chapter one } 개성시대 [ The Age of Uniqueness ]

「 your image in the sunset 」



Chapter One

With the announcement of their 3rd album being in production, H.O.T was on top of the world again. For the first time, tracks would be included that members of the band wrote themselves and their fans were going wild for it. For months, even prior to the announcement of their album, the five teens that made up the iconic boyband appeared on variety shows, talk shows, gag shows even, as well as music shows, interviews, photoshoots, CFs, and other appearances – and they ate it up. They loved the attention their fans showered them in and they vowed to make sure everything they did would be for their fans.

But they grew tired. It was only a matter of time before the boys became exhausted. Their manager decided it was due time for a vacation and had a talk with corporate. While he only managed them a three-week vacation in Jeju (the other options were three days in Bora-Bora, and one week in Osaka) and while they loved their fans, the boys were ecstatic to have a break.

Arriving in the airport was the most liberating experience, it seemed like their first breath of cool, calm, fresh air in months.

“I can hear the beach already,” Tony exclaimed with a laugh as he practically jumped out of the airport doors. He bounded towards the company sponsored van, leaving his bandmates in the dust.

“Tony-hyung’s gone crazy,” Jaewon said, grinning as Woohyuk began to laugh. The boys were dressed in normal, street clothes; jeans and t-shirts, ball caps and sunglasses. They hid their dyed hair the best they could, and kept their faces rather hidden; their goal was to look like everyone else so that they wouldn’t be recognized easily.

Climbing into the van, golden-haired Tony tackled Jaewon to the floor and when he grumbled out a ‘why?’, Tony leaned down and grumbled, “I heard you.” Jaewon just giggled nervously and thanked his hyungs who pulled Tony off of him.

Once they calmed down and settled into their seats, their manager turned around from the front seat. He had already spoken to their driver and the six, including the manager, were on their way to their hotel. As the beautiful Jeju scenery passed their windows, the boys grew more and more excited for their time off. They could finally do whatever they wanted! They could swim at the pool, go shopping, visit the zoo, go to a concert as real audience members, they could make sandcastles, or sleep all day – and they were excited.

“Don’t get too excited,” their manager said, his words putting a light damper on the boys’ over-joyous moods. The man was near his middle years, thick black hair with a receding hairline, black eyes and thick eyelashes. His skin was tanned from time spent under the hot sun, making sure that everything was perfect for his five boys’ performances. He was dressed nicely, especially for a man who just got off a flight. He was stern but still nice; and as he looked over the five boys and their dampened expressions, he chuckled and said, “You still have to check in with me; I need to know where you are at all times, even if you’re just in the hotel pool.”

“We’re old enough to take care of ourselves, right?” Woohyuk asked, slightly confused as to why he had to check in with somebody, even his manager, on his vacation from work. “why do we have to check in?”

The manager was about to say something when Heejun interrupted; “I don’t know,” he hummed, his eyes twinkling with mischievousness, “Chilhyunnie and Jaewon-ah are both a little young still. They might get lost~”

Reaching over, Kangta gave Heejun a swift slap across the back of the head. He had to hide his smirk when Heejun let out an indignant shout and glared half-heartedly back at him. Jaewon just gave him a high-five.

“It doesn’t matter,” their manager said, interrupting the boys’ goofing. “I still need to know where you guys are; imagine if you guys get into some trouble and it gets out? What would Lee-sajangnim say?”

The boys were, for once, solemn and still for a moment as they considered it. Certainly, they still had to keep up appearances even on vacation, they couldn’t be getting lost or into any trouble while they were there or it could be very bad when they returned.

“However,” the manager said, interrupting the boys’ looming silence, “let’s have fun. I bet none of you will eat more than me tonight!” Suddenly, the mood was uplifted and the boys were quickly making bets about everything and coming up with rather creative punishment games that, just slightly, worried their manager. But he blew it off and reminded himself: they were on vacation.

Not too long later, the van pulled up to their hotel and the boys were amazed. It was nothing short of fabulous – their company really knew how to treat them. It was huge, at least 100 floors and was very extravagant. It would be easy to hide here, they concluded.

The boys were out of the van quickly and helping the bell boy with their bags and figuring out who roomed with whom. Going inside the hotel, the boys were surprised to discover that it was more glamorous than the outside led them to believe. It was big and spacious with a waterfall fountain and a fish pond. There were remakes (or possibly the originals) of beautiful artworks hung and displayed at every turn – the boys didn’t have enough time to appreciate it before their manager pushed them into an elevator. Just before the doors closed, however, Heejun caught a very beautiful sight; she was about five-feet tall, with tan skin and long black hair -  and that’s all he could register before the doors obscured his view.

“God, Chilhyunnie,” Heejun sighed, throwing himself over, what Kangta figured was, his bed. Heejun and Kangta were assigned to be roommates, Whoohyuk and Tony as another pair and Jaewon roomed with their manager. These room assignments were almost predetermined, as they happened every time they went somewhere. Even at home, in their dorms, they had this arrangement so Kangta was a little confused as to why they fussed about it every time…. “She was beautiful! I only wish I could have spoke to her…”

Kangta got the full scoop from his band-leader; she was petite, with long black hair and big black eyes. Her skin was tanned and quite perfect, from what he could tell. Kangta just sighed and said, “She might still be downstairs, go talk to her.”

“nahh…” Heejun sighed, “The odds of me catching up with her… besides, I don’t know if she knows Korean. She looked foreign…” Kangta shrugged and said it was up to him and that he was going to shower. Towel in hand, Kangta disappeared into the bathroom. Heejun just sighed again and rolled over, wishing by some luck that he’d see that girl again.



author rambling.

i dont think i'll be getting any readers on this story, so i wont ramble to no one... ^^

if there are any H.O.T fans left out there, comment and make yourselves known :)
i love meeting new H.O.T fans, even if you only know Kangta (whom i adore beyond words <3)



ending.

listeningto; the age of uniqueness - hot
28062011