Funky Funky Chen Hyung

Exo Oneshot Collection (ChenXeveryone)

Chen hated the fact that Sehun didn't consider him a 'hip' hyung. Some would even say that he was in the maknae line, so how could he not? Chen doesn't know when he started caring if he was 'hip' or not, but he can guess that it probably started when Sehun turned old enough to go to clubs.

He remembers being in the living room with Luhan, sifting through the various channels, trying to find something interesting to watch. When Sehun came waltzing in with jeans that were way too tight, and a leather jacket that looked way too new.


"Hyung, come on. They're waiting outside." Sehun says tapping Luhan on his shoulder to get his attention. Luhan looks away from the blindingly bright TV, and gets up to follow Sehun out to wherever their destination is. Chen who immediately misses the warmth that was like a cloak for the left side of his body, turns away from the TV and asks.

"Who's here?" Chen questions, blinking to get moisture to return to his eyes that had gone dry from staring at the TV mindlessly for so long.

"Just some friends." Sehun answers, not even sparing a second glance at him, almost is if he was trying to avoid the questioning.

"Oh. Well, where are you going?" Chen asks, scooting to the edge of the coach becoming interested. Sehun stops mid-stride and releases an annoyed sigh, and then turns around to face the questioning other to begin spilling out lies. But before he can, Luhan pipes up and answers, "To the club."


Chen doesn't miss the look on Sehun's face. The look that could only be described as 'wishing that he would have let Luhan in on his plan, so that he wouldn't have shared that piece of information to the other.' Chen's face immediately falls after understanding the situation.

 


Sehun didn't want him to come along.

 


Sehun seeing the crestfallen expression rushes to add on, "It's not that I don't want you to come along, it's just tha-"

"What?!" Luhan cuts in eyes filled with confusion, "You told me that you didn't want Chen to come along, because you were afraid that he would embarrass you. And that he wasn't 'hip' enough, or something like that."  He finishes with a shrug of his shoulders, obviously having a hard time trying to recall the coversation that took place earlier that day. Sehun can only stare at the ground, too afraid to look anywhere else.

"Sorry, hyung." He mutters to Chen, ashamed at having surely hurt his feelings.

"It's ok, Sehun. It's not like I would have had time to go anyways, be-because you know, I'm so busy with umm...", Chen rambles, eyes wondering to the ceiling thinking of an excuse and adding a simple, "stuff", when he fails to think of one.

Sehun knows he's lying. Luhan knows he's lying. Heck, even Chen himself,  knows he's lying. But no one says anything, not wanting to add to the already uncomfortable situation.

Thankful for the horn bellowing outside signaling for them to hurry up, Luhan bids his goodbye to Chen, and begins tugging at Sehun's arm not wanting to miss their free ride. The last of Chen, Sehun sees that day, is him dragging his feet, head hung low, going to his room.

 


Two days later, after Chen has finished sulking and has finally had returned to his happy, normal self. It happens again. But only worse. And this time, not with Luhan, but with Suho. Chen wouldn't be so upset if it was Kai, or Tao, but Suho. The member that everyone refers to as Grandpa, the member that is afraid of almost everything.

The rejection this time hurts much worse than the last.

 


"Hyung!" Sehun practically sings, skipping into the kitchen.

There's only two people in the kitchen currently, and that's him, and Suho. And Chen is almost positive that, that 'hyung' wasn't directed to him.

Sehun is startled when he enters the kitchen and finds Chen, hovered over a array of random food items, attempting to find something edible that can hold him over till dinner, obviously trying not to make eye contact with him. He already apologized, he doesn't know how else he could possibly make it up to him. Maybe it was just going to take time. Tearing his gaze away from Chen's back, since he was still being ignored, he walks over to where Suho seems to be making some type of sandwich and back hugs him.

"Hyung, I want bubble tea.", He begins, whining directly into Suho's ear, "Will you buy it for me?" he asks, throwing out his best aegyo.

Suho releases a sigh of defeat, knowing that he has already lost.

"Alright, let me get my wallet."

 


Chen was in his room pacing back and forth, slightly angry. Wait! Scratch that, Chen was completely pissed. Sehun had picked Suho over him, even if he probably didn't know that he had. Chen could understand picking Luhan before. After clearing his eyes of clouds of anger and sadness, he sat down and analyzed the situation with rationality. Sehun had known Luhan for years, and after the comment that Sehun made once before stating that 'he didn't know what true friendship was, until he met Luhan', he completely understood that decision. But picking Suho over him! After Sehun saying himself multiple times that 'Suho was more of a hyung, or a father, and not so much as a friend', left Chen completely baffled. He couldn't understand it. What was so wrong with him that Sehun felt like he couldn't take him anywhere?!


Chen was just going to go back to sulking around the house and feeling bad for himself, until a certain Baekhyun found him sulking and bullied, with the help of Chanyeol, the reason why out of him. And after a lot of begging, and more bullying, convinced Chen to go out clubbing with them.

"Eeep! This outfit is perfect!" Baekhyun squeals, "Here. Try it on." He finishes, throwing the clothes at Chen.

"I don't know Baek..." Chen says, scrutinizing the clothing in his hands

"Come on, you'll look nice. I promise."

Chen grasps the hem of his shirt, hesitant at pulling it over his head with all the eyes staring at him.

"What are you waiting for?" Baekhyun questions, wondering why he was hesitating.

"I can't."

"Why?"

"I'm embarrassed, Chanyeol's right there." He whispers, motioning over to the one who was lying comfortably on his side on top of the bed, staring directly at him with eager eyes.

"It's just Chanyeol."

"I know, but he's creepy."

"You're right, he is kind of creepy. Chanyeol turn around and face the wall."

"What?! Why?! I want to see Chen change too." Chanyeol whines, kicking his legs throwing tantrum. 

"Chanyeol." Baekhyun says in his sternest voice, accompanied with his sternest face.

"Ugh! Fine." Chanyeol finally agrees and turns facing the wall, but not without another show of leg kicking.

 

 

Chen finds out after a couple of minutes of trying not to look like a chicken having a seizure on the dance floor, that he is definitely not the worst dancer. But Chanyeol is. Chanyeol has whacked people in the face, knocked multiple drinks out of their hands, and has 'accidentally' d more than enough strangers, s and butts. And he's barely been on the dance floor for ten minutes. After watching Chanyeol continuing his antics, and glares from bystanders becoming more and more persistent, Baekhyun and Chen finally decides to pull him off the dance floor and to a booth far, far away from his victims. Shoving him in the middle and sitting on opposite sides of him, they cage him in to make sure he doesn't anger any more fellow clubbers.


"Chen, can you go and order us some drinks? Maybe it will help calm Chanyeol down." Baekhyun asks, fanning his hand to try and cool down the taller next to him. Chen slides out of the booth, and begins weaving his way through the crowd untill he reaches the bar.

"What would you like?" The bartender yells, completely covered in dark clothing, and even darker eyeliner.

"Umm, I would like a..." Chen couldn't help his eyes wondering over to a rainbow colored head in his peripheral vision. Which was weird because Sehun has that exact same hairstyle, and has that exact same leather jacket. And oh my god, that's Sehun!

"Sir? Sir?!" The bartender yells in attempt to bring back his potential customer. But Chen wasn't listening, instead he was having a internal battle with himself. Should he go over, or should he act like he never saw him? Chen would have picked the latter, if it wasn't for some guy looking like he was starting trouble with Sehun. He begins speed walking over, still hearing the faint call of the bartender over the loud music behind him.


"Hey, Sehun! Are these guys causing you trouble?" Chen asks wrapping his arm around Sehun, while eyeing the random man warily.

"No, hyung. We were just talking abo-"

"Oh, please! You need to tell this little punk to apologize!" The unknown man yells, interrupting Sehun, obviously drunk.

"Apologize for what?" Chen questions, watching Sehun in his peripheral.

"He thinks I was trying to hit on his girlfriend."

"Think?! I know! So tell him to apologize. Now!"

Chen looks between the two, eyes stopping on Sehun. He doesn't even know why he was contemplating this. He was Sehun's hyung, it was his job to back him up whether he was right or wrong. So that's exactly what he does. Turning back to the unknown man, Chen responds, "No. Sehun won't apologize, because if he says he did nothing wrong, then I believe him." A small smirk forms when he feels Sehun slightly squeeze his arm, silently thanking him. The last thing Chen remembers is a low growl coming from the man and...

 

 

"Hyung. Yah! Hyung, wake up." Sehun whines, the shaking of Chen becoming more persistent, seeing as his hyung had been out for more than an hour. The passed out person slowly opens his eye, only to immediately began shielding it from the blindingly bright light.


"It feels like I got punched or something." Chen said, still covering his eye.

"It's because you did."

"What!?"

"Yeah... the guy from before punched you, but he ran away when he thought he had killed you, but really you just passed out."

Chen's head gives a painful throb after processing everything Sehun had told him. And after adjusting to the light with his last good eye, that hadn't been swollen shut, begins looking around analyzing his surroundings. By the looks of it, they were still in the club, the only people being them and the bartender from before, who was now sweeping the floor. His 'eye' begins to widen after realizing that the goofy giant, nor the goofy giant's partner in crime was anywhere to be seen.


"You're probably wondering where Chan, and Baek are."

Chen nodded his head agreeing, having too much of a headache to speak.

"They left early because they were afraid of what you would do to them once you found out."

"Found out what?" Chen asks, voice laced with suspicion.

Sehun's only response is taking out his phone, and shoving it in Chen's face after tapping play.

It was a video of him, wearing the exact same outfit that's currently on him, in the middle of a cluster of moving bodies, dancing. But not only dancing, but dancing worse than Chanyeol. He couldn't believe this, he tried so hard not to dance worse than Chanyeol, only to end up... dancing worse than Chanyeol! Chen handed the phone back to Sehun rubbing his face in embarrassment.

"Aww, cheer up. People actually liked it, and you have a lot of views already, and you even got a nickname."

"And what's that?" Chen asked, bracing himself for something mean, rude or just down right embarrassing."

"Funky Funky Chen." Sehun reveals, trying to contain the laughter that was wanting so badly to spill out.

"Ohh, noo." Chen groans sinking further down into the booth.

Sehun who succeeded in holding back his laughter, but not the evil smirk that was currently on his face began, "What? I like the nickname. I think it fits you perfectly, Funky Funky Chen hyung." Sehun says nudging him with his elbow.

"Well, I for one, hate it."

"Would you hate it so much, if I said 'My Funky Funky Chen hyung?'"


Chen begins blushing at that. Sehun said 'my', which means that he's claiming him, and not disowning him as a hyung. Which means that maybe he isn't that embarrassing to Sehun as he thought.

"My?" Chen questions timidly, not wanting to overstep any boundaries.

"Of course. Any hyung that is willing to take a punch for me, is a hyung that I will cherish and claim forever, no matter how embarrassing they may be."

Before anyone knew what was happening Sehun was coddling a crying, one-eyed, non-dancing hyung. But it was his crying, one-eyed, non-dancing hyung.

 


"We should really get your eye checked out."

"Probably...but after this."

 

 

Author's Note: Sorry that it took me so long to post this. But YAY I finally got it posted! Anyways thanks for all the subscribers! I can't believe I've gotten so many. :)