12. Sweet Potato

Who's the Daddy?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

12. Sweet Potato

----

a/n: my longest update ever~! I hope you guys don't feel overwhelm with what's bound to happen here. TBH I'm not very happy with this chapter, but the fic must go on lol. Also, this is not their date yet. So what you're about to read here are extra hmmm yea hahaha! Also let me know if you all get sick of sweet DG, coz I'd put drama if you readers gets tired of the extra cavities I love to give! ^_~ lol

----

Bom glared at the girl beside her after all her friend was up to no good. She looked at Dara from head to toe and she could easily predict a disaster is about to happen. Dara on the other, just smiled at her unnie knowing she'll be able to find out soon as to who is the father of her baby.

"What?" Dara asked as she notices her friend's constant glares.

"Are you ing out of your mind?" Bom sighed. "I mean you graduated in a prestigious university with high honors and all....and yet you come up with a stupid idea?!"

"It is not stupid," she defended herself. "It's the only way we can get through."

"Dara, you dressed up as a nurse isn't going to help us," her friend spat. "I mean just look at you. First of all you don't work at the hospital so that's dead on giveaway. And two, they have cameras everywhere which you can get easily caught on! Lastly, there are people who actually works there that will notice you! In the end they'll question you and BOOM it's the end of your life!"

"Unnie don't you have a little faith in me?" Dara asked earning a no from the girl. "I mean I did take a semester of acting class back in college so I can totally pass this. I just need you to distract Nurse Yoo."

"Wait what?" Bom looked at her surprise. "Distract Nurse Yoo? How?"

"Nurse Yoo is usually put in the desk every Thursday," Dara explained. "So that means she'll be there all day today. Now she's easy to distract and that's the only job you have."

"And where am I put in here?" she asked making Dara smile.

"Here," she handed Bom a few pieces of paper. "Those are questions for you to ask her. I just need you to tell Nurse Yoo that you have a friend that's interested in the nursing field and she's curious as to the different kind of department there are in the medical field. And since she couldn't make it today, you'll ask the question yourself for this friend."

"You do know that what you are planning on doing can put you in jail?" Bom said making Dara nod. "So why the hell are you risking it?"

"Because..." Dara bit her lips. "Unnie just help me on this and then everything will be okay. After this I won't bother you no more on this."

"I hate you right now," her friend said making Dara smile.

"And I love you unnie," she hugged her unnie tightly.

"Now when Nurse Yoo leaves," Dara continued. "I need you to make a noise to signal me that I can enter the room. I kinda figured out where the files could be located since Nurse Yoo has talked about it over and over."

"What do I say or what sound should I make?" Bom asked making Dara shrug.

"Anything," Dara tried to think. "Ummm coo like a bird?"

"What?!" her friend looked at her shock.

"Just make a sound! Any sound is fine," she said making Bom think this time.

"And once I'm in, for sure Nurse Yoo will be back," Dara went on making the girl listen carefully to the instructions. "Give me at least twenty minutes before you could take Nurse Yoo away. And there I'd walk out with the files hidden underneath my clothes."

"Dara this is dangerous," Bom looked at her worried. "I mean what you're doing is breaking the law."

"I know unnie, but I'm not actually after the father," she explained. "I'm just curious."

"Why?" she still can't believe what Dara was doing.

"You know unnie, it'll bother me now and for sure it will bother me as well in the future," she explained. "Like you said, I don't need a man to take care of my baby, but the constant curiosity in me is going to kill me. And to make that go away, I at least need to know that now. And plus, what am I going to tell my baby in the future what his father is like."

"A little glimpse of him won't hurt right?" she asked Bom making the friend sigh in defeat.

"Whatever will make you happy Dee I'll support you," Bom knew that's all she could do. She's aware that once Dara makes a decision herself, it is final.

"Thank you," Dara smiled. "Now shall we do this?"

"Let's go!" Bom smirked.

Dara walked right in the facility after her unnie had entered. Not too far, she followed Bom's path careful not to blow her cover. The white scrubs that she had on sure had her fitting in the hospital. Don't ask her where she got the scrubs. The hospital mask covered enough amount of her face making her anonymous. And Dara was also careful not to look suspicious after all it'll blew her cover right away.

"Good morning," her supposedly coworkers greeted making her nod.

"Morning," she whispered back.

Once she was near Nurse Yoo's station, she paused around the corner fiddling with what looks like hospital supply station. Her unnie's head appeared slightly from the ends of the wall making her nod to signal her friend that she's nearby. And once she got the confirmation, their mission has officially began.

"Good Morning Miss Park!" the cheery voice of Nurse Yoo woke the girl up.

"Nurse Yoo," Bom smiled.

"Now how may I help you?" she asked. "Are you here for the same procedure Miss Dara had?"

"What? No," she uttered surprise at the nurse's suggestion.

"Oh, is there anything you need then?" she asked shyly after mistaking Bom's visit today.

"Well you see," Bom tried to find the right words hoping not to blow her cover. "I have a friend in the nursing field who's curious to the different kind of areas in the medical field. And since you're an expert in this area, I thought I'd interview you about it. Now you might be wondering where she is, well she couldn't make it since she's busy with school. I have her questions here, now do you have a few minutes to spare for me? Maybe 20-30 minutes?"

"Oh that's so sweet of you Miss Park," Nurse Yoo looked like she was about to cry. "I'll just deliver these reports first to the three doctors waiting and I'll be free after. Is it okay if you wait here for five minutes tops?"

"Oh sure, take your time," Bom smiled. "I'm not in a rush, trust me."

"Okay fabulous!" Nurse Yoo got up and took the files. Once the nurse was out of sight, Bom started cooing like a bird.

"Hoot hoot," she hooted like an owl or so it suppose to be. "Hoot hoot."

Dara listened carefully and she heard it right, it was her unnie hooting. She looked cautiously first before entering Nurse Yoo's station and once it was clear Dara slowly moved in.

"Was that suppose to be an owl unnie?" Dara asked making the girl smile.

"Glad you got it right!" Bom was rather proud of herself.

"Impressive!" Dara teased making the girl smile.

"I know," she faintly laughed. "Now hurry! She'll be back in five."

"Right!" Dara entered the room behind Nurse Yoo's desk. Once she closed the door, Dara stood frozen seeing the room. There were too many drawers to look at and twenty minutes won't do much. She pulled the files she had under her scrubs and found ten.

"!" she cursed realizing she has a lot of looking to do. She quickly skimmed through each of them choosing what she could have possibly chosen narrowing the ten files to five. "I wish you're in here!"

Once she got her five down, she started roaming through each drawers hoping to find what she's looking for. A few minutes after, she was able to find three, but noticing the time, she knew she has to move faster. After getting the five information thanking that each were already duplicated, she quickly moved to the recipient drawers where she looked for her files. And thanking it was sorted by last names she was able to get through her last name right away.

"What?" Dara was rather stunned seeing no files for her.

"Park SaMa then Park SaYong," Dara whispered. "Where is my name? It's Park Sandara which should be here." What if they still have it? I mean Nurse Yoo or Dr. Kang probably has them. As she looked at her watch she knew it was times up. She needed to leave the room or else she'll get caught if she stayed longer. Quickly stuffing the files under her scrubs, she turned the door slowly and as quietly as she could. And hearing no talking outside she knew it was clear to go.

As she got out, Dara stood frozen seeing a doctor next to Nurse Yoo's desk.

"Have you seen Nurse Yoo?" he asked.

"No," she shook her head. She tried not to tremble knowing she'll blew her mission if this doctor finds out about her fake act. "I haven't."

"Could you follow me to room 212? I need a hand," he uttered making Dara nervous.

"I can't...I mean I have to go to Dr. Kang right away," Dara tried to find a reason. She just hopes that Dr. Kang was in so that her reason to this doctor is legit.

"Oh is that so," this doctor nodded. "Well then cam you tell Nurse Yoo to come to room 212 when you see her."

"I will doc," she nodded right away.

Once the doctor was gone, Dara let out a deep sigh of relief as she was able to pass the obstacle. And remembering the doctor's order, Dara quickly jotted it down on a post it note leaving it for Nurse Yoo to see.

-

"These are the donors you've chosen?" Bom looked at each copy Dara took. "They all have weird names...some can even fit as or something." Her friend's scowl deepens as she read each file. "Did you actually chose this when we looked at the catalog?"

Dara shrugged knowing her unnie was right. When she read each paper again, she can't seem to be satisfied with any of them. Like none of the files matched the personalities she was looking for. And since her files were missing, she couldn't really get the right person.

"Unnie," Dara looked at Bom curiously. "So I looked at the recipient drawers and I didn't see my files in there."

"What do you mean?" Bom asked.

"I mean my files should be in the drawer, it's been two months since I went to the bank," she still can't believe it. "And I checked every folder and none of it were mine."

"Maybe the doctor has it," Bom bit her lips hoping not to crack. After all, she remembers it now as to where Dara's files could be. Mrs. Kwon. "Maybe they're doing further studies."

"Without my permission?" Dara looked rather confused.

"Who knows," she faintly smiled at the worried girl.

"Its just it would have been easier for me to find the donor if I saw my files," she explained and all Bom could do was nod. "I guess I'll just have to go the hardway."

She then flashed the files she got from the bank.

As the two were ready to go home, Dara's phone rang. She looked at the screen and can't help but smile seeing who it was calling.

"Who is it?" Bom asked making the girl's smile falter.

"Ummm...no one," Dara blushed.

"Are you going to answer it?" she annoyingly spat making the girl nod. Bom watched her friend walk not too far from her curious as to why she needed some space for this call. And even though Dara didn't say who it was, she already had the hint as to who it was calling.

Dara quickly swipe the answer key on her screen, excitedly answering the call.

"Hello," she answered as calmly as she could.

"Where are yoooooooou?" his voice echoed on the other side.

"Jiyong, its our day off, why are you bothering me?" Dara bit her lips trying not to laugh. For some odd reason she found Jiyong's whiny voice funny.

"Baby..." Jiyong mumbled. "I'm really craving for some kimchi fried rice."

"Ugh! You just had some yesterday!" Dara pretended to sigh but really she wanted to laugh. "You weren't kidding about eating it everyday huh?"

"I am not!" he whined seriously. "I bought these really good kimchi from the halmoni in the market and I tried cooking myself some kimchi fried rice...well it didn't go too well."

"You don't know how to cook huh?" she teased earning a gasp from the guy in the other end.

"I do know how to cook Dara," he warned after all the girl was actually laughing this time. "I just don't like my version of it."

"And?" she slightly turned her head and there she saw her unnie glaring.

"I want you to come over and cook some for me!" Jiyong pleaded. "Please Dara. I am hungry here! Help me!"

"Jiyong just find something else to eat," she uttered avoiding her unnie's stares. "I am not going to your house."

"Please Dara!" he begged. "I am begging you with all my heart and soul. Feed me!"

"Yah! You're old enough to feed yourself!" Dara exclaimed.

"Dara," his tone was serious. "I am begging you, please come over. You know, you passed your bug on me. I puked my soul out this morning again...oh you know what I take that back since I pretty much poured my soul out in my new found friend  named'toilet' every morning this week. Do you know how hard that is?"

"I actually know how that feels," Dara didn't want to remember morning sickness but she needed to defend herself.

"Well at least return the favor," Jiyong said.

"What favor?" she asked making the guy sigh.

"I helped you out remember," he answered. "And FYI, you still haven't gotten me a new suit."

"Hey! There is no way I am buying you a new one!" she chuckled. "Get over it Jiyong! But to make it fair, I'll go to your place."

"Thank You!" Jiyong sighed in relief. "Is that all it takes for you to come over? I have to use my suit incident on you just for you to return the favor."

"Whatever Kwon!" Dara laughed.

"Please come soon," he went on. "I feel like I'm eating for two everyday! I am so so so soooooooo hungry! So hurry! Please! I am a very demanding person when I crave and hungry woman!"

"Yah!" Dara tried not to yell. "I am not your slave."

"I know," Jiyong chuckled. "But right now I need you. I need you badly for this craving of mine. So get your lovely here and cook me some kimchi fried rice!"

"You did not just say that," she blushed even if she doesn't see Jiyong. With his voice and words, it made her feel nervous and conscious.

"I did," he smirked in the other line. "And I mean it! Now hurry! I'll give you fifteen minutes to come over!"

"Yah!" Dara said but the guy had already hung up.

She looked at her phone shock at what just happened.

"So I guess there's no late lunch/early dinner for me?" Dara looked to her left and saw her unnie.

"Hmmmm..." Dara looked at her apologetically.

"It's okay," Bom said and this surprises Dara after all when it comes to a hungry Bom you must feed the girl before she erupts like a volcano. "Just give me money for food!"

"Why am I not surprise?!" Dara shook her head. She then grabbed her wallet pulling out small bills. "Yah!" Dara shrieked as her unnie take the larger bills.

"My talent fee is expensive," Bom smirked. And then she marched off happily.

"What is up with people these days!" Dara wanted to laugh.

-

Dara arrived at Jiyong's place which she didn't even realize she knew. And seeing where Jiyong's place was located, she wasn't surprise of it at all. She was greeted by a friendly doorman who kindly had let her in. Dara knew Jiyong had already told the middle age man that she was coming.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter