chapter 1

Birthdays

They were singing, drinking and party like crazy on GD's birthday. At 3am, they all left to get home or somewhere. GD was driving and park his car near Han River. He walked around and smiled at that table where he saw a girl sitting there looking at the night view with cakes and drinks on the table behind her.

Jiyong "Hey, I thought you be here"

M "I thought you never came. Happy Birthday Jiyong-ah"

Jiyong "Thanks M. Can i blow the candles and make a wish?"

M chuckles and said "I was waiting for you to say that. Here!"

Jiyong smiles , close his eyes and make a wish. after 10 seconds he blow the candles and M clap her hands. 

M "Yay! Let's eat the cake. cut some for me!"

Jiyong laughed and nods his head. He cut a small piece of cake and gave to M. 

They ate the cake and toast a strawberry juice together. 

M "So did you have a good time?

Jiyong "Yeah! I can't believe i'm 26 already. Time flies so fast"

M "Tell me about it. I only met you this year"

Jiyong "When is your birthday? We can celebrate together this year and the next following year"

M "My birthday is 18 September. I haven't celebrate my birthday since 2 years. Birthday are nothing special to me Jiyong-ah"

Jiyong "What you mean? 2 years? Nothing special?"

M "It's complicated and I'm used to it. Don't worry"

Jiyong "But... but.... I thought people are supposed to be happy on their birthdays...."

M "Jiyong-ah, my family don't really care about birthdays. After the divorce, it kept getting worst. Even though I live with my mom, She never talk to me so does my father. Since then, I don't really bother about birthdays. My sister and brother are busy with their lives"

Jiyong "I'll change it for you. I'll make you change your mind. I'll make you feel how to be blessed or happy on your birthday. Let me!"

M "Why? Why you wanna do that? Why you bother about me?"

Jiyong "Cause your my friend. I take care of my friends"

M "Yeah, like how you and your NUTHANG members get drunk everytime you met?"

Jiyong "Hey! You know me I like to party... but not that crazy"

M "I see. Anyway it's almost 5am. You better get back and I'll be going home anyway"

JIyong "Want me to drop you off? The subway won't opened till 6am:

M "Thanks"

Jiyong " No problem"

As they were packing, Jiyong can't help but feel sad when he listen to M story. She must have shed a lot of tears. They were walking to Jiyong's car.

Jiyong "M, can i ask you something"

M "Ask away"

Jiyong "After your parents divorced... did you get lonely? cry a lot? jealous when you see family having a good time eating decent meals?"

M "Yes. I cried many times. My father was involved in an accident a few months ago. He passed away. My mom never bother about me when I told her

I wanted to move to Seoul. I came here to study and start a new life. The plan was to be here for 3 months. But I extended my stay till today. I get lonely of 

course, all my friends are no longer with me. I feel sad cause I study something i love but ended up working another field"

Jiyong "I'm sorry to hear that. I can make it change for you. Can you allow me to do that?"

M "Jiyong-ah.... Oppa. Why do you wish to do so? Even if i am just your friend , You act as if you wanted me be more than that"

Jiyong held her hands and said "Maybe I want too.. I feel lonely sometimes too"

M "Oppa, your never lonely. Don't Be Lonely Birthday Boy"

Jiyong "It felt right when you call me Oppa"

M blushed. Jiyong start her engine and drove the car to M's apartment.

M "Oppa. Thank you for tonight"

Jiyong "Thank you too, Mira"

M "Omo, you still remember?"

Jiyong "I never forget the people who are very close to my heart"

M "Am I? What are we then?"

Jiyong "We are about to be in a relationship"

M "We are. Anyway happy birthday Oppa"

Jiyong "Thank you. Thank You"

M "Here's my present. Opened it when your at home okay? Good night" M kiss Jiyong's cheek and went to her apartment. Jiyong smile and drove to Big Bang's dorm smiling from parking lot to his room.

Jiyong sat down on his bed and open M's present.

Jiyong "If you want to change my perceptions on birthday.If you want to make me happy again. I wanna do it with you Oppa. Will you accept?

Yes or no? This is a sweater I made for you. I forgot to tell you I took fashion design course back in college but I never have the chance to make it or show 

what I got. Thank god we met right? I guess God works in a mysterious way. Is it fate or destiny? Anyway enjoy the sweater birthday boy and i'll see you 

soon. Bye"

THE END.