Snow Firefly

The next morning.

 

The morning Sehun woke up to was bleak and cloudy. Although mostly buried under covers, he could still feel the freezing wind biting at his pale skin. Outside was desolate and quiet, inside was lonely and silent.

 

Seoul's weather was colder than what the forecast had predicted.

 

With a groan, Sehun blindly used his elbows to push himself into a a more comfortable position upon his stomach and tried to untangle his limbs from the mess of a bed. One foot was hesitantly allowed to escape the cocoon of the blankets but was quickly withdrawn due to the overwhelming difference in temperature. This was the kind of morning he didn't want to wake up to; he wished to be able to curl around another one's body under thick blankets- warm and maybe, less sad.

 

'One' of course, meaning Luhan. The boy with the dyed pink hair and bubbly smile was probably Sehun's favourite person out of all the people in the world. There was something about Luhan that lit up the worst of Sehun's days and made his heart beat fast. He couldn't pinpoint which part he liked most about Luhan but he did have a little weak spot for his beautiful singing voice.

 

But unfortunately Luhan could not be with him at that moment and he didn't want to think about being alone so Sehun didn't dwell on what could have been for long.

 

Sehun used one hand to brush his askew blonde hair out of his vision and the other to remove the covers from over his head. He then proceeded to slowly ease himself out of the bundle of covers to let his back rest on the headboard of his wooden bed. The cold breeze stabbed his torso and all visible skin; Ah, how he regretted wearing only boxers to bed.

 

With one surprisingly powerful exertion of power, he jumped out of bed and grabbed the first long sleeved shirt which he noticed adorning the hard wooden floorboards and stumbled over to the rather big mirror next to an ivory cupboard.

 

Sehun's own dishevelled appearance in the mirror had him groaning and quickly reaching for a damp washer from the sink bellow. He patted his face with the blue material and attempted to remove any traces of the eye liner he had and regrettably applied the last night for Luhan. One time, many, many months -possibly years- ago Sehun had let his childish boyfriend experiment with make up and unfortunately for him, Luhan really liked seeing him in eye liner. Sehun never forgot anything that Luhan told him, and often took his advice and suggestions- just to make him happy.

 

'No more thinking of Luhan,' He reminded himself with a painful inward jab to his stomach.

 

At least, not for now.

 

His eyebrows met in a frown and he trudged away from the mirror rubbing his arms up and down, unsuccessfully spreading warmth around to more body parts. Why was it even so cold in his room anyway? All of the doors and windows in house were sealed; it didn't make any sense. He only had one window in his room, but he knew he had closed it before slipping into bed.

 

It was then at that moment, Sehun realised the reason behind the strange wind blowing his bedroom.

 

The big window in the middle of the baby blue wall across from Sehun's bed was wide open. The curtains which framed the square blew towards him and drops of rain splattered on the white windowsill.

 

The only person who could of opened the window was Luhan, who had left in the middle of the night.

 

- -

 

Author's Note: Ahhh... I'm sorry this took so long to update, I'm such a procrastinator. ;n; Also I'm sorry if this is short... and if it doesn't make much sense to you... It feels right to me, but I guess none of you know what's about to happen... *u*

Thanks MrWhipCreamBuddy, btw. You're comment inspired me to finish this chapter. ouo  (also your username makes me giggle) 

Anybody know of the Japanese band Plastic Tree? I highly suggest you look them up! "Yuki Hotaru" played a massive part in helping me write this chapter. 

My author's note is weird. Ah @ u @ sorweee. 

All comments and subscribers are amazing~! <3 Thank you!