"You think this is funny?!"

No Need to be Jealous

The moment that Henry entered f(x)’s practice room, the smile plastered on his face slowly disappeared, his cheerful ‘Hey~’ got drowned by the silence. The members of the girl group all lifted their head to look at him, shooting him an apologetic look. Henry’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion by their looks, especially when Amber didn’t even acknowledge his presence.

He saw Krystal leaning in and whispering something to her before getting up from the floor. Victoria, Luna and Sulli followed her, exiting the practice room and leaving Henry and Amber alone. Henry bit his lips, heart beating fast on his chest. He sensed that Amber is mad at him but he doesn’t have the slightest idea why. Being friends with her for so long, he has developed a skill that made him read Amber like an open book. As he took a step closer to her, he racked his brain for possible answer but came up with nothing.

“Amber?” he softly called as he sat down in front of her. “Are you okay?”

Amber looked at him with a slight glare and Henry froze, distancing himself by few inches. The silence was deafening and Henry actually started to fear for his life. A quiet Amber is never a good sign. Henry almost let out a sigh of relief when Amber finally spoke.

“Should I call Bora and tell her to give Dasom’s number to you?” she asked, glaring at Henry.

Henry pursed his lips together to prevent himself from smiling. So this is what it’s about.

“And why would you do that?” he asked, playing innocent.

“I thought she was your type? Long hair, innocent, girly.” Amber spat out, still glaring at him. “You know, a complete opposite of me?”

This time, Henry couldn’t stop himself from chuckling. Amber’s glare at him intensified.

“You think this is funny?!” Amber punched him in the arm and flicked his cap out of his head. This only made Henry chuckle more as he tried to ignore the pain in his arm.

“Fine. Go to her, ask her out on a date. I don’t give a .” Amber said as she made a move to stand up.

“Hey, hey, hey,” Henry stopped laughing as he grabbed her wrist to prevent her from leaving. “I’m not laughing anymore.”

Amber continued glaring at him.

“Okay, that whole ‘She’s my type’ thing was just a variety show comment. They told me to do that.” Henry explained, still holding Amber’s wrist. “And if Dasom is really my type, I wouldn’t be your boyfriend, then.” The comment earned him another smack from Amber.

Henry pouted and rubbed his sore arm. “Come on, Berrrrrr~” he cooed. “I’m sorry.”

Amber was still glaring at him and Henry sighed. She reached out and cupped her face with his hands, running his thumbs across her cheeks. He smiled and kissed the tip of her nose. He chuckled as he noticed the faint blush on her cheeks.

“Dasom is pretty, but come on, Ber, she doesn’t have your beautiful eyes,” he said as he looked into Amber’s eyes. Amber’s gaze softened.

“She doesn’t have your cute little nose,” Henry kissed her nose again.

“Nor does she have your lips that I love so much.” Henry placed a chaste kiss on her lips. Amber’s lips curved up into a smile.

“She doesn’t have your beautiful smile, either.” Henry continued. “And you know what else she doesn’t have?”

“What?” Amber stared up at him as Henry pressed their foreheads together.

“Me.”

Amber snorted. She crinkled her nose and laughed as she pushed Henry away. “You are so cheesy, dude.”

Henry grinned. “You love me anyway.”

Amber grinned before picking up his discarded hat from the floor and placing it on her head. She grabbed the front of his shirt and smiled before kissing him.