A Keychain & Comics

A Keychain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Wow, this keychain’s so cool!” you were in a mini market to buy some flours for your mom who was making some cakes at home. Then before you went to the chasier, your eyes caught something. A keychain. It isn’t so special, it’s just same as the other keychain you had ever seen before. But you thought this one is cooler and unique, and you realized that you had no kind of that keychain in your collection. Note : you loved to collect keychains and let them hanging on your school bag. You loved the way your keychains made some noisy sounds. It sounded nice, for you.

You looked down at your wallet. You just brought some money from your mother, just for buying flours. You sighed. Maybe next time, you said to your self as you let go of that keychain, and went to chasier. Your mom was waiting for you at home.

 

*

Couple of days later, you went back to that mini-market. You opened the door happily and then your jaw dropped as you saw that keychain has gone.

“What??”

*

 

“Let’s go home!!”

You heard some cheerful voices outside your class. Those were voices from boys next door. Their teacher must be letting they go home before the time’s up, you thought. You didn’t realize that the time was really up and then your teacher said the class’ over to you and your friends and walked out class. After collecting your books and put them in your bag, you walked out. You were so surprised when someone passed you. You stared at his bag, at the keychain. What the…

“Hey, hey.” You calledhim.

He turned around and looked at you. “What?”

“Y-your keychain… How could you get that?” you asked.

“I bought it, of course! Do you think I steal it?” he replied, looked irritated.

You shook your head and said ,”Why must you buy it?”

“That’s none of your business.” He said coldly. “It’s up to me.”

“But I saw it first!” you replied. He widened his eyes confused when you said

“Give it to me.”

He stuck his tongue at you and said,”Never.” Then he walked away.

“YAH!” you yelled. You just realized that he is Nam Woohyun from class 2-5.

 

*

That boy, Nam Woohyun passed through your class again. He always passed through your class when school was over. It had happened long time ago, but you still wanted that keychain and often stared at his bag, looking at it. You really really wanted it until today. But this afternoon you couldn’t find it hanging on his bag. You got confused. Where’s it?

You already went out your class when you asked him. “Where’s it?”

“What?” he asked.

“Your keychain.” You replied simply.

“O-oh.” He got your point. “It was broken.”

“What?” you shouted in disbelief.

“Yeah, that’s why I left it at home.”

You didn’t know what to say. He can’t keep things, you thought.

“Why? You still want it?” he asked you.

“Yeah..”

“Buy another one.” He recommended.

“But I just want it.” You replied.

“But I never give it to you.” He said and laughed.

“Pfff..” you pouted. “Fix it.” You told him.

He just shrugged his shoulders and walked away.

 

 

*

 

Another after school you found Woohyun passed your class as usual. But something got your attention. When you started to walk out your class, Lee Sungjong, your classmate, walked toward Woohyun and patted his back.

“Man, I wanna returning your comics!” Sungjong said cheerfully.

Woohyun nodded. Then Sungjong handed him with some comics. You thought maybe there were ten or twelve comics on his hand. Those all looked so heavy. You stared at those comics and realized that they’re your favorite comics, which you wanted to read. Your mouth started to make O shape. He had those all? Oh dear.

You then saw Woohyun smiled and asked Sungjong. “Have you read them all? What do you think? Its story’s so cool, right?”

You blinked. You never saw Woohyun smiled and looked so cheerful like that.

“Yeah! You’re right. I’m going to buy the next volume.” Sungjong answered him.

“I heard from my friend its next volume won’t out this month.” You heard Woohyun told Sungjong.

“EKH? WHY?” Sungjong shouted.

Woohyun shrugged his shoulders. “I dunno. Maybe the author has some troubles to make next chappies.” He laughed.

Sungjong also laughed and he then patted Woohyun’s back again. “But man, do you have other comics?”

“Sure. Come to my place if you want to read the others.” Woohyun smiled simply.

“Wow, cool!” Sungjong shouted happily. Then they both walked away and still talked about comics. But you were still in front of the class, seeing their backs. You started to think how you can borrow some comics from Woohyun.

 

*

 

“Hey.”

Woohyun turned around and saw you. He raised an eyebrow. As usual, he replied you with “What?”

“You have comics?”

“Yeah.” He answered in a bored tone.

When you mentioned the titled of his comics that you wanted to read, his face’s expression changed. “Oh, you like it, too?” he asked you, forming smile on his face.

Your heart beat a bit faster. “Yeah. I saw you lend some to Sungjong.” You said.

He nodded. “Wanna read them?”

“Yeah!” You nodded and smiled at him. “Last volume I’ve read is the 4th.”

“The latest is 10th. You better read it quickly. It’s getting more interesting!” he told you and chuckled.

You laughed. “Really?”

He nodded and smiled. You barely caught him smiled and you then realized how sweet his smile was.

“I’ll bring them for you tomorrow. So you want to read from the 5th?”

 

 

*

 

You and Woohyun got closer. He always came to your class when break time and talked to you about many comics. But not only you both, Sungjong also joined. You often borrowed many comics from Woohyun, from Sungjong, too. You were happy being around Woohyun and you didn’t know that you already fell for him. And you forgot about that keychain.

 

 

This was the last year in high school. Your friends have decided where they wanted to go and most of them wanted to go the university. You wanted to go to the university, too. You have decided to take a department that you liked, but your dream university was in Pusan. It meant that you would live far from your parents, far from Incheon. But glad you found out some of your classmates (included Sungjong) would go to Pusan, too. You wouldn’t be alone. You still had your friends there. But, how about Woohyun? Where will he go?

It was a break time. You sat on the bench outside your class with your classmates. You all talked much about many things. Then you looked Woohyun came to your class and looked for Sungjong. They talked a little before they also sat on the bench and joined you all. Then some your classmates went to canteen and you found there were only you and Woohyun who sat on the bench. Your heart beat faster and faster. You tried to start the conversation as the wind blew slo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter