Make You Love Me [Part 01]

I'm Your Man

 

Woo Young looked down at the small red square box in his hand and smiled by himself. Inside of it holds something of a very great value and is only deserved by the most important person in his life.

 Today was her birthday and he was sure that there was no other present that could be better than what he had gotten her.

Taking his phone out from his jeans front pocket, he quickly pressed his number 2 speed dial and pressed the phone against his ear. Waiting patiently while listening to the dial tone, he skipped a little in his steps; already excited by the thought of spending her special day with her.

“Hello?” her soft melodic voice answered at the other end and Woo Young’s heart leaped in delight. Hearing her voice made him missed her so much and now he really couldn’t wait to see her with his own two eyes.

“Ji Eun-yah, it’s me,” he answered cheerfully.

“Oh. Woo Young oppa,” she said in understatement. He could practically hear the smile in her voice. “Is there anything that I can do for you?”

Shoving the box into his front pocket safely, Woo Young scratched the back of his head sheepishly.

“Happy Birthday Lee Ji Eun! You’re already a year older today.

A soft giggle escaped from the other end of the receiver and it made Woo Young grinned crazily; something which was actually hard for him to do in normal circumstances. But then again, nothing is ever normal when it comes to Ji Eun.

“Gomawo oppa!” she thanked him gratefully, her laughter dying down a bit. “I thought you had already forgotten about it.”

Yah! How could I forget about it? Listen, wishing you over the phone is not enough. Are you free right now?”

She went silent for a whole of 20 seconds when Woo Young suddenly heard some rustling sound coming from her background.

“Ji Eun, are you still there?” he asked worriedly.

Neh, I am. But...” she started to hesitate and Woo Young cringed unwillingly. Nothing good follows after a ‘but’.

“If you had asked me just a bit earlier, I would’ve been able to go out with you oppa.”

“Why? Do you already have any plans?” he asked curiously as he glanced left and right before crossing the traffic to the other side of the streets.

Again, there was that short pause.

“Ji Eun-yah...” he called out to her softly.

“I’m still here,” she answered him finally. “And yes, I already have other plans.”

“Do you mind sharing with me about it?”

Woo Young could hear her taking a deep breath before continuing in an uncertain voice.

“Yo Seob oppa called me this morning and asked me out for dinner. He said he wanted to celebrate my birthday with me.”

Almost instantly, Woo Young’s right fist was balled up angrily as he tried to keep his voice under control.

Jinjja? Where is he taking you?”

“I don’t know yet. Oppa, I’m really sorry. I know we have done this every year and this year is no exception. We will go out soon okay?”

Aniyo. Going out with Yo Seob seems like a good idea,” he tried to brush it off nonchalantly. “I can tell that you do like him anyway.”

“It’s not like that...” she started to say but he was quick to cut her off.

“Have fun today okay? Call me if you need anything.”

Without waiting for her response, Woo Young pulled the phone away from his ear and pressed the end call button. A soft cussed slipped from his mouth as he shook his head indignantly.

That Yo Seob kid was really something.

 

“Did Woo Young oppa say anything to you when you were going out just now?”

Yo Seob furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he shook his head slowly.

“No. Why would he?”

Ji Eun bit her bottom lip guiltily as she picked up her fork and spoon gingerly.

“I don’t know. I think he’s mad at me.”

“Why is he angry with you?” Yo Seob asked curiously as he fed himself with the steak that he had ordered.

“Well...it’s just that I’ve never missed celebrating my birthday with him every year. And he knows I’m going out with you tonight...”

“Oh,” Yo Seob said without a trace of guilt in his voice. “We all need some changes in our lives don’t we?”

“It’s not that...”

“Look,” he interrupted her abruptly. “It’s your special day and we’re out together. Let’s just have fun okay? It’s your special day today.”

Reaching over the table, Yo Seob took her hand in his and gave it a gentle squeeze.

Ji Eun managed a small smile at him before nodding her head slowly.

“You’re right. I won’t talk about this anymore.”