Summer Tutor: Day 1 (Tao)

The Wushu Sticks

You had to be joking? Tao thought as he sat in the living room of his family's house, sunshine streaming in through the high windows. Who does more learning during summer?'  He sighed, puffing air upwards to blow some of his black hair put of his eyes, 'and of all people to tutor me why does it have to be my best friend Chen?'

No sooner had the freshly graduated Tao thought the other's name then the doorbell rang and a sharp knock struck the door.

"Tao open up it's Chen!" 

Groaning, the chair scraped on the floor as he stood walking to the door with arms crossed and no intent to open it.

"No one here is willing to learn more school crap-I think you found the wrong Tao." he speaks back.

There was a moment of silence. It hovered, lingering like morning fog. And then...

'Hello you've reached the voicemail of Wei Huang I'm not available right now but leave a message and I'll call back soon.'

"Hi Mrs. Huang, it's Chen, I wanted to let you know that Tao-"

Tao swung the door open like it was his final thing to do, swinging it so fast that it hit the wall with a thud, and he death glared at the older boy standing there with a white shirt over a blue wife beater and a smug smirk on his face.

"-has been eagerly awaiting my arrival by the door." the older finishes, ends the call then brushes by him like its no big deal.

"I didn't call you in-" he turns, seething as the other set his stuff on the table.

"Yeah your mom did though," he smiles, "Oh come on, Tao. Relax, I'm not going to give you straight up college Calculus." 

Tao walked over to the other, eyes not leaving the other's face. There wasn't even a mark of teenage skin problems on his face. And the sunlight spilling on his semi-tousseled hair made some of the strands shine like gold.

"I don't want to learn anything. It's my final summer after high school. I just finished 4 years of hell, cut me a break, ChenChen.." he gives his famous pout-known for making his dad crumble and turn to mush.

Chen just stared at him, "It'll be fun."

"Liesssss..." he hisses like a cat, "Math is not fun. Neither is Reading huge books."

Chen crosses his arms and gives him a bit of a harsher glare.

"I can't not teach you something. Your mom's going to ask. Now stop acting like a kid and sit down."

"I am not acting like a kid!" he protests, but the raised eyebrow the other gives makes him quietly obey and sit.

"Can't we like..just say we learned things and just hang out? I haven't seen you in almost two years." he huffs.

Looking at the other as he gives a final attempt to make today non-educational.

"I am not a liar. Now, take this. I want to see what you remember from Algebra class." A packet of paper gets set infront of him and he stares blankly at it.

"Algebra....Chen it was my senior year what the hell do you think I remember besides parties and getting wasted?" he scoffs, but when the other just stares at him and hands oveer a pencil, he takes it and coldly looks down to begin the assesment.

"I can ask you for help right?" he asks the other.

"Ofcourse, but I'm not giving away answers."

Sighing, Tao slumps forward and stares at the first question in defeat.