Goodbye Letter

Our Fantasy ~ MyungBer Drabbles
Goodbye Letter 
Bold - Speech

Bold+italic+Underline - Letter

 


 

 


 

 

 

 

 


It’s has been nearly over a year now… Amber was still thinking of him. Walking past the high school that they had their first meeting, first kiss, first date, and most importantly their first love, she still remembers how he made her feel special, needed, and loved. But she couldn’t get that feeling any more, well; at least he’s not here by her side anymore.

 

 


She still remembered how their first date went, Amber chuckles as she passes the old coffee shop that they use to go, man their cakes was hella delicious. It was a new experience for both of them as they never went on a date since this was a first. It went fine, the boy treated the girl, while the girl eats her cake and blah, blah, blah. However at the end of the date the boy did the girl back home but in the end they get rarely know each other. After their first date, they became closer and closer. Knowing each other secrets, teasing each other, and better yet, they have silence that was so comfortable that they could fall asleep, not in boring way…take it as a peaceful and delicate way of showing their love for each other. It wasn’t 2 weeks of their dating until they got their first kiss. The kiss… well it happen intentionally. After that they started to get comfy with idea of kissing.

 

 

 

 


It was the day of their graduation, some were getting ready and fulfil their dream works while some were going off to vacation and have a bunch. As for Amber, she and MyungSoo decided to continue their studies, and pursue their dreams. To their luck they both got accepted to the same university. Moving in together, they have rented a little old house near the university. Their first night at the house wasn’t the greatest, hearing little weeping noises and moans in the house, they found out the house was burnt down and a little girl had died in there. Amber’s heart flopped when she heard that making them move out of the house. They found a new house and Amber had to make sure no one had died in it, making the owner have a mental impression of her, he stayed away from Amber as far as possible.

 

 


Summer was over, and it was back to school. It was their first year of university, yet it was a nervous wreck. It was their first time going to class without each other. She wanted to be a scientist while he wanted to be a photographer, two totally different subject. 

 

 


Well, obviously everything was first in universities, going to bars, having horrible hangovers from partying too much, to having a random opposite on the bed. The couple agreed that they will pass the first year before going out and partying. Without partying, they both found some pretty decent friends. They soon became a pretty tight group. Soon after a month, they always hanged out after class but one thing that their friends didn't know that Amber and Myungsoo were dating. The guy friend of MyungSoo liked Amber's friend. MyungSoo and Amber wanted to set them up, so they became the match makers and set them up and made them an item. That's when Myungsoo and Amber told them that their dating too. After that day, they always had double dates having fun. 

 

 

 

 


4 years have already past. It was graduation day, they finally had finished their studies and ready to get their dream jobs. Surprisingly Amber and Myungsoo's tight friends whom they set up with we're getting married finally after 4 years of dating. After attending the wedding, she wished that Myungsoo would propose since their relationship has been going on for 9 years. 

 

 


It was days before the wedding has past, Amber catches Myungsoo being distant to her after the night he went out. It was something regularly, she barely gets to see him now a days. Thinking that he might go to the bars or parties and going off with those girls like how he did in university, it pained Amber. One day when he came back from work, she confronted with him earning them a big fight. Myungsoo couldn't take the atmosphere and left the house. The next day there was no sign of Myungsoo nor the next day or the day after that. It has been like this for a week now. There was no call, no text from him. It was starting to worry Amber when he didn't pick up his phone. Even if they had a big fight he would usually pick up the phone. 

 

 

 

It has been another week, and she couldn't get a hold of him. Amber had asked all of his friends and family about his where about and none of them seem to know where he is. Is this the end? Is this how they end this relationship?It is not after a few days until she got a call from Myungsoo's doctor. After hearing out the doctor, she grabbed her car keys and ran out the door with tears in her eyes. She drove out of the drive way as she was crying in the car. Heading over to the place where the doctor had told her, she encounters a traffic jam. Amber was impatient she doesn’t have time for this. Amber moves the throttle to reverse and backs up for some space so she can U-turn and find a different route to her destination. 

 

 


Amber has reach the hospital less then 10 minutes, usually it would take 20 minutes but she drove over the limit. After she parked, she literally sprinted into the reception desk. Amber asked for that specific person room number. The look on the nurse face wasn't that bright when she heard the name of the patient. The nurse guided Amber to a white room, there was a couple in their late 40's crying just outside of his room. Could they be his parents? But why are they crying? 
 

 

 

"Miss, please come this way."The nurse called, making Amber slip out of her trance and follows behind the nurse into the white room. The room was all white with an empty bed. As Amber got closer to the bed, the white sheets had a figure like human popping out. Amber gasps as she covers in shock. She couldn't believe this was happening, the tears were threatening to fall down. Feeling someone tapping on her shoulder, Amber turns around to face a doctor holding a clipboard. 
 

 

 

"Are you Kim Myungsoo's girlfriend, Amber Liu?" The doctor asks while eyeing his clipboard. Amber nods, she was about to ask him what has happened to Myungsoo the doctor stuff an envelope into Amber's hands. 

 

 


"Maybe this will answer your question. He wrote this, and told me to give it to his beautiful girlfriend." Hearing the last two words made Amber's tears fall. The doctor pats Amber before leaving the room. Amber walks towards the bed; she lifts the sheet up to see Myungsoo's pale face. The rest of Amber's tears came rolling down like a waterfall. She falls on the floor in disbelief, crying in the floor, she remembers the letter. Ripping the envelope open, something round and metal fell out of the paper. She picks it up the floor and realizes that it was wedding ring. More tears came rolling down her cheeks as she quickly and opens the letter. 
 

 

 

 

 

"Dear to my dearest girlfriend Amber Liu,

I guess when you get this, I would be dead. Sorry Amber... I knew you want to get engaged and get married but i couldn't fulfil that wish. I was planning to propose to you 3 weeks before but it isn't until i received a call from my doctor that i have
cardiovascular.”

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 


---

 

 


“I was surprised that it got worse. You are probably disappointed in me for not telling you about this but i had this symptom since i was young. I was getting better and the doctor said i was fully healed, but i guess he lied. Back then was pretty depressing, i started spacing out, i was quiet and never talked to anyone or made any friends until you came along. You were the first friend i have ever had. First crush, first to catch my tears and pain, first to share my secrets with, first one to come over and be close to my family, and most importantly my first love. You’re the first i want to marry. Amber, you’re the one who brought me out of my misery and showed me what life was really was. You give me life and brought excitement to my life. Every time we kiss, we held hands, our bickers, and teasing its gives me a new life, new hope."

 

 

Amber was still wondering about it. Should she go to where her parents have set her and her date up? This was the 48th time that her parents had set her up since Myungsoo had died. Debating whether sehe should go meet him or not, Amber decided to give him a chance. She wanted to test his patience and if he had it she will think about starting with him. But first things first, she needed to wasted time. Amber walks into arcade that she and Myungsoo always go

 

 

 


"I still remember how we first started. Do you? Remember that old arcade that we always went in the weekends?". Amber walks in to the arcade as she replays all the memories she had with Myungsoo. "The same fighting game we spent all night playing versing each other? After i lost the thousandth time to you you did your cute little victory dance. Right there, right then, i wanted to smother you with kisses. My eyes flash and somehow our lips were connected." Amber throws a a loony into the token machine before 3 tokens came out. She takes the tokens before she goes to that same old game console that she and Myungsoo always played. Slipping all three tokens into the machine, she picks her all time best guy. "That day was the happiest day of my life, it will always be in my memories. That was the day you accept to be my girlfriend. I guess i was a bit overwhelmed with happiness and eagerness i told the whole town that i finally found a beautiful girlfriend, Cheesy isn't it?"

 

 


"Our first date... Haha, I remember... You made me wait at that coffee shop for nearly 5 hours! I didn't even know why I could able to stand waiting for you for that long? I guess its love?" Finally after 5 hours, Amber has reached the coffee shop. Her date probably left, it's been 5 hours now. He would've bailed like the other 47 dates. "To cut this letter short before this goes on forever. I want you to promise me one thing." Amber walks in to the coffee shop as she feels her breath getting heavy.  Walking up the stairs, she walks to where she had reserve her old table that she and Myungsoo had always go. It was their signature seat. Amber walks to the table as she finds hot coffee that seems like it was just brewed. Looking around to see if anyone was here to look like to be waiting for a date. There was no one in the cafe, Amber knew it, and he wouldn't wait like Myungsoo would. Throwing herself onto the chair she yells out loud for the workers to hear her. 

 

 

 

"A cup of cappuccino please." A coffee cup was in her sight as she looks up to find handsome looking man. Amber gawks at how he looks.
 

 

 

"Forget about me and find someone new "


 

 

 

"I guess you’re my blind date? Hi! My name is L..." L chuckles at her surprised expression before sitting down on the chair in front of her. Amber kept her eyes on L as she compares Myungsoo's face with L's. They looked exactly alike, so alike that Amber would've thought she was hallucinating if she saw him in the streets. 

 

 

 


"Why are you staring at me like that?" L chuckles as he closes Amber's mouth. Snapping out of her trance, she realizes how late it was and she wanted to go home and calm herself down."That loves you"She must be going crazy to see a Myungsoo look alike. 

 

 

 

"I...I...I I got to go home."Amber runs out of the coffee shop with tears running down her cheeks. L runs after as he catches her tears flowing in her eyes. L follows Amber as she runs through the streets, he was curious of why Amber was crying. Following her into the bus stop, he didn't even get a break the bus has already come. Sprinting to the bus before the bus closes the doors, she finds Amber in the back of the bus, crying. He sits beside Amber making her jump in shock. 

 

 

 


"Are you alright?" L asks Amber before Amber leans in hugging L. Crying into his chest letting out her tears; L wraps his hands around her back placing his hand on her waist. Comforting her, he pulls her closer to him as she cries. "And would cherish you, you can do that right?”

 

 

 

 

 

Amber soon fell into slumber after a hardcore of crying. She was asleep on L's laps while he admires her sleeping face. Taking off his jacket he places it on Amber to keep her warm. Brushing her hair away from her face, he wondered why that she burst out of crying after she had seen him. Was he ugly? Was he scary? If he was, she wouldn’t hug him and started to cry in his chest right?

 

 


Finally after 10 years of crushing on her he has finally get to interact with her.  Yup the first time he had seen her in high school was in high school. L knew that Amber was dating some Kim Myungsoo or whatever his name was. Seeing her happy was all L wanted, he knew he wouldn’t have a chance since he was bullied for being ugly. So he stayed low and kept his confession till now. After he graduated high school, he decides to change his style. Going to the hair salon getting a new hair cut and getting contact lenses he looked like a brand new person. People started to misunderstand him for a celebrity, and all the girls were all over him but… he only had eyes out for Amber.

 

 


Amber woke up just before her stop arrives, knowing that she had sleep in a L’s lap she was shocked that she did not feel uncomfortable not even one bit. Maybe it’s just because he and MyungSoo have the same aura that make Amber feel warm? She doesn’t know, but one thing that really hocked her is that how similar between L and Myungsoo. Their personality, looks, how they dress it’s all the same. Amber slowly sits back up not wanting to him up, she then realizes that he has given her a his jacket. Smiling at his genuine gentleman gesture, she hears the overhead calling for her next stop. She clicks the stop button, before sitting back in her seat. Admiring how he looks, she brushes his brown hair away from his eyes. It’s okay if you find someone new Amber.” Drawing his jaw lines, he looks like a duplicate of Myungsoo. Amber jumps in surprise when she felt a hand grabs hers. Realizing that L has woken up, he still in his sleeping position as he was still closing his eyes.

 

 


“I can’t sleep if you keep on touching me like that…”He teases, making Amber look away in embarrassment. L chuckles before slipping his finger in between Amber could feel her face getting red as she feels her hand intertwines with his. Realizing that it was Amber’s stop, he pulls Amber with him as he gets out of the bus. Amber raises an eye brow that he knew where to get off the bus. Walking towards Amber's house, their hands were connecting together as they walk in silence. Amber wondered how did L know where she lived, she was really confused right there and now.


 

 

 

“L..."


 

 

 

“Hmm?”He answers with a questioned tone in his voice.


 

 

 

“How did you know where I lived?”


 

 

 

“Haha, Why your parents… Why? You didn’t think I’d stalk you right? Obviously he came up with that just now. L didn’t want her to know that he had stalked her when they were in high school, because that would make things awkward and complicated. He remained calm in front of Amber but inside of him was like fireworks. All of his focused was on how their hands were connected together.


 

 

 

“So L… what high school did you go to?”


 

 

 

“Seoul High, You?” L didn’t lie this time, he feels there was no need to lie about these things.


 

 

 

“Really? I went there as well… how come I didn’t bump into you once?”


 

 

 

“I had no friends, I was a nerd so I guess I stayed low?”


 

 

 

“Eyyy, Don’t lie… if you were swarmed of ladies then say so I won’t get a bad impression of you.” Amber thought he was lying since he was so handsome right now, but one thing was weird, why did he need to blind date if he was this handsome? Was his personality bad? No he was very gentlemen like back in the bus and now… this made Amber wondered. She sees his doleful expression she knew that he wasn't kidding. She immediately felt apologetic.


 

 

 

“oh… Sorry… I didn’t-“


 

 

 

“It’s okay… it’s the past, the thing is important to me is the future, so no need to aplogize.” L explains to Amber, he didn’t want her to feel guilty and talking about the past was the least of his worries. Amber nods as she smiles at him.

 

 

 

 

Amber nods, as she kept on asking L questions to get to know him more. On the way home, Amber knew a lot more about L and his personality, his family, and his experiences. He was very similar to Amber and Myungsoo in very different ways. L was similar to her because he had also lost his girlfriend because she had cardiovascular disease like how Myungsoo did. L’s and Myungsoo’s personality are the exact same. Stubborn, clumsy, short-temper, considerate and loves skin ship. Both loved kimchi stew, obsessed with cameras, the only difference was that Myungsoo loved black while L liked the colour white. L said that white was as pure as the white snow that drifts around in winter time, and as light as clouds as they freely fly around the earth and mostly importantly as beautiful as angels in heaven.Amber was so into listening to him, she started to feel comfortable and safe around L. Maybe just that she hasn’t interacted with anyone in ages or just the fact that he was very considerate and kind.

 

 

 

 

Walking hand in hand, Amber and L encounter a food fair on the way home.

 


 

 

                                                                                                                                                          

“Hey, want to eat fish cakes before we reach to your house?”Amber nods as she smiles at him. 

 

 

 

 

 

“Wait here I’ll go get some so we can go home quickly.” Even though she was wearing his jacket she was still cold. Maybe having some hot fish cakes would warm her up.

 

 

 

 

L notices that Amber was shaking from the cold air, not wanting a girl to wait in the cold and plus it was night time it was a bad idea to leave her so he decided to bring her with him and eat at the shop. L takes the scarf around his neck and wraps it around Amber’s neck before taking a hold of her hand. Pulling her into the shop, L’s arms naturally wraps his hands around her stomach from behind making Amber tense at the touch.


 

 


 

“Ahjumma, 3 fish cakes please!”The ahjummah hands them two fish cake skewers, before they start digging in.

 

 

 

 

"Omo, you two on a date? You guys look adorable together!" The ahjummah who was working in the fish cake shop, complemented the two, making them both blushed as they thanked the ahjummah.After eating 6 fish cakes each they paid the ahjumma and thanked her before leaving the stand. They proceed to walk to Amber’s home, hand in hand. Although Amber was uncomfortable about it she held it in not wanting to hurt L. All the way home they have been quiet, and L knows it.


 

 

 

 

Once they have reached the drive way of Amber’s house, L asked Amber why she was quiet the whole way after they ate the fish cakes. He knew that Amber was hesitating to ask something.


 

 

 

 

“L… Can I ask you something?”


 

 

 

 

“Shoot.”


 

 

 

“Why did you blind date since you have the looks and personality shouldn’t girls be all over you?” L expected this question from her, since she brought up this topic he decides to confess to her. L lets out a big sigh thought it would make the tension less tense I guess was wrong.


 

 

 

“To be honest with you Amber… It’s true that girls are all over me.” L confesses.


 

 

 

“Then why blind-“ Amber was cut off by L before she could finish what she was going to say.


 

 

 

“It was because of you…It was because of you Amber…” Amber frowns at his reason. It made no sense at all, how was it because of that he blind dates. Plus they just met today. Amber was calling for an explanation.


 

 

 

 

“H H H How was it because of me?”


 

 

 

 

“I actually had a crush on you since high school… and that’s the reason why I blind date. To be with you, and finally have a chance to interact with you and to talk to you. I know I lied to you to not knowing you but the rest of the things that I have told you about my life and my girlfriend are true! I just didn’t want you to know about me crushing you for almost 10 years, I was scared that you would think I’m crazy. I’m sorry that I lied to you, I didn’t mean too.”L looks at the floor avoiding her eye contact not wanting to see her reaction. He jumps when he feels her hands on his face as she lifts his face to meet hers eyes. L sees a small smile on Amber's  face as she shakes her head slowly.


 

 

 

 

“You don’t need to be sorry or stressed about it. I know you cannot control what your heart thinks. I appreciate your feelings for me, but I think we both need a time to get our feelings straight. Your feelings towards me could be just a high school crush-" Amber pauses as she remmebers what Myungsoo had written in the letter.“You know at first I thought when I first met you; I had a crush on you? I thought it was just some small high school crush but it was actually turned into love, a love that made me happy.”


 

 

 

 

“Amber… I know my feelings towards you aren’t just a joke- Amber why are you crying!” L sees that Amber were in tears, why was she crying again? Amber grabs a hold of his shirt and pulls him close to for comfort. L wraps his arms around Amber comforting her as he was totally confused of what was going on. “Amber-ah! If you find him, please don’t let him go!” Amber thought it through, she would let L have a chance. She remmebrs on how he had waited for her in the coffee shop like Myungsoo, how he was nice and considerate and how he was honest, thats what she always wanted. Amber didnt know why was she pushing him a away. She pulls out of the embrace, with their arms still around each other.


 

 

 

“I thought it through, nevermind what I said. You’re an exception…” Amber shyily says before a smile comes out of L's tensed face. “Don’t let me bring you down and make you can’t be with your Mr. Right. I will always be up there to be watching you.”


 

 

 

“Are you saying that I'm having a chance?” Amber nods. She screams when L lifts her up and twirling her around. “Amber, it’s time for me to go and always always know that…” L places her on the floor before squishing her into a hug. Amber smiles at his childish actions before returning the hug. “...I Love You.”


 

 

 

“I love you too Myungsoo, for bringing out of my misery and guiding me out of the dark. I love you…”

 


 

 

 

"Myungsoo had died on June, 21, 2012.

 

He has written this letter on June 12 2012, a week before his death

 

This letter he has written had brougth Amber out of her misery and pain after one year of his death.

 

During this time, Amber felt dead inside without Myungsoo 

 

Her parents were worried about her and her future, that's when they decided to plan blind dates for Amber.

 

Amber has seen  47 blind dates, none of them Amber has liked. To be frank, she has never seen one of them

 

Well, the 48th time she thought that he would be the same and bail the date

 

That's when she met L, that guy who waited for her in the coffee shop for hours,

 

who chased her to the bus stop when she was crying

 

who kept her warm and safe

 

who Amber has accepted out of the 48 dates

 

That guy who could bring Amber out of her misery and pain

 

That guy was L...Kim Myungsoo's long lost twin brother."

 
[CONTENTID3]Surround text in your story with these tags to display it here[/CONTENTID3]
 
 
 
author's notes
 Please comment and subscribe