Anything For My Angel

Angel Wings

 

 

~Chapter Twenty~

Anything For My Angel

 

 

Taemin's POV~

 

“Ahh.” I whimper as I stumble into the room in the demon realm. I collapse onto the floor and grasp onto my chest. The general lied to me. I didn't ambush Thunder, but Onew hyung. If only Kai was able to tell me everything before. Luckily I came on time, or else Minho hyung would have not survived. He's much too weak to bear any pain. I can't risk losing him.

“And I can't risk losing you.” Demon Minho hyung says as he rushes in and scoops me into his arms. “Why do you never think for yourself?” He moves the random strands of hair off my face and my hair lovingly. “Be still my angel.” He smiles and leans down. His lips are a centimeter away from mines. He breathes in and I can see a cloudy substance float out of my mouth and into his. His eyebrows furrow as he breaks into cold sweat. His grip on me tightens as he struggles to remain upright. He lets out a small groan while his head leans down, as he tries to remain conscious. As my pain lessons, he struggles to not shout out in pain. As the last bit of poison releases from me, he falls back onto the bed. His arms are still protectively holding me.

I roll over and lay beside him to give him some breathing room. I move all of the hair that stuck onto his face and wipe his cold sweat off his forehead. “Why are you such an idiot?” I ask as my eyes shed tears. “You tell me that I never think for myself, but neither do you. You just took all of the poison. What if you die?”

“Anything for my angel...” He smiles and falls unconscious.

“I hate you.” I sob as I lean my head on his chest. “The more you help me, the more I owe you, the harder it is for me to leave you.” When the battle is fought, how will I be able to fight with all of my powers? What if I hurt him? What if he hurts my hyungs? What if he...hurts himself? Why is our fate like this? “I love you.” I close my eyes and listen to his melodic heartbeat. It is like music to my ears. As long as I can hear it, I can be at peace.

 

Onew's POV~

 

“The poison is completely gone fortunately.” Key nods as he pats Minho's back. “You on the other hand,” He points at me. “You can't heal on your own. Since they used demonic arrows and not energy arrows, the cuts will not let your body react to it well. You'll basically be like a human and heal slowly.” He pats my bandaged leg, which hurts.

“Where's Joon?” I ask.

“He said that their general has summoned all of the high ranked demons for a meeting. I'm guessing it's about the failed assassination.” Jonghyun says. “And don't you dare think about going back through the gates! It was hard enough for me to get you back the last time. Besides, I don't think you should make them feel threatened. Next time, I don't think they will hold back.”

“Taemin.” I say his name slowly.

“What about him?” Minho asks.

“His presence was there...” I say.

“You don't mean...” Key stops adjusting my bandage and stares at me, in case I was joking. I'm not. “He would never do that.”

“Please don't tell me the demons have manipulated him and made him join their side!” Jonghyun yells. “W-what if Taemin's working for them now? What if...?” His words flow quickly as his hands move around, trying to find something to distract him from worrying.

“It can't be. Anything but that. When I was poisoned, Taemin saved me, meaning he's not a traitor!” Minho screams. “No matter what, I believe in Taemin.” He exits the room.

“We're not saying he is! Let's stop yelling and think of every scenario.” I yell at the slammed door. “First scenario: he is a traitor and only saved Minho since he loves him.”

“Second scenario: he's just trying to gain their trust- which explains why he saved Minho.” Key says.

“Third scenario: he didn't know he was attacking us.” Jonghyun chants.

“Fourth scenario: he's being controlled.”

Jonghyun breathes out loudly and falls back onto the couch. “Minho is too emotional for this. What if Taemin really is a traitor...We would have to kill him. If he's controlled, we would have to make Joon our main spy. If he just didn't know he was attacking us, then that means the demon general does not trust him...All scenarios are horrible.”

“Key, what did Kai tell you when you talked to him?” I ask.

“He told me...strange things.” Kay starts. He stands up and puts away the healing materials slowly. “He told me his job is to keep Taemin safe and he would try his best to avoid inflicting any sort of pain. This includes helping him get closer to the general and betraying the demon army.”

“Strange.” Jonghyun nods.

“But not just that.” He shakes his head. “He mentioned something about...their past life.” A dead silence engulfs the room. We have always talked about our past lives in our dream connections to our angel forms, but never on Earth. My angel form has been weak for a while since I was captured along with Taemin's angel form during the pass battle. I am slowly recovering, but if the battle were to happen now, our forms cannot join... “I remember Jonghyun's angel form has told me something once. Not just us, but our souls, the realm, life as we know it will soon come to an end. In order to end chaos, we must make sacrifices. Please...Don't make this one of our sacrifices.”

“There's a demon aura.” I warn. Who is this person? “Where's Minho? Is he still around? He's weaker than ever. If he is around and the demon-” My words are cut off by a scream. Minho.

 

Taemin's POV~

 

Did he find everything out? Did the general find out that I have halted the attack and saved Onew and Minho hyung? Does he know that demon Minho hyung is poisoned and currently frozen and restoring his powers? Why is Kai not even looking at me? Was he punished for partially hinting me? Is Kai still my helper or...? “Great job Kai.” Demon Heechul hyung chuckles and pats Kai's back harshly, nearly knocking him over. “Despite the misfortune at the assassination,” He eyes me. “Kai has done something that can slightly fill in that missing gap.” He informs. “Kai has just secretly attacked the opponent's headquarters. In order to lesson his leader's shame,” Kai glimpse at me and quickly looks away in shame. What has he done?! “He has just injured our secret weapon's alternate self.” Minho hyung! The general smirks at my direction. “Luckily for you, Taemin, you have one loyal follower.” He grins. “I hope you remember what I have asked you to do before I assigned you to the assassination.” He wants me to capture Minho hyung and replace him with the demon Minho hyung. I nod and bow, waiting for further instructions. “Good. I give you two days. Go.” He waves his hand and motions for Kai to follow me. I bow once more and exit the room.

 

“What. Did. You. Do!?” I slam Kai to the wall and lift him up by his collar.

“C-calm down.” He coughs.

“Tell me!” I slam him onto the wall again.

“I just had to okay?! I wouldn't have done so if there wasn't another method.” I let go of his collar and he falls down onto the ground, clutching his bleeding head. I know this isn't a way to treat him, but I was too angry to hold anything back. I help and put him onto the seat besides the bed where demon Minho hyung is resting. I apologize quietly and he nods. I use my powers and mend the slit on his head and immediately he looks healthier. “I know that I angered you. I know that what I have done has hurt you.” He looks down and stares at his shoes. “Minho knows that I am working for you.” With this, I shoot him another glare. Minho hyung does not know that I am a spy. He just thinks I'm busy and Onew hyung has told me that he wasn't informed for his safety, since he would worry. “Well, I think he can assume it...I talked to him before the ambush-”

“You told him to save Onew hyung? Are you crazy? You know he's weak. You know that I lo-” I stop talking.

“Love him.” Kai finished for me. “I know I may seem like an imbecile. I know that I anger you. I know that you think everything I have done is wrong...But you don't realize that I have saved both yours and Minho's lives.”

“How so?”

“Tell me. Would you be able to live with yourself if Onew died under your attack? Would you be able to ensure Minho's safety? Would you be able to protect him and have the general's trust? Think about it Taemin. This is not a one man battle. You need allies, you need help. Me. I am your ally and I will help you!” He shakes me. “I injured Minho so the general won't want to hurt the others first. Since Minho is hurt, you can do your next mission to gain the general's trust. If I didn't hurt Minho, then the general would just have killed you. The demon Minho has awakened, so you are useless. He knows that when time comes, you will betray him. He is continuously testing you. Human Minho is weakening, if I don't hurt him and quicken up your next mission, how will he be able to get closer to the demon Minho?”

“How will that help him?”

“No one told you about the chances of him turning into an angel, have they?” I look into his eyes and search for lies. None. “If Minho is use to the presence of the demon Minho, then he will not be threatened to die before the battle has begun. If he lives, then one day, if the demon Minho and the human Minho join, they can turn back into the angel Minho. If this happens, and Joon succeeds and attacks the main forces in the demon army and destroy the gates, the angels will win. Now, do you get me?” He holds my hand. “Like I said before. I am going to fight this war for you and will try my best to help you, even if it means risking my life.”

“Will you ever tell me about our past? I want to know what is making you so loyal, so willing, to help me.”

“I will, when the time comes.”

 

 

Short update >.<

 

Comments are loved <3