Final

Please Speak... That's my only wish

Dear Diary,

Today is the first day of work... I hope I do well today. I am going to work at an orpahnage that young teenagers, age 13-19. I hope I get to take care someone my age or at least someone younger than me... Good Luck to myself!

28 February 2008

Woomin wrote down on her diary. Today was her first day of work, since both her mother and brother passed away a month ago, both died from lung cancer. Woomin, herself, also has lung cancer but she successfully removed the tumor. The lung cancer was part of her mother's side since her grandmother too died from lung cancer. But now, Woomin was happy because she doesn't have the tumor now.

Woomin went out of her room and took her lunch that her father made for her and  went out of the house. She got on her motorcycle  and drove her way to the orphanage. 

15 minutes later, she arrived at the orphange. It was actually her 2nd time her as she once came here with her classmates to help the nurses and workers. Woomin hoped that one of the nurses can actually recognise her. She took a deep breath and went into the building. 

It was filled with teenagers and young teenagers, playing and chatting together. Of course, there were some at the corner who is being a bit emo and not talking a lot but just talking to his caretaker. 

Woomin just smiled at the teens playing around until someone tapped her shoulder. "Are you Woomin?" she asked," the new caretaker?" Woomin turned around and saw a nurse in front of her. She nodded and the nurse replied," Well then, follow me. I will show where Jaehwan is.".

*Jaehwan? Have I heard that name before?* she thought as she followed the nurse to Jaehwan's room. 

"Here we are. Lee Jaehwan, 18 years old like you," the nurse explained as she opened the door, revealing a boy hugging his teddy bear on his bed, "he can't speak, but not mute. He was traumatised by something we don't know, that's why he doesn't speak. Hope you can take care of him for one month." 

Woomin looked at him as he looked back at her. The nurse quietly left the both of them in room and closed the door.

"Um... Hello, my name is Jung Woomin." She introduced herself. "I heard you are the same age as me..."

Jaehwan just looked at her blankly and the atmosphere became awkward. "Um... Hope we can get along together." And she made her angelic smile and he started to blush red.

She noticed it and just continued smiling. "Want to eat something? I know a chicken restaurant and I will pay for it." 

His eyes widened and smiled. "So... Shall we go now?" She asked and he just stood up and left the room. Woomin just giggled at his actions and left the room.

 

"Hold on Jaehwan!" Woomin warned as Jaehwan held her waist tightly, scared that he might fall down from the motorcycle. Woomin started the engine and rode off.

Jaehwan held on tightly as Woomin started to pick up the speed. She took over the other cars without caring the honking made by them as she passed them. She also sped and still kept going even when there was a red light, not caring and skillfully avoiding the fast cars. Luckily, there were no police cars on stand by and continued speeding to the chicken restaurant.

They then reached the restaurant, parking on the sidewalk. Woomin turned off the engine and turned around, looking at a dizzy Jaehwan. She giggled,"Hehe... Guess this your first time on the motorcycle? Are you surprised that a girl actually does this?" Jaehwan eyed at her and nodded his head, getting off the motorcycle. 

Jaehwan opened the door and smelled the fragrance of the fried chicken everywhere. He looked for a seat and sat there, waiting for Woomin. She entered the restaurant and looked for Jaehwan like she just lost her own child. She found him and ran to the table. "Don't you ever do that... You made me worried..." She almost cried and walked to the counter, ordering 4 fried chicken.

She returned to the table and put down the tray. She sat and looked at him, him enjoying eating the chicken. "You better pay me next time..." she joked. He just looked at her with a raised eyebrow,"I'm just joking hahahaha!" Lamest. Joke. Ever.

Before she knew it, Jaehwan finished his chicken drumstick while she just half ate her chicken drumstick. He started eating his second drumstick. 

After Woomin finished her chicken, Jaehwan was already done with his own. "You can take my third one, I'm not that hungry anyways..." and pushed her chicken towards him.

"IS THAT YOU SUNBAE?" A voice came from behind. Woomin looked behind and it was Sanhyuk, she smiled and cooed his name,"HYUK~" and hugged him. 

"Is that your boyfriend over there?" He asked and pointed at Jaehwan. Woomin blushed and explained everything to him.

"Oh~ He is from there? Sorry, sunbae..." 

"It's okay, now go have fun with your friends."

"Okay! Annyeong~" And skipped towards his friends. 

Woomin turned and looked at Jaehwan, "What..." He shooked his head and drank his cola drink.

 

Ever since that day, Woomin was always hanging out with Jaehwan. Both inside of the orphanage and outside. She visits him everyday, even after school. But, Jaehwan doesn't go to school, he has a tutor who teaches him. They are now bestfriends since that day they met. And like every other story, they started to have feelings for each other. 

 

Jaehwan was granted his permission to go out of the orphanage to visit Woomin's house. He also brought roses for her as he wanted to confess to her on that day. He was now at the door and knocked.

Instead of Woomin, it was her brother, Jung Minhyun. Minhyun told Jaehwan worriedly,"If you want to find Woomin, she is at the hospital. She fainted during physical education lessons and was rushed there..."

Jaehwan immediatly ran to the hospital that was nearby, dropping the flowers at the doorstep. He was shedding tears while he was crying. He doesn't want to lose her if her case was serious. He really don't want to lose her... 

He reached the hospital and wrote on the piece of paper. "I need to see Jung Woomin. Where is her room?" He looked desperatly at the nurse and told him, "Level 3, room 504." Jaehwan bowed and ran to the elevator. He kept on pressing the close button in case someone wants to go in the elevator.

"Level 3" was shown at the top and the doors opened. Jaehwan then ran to where room 504 is. He found the room and opened the door quickly. He saw the lifeless looking body on the bed, breathing. He wiped his tears and walked towards Woomin. He looked at her face and touched it. And all of a sudden, he spoke,"W-Woomin... Don't le-leave me..."

He finally spoke... He was also surprised himself and cried a fountain. He kneeled on the floor, leveling his eyes on her face. "I love you..." And slept on the side of the bed.

 

"Excuse me sir... May I know who are you?" A voice called him. Jaehwan woke up feeling numb as he was sleeping on the floor. "Jaehwan?" Woomin called him.

Jaehwan looked up and saw her face. "WOOMIN!" He shouted and stood up to hug her. Woomin was surprised and started crying and said,"You're... Speaking... I'm proud of you..." and hugged him back. Jaehwan let go of the hug and looked at the doctor.

"Well Mr. Jaehwan, can I tell you something? No worries, Woomin already knows this." he told Jaehwan. "Okay..."

 

 

"She has lung cancer... It came back 4 months ago and it's too late to find a donor... It has spread on to both of her lungs. I'm sorry but she doesn't have a lot of time before she-"

"NO SHE IS NOT DIEING! SHE IS NOT GOING TO DIE!"

"I'm sorry but it's the truth... I'm sorry once again." And left the room.

Jaehwan looked at Woomin and asked,"Tell me that this is a lie..." She just looked down and cried. Jaehwan moved towards her and wiped off her tears,"It's okay... It's going to be okay..." And comforted her by hugging.

Jaehwan then started to sing her a song. He was singing what Woomin wrote.

I know how hard you've tried
Trying to keep this alive
But you can't do it anymore
You gotta let it go
So I think it's time
To let this... Die...

"Jaehwan... You have such a nice voice. Why won't you speak before?" She asked. 

"Like what the nurse said, I was traumatized..."

"By what?"

"... Both of my parents died in a fire. And it's all because of me... *sigh* When I was just 8 years old, I was with my friend Hongbin, who lives nearby. We were playing with fire at the yard, without my parents knowing. We were just jumping around like what all kids do. Then, I tripped over and the matchstick that was on fire made contact with the house. Unfortunately, the house was made of wood, making the fire spread faster. Before I knew it, my parents started screaming as they couldn't get out. The door was locked and on fire, even the windows were locked, why? Because they don't want insects to come inside. I couldn't save them so I called for help. But it was too late by the time the ambulance came. The whole house was swallowed by the fire, leaving no living thing alive. Meaning my parents are long gone. Since that day, I started to not talk and lived in an orphanage. Even when the nurses wanted me to speak, I just couldn't... It was hard to speak again... Until you came. You were like my sister, who in fact also died in the fire. You reminded me of her... Thank you. Thank you for making me speak again..."

Woomin just sat there speechless, not knowing what to say. All she could do is just hug him again, whispering into her ear," It's okay..."

After letting go, she said," My only wish for you was to speak. Now that's fufilled, you must do me a wish in case I can't make it..."

"Anything Woomin... Anything..."

"My wish was to be a singer when I was young, before my mom died. Now I know I can't make it, please be a singer. One of my favourite singers is Brian Joo, please tell him I wrote this song and ask him to promote it. I know you can be a singer, I know that... You have a beautiful voice. Please fufill my first and last wish..." 

Jaehwan thought about it and finally said yes. "Thank you. Now, go back, it's 7.30pm."

Jaehwan looked at the clock and waved goodbye before he left the room. 

 

Everyday he would visit Woomin and ask how was her day like. And it would always be the same answer, "Nothing much... You?" That was all she said to Jaehwan and the conversation would be different. At times, Jaehwan would sing while Woomin played the guitar and vice versa. And he also finally confessed one day. This happened for 3 months. 

 

Today is Woomin's birthday, 29 November. And Jaehwan decided to visit her in the afternoon as he has "classes" to attend. He bought flowers for her and a cheesecake with the number 18 candle. 

He happily skipped to the hospital and walked in. But, he noticed that nurses started running to the stairs, with a worried expressions on their faces. Jaehwan was not worried at all and walked to the elevator, pressing the number 3.

Once he was at the floor, the door opened and noticed the same nurses running. He was now worried and followed them. He realised they were running to room 504... Woomin...

He started to run past the nurses and reached room 504. He opened the door quickly and found the lifeless body on the bed, that stopped breathing. 

"Jung Woo Min. Age 18. Died on 3.32pm." The doctor said and sighed. 

"No..." he whispered to himself. 

"YOU'RE LYING! SHE IS NOT DEAD YET! SHE MUST BE SLEEPING! MOVE!" And pushed the doctors away from the bed. 

"Woomin? I know you're just sleeping. Woomin, wake up. It's Jaehwannie. Don't die on me... WOOMIN!" He shouted at last. He threw the flowers out of the window and started crying on the floor. "Please don't leave me alone..."

"Mr Jaehwan, she wrote a letter to you." The doctor said and gave him a post-it note. He took it and read it. 

Dear Jaehwan,

I should be dead by now. But I wrote this beforehand, I told the doctor to give this letter to you on the day I die. Please fufill my wish, that's all I want from you. I will be at peace watching you... Bye Jaehwan...

Date: 26 October 2008

 

Jaehwan was now just crying all over the place while saying Woomin's name. 

He looked at Woomin and whispered to himself,"I will fufill your wish. I promise." And crushed the paper. 

 

4 years later, he finally debuted as a member of VIXX, with the song "Superhero". Also, Brian Joo promoted the song "Let This Die" in both korean and englisn. Jaehwan, is now called as Ken, aka the Happy Virus that annoys Jung Taekwoon or Leo. What was more amazing that his childhood friend, Lee Hongbin, and Woomin's friend, Han Sanghyuk, were both in the group. They were surprised themselves when they saw each other. 

After their debut stage, they went to the car and Ken asked their manager,"Please go to the graveyard at Hongdae, I need to see someone.".

So far, only Hyuk knows why he wants to go there, leaving the other members clueless. Ken has not told them about Woomin yet, until today. 

"Who do you need to see, Ken?" N asked. Ken just remained silent and cried silently. 

"Yah Ken hyung! Why are you crying?!" Hongbin worriedly said. 

"You will see later..." Ken replied. 

 

They reached the graveyard and everyone was out of the car, except for the manager. Ken was now leading the group towards Woomin's grave. They finally reach her grave. 

Ken kneeled down and talked to the ground,"Woomin... I fufilled both of your wishes... You must be proud right?" he looks up at the sky,"Right?" And smiled. 

Tears started streaming down his face but with a smile on his face. The other members were just silent, but yet surprised of what they are hearing right now, except for Hyuk. 

"Woomin... I miss you so much right now..." Ken continued. 

A hand was placed on his shoulder. Ken turned around and found the quiet Leo looking at Woomin's grave,"I bet she is watching you right now, Ken. And she must be proud." Leo comforted him. 

Then, a ray of sunlight shone over Woomin's grave. Ken was now crying a fountain and made an ugly face at Leo. Leo just pushed his body onto the ground amd walked towards the car. 

VIXX just laughed and made their way back to the car, joking around. Ken looked back at the grave and thought...

 

 

I sill visit you again... See you soon