One

Waiting For Rain

A slightly chilly breeze gushed through the sheer curtain, it blew and sent it upward while the dim light from the moon shone on Sehun’s complexion. Little droplets of moisture collected on his temple, his eyebrows furrowed into a crease in between. His eyes shot opened, woken him from his sleep. He seemed troubled at first but then a softer look along with a smile swiftly slid across his face and disappeared. Sehun sunk back down into his mess of pillows and blankets and closed his eyes, hoping to have a similar dream.

The next time Sehun opens his eyes, it was the day that he turned seventeen and also five years since he had relocated in New York from Korea. Sehun went out, alone, like most of the days. He dropped by 85 Degrees to pick up his usual breakfast and took a circle around the block to a café. He contemplated whether he should dropped by Guppy to visit Jongin or not, but he decided not to since his mind finally found the missing puzzle to why they lost contact for almost a month. He pulled his car back out and drove right back to the house without picking up his coffee.

Sehun sat aimlessly on his sofa, thought about the dream he had last night. He tried so much to remember what he saw but it was useless. He can only remember one little piece and it drove him crazy. It drove him insane. But it wasn’t because he couldn’t remember, it was because of who appeared in his dream.

Sehun hadn’t seen him in five years. Five years but it seemed like five centuries, like eternity. Truth be told, Sehun missed him a lot, to the point that he thought there were still feelings left. Sehun couldn’t explain but he put those thought aside and decided to go out again for his birthday like he supposed to. His phone rang before he can get a hold of it and the caller read Baekhyun.

“Happy birthday bro. What’s your plan for today?” Baekhyun shouted on the other end as if Sehun couldn’t hear him clearly but Baekhyun was loud by himself

“I’m not sure. You wanna hang?”

Sehun dropped his head on the arm rest and stared at the air. Baekhyun had already hung up on the other side but he still had his phone held up to his ear. Sehun stayed like that for a while and decided to put on a bright smile and went to meet up with Baekhyun. For a moment, he forgot about his dream for awhile, thankfully.

Resting firmly on Sehun’s birthday cake were two candles, one and zero. The situation was they had both totally forgot about the candle part and just bought the little cake by itself. By the time either one of them realized, it was too late to go out and buy any. So for an emergency solver, Baekhyun went through his cupboard and found three candles, two of one and a zero. Baekhyun gave Sehun a choice between being one year old or ten and he went with ten. At least if Sehun could turn back time and get back to being ten, he can fix a whole mess of things, rather than being a newborn.

Baekhyun’s voice echoed through the empty house with a melodic tone of a birthday song along with his grand piano while Sehun made a wish and blew out the candles on his cake. Sehun closed his eyes and clasped his hands together, made a wish that truly came out from his heart. The moment Baekhyun stopped singing, the moment the atmosphere began to fill with silence and emptiness, in Sehun’s mind that is.

The two of them decided to have a sleep over at Baekhyun’s house since nobody was at Sehun’s house anyways, so might as well. Sehun needed some company right now. He slept in the same bed with Baekhyun for the night. They held each other into sleep like a baby with his teddy bear. But truth be told Baekhyun was the one that couldn’t fall asleep, he just laid and let his mind drift until his eyelids were too tired to hold their own weight and just collapsed, sending Baekhyun in a sleepless sleep.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

let me now how it is so far because im kinda not feeling this lol