Make You Love Me [Part 02]

I'm Your Man

 

Right now, in order to protect you, in order to watch over you...I’m giving it my all...

 

“Lee Ji Eun!”

The petite girl whirled around expectantly and she broke into a huge grin when she saw him there, leaning against his sporty red car casually.

Oppa!” she called out happily and skipped over towards where he was standing, her backpack thumping against her bag as she did so. Her ponytail bounced up and down as she jumped her way through the cluster of students.

Woo Young stretched out his arms wide open to welcome her in and she gladly wrapped her arms around his waist adoringly.

Yah, you could’ve tell me you were coming to see me today,” she said when they pulled away from each other.

Woo Young frowned slightly as he pushed his shades up the bridge of his nose.

“What? Do I need an appointment to see you now?”

“No, no,” she shook her head vigorously and waved her hands in denial. “That’s not what I meant. But what if I had already gone home earlier today? Or I could’ve slipped by and you wouldn’t notice me.”

“Ah, that’s not possible. I’ve been waiting here since an hour ago. I wouldn’t be able to miss you. Anyway, you don’t have any other plans now do you?”

Anye,” she gave him a warm smile. “Are you taking me somewhere fun?”

He smirked in response.

“Get in the car. And don’t ask any questions.”

 

“Ah oppa...” Ji Eun grimaced when she realised the place he had taken her to. “Ice-skating?”

Wae-yo? It’s going to be okay. We used to come here when we were kids, remember?”

“But...it’s been so long since I last ice-skate,” she protested and remained frozen on her spot. “I’m not going in.”

Pabo,” Woo Young told her amusingly and took her hand in his. “Gwenchana, I’m not going to let anything bad happen to you.”

 

Yo Seob threw his phone angrily onto the passenger seat of his car. He had been trying to call Ji Eun since 2 hours ago and she hasn’t responded to any of his calls or texts.

He had driven over to her school, hoping to catch her before she left, but when he reached there she was nowhere to be seen.

And then, it suddenly struck to him.

Woo Young must’ve beaten him to it.

She was most probably with him right now.

“Argh!”

 

Andwae! Don’t let me go,” she pleaded with him when Woo Young was about to release her hands. She grabbed on to the handrails hastily for support.

“Yah, Lee Ji Eun. When will you learn then?” he chided her and started to pull her away from the railings. “I told you, there’s nothing to be afraid of. I’m here.”

“Well yeah, but you were about to let me go,” she glared at him.

Woo Young let out a soft chuckle.

“I want you to try and be on your own. I’ll catch you if you fall.”

Ji Eun took a deep breath as Woo Young gradually released her once again. Trying her best to balance herself, it seemed like she had gotten the hang of it at first.

“Eh oppa! I think I can do it now!” she cried out happily towards Woo Young who was skating closely behind her. “Look, I’m flying!”

She outstretched her arms and threw back her head with her eyes closed.

Yah! Don’t do that!”

As soon as the words were out of his mouth, Ji Eun’s legs gave way underneath her and her arms flailed wildly as she tried to compose her balance.

Without a moment of hesitation, Woo Young rushed forward towards her and shot out his arms to grab hold of her before she could hit the ice-cold ground.

“Whoa, easy there,” he told her as he placed his hands underneath her arms and stood her back up on her feet. “Are you okay?”

Ji Eun nodded her head slowly as she breathed in and exhaled deeply. She looked up at Woo Young and gave him a weak smile.

“Thanks oppa.”

 

Jamkkan man!” he stopped her when she was about to unbuckle the seat belt and climb out of the car. “I have something for you.”

Ji Eun peered at him curiously as he reached over and pulled out something from one of his car compartments.

“Ji Eun-yah, this is for you. Happy Belated Birthday,” he wished her with a warm smile as he handed over the red box towards her. “Sorry I couldn’t give this to you on the actual day.”

Her face lit up brightly as she held the box excitedly in her hand.

“What is this oppa?”

“You’ll see when you open it,” he winked. “Okay then, you better get inside now. I’ll see you some other time Ji Eun-yah.”

Taking him by surprise, she threw her arms around him and pulled him in for a tight hug.

Gomawo,” she whispered into his ear. “No other present can compare to whatever you’ve given me, no matter how small it is. Just having you here is good enough already.”