Final.

Give Me Back To My Sky~

 

 

“Who said I like you?" Sehun teased, giving his thousand watt smile. He was resting his head on my lap and I could feel my heart thump uncontrollably from the fact.

 

“I-I.."  I managed to stutter out, feeling my cheeks heat up. After taking one glance at his beautiful face, all words escaped my mind. I bit my bottom lip, struggling to mask the tears that were forming in my eyes.

 

'What do I say now? I completely misunderstood. He doesn't like me. I'm so stupid. Did my brain get replaced by or something?'

 

"Don’t be silly, Sehun," I answered, barely maintaining composure. "It was just a joke," I breathed out, mentally cursing myself. I was debating whether or not I should run away and never look back because the embarrassment was just too much.

 

"Hey," he mumbled, lifting my head up. He my cheek, brushing off a teardrop that I never noticed had fallen. “Why are you crying?"

 

I rubbed at my eyes and forced myself to laugh. “I-I'm sorry.. I shouldn't have said anything..”

 

“I was just kiddi--.”

 

“No, no," I interrupted, looking to the side to avoid Sehun's gaze. “It's stupid, isn't it? You liking me," I finished off awkwardly.

 

“Hey, I said I was just kiddi--."

 

I intervened again, nudging the head that was lying on my lap. "You don't have to force yourself," I growled out. "You don't have to like me."

 

“Damn it, Kyungsoo. Will you just listen to me?" he exclaimed, brows furrowing in frustration.

 

“Alright, Sehun, we can talk later. Just not now. I have to go,” I muttered, feeling my heart tearing in two. As I tried to get up, something pulled me back. Looking down, Sehun's fingers were wrapped tightly around my wrist.

 

“Why are you always cutting me--?"

 

“Because I already know what you're going to say,” I answered, feeling slightly guilty since I interrupted him yet again. I stared into his brown orbs, getting lost into them. Even with his face scrunched up angrily, he made my heart beat faster.

 

Snapping myself back to reality, I lightly nudged his hand off of my wrist. “I think I really should g--."

And this time, I wasn't the one cutting him off. Pinching my arm to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, I thought to myself, 'Did I really just feel his lips on mine?'

 

Sehun stepped back and elicited a nervous gasp. “Jesus Christ, Kyungsoo Hyung. Why do you talk so much?"

 

I brought my fingers up to my lips, still feeling the heat that radiated from Sehun's lips.

 

“Y-you j-just…” I stuttered, completely lost for words.

 

He pulled me into his chest, and breathed into my ear, "You talk too much. You don't even give me a chance to say anything."

 

Wrapping his arms around my whole body, I felt his breath lightly tickle my neck. I could feel my face heating up and I was praying for it to return to its normal color.

 

I could also hear my heart beating a mile a minute and I hoped Sehun wouldn't be able to feel it. It was embarrassing enough that I was a stuttering mess in front of him. I didn't need to give him another reason to make fun of me.


Burying my face into his chest, I was able to conceal my flushed face. The feeling of being in Sehun's arms was so warm and comforting. I had absolutely no desire to move from that spot. I firmly held onto the back of his shirt, knowing I probably badly wrinkled it. But it didn't matter to me. I just loved the feeling of being next to Sehun.

 

“Seriously, Hyung,” Sehun broke the comfortable silence. ”You should have let me finish my sentence."

 

“B-But you said you don’t like me,” I squeaked out, voice shamefully cracking in the middle of the sentence. I cursed my useless body for embarrassing me with perfect timing.

 

“Yeah," Sehun chuckled out. "I said it because I don't like you."

 

I paused for a second, taking in what he just said. I pulled back my hands and pushed him away.

 

"Then let me go!" I shouted, feeling tears starting to emerge within my eyelids.

 

But he just pulled me into his arms again, hugging me even tighter. My efforts to escape were futile as he had a firm grasp on my body. I could feel his face pressing against my hair, but no matter how much I loved the feeling, I just wanted him to release me. The deprecating feelings within myself were drawing me closer and closer to having a crying fit.

 

"I don't like you because…" he started, taking a deep breath.

 

I patiently wait for him to finish his sentence. In my mind, I was expecting the worst. 'I don't like you because you're ugly; you're fat; who would ever want to be with you?'

 

But those thoughts completely evaporated when he murmured, "Because I love you."

 

I didn't need to hear anything else. I finally succumbed to tears as I felt his hand the back of my head.

His voice softly burned into my ears as he asked, "Hey, why are you crying?"

 

He broke our hug to look into my eyes, but I didn't appreciate the new gap formed between us. I pushed myself against his chest again, burying my face into it. I clung onto his shirt again as I calmed down my hiccuping cries.

 

And then I finally answered, "…Because I love you too, Sehun-ah!"

 

With our confessions out of the way, Sehun and I opted for relaxing under the sun. His head was on my knees again as I gently his hair.

 

I had stopped crying, yet my mood was still somewhat somber. It must've shown on my face because Sehun brought his fingers up to my cheeks, caressing it slightly.

 

"What's wrong?" he asked, tracing his fingers over my eyes.

 

I sighed out loudly before murmuring out, "I don't know why you chose me."

 

He opened his eyes wide, staring right into my orbs. I turned my head shyly, looking anywhere but his face.

 

He slid his hand back onto my cheek and I could feel his fingers trembling. He turned my head slightly so I would look directly at him. "Hey!" he exclaimed, making me flinch slightly. "Give me back to my sky."

 

I stared right back at him, tilting my head. "I don't understand," I started, but he had a wide smile plastered onto his face, making my words stop.

 

"That's much better," he chuckled out. "And the answer to your question is.." he whispered, pulling my face closer to his.

 

"Your eyes are my sky," he stated. "Could I live without looking at them?" he finished, making my cheeks flush.

 

Sehun leaned his face closer to mine until I felt his pillowy lips against mine. I deepened the kiss for a minute before I pulled back, out of breath.

 

"You'll have a really long time to look at them," I answered, leaning forward to kiss him again.

 

"You have a whole eternity..."