Broken Promise [Part 05]

I'm Your Man

 

Soo Young snuggled up close and rested her head against Jun Ho’s chest, relieved to be back in his arms once again. She felt a soft kiss dropping on top of her head before he placed his chin lightly on it.

Both of their eyes were fixed on the television screen but for Soo Young, her mind was elsewhere; thinking about how awkward it was for her to get through dinner awhile ago.

She had been forced to sit on the opposite side of Dong Woon and next to Jun Ho’s left. Imagine the tension she felt; having Dong Woon’s intense gaze staring down at her every few minutes.

It was so nerve-wrecking.

On the other hand, Jun Ho seemed to be oblivious to everything; talking and laughing with Doo Joon throughout the whole meal.

Unconsciously, she tightened her grip around his hand. She has to do something fast. It was getting really tiring, trying to fight off these absurd feelings for Dong Woon.

“Soo Youngie...” he murmured softly. But there was no reaction from his dazed girlfriend. He shook her lightly and called out her name once again.

“Soo Young-ah, are you okay?”

Startled, Soo Young jerked up in her seat and stared up at Jun Ho’s worried face.

Mwoh?”

He gave her a warm smile and patted her head lightly.

Yah, what’s wrong? You were squeezing my hand so tightly. What are you thinking about? Are you afraid or something? The show isn’t that scary is it?”

Her eyes fell back on the screen. She didn’t even realised the programme had changed to a horror movie. In fact, she doubt she was even paying attention since the last half hour.

I’m just afraid of losing you but I don’t know what’s going on now.

“No...” she shook her head slowly and went back to curling up by Jun Ho’s side. “I was just thinking of some things...”

“What is it?” he asked her gently, her arm as he did so.

But before she had the chance to even say anything, they heard footsteps coming into the room and a second later Dong Woon appeared before them.

“Oh! I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt or anything,” he mumbled in embarrassment. Soo Young pulled away from Jun Ho immediately and looked away uncomfortably.

Jun Ho just chuckled in response.

“It’s okay. We were just watching some shows. Soo Young was getting afraid of the ghosts scene by the way.”

Next to him, she grabbed the nearest pillow and hugged it close to her body.

“No, I wasn’t. See, I’m watching it perfectly fine now.”

Jun Ho gave off a small laugh and slung an arm casually across the headrest behind her.

“You are welcome to join us if you want.”

“Oh no, actually I was just wondering where your bathroom is. Your house is quite...big and Doo Joon hyung had to take an important phone call. I didn’t want to interrupt him so...”

Soo Young rolled her eyes slightly. It wasn’t like they live in a mansion or something.

“Come on,” she started to get up. “I’ll show you where it is.”

Before she could walk away, Jun Ho grabbed her hand and grinned playfully at her.

“Bring me back some juice will you?”

“Really? Juice at this time?”

“That hasn’t stopped me before Soo Youngie.”

She shook her head amusingly.

“Alright fine. I’ll be back in awhile.”

Both of them started to walk away, with Soo Young leading the way awkwardly. She could feel Dong Woon’s stare on her and it was making her feel tensed. The walk to the bathroom seems to be taking longer than usual.

“Here you go,” she told him when they finally reached the first floor’s bathroom. “I don’t have to wait around for you right?”

She her heels and began to walk away but then she felt him grabbing hold of her wrist, stopping her from taking another step.

“Wait, Soo Young. There’s something I want to say.”

She wriggled her hand free from his grasp and crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“What is it?”

“I know, things are pretty uncomfortable between us now. And with Jun Ho’s return, things are going to be even harder. But I want you to know Soo Young...”

He paused for awhile.

She eyed him curiously, waiting for him to finish his sentence. It felt like the longest 3 seconds of her life.

“...that I will never give up on you no matter what happens.”

She remained still upon hearing his confession. Her heart was racing insanely fast as his words started to sink slowly in her mind.

...no matter what happens

Why was he doing this to her?

 

Jun Ho walked towards the kitchen leisurely, with the intention of pouring himself the juice which Soo Young hasn’t brought back for him. Weird. Does it take that long for her to point out the directions?

But when he was about a few steps away from the kitchen doorway, he heard voices coming from the direction of the bathroom. Curious, he edge closer to listen in better.

“...And with Jun Ho’s return, things are going to be even harder. But I want you to know Soo Young...”

He was pretty sure that deep voice belongs to Dong Woon. But what were they talking about so discreetly?

Jun Ho took a peek from behind the wall and saw Soo Young standing there with him, her arms crossed and her back slightly turned towards him.

He took another step closer.

And almost immediately, he wished he hadn’t.

“...that I will never give up on you no matter what happens.”

 

My biasness can't be helped.