looking forward wor...I mean you taking care of me and my baby."

"I will do my best," Dr. Hwang softly laughed. "Now shall we start the ultrasound?"

"Oh I thought you'd never ask," Dara joked making Bom cough.

The nurse assisted Dara to the hospital bed, while the doctor starts on the sonogram machine. Nurse Kim had gone over with Dara the procedure which the girl listened carefully to. And as soon as the doctor finished fiddling with the machine, Dara was all set.

"Okay Dara," Dr. Hwang called. "I will put this cold gel on your belly and then with this thing," she showed Dara the probe. "I will glide it on your stomach to look for the baby and hopefully we'll see it."

"And if we don't?" Dara asked curious as to what the other option is.

"We'll use what I call the magic wand where we'll go down south," she answered making Dara blush after all she knows what down under meant. "But it shouldn't go that far unless we really can't see it. Now, let's focus on this small screen."

Dara turned her gaze from the probe and towards the screen seeing nothing yet. She had done research on sonogram machine and so she's aware of what she'll be seeing. The cool gel had allowed the probe to slide smooth as Dr. Hwang looks diligently at the screen hoping to find the baby.

"Oh," she muttered faintly while she continue gliding the probe lower. "There it is."

Dara looked intently at the screen and so far she saw nothing. Or at least that wasn't what she expected. "Let me capture it and I'll tell you where it is."

"It's there right?" she asked worried.

"Yes, Dara its there," Dr. Hwang assured. "Let me show you a captured photo and then we'll look again." Dara just nodded as she watches the screen go back and forth until it came to a still photo. Then Dr. Hwang took her pen and started showing Dara where it is.

"Is that it?" she asked as the doctor pointed on a tiny bean like.

"It's only been two weeks Dara," Dr. Hwang answered. "As time goes by, the fetus will grow bigger. And once you are on your 6th to 8th weeks between we'll be able to hear its heartbeat."

"And how about its ?" Dara eagerly asked.

"Between 18th to 20th weeks can we know its ," she anwswered, but Dara was a bit confused. "Four months from now."

"Oh," Dara faintly laughed. "I knew that, I was just trying to register it in my head when it'll be."

"Is that so?" the doctor smiled. "I see you are very organized in life."

"Oh I am and I need to Dr. Hwang," Dara smiled. "Can we see it again?"

"Oh sure thing," Dr. Hwang fiddled with the machine again. And this time as she roam the probe on Dara's belly she was able to see her baby. She smiled and felt a tear fall from her eyes down her cheek. "I can see how happy you are, Dara and I'm glad you are."

"I am Dr. Hwang," she wiped the corner of her eyes. "I mean it's been a journey and I'm glad its starting."

"But I do hope you'll find someone," Dara knew what the doctor meant but all she could do is shyly smile. "Look, I'm sorry it's not my intention to get into your personal life."

"Oh no, it's okay doctor," Dara got herself cleaned up. "You're not the only one who keeps telling me that."

"I try everyday doctor," Bom uttered making the lady laugh.

"But I'm a big girl, I can handle this," she continued making the doctor nod.

"If that what makes you happy then go for it," Dr. Hwang gave in making the girl happy. "Nurse Kim will get your copies from the machine and you are set to go. My only suggestion is continue drinking the iron and other vitamins Dr. Kang prescribed you. And here's a prescription for your morning sickness."

"Is this one safe for the baby?" Dara looked at the paper.

"Would she even prescribe it to you?" Bom muttered which made the girl blush.

"Of course," Dara giggled embarrassed.

"It'll be ok. It's safe," the doctor assured. "However once your morning sickness subside you can stop drinking it."

"Got it!" she smiled.

"And I will see you in four months," Dr. Hwang lastly said before leaving the room.

Once Dara was dressed to her fancy suit, Nurse Kim entered. The glow in her eyes lit up seeing what was on her hands.

"Is that it Nurse Kim?" she asked making the nurse nod.

"Congratulations Dara," Nurse Kim handed Dara her copies. "Just continue what Dr. Kang suggested and also what Dr. Hwang added. And try not to be stressed out. And if you feel anything different, just contact us and if a call can't happen then go straight to ER."

"I will!" Dara couldn't tear her eyes off the photos. "Thank you Nurse Kim."

"Good luck dear," she patted Dara's shoulder before leaving.

Once the nurse was gone, Dara turned to Bom and smiled. "Here unnie," she handed her a copy. "That's for you!"

"Why?" she asked even though the bitter girl was touched.

"So you can add my baby in your wall of families," Dara smiled which made the girl faintly smile.

"Thanks," Bom looked at it again and smiled seeing such tiny thing. "Come on let me feed you and your baby. I don't want you starving."

"Awwww..." the corner of Dara's eyes watered.

"Don't start with that awwwww with me," the friend warned which made the girl giggle. "Now let's go before you go to work."

-

The moment she entered the premise she can't help but get a few stare from people. Mostly the young women and a few young staff. Even though she didn't want to come here, she can't help it. She needed to know if her son's donation was still here.

"Oh Jiyong what will I do with you?" she whispered looking at the area hoping to find someone.

And as she turned right, she stopped momentarily as she sees a familiar face. "Dara?" she uttered softly. Then questions after questions were thrown in her head wondering why she was here. "What is she doing here?"

She tried to look intently what was on her hand, but couldn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter