Virus [Part 03]

I'm Your Man

 

She walked down the aisle nervously with the veil covering almost half of her beautiful face. Next to her, her father was smiling happily to all the guests that had attended the wedding; while the others were nodding their heads in acknowledgement.

Ji Young took in a couple of deep shaky breaths as she neared the podium where Nichkhun was standing, waiting for her. In a few minutes time, everything would change. Her whole word, her teenage life that she has to leave behind – she was going to be a married woman.

Something which every woman has dreamed of, including her.

Just not with the man who was standing in front of her now.

“I’ll take her from here, father,” Nichkhun smiled warmly at the elder man as he took Ji Young’s hand from her appa’s.

Mr Kang gave him a light pat on the back before turning to face her daughter just before the ceremony commemorated.

“It’s all going to be good now,” he told her comfortingly. “You don’t know how happy this makes me, to see you here like this today.”

Appa...” her bottom lip started to quiver but she tried her best to hold her tears back. This was not the time to lose it.

Her father gave her one last warm smile before he retreated back to his seat. Ji Young inhaled deeply as she turned around to face the pastor that was going to commence their wedding.

It was time.

Everything was such a blur for her. All those words that came out of the pastor’s mouth slipped Ji Young’s ears momentarily. She couldn’t even put her mind to it. All that she wanted to do was to bolt out of there but she was aware of her father’s proud stare from behind her.

There was no way that she could let him down.

“You may now kiss the bride.”

She stood perfectly still as Nichkhun took off the white translucent veil and revealed her face to him. Her heart was beating twice its normal speed as his face loomed in closer to her, with his hand lifting up her chin slightly.

Finally, their lips touched.

It was just for a brief moment but Ji Young felt that it was like the longest 10 seconds of her life.

Just as he was about to pull away from her slowly, Ji Young heard the front doors opening and someone barged in angrily.

Jamkkan man!” his familiar voice rang out loud and clear. “I object to this wedding!”

Both of them turned towards the source of the voice immediately. Ji Young let out a small gasp when she saw Gi Kwang standing there in the same room as her, right in front of her.

“Kwang-ah...” she murmured softly as the tears threatened to fall over. Nichkhun eyed his wife suspiciously and his head went back and forth towards her and the man who supposedly wanted to object to their wedding.

Mr Kang stood up abruptly from his seat as he looked sharply at the intruder.

“What are you doing here?”

Gi Kwang marched up the steps and stood right next to his distraught girlfriend.

“I’m sorry abeoji, but I can’t let you do this. I can’t let you break Ji Young and me apart.”

He took her hand and started to pull her away but Nichkhun managed to grab her wrist and stop him from doing so.

“I don’t know who you are...but I don’t think I can let you do that,” Nichkhun said gravely. “Ji Young and I are legally married now and you can’t just come in here and take her away.”

Flustered, Gi Kwang let go of Ji Young’s hand and squared up his shoulders as he stared Nichkhun up.

“Don’t you feel ashamed at all? Taking away someone’s girlfriend like that and making her your wife?” he snapped. “You’re the one who’s not supposed to be here.”

“Kwang-ah...” Ji Young spoke up softly next to Nichkhun’s left. “Jebal...don’t do this.”

“What do you mean don’t do this?” he uttered in disbelief. “Are you going to just stand there and agree to everything that’s been arranged for you?”

“Just please...leave now,” she pleaded with him, tears stinging her eyes painfully. “Don’t cause a scene here.”

“Fine, I’ll leave. But I’m taking you with me!”

He snatched her hand up and tried to pull her again once more but before he had the chance to do so, Nichkhun stepped in between them and tore apart his grasp on her.

“Please leave now while I’m still asking you nicely.”

Without another warning, a loud punch flew up Nichkhun’s face, sending him tumbling backwards and hitting his back hard on the stand.

“Gi Kwang!” Ji Young exclaimed in disbelief as her eyes flashed angrily at him. “What are you trying to do?”

Almost instantly, a group of uniformed men swarmed him from behind and two of them stepped forward to pull him away before he could start another ruckus.

“Take him away and make sure he doesn’t come back!” Mr Kang’s authorised voice instructed the men.

“Let me go! You can’t do this to us,” Gi Kwang was still protesting as he was being hauled away. “This is unfair!”

Baby, I’m your man...I’m not backing away...

Ji Young just watched helplessly as they took her lover away. She shut her eyes closed for a moment; wishing it was all just a nightmare.

When she opened them once again, she saw the guests murmuring among themselves while some of them peered curiously at her. She winced silently inside. So much for reality.

She turned back around and noticed that a few others had come forward to help Nichkhun up. She kneeled down next to him and touched his arm gingerly.

“Are you okay?”

He nodded his head at her and gave her a reassuring smile.

“I’m fine. It’s nothing serious.”

She reached out her hand to touch him on the spot where Gi Kwang had hit him. The bruise was starting to get visible just above his jawline as blood trickled down his mouth.

Someone handed her a tissue and she took it hastily. Carefully, she dabbed the corner of his mouth cleaned. The whole time, Nichkhun was just staring at her, watching her closely.

She heard her father ushering the guests out of the room as he informed them of the banquet available in the room next door. At the thought of food, most of them hurried away without a question asked.

She was glad for the distraction. She didn’t think she could face them all for awhile now.

When it was only the two of them left, Ji Young looked down at her two hands regretfully.

“I’m really sorry about that. I didn’t know he would come here and cause a scene like that.”

Gwenchana,” he told her simply. “It wasn’t your fault. He’s upset, I understand that.”

“But still...”

“Hey,” he interrupted and leaned in closer towards her. “This is supposed to be a memorable day for us,” he said softly and placed his hand underneath her chin to make her look at him. “Let’s just put this behind us and forget that it even happened okay?”

You’re mine now and that’s all that matters.”

 

A/N I'm not going to do it in order already. Whichever story I can update, which ever one the inspirations comes first - I'll write that. Sorry if it's inconvenient for you. And I'm sorry for this long wait :/