The Promise I Made

A Scrapbook Memories

A boy and a girl, or maybe it was a pair of lover, none was sure enough. They were sitting under the beautiful starry night sky of a dark winter night and the cold wind would come to greet them once in a while. The girl was unexceptionally pale, maybe it was an effect of the radiant full-bloomed moon. She was smiling so beautifully with her pale lips, her silky brown hair would fly with the wind, and her head was leaning against the boy broad shoulder. She let his warmth overjoyed her for once.

Isolated from the world was the chosen place where the boy would bring her for their last moment. None would come to bother them and none would come to find them. It will only be the two of them, until the sun goes up to the sky, and then both of them have to wake up from this beautiful sweet dream and face the nightmares. Once the sun goes up, time would stop and none could have moved an inch. It was the consequences of what they have done, yet they did not regret it.

They were on top of the mountain, a place that would turn freezing cold during winter, yet it doesn’t matter. A piece of warm blanket was shared between the two, enough to warm them up. Even without it, none of them was going to be freezing cold. His overwhelming warmth will slowly overjoyed her and her warmth was the last thing he ever wanted to feel before waking up. It was enough, to have her/ him side by side. Truthfully, it was more than enough. They were contented.

She snuggled closer to his arm and his original scent greeted her. What was it? Suddenly, she likes it a lot. He, too, loved the way her raspberry scent greeted his nose. It was a nice scent, swaying in the air, it felt his lungs and fulfilled the days where he long for her presence. They have never been this close and now, as seconds pass by, they’re enclosing the distance. It was two different people, bounded by the red strings of fate that shall never collide, under the same starry night sky. It was the day they broke the rule and the day they lost it.

The river was flowing shamelessly down the cliff, the sound of the water flowing slowly accompanying them in the middle of the cold night. She slowly brought her gaze up, enjoying the scenery in front of her. Her eyelids were slowly closing, as it was late at night and her body has turned weaker than usual. She was slowly turning colder, if he isn’t there to warmth her up. Her gaze was sweeter than usual, without a hidden pain. Such a beautiful scenery, with the glittering starts and a full-bloomed moon and when she looked down, it would be the glimmering lights of human-made that greeted her. If this truly is a dream, please don’t ever wake her up.

They were so close that they could hear each other heartbeats. His was pounding heart yet slowly it dies down while hers was rather weak. He could feel the hot liquid rolling down his arms, as he pulled her even closer. And she, too, could feel the hot liquid oozing out from her now fragile figure. Yet she did not regret it, neither did he.

It was unbelievable, how she used to be a Takane no Hana. She was someone so out of reach and he’d never dream of having her by his side. She looked so flawless, yet it was truly scary of what a smile can hide. She used to shine so brightly that none has the ability to outshine her. She used to smile so beautifully and her gaze was one of the sweetest. She was that much beautiful and genuine, soft and gentle, that none couldn’t help but fall for her.

The cruel red string has fated the two to be separated, to live in the same world with the fate that shall never collide. Yet on her fifteenth birthday, he broke the red string, leading them to a forbidden relationship. One that would goes on with its own happiness and one shall suffer – it was their consequences. Yet he was greedy enough, not only to break the string, but also to run from the consequences. And on her fifteenth birthday, he promises her he’d cast away her pain and heal her scars.

He was the one at fault, for her never-ending pain. He was responsible for her tears. He would always watch her from a far, as she cries endlessly at night, despite the beautiful smile she’d give off during the day light. He wanted to heal her pain and it has been five years since then and he has yet to fulfill his promised. Today, on her twentieth birthday, he’d heal her and cast away her pain.

***

Slowly turning weaker, she let her eyelids closed and faces the peaceful clouds inside her head. Her heart was somehow healed and the pain was at ease. Her heart was no longer throbbing in pain and it felt very nice to be leaning against him at her last moment. Her hands were held tightly, inside his warmth grasp. He softly sings her to sleep as she drifted off to the other world. His gentle touches were comforting her to sleep.

The iron scent quickly greeted both of them, as they know soon it will be dawn. The time was slowly ticking closer as they both have run out of time. Another soft sigh escapes her lips, as she took a deep breath. She took a quick glance at the boy next to her. She actually liked him a lot, if only he knows that.

Somehow, a tear escaped her eyes has she let her tired eyelids shut both her eyes closed. It was the end of her beautiful gaze that none would ever see. She was faintly smiling, despite the throbbing pain that somehow has returned back to life. It suddenly turns cold and she turned weaker and weaker. She could no longer feel the hot liquid oozing out from her body and it was so comfortable.

“Jieun-ah,”

“Byun Baekhyun, I actually like you a lot.”

“I love you.”

It was on her twentieth birthday that he realizes there’s only one way to heal her and cast away all her pain. One way that he has to do, to stop her from suffering any longer and it was by erasing her memory. There’s only one thing in the world that could erased her memory and stopped her pain, by killing her. Therefore, with his own bare hand, he stabbed her.

He gently laid her on the ground, with his knife planted inside her chest. She was smiling, with the radiant glow of the pale moonlight, blood staining her plain simple white dress. She was sleeping so peacefully as he left her all alone. Both his hands painted in her blood.

“I love you,”