The y rich boy and childish orphan

Reaching The Neverland

 

Byun Baekhyun who wants to go to his dream place, Neverland.

 

 

Byun Baekhyun, an orphan at Saekyung orphanage. He was found right in front of the small-rusty building that even couldn’t be considered as a proper building for an orphanage.

He’s grown up at the outside, yet child at heart. Always believes in what the caretaker said or maybe the story they tell him before he went to sleep.

 

Counting sheep until he fell asleep, the tooth fairy, and the most he adores is

 

Peterpan & Neverland.

 

Neverland is always his dream place; and he believes that someday, Peterpan will show up in his window and fly with him to Neverland.

 

It was his dream so far.

 

Peoples are getting harsher these days, even the orphans at Saekyung bully him for his childish minds. They make fun of him, call him names, etc.

But he never mind those, all his attention would only fell to his beloved story books. His eyes scan every word that printed on the every page through the lenses of his glasses, processing the words in his head and imagining how the story would be in real life. Well, that he’s been doing every day.

 

”What are you reading now, Baekhyun?” One of the caretakers asks him.

“I’m reading ‘Snow White’. It’s the book Yuri-noona gave me yesterday.” He smiles, eyes not leaving the book. “I guess it’s a good book, right?” The boy answers with a nod.

 

-

 

“Young master, I suggest you to eat your breakfast,” The tall man held the tray of food in his hand. “You have to eat this before having your medicine.” He continues.

“The medicine’s useless. I suppose you to leave, Kris,” The man stays there with the tray of food. “Now!” The younger boy shouted.

The man has no other choice but to take his leave from the bedroom.

 

Park Chanyeol, also known as Son of The Great Park which is his dad. He hates that name; he hates everything, even himself. A single thing about life, there’s no meaning for him.

 

He’s known(maybe) for his y act and selfishness, also for his richness (or his parent’s). For him, nothing seems positive, Nothing.

 

The young master of Park family sighs. “ my life…” He closes his eyes before drifting to the land of nightmares.

 

He never had a nice dream, Never. His sleep would always filled with nightmares or blank. The reason he always had nightmares is Loneliness.

He never has a family time since he turned into a teenager. Other than his parents that would always busy working abroad or having urgent meetings, He never goes out either. Like, his parents are hiding his form from the world.

He’s known, yes. But only name and things about this and that, no one knows what he looked like, except for the ones that have been taking care of him.

 

The reason he never go outside is only one, the only reason that would embarrass his family and himself,

 

his legs.

 

Why about his legs? Why he can’t go out? Why did his legs embarrass himself and his family?

 

 

Because, Park Chanyeol had been suffering from leg paralysis.

 

 

To go out in a wheelchair would be a burden for him, it would lower his dignity; His family’s dignity. Oh, how would the world react if they know the ‘Son of The Great Park’ has suffering leg paralysis?

 

The world would hate him, and he would too.

 

-

 

Yoona, the caretaker that having a little chat with Baekhyun previously, gets up to do her chores. But her walk to the back halted because of a loud knock; she spun around and went to get the door.

 

“Hello, and welcome to Saekyung orphanage! May I help you, sir?” Yoona greets the tall man in front of her.

 

“I’m going to adopt a boy that is around 17 this year. Is there any ones available?” The straightforward man peeks inside the rusty building. Yoona, not used to this kind of man, straightforward ones. She stood there, looked shocked like something had hit her before.

“Is there anything wrong, miss?” The man asks. “Uh, N-No! Come in, sir. I’ll lead you to the head caretaker.” Yoona leads the man inside and closes the wooden door.

 

 

 

“So, Mr. Wufan. You want to adopt a child?” Taeyeon, the head also the founder of Saekyung orphan asks the man. “Yes, and he has to be around 17 or more.” Wufan answers.

 

“Aah… But, why choose us? There’s plenty of orphanage that is better than us.”

 

“So, you’re not glad that I’m choosing this orphanage?”

“No! It’s not that- It’s just; there are rarely people who came to us. Their face would be some disgusted ones. I guess they only look at the exterior… Oh! You might want to see the profiles.” Taeyeon handed him the profiles of the kids.

Kris’ eyes scans from every photos, every detail so he wouldn’t miss anything. He turns the page and read it again,

 

until his eyes fell into a particular photo of a boy.

 

“Byun Baekhyun…” Kris mumbles while reading the name, follows with the profile.

“Oh, Baekhyun. He’s the one over there.” Taeyeon points to a corner where a boy is sitting while reading a book.

 

Kris’ eyes follows Taeyeon’s hand direction, there he is.

 

“Can I talk to him?” He asks.

“Of course! Baekhyun-ah, come here!” Taeyeon calls the boy whose eyes been sticking to the book pages.

“Nae!” The boy complies and folds the corner of the page to mark it and proceeds to where Taeyeon was.

“Do you need any help, noona?” The boy in overly sized outfit and large glasses smiles towards the caretaker.

 

“Yes. Baekhyun, this is Mr. Wu, Mr. Wu, this is Baekhyun, the one you’ve already looked at the profile.”

“Nice to meet you, Mr. Wu” Baekhyun bows.

“Why, hello there.” Kris shows his genuine smile towards the boy.

“So, how’s it?” Taeyeon asks Baekhyun.

“What?”

“The book Yuri has given to you. You’re done?” Taeyeon propped her chin on her palm.

“Uhh… just a few more pages…”

 

Ahem.” Kris cleared his throat gaining attention from the two.

“Oops, sorry. So, Him?” Taeyeon looks at Wufan.

“I assume, yes.”

“What are you guys talking about?” Baekhyun pouts, sulking like a child would do.

 

Instead of Taeyeon, Kris answers. “Baekhyun, you’re going to have a family.”