Male Staff Interviews

℘αɴɗεʍσɴأʋʍ: new boy group | predebut training
 

boy

 

pandemonium

 

group

 

Beginning

Information

Members

Chosen Characters

Staff

Other Characters

Discography

Albums & Songs

Male Staff Members' Interviews

 
 

How did you come to BossX? Why did you choose to work here?

Dojung: Dojung was perched quite comfortably on a dark green chair that appeared to be just a little too short for his large, gangly body. He was wearing his favorite coat; a long and black trench coat that complimented his lean figure nicely. Underneath the coat, he was dressed formally, wearing a neatly tailored suit that he obviously purchased custom-made. The question seemed to amuse him, but then again he always seemed to be amused. Laughing back softly, he smiled, “I've been working with the Choi family for many years,” he answered shortly, “When Yongwon came to me and asked me if I'd like to manage for a boy group, it was hard to say no.” He didn't explain why he didn't refer to the CEO formally, leaving the interviewer and the audience in the dark.

Is it difficult working in a new start-up company like BossX?

Dojung: Dojung cocked his head for a moment, his eyebrows knitted together as if he hadn't been expecting this question. But his charm never faltered, “Oh, of course it is,” his answer was succinct, straight to the point. Once again, he left more questions unanswered.

How is it working with Pandemonium?

Dojung: A genuine smile slipped across Dojung's lips, but a mischievous glimmer entered the depths of his eyes. “Oh, they're quite charming,” he answered smoothly. One can't help but wonder if the entire interview with Dojung was going to be this mysterious, but the manager wasn't done speaking yet. “It can be difficult since they're a little lazy, and they complain a lot,” he chuckled lightly as he thought of the boys fondly, “But I'm sure Pandemonium will capture your hearts. They're good kids.”

What is your average day working with Pandemonium?

Dojung: Dojung grinned as he had been hoping for a question like this. Even though Boyoung warned him not to dish any dirt on the boys, he had been waiting to embarrass them a little. “Well, my morning is usually a race to arrive at the dorm before Taechul wakes up, mainly due to an ongoing bet between the two of us,” Dojung smiled disarmingly, not explaining the bet. “Most days, he's woken up most of the members and is carrying Jinsung, leaving Sangjeon's wrath to me,” Dojung pretended to be a little injured by the idea, huffing softly, “We hop in the van and I drive them to their schedules. Some days, they start in completely different places. Taechul might start his day with Jangsuk, Sangjeon might meet with Zian first. Other days, they're all in the studio together. Sometimes, they have to tend to their individual activities. The downside about having boys that are already so famous and well known is that they often have other schedules to attend to. After they've worked hard all day long, they usually have a dinner that Youngwoo coordinates, and then have group exercises for a little while. That's always fun,” his grin shows that he truly feels entertained by the suffering of the boys as they run through their nightly exercises. “Then I take them home, and they usually either sneak ice cream, watch movies, or pass out cold.”

What are you hoping to do in order to help the boys improve?

Dojung: “Well,” Dojung seemed to think about this for a moment, “As a manager, my abilities to help the boys are limited. I can't teach them choreography, or how to sing. I can't teach them how to behave in front of the cameras. But I can get them the places they need to be. I can make sure they're getting what they need, that they have the emotional support they need.” pausing as he took a sip of water, then readjusted his coat. He then noticed some lint along the hem and frowned as he meticulously picked it off. The manager certainly seemed to take his time with the answer. “My job as a manager is to take care of them, and that's all I can really do,” he quietly added as he didn't smile. Although Dojung always seemed so full of mirth and mischief, it was apparent that he took his job very seriously.

Why do you always wear a coat or a jacket?

Dojung: Now Dojung laughed, a strange change from his previous seriousness as the question caught him off guard. He paused, and then laughed again as he thought about it briefly. “That's really what you ask? I have to wear a coat. If I were to show off my good looks, I'd make all those boys look bad in comparison,” he said with a playful grin and a wink. The interviewer cautiously asked him if he was being serious, to which he merely grinned even wider.

How long have you been managing?

Dojung: “That's a boring question,” he replied mildly, frowning slightly. “Let me look at Jangsuk's individual questions. I don't want him to have more interesting questions than I do. His fan club isn't as large as mine, yet. But if he gets all the good questions...” The interviewer passed him the sheet reluctantly after a brief pause, watching curiously as Dojung glanced over the entire question set list. After a few minutes, he looked back up and then passed the paper back. He was not smiling, but he was not frowning either as he merely seems bored. “Mm, I've been managing for a long time,” he answered, but didn't seem to want to give the full answer.

 

How did you come to BossX? Why did you choose to work here?

Jangsuk: Jangsuk was leaning forward in the green chair as he looked to be bored, but if one knew him well enough, they would know he was just a bit jittery. He had been given the preliminary beats for the albums by Zian recently and was itching to get started on the choreography, which was why he would rather be in his studio than in the stuffy interview room. And he didn't really like the question as he had his own reasons for working at the start up company, but didn't seem to want to share them. The interviewer was warned beforehand however that the quiet choreographer didn't really like to talk, which was why she simply fidgeted awkwardly as she waited for him to answer. A long, quiet moment passed before he finally opened his mouth to mutter out lowly, “They needed a choreographer.” His answer was simple and to the point, and the interviewer was just happy he answered at all.

Is it difficult working in a new start-up company like BossX?

Jangsuk: A small frown tugged at Jangsuk's lips now as he continued in the same sullen tone as before, “Dancing is the same all over the world. No matter what company I work for, from SM to YG to BossX, it's all just dancing and music to me.” His tone was slightly dismissive, which made the interviewer fidget even more as she was not familiar with Jangsuk aside from what Boyoung had told her for a preliminary debriefing. The choreographer was incredibly perceptive - he instantly noticed her discomfort and sighed silently, feeling a bit guilty for being so rude. “It's not easy since the CEO is less experienced,” he said softly, which seemed to brighten the interviewer up as he continued on, “But I like the freedom of the environment here a lot more than I liked other places. Yongwon-hyung is a kind CEO.”

How is it working with Pandemonium?

Jangsuk: Jangsuk now actually grinned, which almost startled the interviewer with the sudden expression change. He sat up straighter, finally settling in his seat as he seemed resigned to answer the questions. He probably wouldn't get much work done today, but at least he would be able to work hard tomorrow to make up for today. “They're interesting to work with. Taechul and I have known each other for a long time, so it's nice to have him there. He's very passionate about dance, more than anyone else in the group, even the one who is going to be assigned the main dancer position. Kyugeum's dancing isn't quite as strong as the others, but he's a hard working kid. He tries his best, and that's all I can ask of him.”

What is your average day working with Pandemonium?

Jangsuk: Now Jangsuk was picking at his nails. The interviewer wouldn't know this, but it was a nasty habit of his when he is incredibly anxious. To be honest, he just wants to wrap this interview up as quickly as possible in order to get to working on the choreography. “The boys usually don't arrive at my studio until a little after noon, since they usually have vocal training early in the morning. When I have all the boys at once, we work on the group choreography and make sure everyone is moving as one, even when their motions aren't synched. It's important that certain members are showcased throughout the choreography especially when their parts in the songs are coming up, so having precise and exact timing is very important. We usually spend our days running through the choreography repeatedly. Since they have so many songs for their debut album, they're really working hard on getting everything right. They usually spend about four hours in choreography with me before moving on to go meet with Zian.”

What are you hoping to do in order to help the boys improve?

Jangsuk: “Everything I can,” he instantly answered without hesitation as the fire behind his eyes showed that he is entirely dedicated to Pandemonium. “It's hard work for them to come in every day and train for hours, only to move on to the studio to record with Zian. They're working incredibly hard, so I'll work just as hard as they do to make them perfect and to make sure they're one hundred and twenty percent ready to debut.”

How do you determine what kind of choreography goes with the song?

Jangsuk: Jangsuk seemed to lighten up, as he likes talking about dance - his suddenly relaxed posture made it obvious. “I'll listen to a song repeatedly when trying to come up with the choreography. I'll stand in front of a mirror all night, trying out new moves, trying to determine when the choreography should move fast and when it should slow down. But ultimately, music has its own heart beat and its own flow. I only have to listen to what the music tells me.” His answer was strange, but it was full of passion, evident by the sudden faraway look he had for a split-second as if he was listening to a music that no one else in the room could.

Do you create new dance moves for the choreography?

Jangsuk: Now Jangsuk arched an eyebrow, his lips twisted up in minor amusement. “Are you accusing me of reusing old choreography?” he asked roughly, grinning when the interviewer becomes flustered. “Of course I create new moves for all the dances.”

 

How did you come to BossX? Why did you choose to work here?

Youngwoo: Youngwoo's famously misleading grin was fully in place as he sat down and readjusted his sweater, patting it down and smoothing it out. He was wearing a dark, burnt orange color that contrasted awkwardly with the chair, causing him to pout cutely. “Oh dear, I didn't realize the chair was going to be such a color,” he mumbled softly, seeming quite concerned with the fact that he was clashing colors with the piece of furniture. “Can we possibly get a new chair?” A cameraman came back with a dark brown chair in a few minutes that looked much better with Youngwoo's shirt as he sighed in relief. With a gentle and bashful smile, he apologized with overwhelming charm, “Sorry about that~." The interviewer seemed to be a bit dazed for a moment, perhaps even forgetting the question before Youngwoo answered it, “Anyway, I was scouted by the CEO straight out of Seoul National University. I chose to work here because I figured it would be a great opportunity for me.”

Is it difficult working in a new start-up company like BossX?

Youngwoo: If at all possible, Youngwoo's smile widened even more. “Oh no, of course not! I really love working for the company, it's like working with a big happy family!” he cooed, melting the hearts of the people around him in the room. How could one person be so darn adorable?

How is it working with Pandemonium?

Youngwoo: Youngwoo laughed and crossed his legs, “Oh, well, you know. It can be a bit tough when they're always hiding candy in their sock drawers, and when the manager blatantly sneaks them hamburgers. But I'm whipping them into shape, slowly but surely!” as he flashed a cute peace sign aegyo and laughed in an overwhelmingly adorable fashion. “Plus,” he added, his voice dropping a few octaves, “There is no hiding candy around me,” he said quietly, tapping his nose as if to say he could smell the candy.

What is your average day working with Pandemonium?

Youngwoo: Now Youngwoo in his cheeks, looking as if he was thinking deeply for a moment. “Well, I set up a meal plan for the boys every morning. Each member gets a different meal plan depending on what their nutritional needs are. For instance, Sangjeon is extremely skinny for his height and ends up eating a lot of rice. Jinsung needs to build lean muscle, so he eats soy beans with every meal. Taechul has a good body, but needs to take better care of his hair so he gets food rich in keratin. Haneul is short, and there is really no helping that. But he still needs a lot of calcium in his body to promote healthy growth. Kyugeummie is an energetic boy, but he's really got to work on his concentration so he gets a lot of fish to promote a healthier brain. From what I've heard of the last member, he seems to enjoy his protein enough, so I'll most likely have him eat more fruits and veggies to balance out his diet~” Youngwoo paused for a moment and smiled like he thinks something is amusing. “Naturally, they hate their strict diets. Jinsung hates vegetables, for instance. All of them like candy. But it comes with the life,” he then shrugged, as if it can't be helped. “I don't interact with or see them until after they finish with their other activities. I usually have nutrient drinks ready for them, and protein bars for them to get some healthy energy. From there, it's complaint-city as I have the unfortunate task of making them run laps and do sit ups and jumping jacks after their long days. It's just part of being an idol,” as he made an adorable face of pity, but it didn't quite reach his eyes.

What are you hoping to do in order to help the boys improve?

Youngwoo: Youngwoo waved his hand through the air, as if dismissing the question entirely. “Of course, I'm going to teach them how to take better care of their bodies. As of right now, they all have major flaws in their health. If they're to debut, they need to be perfect.”

What tips do you have in order to get the idol body?

Youngwoo: The aegyo-filled adult smiled at the question and uncrossed his legs, sitting forward as he readied himself for his speech. “For you ladies and gentlemen looking to get the idol body, it's important to know your body well. Starving yourself, skipping meals... Those methods may guarantee fast results but they are otherwise ineffective. Also remember that there is no such thing as a diet. If you want to be healthy, you have to commit to it. It's not a temporary thing - eating healthy will have to last throughout your life, as well as a good exercise routine. Drink lots of water, eat in moderation, and get a workout routine going. I can't guarantee you an idol's body, but if you follow those rules, you'll be healthy.”

What sorts of training and exercise does the members have to do?

Youngwoo: “The boys have different routines throughout the day, actually,” Youngwoo said nonchalantly, then took a deep breath. It didn't really show on his face, but he seemed to be getting bored with the interview. “They do short-burst exercises in which they work extremely hard for a small amount of time, like running up and down the stair cases. This is usually an unintentional consequence of a busy life style and a building without elevators, but it's good for them to get their heart rates up. In the morning, they're expected to stretch. Of course, they don't always get up early enough to stretch out their sleepy muscles,” he grinned darkly, as if he was a little irritated at the boys. What he really meant was: they never wake up early enough. “When they come to me, they're usually expected to do drills depending on their body types. Taechul, for example, works to keep himself toned due to the fact that he already has a muscular build.” Then he smiled politely again and asked if the interview is over, then bowed to the interviewer and promptly exits.

 

How did you come to BossX? Why did you choose to work here?

Zian: Zian had to be dragged into the interview room by Dojung amid some loud yelling and unknowning crashing. He didn't want to answer the questions or be a part of the project that the staff was working on today; in part because his Korean still isn't perfect, but mostly because he was looking a little disheveled and hated interviews. He was  wearing a leather-studded half-jacket, black skinny jeans, a leopard print t-shirt, and his signature sunglasses. Literally everything he was wearing was some sort of designer, down to his socks. His arms were crossed over his thin chest and he was scowling, evident even behind the sunglasses. “I chose to work here because I like making money. I was told I would have creative freedom and would be able to make many genres of music. Plus I get paid.”

Is it difficult working in a new start-up company like BossX?

Zian: The producer snorted, tilting his head up slightly, “It's a lot less difficult than being unemployed, or making the same generic crap that is flooding the pop markets these days.” Zian spoke with an accent, and his voice was harsh - he was shorter than the interviewer woman, but his harsh voice was intimidating her. He noticed, of course, but didn't really care to change at all. He didn't want to answer her questions anyway.

How is it working with Pandemonium?

Zian: “Horrible,” he answered shortly, readjusting his sunglasses and running a hand through his dark blonde dyed hair as he simply was irritated that he wasn't able to perfect it before being shoved in front of the camera. Being immaculately groomed is a personal mantra of his, not even a hair out of place, but he was still irritated. “One of them forgets the lyrics every single time he enters the studio. I don't know what goes through his head besides ,” he added as a bitter afterthought, somehow whipping out a compact mirror from seemingly nowhere to check his hair.

What is your average day working with Pandemonium?

Zian: Zian moved a few stray hairs back into place with a surgeon's precision before snapping his compact closed and snappily answered, “They come to see me after they finish dancing, so they're usually sweaty and smelly. As if that's not bad enough, they're not very bright. They always find something to mess up, so I always strain my voice yelling at them. Most days, they make me so mad I end up being dragged out of the studio,” he then shot a casual glance over his shoulder at Dojung, who couldn't be seen by the audience as he was standing against the door as to prevent the producer from even having the idea of bolting out of the room. Zian was told to say something positive about the boys though, so even though it pained him to be kind, he mustered up a half-assed compliment, “But they're working hard after a long day. I guess that's something.”

What are you hoping to do in order to help the boys improve?

Zian: He then frowned and glowered darkly at the interviewer, evidently not happy being asked such a question. “What can I do? Give them new brains? If they can't memorize lyrics, I can't fix that. Should we all play match together at night? Will that help them?” The interviewer apologized nervously, feeling incredibly awkward as it looked like the short producer was about to burst into anger at any second.

How is producing Korean Pop music different for you than Chinese music?

Zian: Zian shrugged carelessly, “It's not very different. Pop music is always going to be the same: catchy choruses, songs about relateable teenage angst stuff. You know,” he paused, then made a dramatic face, “I love you, but now I don't love you, but I miss you, and now I hate you, but please love me,” he seemed to stun the interviewer for a moment by singing those lines, his voice surprisingly husky. Smirking at the shocked face she made, he added on, “The only real problem is the language barrier.”

If you were not the producer, would you still work at BossX?

Zian: The producer now seemed confused by the question. “What would I do if I wasn't a producer? Dance?” before he suddenly laughed at the thought and then concluded the interview promptly as he stalked over to Dojung to smack him for dragging him down there in the first place.

 
 
 

 

Guess it's not really a teaser, just more like some information to get to know the staff better and whatnots? The female staff interviews should be up soon! And congratulations to all of our new members, don't forget to fill out the secondary application as soon as possible! :D We just got the last one to wait for now... Go, go, go with the applications! We want to start the story soon! ><

Creative Commons License

This theme by Nefelibata Themes is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License. Theft will be taken seriously, do not take snippets of the code without permission.