Arch's Body

Kaleidoscope of the Mind

 

Arch's Body

Chaper 1

Introducing: Mell(1990), Arch(1992) and Jin(1988).

----------------

 

6:52 pm-

 

“Time sure passes by quickly when it is just the two of us!” Mell said to Arch as she looked off at the sun, which began to set moments ago.

 

Mell and Arch were sitting under an umbrella on a hill. The lighting of the sky was piles of shades and colors, and the two could not help but be lost in the vastness of their indescribable view. The vistas darkening space was scintillating faintly with colors of crimsons and purples; the clouds were broken into a million or more heaps of rounded entities that sprinkled about, mirroring slightly of the pigments that the atmosphere incased naturally by the sun. The view on the sunset was vivid, but the sudden seep of darkness cause by the suns absent left them lacking in vision of the other. Yet, they were not moved or swayed by it—rather than feeling concern, they were taken by the escaping light for it only tendered their heart further. Before now, before everyone else left, before they stood together, before the sun began to say goodnight, they did not think it was possible to become even fonder of each other. Their apparent chit-chat vanished briefly as their eyes gazed off, creating the feeling of indefinable friendship.

 

Mell: "That's Arch! The closes person I got to a true friend. Damn, I love him. When I stand next to him, I feel safe - like there is such a firm presence. If I go too long without seeing him or hearing his voice, I feel down. I can't explain the firmness and sincerity of his character that appeals to me so much. He is strong, reasonable, tolerant, and candid - can't explain my gratitude for being able to meet such a wonderful young man.

 

He is the type of friend that if I knew someone was spiting him, I'd run over to were he is and stamp out the person causing him anguish. He is my only bud that I feel that way about, and thats saying something. He is so open and strong that I have genuine feelings for the guy.

 

Some folks say we should totally date - that would , he is my best friend - or rather, the closes person I have to a friend, along with Jin!  This is our main significance to each other; friends are integrally apart of each others desires and wishes. Therefore, Arch and I naturally encourage each other and are always exchanging our thoughts, feelings, and wishes with each other. There are a lot of things he dislikes, so why would I make myself a target of that by making him a romantic entanglement? But shush, he is rather attractive - though I won't admit it to his face. He is tall, dark hair, well-built, bluish eyes etc." Mell thought.

 

Mell moved her hand over Arch and placed it on his leg, thinking it was his arm. Her grip tighten around him warmly, but her hand was way too low for his liking.

 

“Um, please move your hand from down there...And its' too ing cold to be sitting outside like this..."  Arch managed to say abruptly, breaking their silence.

 

Mell's heart then jumped suddenly, startled by his language. "...Sorry, I thought that was your arm...Um, I am cold, that’s why I was cuddling by accident..."


Arch, who was sitting down neatly with his arms firmly behind his back, hands gripping the quilt, suddenly sprung up and removed his heavy coat for her. “Please, put this on and sit up right, you have been leaning on me the whole time and it hurts. The way you chum up to me....it’s kinda awkward too.”


 
“Well, same to you! I wouldn't wanna cuddle next to you either..Hm! ” Mell said as Arch placed the coat on her kindly.


“You left your coat at my place the other day.” He said


“You can have it.” Mell said back quickly, pulling her arms through his coat.

 

“What the hell? It is pink.” Arch asked, looking down at her, and lifting a brow in wonder.


“I don't care because you probably won't get this one back.” She replied, snuggling in the already warm coat.

 

“But thats my favorite....” He said back, rapping his hands around his arms to shiver from the cold breeze.

 

“Let me guess, you are colder now?”

 

“Yep.”


Mell then burst into laughter, “I’m sorry, but I simply ca-" but before she could finish that sentence, a bright light appeared from nowhere,  flashing colors of blue, right in front of them.
 

"What the fu..." Arch said quietly, "Mell get up and stand back."


"...What are you getting worked up about?" She adds, not really seeing anything.


"Are you blind....? Something was flashing lights from that way." He said, pulling her close to look after her.
 

“Look,” she then patted his back and motion for him to look further, “see, its' some old hag. Ignore her and she might disappear, though its kinda hard because dang, she's really ugly....-"


 “-You there!” The misterious old woman yelled from a far. The lights then stopped flashing and the woman eased their way.

 

 Mell started scooting closer to Arch, trying to hide behind his 6+ self. "Arch I am scared." She said sincerely.

"Well, don't be. Lets see what she wants."

"But...Can't we run?" She stutters back.

"Nope. Why should we do that? She is so ing old." He tells her back.

"But..."

"Shush, butts are for pooping. Besides, she is coming our way."

The old lady stumbled closer and her figure became quite evident now; wearing a dirty black cloak, she angled her head to look at the two. Her skin, quite pale, as if she was never kissed by the sun and her face..."Ew."

 

All three stood there and gazed at each other from a slight far, not knowing what was going on nor what would happen next.

....

"I am here for the boy...." the old lady said, using a raspy voice. "I don't need to explain myself right now. I want him to come with me tonight. So girl, please step aside."

 

As she said that, Mell became confused (and slightly jealous), instantly easing from behind Arch and giving the old lady a dirty look. "Ew, that’s gross, man. He is like, 300 years younger than you."

"Quiet girl..You don't understand the intensity of this...I will not leave until I retrieve the boy’s body."

"Oh my God, shoot me in the face, you are so freaking weird lady! I am pretty sure he doesn't wanna get laid by you...seriously, we have no idea who you are, buzz off please and find someone your own age." Mell said, pointing courageously at the elder.

"Foolish girl, the boy is meant to be an experiment!" The old lady yelled, feeling fed up with Mell stringing her along.

"Yes, we get it! Arch is freaking hot! But he is my friend-I am not handing him over to a 'o fart! It's already dark here, we are leaving now..." Mell states, pouting slightly. She grabbed Arch by his hand and began walking away - but the old lady is in no mood to let them.

"Listen, this boy has more power than anyone can imagine. If he falls into the wrong hands, it can spell the end of all of us. The feelings he holds inside, the pain he doesn't share, its potent enough that he could cast a hundred spells. " The stranger said to them.


At this time, Arch, however, is quietly listening - he is bewildered by this and can't make sense out of what the old lady is saying.

Everything then clicked white - Arch and Mell could no longer see anything, including each other or the old woman. What type of witchcraft was this? They surely did not know.

 

 

"ARCH! ARCH? Where are you?!"

"I can't see anything....That damn old lady!"

"I can't see anything either! I can't find you..Hang in there."

"No, you hang in there!"

"I said it first!"

"Say what now?"

"Arch..?"

"Mell...?"

"You still there?"

"Hello?"

".."

.....

............

.................

 

 

Kaleidoscope of the Mind

 

Auther: Sophia W.

Genre: I don't know yet

Rating: M (for language and other adult stuff)

Created date: 10/02/2012

 

 

 

Continue Reading