Final

Pierced my Heart

“You want me to what?” I nearly dropped the book I was holding.

“It’s only a piercing.” Tao pouted, “I’m getting another one too.”

“Ya! You already have like eight!” I flicked his ear.

“Please!! For me!!” Tao knew I couldn’t resist his aegyo.

I sighed and put my book down.

“What kind of piercing?” I mumbled quietly.

“Yes!!” Tao practically tackled me in a bear hug.

“You’re the bestest friend anyone could ask for.” He nuzzled his face in my hair.

“Ya!” I pried his hands off of me before I could turn a brighter shade of red and he landed on the couch next to me, “You owe me big time.”

 

“Ya, _____-ah, come on!”

I stood rooted to the spot. I stared up at the sign that said Tattoos and Piercings and gulped.

“Why don’t we just get friendship bracelets instead?” I tried to hide my shacking voice.

“Is my little teddy scared?” Tao put his hands on my shoulders.

“No.” I crossed my arms, avoiding his gaze, “I just…” I couldn’t think of an excuse.

“Look at me, ____-ah.” Tao put his hand under my chin and pulled my face to look at him, “I wouldn’t do this with you if I didn’t trust you, arasso?”

I frowned at him in return.

“Please.” He pulled me into his chest.

I sighed my heart beating faster, “Ne, let’s just get this over with.”
Tao grabbed my hand and we entered the small shop.

“Ah, Huang Zitao.” I heard a deep voice and turned to see a tall lanky man, “Back again I see.”

He had long hair that was shaved on one side and a black tank top that showed off his tattoo covered body. He was actually pretty hot and his voice was very warm despite his tough looking exterior.

“Ne, and I bought a friend.” He put his arm around my shoulder.

“I’m Jinsoo.” I bowed to him and introduced myself.

“A friend?” Jinsoo smirked at Tao and I blushed.

“We want to get a new piercing.” I spoke interrupting their ‘conversation’.

“Ne, come over here.” He led us to a room and showed us different piercings.

Tao and I decided on a simple cartilage piercing on our right ear.

“You go first.” I pushed Tao onto the seat and he chuckled.

“I guess I’ll go first.” He laughed.

“Arasso, I’ll go get everything.” Jinsoo left us alone in the room.

“You’re so scared.” Tao chuckled.

“No I’m not.” I lightly punched him in the shoulder but he grabbed my hand pulling me down so are faces were inches away from each other.

He brought his face closer, never breaking eye contact, and whispered in my ear, “I know something that can get your mind off of your fear.”

“T-Tao…” I stuttered. The smell of his cologne and close proximity of our bodies made it hard for me to breathe.

Suddenly he pushed me back up and laughed.

Luckily, Jinsoo returned and sat beside Tao.

“Here we go.” Jinsoo put on his gloves and cleaned Tao’s ear.

“You’re not going to hold my hand?” Tao smirked.

“In your dreams.” I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms over my chest.

Jinsoo poked Tao’s ear with the needle and in the next moment screwed in the earring.

“All done.” He gave Tao the mirror.

“You’re turn.” Tao motioned for me to sit.

“Maybe I’ll just get it later.” My heart began to beat out of my chest.

“Chill out, you’ll be fine.” Tao finally began to look worried, “Look at me.”

I fearfully looked into his eyes. He gave me a stare that made my heart drop and made me feel a little more secure.

“Why don’t I count?” I heard Jinsoo offer.

“Maybe you should.” Tao nodded.

“10-9-8-7-6”

“I still have time to change my mind?” I clenched my fists.

“5-4-3”

I closed my eyes and at the same time felt pressure on my lips then on my ear. Every thought left my head and all I could think about was the boy whose lips were on mine.

I opened my eyes to see that Tao was indeed kissing me. Before I could even process what happened he pulled away and sat in his chair smirking.

“Finally.” I hear Jinsoo stand up.

“What the…” I touched my lips then my ear with now had a earring in it.

“I told you I could take your mind off of everything.” Tao said confidently.

“Good job, buddy.” Jinsoo patted Tao’s shoulder.

“What do mean, ‘good job’?” I looked from Jinsoo to Tao, “You knew about this?” I fumed.

“It was Tao’s idea. He called me a couple of days ago.” Jinsoo patted me on the shoulder and left the room.

“Why did you kiss me?” I couldn’t look Tao in the eye. I’ve always liked him, but I didn’t think that he’d ever feel the same way.

“I like you. ____-ah.” His spoke above a whisper his words dripping with sincerity, “No, I love you. I don’t want to be best friends, I want more. I want you.”

My head shot up at his confession, “You want…me?” My face reddened and he grabbed my hand.

“Yes, I want you.” He slowly smiled and my mouth seemed to mirror his.

“I love you, Tao.” I squeezed his hand and his eyes grew wider which I thought wasn’t possible.

I pulled him towards me like he did earlier, “Kiss me again, pabo.”

He chuckled and took my face into his hands. He smashed his lips against mine and I could feel him smiling.

When we finally pulled away I looked at Tao who never looked happier in his life, “Let’s get out of here, Jagi, and go on a proper date.”

Tao pulled me out of the seat and gabbed my hand as we walked out of the room.

“Success!” Jinsoo jumped up and down.

Tao rolled his eyes and pulled out his wallet.

“This one is on the house.” Jinsoo smiled, “Don’t hesitate to come back though. I’m sure the lovely lady would love a tattoo.”

“Yeah maybe.” I laughed and Tao and I left.

“Don’t ever take me with you when you get your body modifications.” I sighed, “Next time I will end up with a tattoo.I just know you’ll guilt me into it”

“Where would you put it?” Tao bite his lip and light nudged me.

“Somewhere no one can see it.” My mom would kill me if I really did get one.

Tao pulled me into his chest, grabbing my hips, “I’ll be able to see it, right?” he practically growled in my ear.

“You’re a pig.” I pushed away and started walking, “You better hurry up. You owe me bubble tea for this.”

Tao chuckled and ran over to me and grabbed my hand, “Whatever you say, Jagi.”